Investment Account Summaries are always blank

I am a brand new user to Money 2006.  After the very first time I set up my
Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account
summary (after clicking on the account from the account list).
Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the
summary.  Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing
Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions.  I have no idea what's
wrong.  I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the
same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary.  I have
repeatedly updated my account holdings, but nothing happens.

Can someone please help?  Thanks!
0
Steve3367 (862)
9/2/2005 6:06:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I have the exact same problem!
Did you ever find an answer to your question?

"Steve" wrote:

> I am a brand new user to Money 2006.  After the very first time I set up my
> Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account
> summary (after clicking on the account from the account list).
> Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the
> summary.  Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing
> Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions.  I have no idea what's
> wrong.  I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the
> same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary.  I have
> repeatedly updated my account holdings, but nothing happens.
>
> Can someone please help?  Thanks!
0
cmlacak (1)
10/12/2005 6:20:15 PM
The "position summary" is included in the Call Summary when you get a new
online statement from your broker. Once you've "read" (processed) that
statement it is cleared for the next statement download (the positions get
updated in the specific account so that they match with add/remove share
transactions if necessary).

As was mentioned if you want to see the Positions you can go to the
Portfolio Manager. You can add Portfolio Manager as a shortcut icon to make
it easier to access.

You could add the Investment Summary and/or Investment Performance module to
Money's home page. But since that will be looking at all of your investment
accounts, it may not provide exactly the information you want to see.

-Mark
"cmlacak" <cmlacak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the exact same problem!
> Did you ever find an answer to your question?
>
> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > I am a brand new user to Money 2006.  After the very first time I set up
my
> > Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the
account
> > summary (after clicking on the account from the account list).
> > Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the
> > summary.  Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on
Investing
> > Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions.  I have no idea what's
> > wrong.  I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it
does the
> > same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary.  I have
> > repeatedly updated my account holdings, but nothing happens.
> >
> > Can someone please help?  Thanks!

0
abcd7779 (838)

Insert blank row after change in cell value not working.
I have used the Gord's VB code posted on here to insert a blank row after each change in cell reference without problem several times. I now have a worksheet that will not run it correctly. It now inserts a blank row if the cells text colour changes, although when I paste these different cells into another worksheet using edit special paste = values the cells justify either left or right depending upon their colour. The different colours come from different worksheets so I assume it must be something to do with their formatting but the properties for each one appears the sam...

2 e-mail accounts thru microsoft-
i HAVE 2 E-MAIL ACCOUNTS THRU MICROSOFT- 1-MICROSOFT OUTLOOK AND THE OTHER IS MICROSOFT LIVE. BOTH HAVE THE SAME ADDRESS. I CANNOT GET THE ACCOUNTS TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. tHE MICROSOFT LIVE ACCOUNT ONLY RECEIVES E-MAILS FROM MICROSOFT AND IF I TRY TO SEND SOMETHING FROM WORD THAT IS WHERE IT GOES AND i CANNOT SEND IT ANYWHERE. plEASE HELP WOULD REALLY LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE FOR HELP -- jsj This group is for Windows Mail. Outlook is a program, not an account provider. You'll going to have to explain in better detail what you want to do. -- Dave N....

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

Project Accounting -- AP Invoices
There is an AP Invoice that has been paid. We need to change the Project Number that this invoice was charged to. I think the easiest way is to enter a return to vendor to remove the invoice from the first project. Reenter the invoice against the correct project. Then in Purchasing apply the credit created by the return to vendor against the newly entered invoice. "Allyson" wrote: > There is an AP Invoice that has been paid. We need to change the Project > Number that this invoice was charged to. ...

Filter by header to an exchange account
Greetings: I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" How can I "filter" messages with this header and direct them to a specific exchange mailbox/account instead of the original recipient? Thanks, Scott On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:54:31 -0600, "Scott" <scott@invalidUCE.com> wrote: >Greetings: > >I have a mailserver gateway that handles our mail and spam filtering. It >tags teh messages with a Header: "X-Spam= YES" > >How can I "filter" mess...

two different email accounts in outlook
How do you store two different email accounts in two different places in outlook? I have two accounts, one on an exchange server and another just a local imap account. I want to store the mail in two different places. How do I do this?? In the control panel click on the mail icon. Click the bottom button that says "show profiles". Add another profile and setup your IMAP email account. Make sure you click the "Prompt me for which account to use" bullet. Now you will have separate accounts for each email address. ...

Investment balances show contributions as negative cash balance
Hi, I'm using Money 2006. When I downloaded transaction for the first time, Money added up all my cash contributions as a negative cash balance. This completely skews my portfolio view - in fact, it shows a negative cash balance worth more than all my investments... How can I solve this? I just started using Money and I don't have that much work put into it so far. I'd be willing to delete & re-upload accounts if I did something wrong initially. Most of those contributions are direct deposit from paycheck to 401(k) and never went through my bank account. A smaller...

AutoFilter in Query not pulling blank cell
Hello, I have a query with this in the criteria: Like "*" & [Forms]![frmForm1]![cboNames] & "*" and in the cboNames I have : me.requery the autofilter cboNames works. But when I first open the form, cboNames is still blank, the form only query whose records containing something in the Names. please help, is there a way to pull everything, even blank records? I even tried: Like "*" & [Forms]![frmForm1]![cboNames] & "*" Or Is Null. but it messes everything up. I have several of these autofilter on my form. Switch to query to...

Always show new record
Hi. I have a form for user input. The form activates when the dbase is opened. I would like to beable to have the field that they are inputting automatically go to a new record (blank ready to be entered) as soon as it the form is activated. Currently, it shows the first record. Is there a way to bring the form to "new record" view instead of a current or last input record? TIA! ...

Assign a category by email account
I have a single laptop that I use for work and home. In Outlook 2007, I have four email accounts. I would like for the mail from any single account to be coded with the same category color flag. So xxx@gmail.com would be blue, yyyy@gmail.com would be green, etc. Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007? Ed Ed wrote: > I have a single laptop that I use for work and home. In Outlook 2007, > I have four email accounts. I would like for the mail from any single > account to be coded with the same category color flag. So > xxx@gmail.com would be blue, yyyy@gmail.com would be green,...

Adding fields to account table
I added 3 custom fileds to my account table. I want to add some more but I am concerned that I might run into the 8K limit on record size in SQL Server. When I ran the following query in the MSCRM database, I got back a total record size of 9077 SELECT sum(c.length) FROM syscolumns c JOIN systypes t ON c.xtype=t.xtype WHERE c.id=object_id('account') AND t.name <> 'sysname' This indicates I am already over the limit (if all of the fields were filled to max length). How safe is it to add additional fields in CRM? What happens when I hit the 8K limit on a particular rec...

FRx and Unit Account Rollups
I have a stumper. I use an external payroll application but I'd like to do some calculations by FTE on my financials. I created a unit account to which I will post the number of FTEs each month. I now want this account to print on my financials out of FRx. I added the full account number (ie 888-8888-88) to my row format. I am using a tree broken out by departments. I didn't make any changes to my tree and the 888 department is not included in the tree. The issue is that when I print my financials, by department I have the correct FTE account balance but on any subtotal f...

Changing Display Name of Account Entity
I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have Account Name which I assume it is picking up from the Display Name on the entity. I can't seem to change this as it is greyed out - is there a way to change the headings on Views? Thanks Sue Ignore this - I was looking in the wrong place! "Sue Westlake" wrote: > I have changed the name of the account entity to Groups and this has > displayed correctly. However, when looking at Views the headings still have > Account ...

Auto Response for select exchange accounts
I am looking to configure several mailboxes that send emails to customers however if a person responds to it (which they are not supose to do) I want the account to auto reply with a message stating the message will not be responded to and informing them of the proper email to use. With this said i have tried using the Outlook server-side rules, however the one used to respond in this fashion needs an outlook client open which i can not do. My only other option i have found is the "Out of Office" which is not the propper format and is misleading to my customers. So here is ...

Mail merge error
I'm trying to do a mail merge to Leads and so far all but 1 lead has resulted in there just being blank fields with no information even though all Leads have all the information in them? This is one of the main purposes of CRM, does anyone know a fix for this? ...

Distinguish local versus domain user account?
Is there a definitive test for whether the current user on a machine is operating under a local account or a domain account? I can see numerous ways to infer such a distinction, but nothing (in the API realm) that directly tells you this unambiguously. I suppose the LOGONSERVER environment variable is a pretty good indication? But I tend not to trust e-vars, in particular with console utilities. And if I call NetUserGetInfo, the logon server always comes back "\\*" as opposed to the DC that I actually validated against. For a number of other reasons, I really don...

Accessing Web-based E-mail Account
Hello... I just installed Outlook 2003 so I'm still finding my way around. I see you can access Web-based e-mail accounts, such as Hotmail. In fact, it works just fine with my hotmail account. However, when I try to set up my Yahoo mail account, I get the following error message from Outlook: Inbox synchronization headers reported error 0x80070057. Anyone have any ideas about what I can do to fix this? They would be much appreciated. John Look on Yahoo! for their mail support help articles. Last I checked, they only will allow paid accounts to sync with Outlook, not the free service...

Unable to delete IMAP accounts
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) where I had 4 IMAP accounts configured. I wanted to change the location of the .pst file and I don't know what I did but now I ended up having 8 IMAP accounts. Each account has duplicated. The 4 IMAP accounts are working and I am able to send and receive emails. but when it won't let me delete the duplicate ones. When I go to Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup tab-->Data Files button, I get to see all the 8 accounts but when I click the Remove button to remove the duplicate ones, it gives me error "This data file is associated ...

Need to transfer investment
I need to transfer investments from one account to another. That really isn't too difficult as long as the same investment is in both accounts. However, in my case, my entire 401K was transfered to a different company and that company does not have the same investments as the first company. What I need to do is to "map" my investments from the first company to the investments of the new company and I don't see how to do this with Money 2003 Deluxe. Any ideas? Eric In microsoft.public.money, Beringer wrote: >I need to transfer investments from one account to another....

email accounts disappear
Suddenly when i was using microsoft outlook 2003 i want to make send and recieve as usual but what happend is when i click on the arrow next to the send and recieve botton i find no email accounts they are all gone and i recieve the following msg " dw.exe has caused a problem you need to restart microsoft outlook". and after i close microsoft outlook and open it a gain every thing back to normal, but afer 2-3min the same problem appears. Help is needed Chuck Something is causing, this of course. It is unlikely to be Outlook. Outlook has no code, I'm sure, to do this ...

Correlating transaction across accounts
My advance apologies if this is a faq...I'm a newbie & I'm trying to do something pretty basic without much luck. Any info will be much appreciated. I pay my credit-card with a check (from my checking account). So, when this check gets cleared & I download information into MS Money from both my credit-card company & my bank -- I have 2 transactions (a withdrawal in my bank account register & a corresponding deposit into my credit-card register). This is all correct so far. Now, how do I correlate these 2 transactions & tell MS- Moeny that both these transac...

Money 2003 importing statements to wrong account
I donwloaded a statement from one of my banking institutions, but by mistake I updated a wrong account with that statement. Now every time I download a statement from that institution, it goes directly to that wrong accout. How can I stop this automatic update of downloded statements? Thanks Delete the financial institution associated with the account and then read the financial institution is, I understand, the approach. I'd like to add this to the FAQ, but I need somebody who really understands it to validate this answer. "Claudio" <fenleyca@yahoo.com> wrote in me...

MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always auto-delete stored mail on exiti
My MS OUTLOOK e-mail does not always delete mail stored in the Deleted Items folder automatically when I close down even though I have ticked the box in Tools/Options/Other/General dialogue box to "empty the Deleted Items folder upon exiting". Any answers would be most appreciated to pj.ireland@tinyworld.co.uk. Thanx Pete Please advise your version of Outlook and type of mail accoun. Thank you! -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Pierre" &l...

blank subject lines
Outlook 2007. Where do I set the option to warn me about sending messages with blank subject lines? here is one way http://www.dotnetfunda.com/articles/article590-validate-blank-subject-warning-for-outlook-2007.aspx badgolferman wrote: > Outlook 2007. > > Where do I set the option to warn me about sending messages with blank > subject lines? > ...

Outlook on a limited account
Can I clarify my earlier post? I was actually talking about Outlook, not Outlook Express, and perhaps I did not make myself clear. My version of Outlook on my account functions fine all the time. My wife's version of Outlook functions fine when her account is an administrator one. When I change her account to limited status, her version of Outlook does not open, but gives an error message to the effect that 'these folders could not be opened' and the server was not available, which is not the case, because the server is operating fine as far as my account is concerned (and a...