Investment Account Summaries are always blank

I am a brand new user to Money 2006.  After the very first time I set up my
Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account
summary (after clicking on the account from the account list).
Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the
summary.  Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing
Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions.  I have no idea what's
wrong.  I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the
same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary.  I have
repeatedly updated my account holdings, but nothing happens.

Can someone please help?  Thanks!
0
Steve3367 (862)
9/2/2005 6:06:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I have the exact same problem!
Did you ever find an answer to your question?

"Steve" wrote:

> I am a brand new user to Money 2006.  After the very first time I set up my
> Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account
> summary (after clicking on the account from the account list).
> Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the
> summary.  Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing
> Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions.  I have no idea what's
> wrong.  I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the
> same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary.  I have
> repeatedly updated my account holdings, but nothing happens.
>
> Can someone please help?  Thanks!
0
cmlacak (1)
10/12/2005 6:20:15 PM
The "position summary" is included in the Call Summary when you get a new
online statement from your broker. Once you've "read" (processed) that
statement it is cleared for the next statement download (the positions get
updated in the specific account so that they match with add/remove share
transactions if necessary).

As was mentioned if you want to see the Positions you can go to the
Portfolio Manager. You can add Portfolio Manager as a shortcut icon to make
it easier to access.

You could add the Investment Summary and/or Investment Performance module to
Money's home page. But since that will be looking at all of your investment
accounts, it may not provide exactly the information you want to see.

-Mark
"cmlacak" <cmlacak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the exact same problem!
> Did you ever find an answer to your question?
>
> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > I am a brand new user to Money 2006.  After the very first time I set up
my
> > Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the
account
> > summary (after clicking on the account from the account list).
> > Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the
> > summary.  Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on
Investing
> > Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions.  I have no idea what's
> > wrong.  I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it
does the
> > same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary.  I have
> > repeatedly updated my account holdings, but nothing happens.
> >
> > Can someone please help?  Thanks!

0
abcd7779 (838)

Home an asset account
Hi, I had bought a house recently. I donot know how to setup asset account for this house. Already I had set up loan account as liability account. But this asset account i.e. Home will not have any transactions but just the purchase price or market value. Can I add expenses and improvements to this asset account. And By the way who to set up a balance sheet for this two so that I can not my equity in the house or for taxation purposes my net expenditures which I can show as Business Expenses? -- Chanikya you did not indicate which version of money you have. for version ms06, go to pla...

Importing tasks to existing accounts
I wonder if it is possible to import new tasks about an existing account in CRM or if I have to delete the account and make a totally new import? make a totally new import is not gonna make any difference . Use data migration manager choose the entity "Task" and map the columns and remember to refer the "Accountname" on CSV to the Attribute "regarding" . When you click Next , a screen appears with the name "Define relationship". check the "Account" and "Account Name" in drop down . /Aamir ...

Can I delete an account without losing messages?
Somehow in Windows Mail, I have 4 accounts, but I only want 2. My email provider is Telus (1 email is @telusplanet.net the other is @telus.net). On their website it only shows the 2 accounts, both IMAP. This is what I want on Windows Mail. But when I go to Tools -- Accounts it shows 4: the 2 IMAP accounts I want (with the individual email addresses) and 2 more pop3 accounts with the telusplanet.net address. One of these pop3 accounts has "(default)" after it and the other has "(1)" after it. I had changed my pop3 account with Telus to IMAP, then added or c...

investment expenses
Money 2002 I would like my superannuation fund (retirement)to deduct/add fees and taxes/interest from the account total. I have entered these items into the activities as "other expense" but they are not allocated a unit value so don't seem to count to the total account value. Should I have set this up as a cash account? I set it up as a managed fund It is sometimes difficult to relate Australian financial info with what is available in Money. Especially as I am not trained in accounting and we don't have much in the way of easily available info from our financial organ...

about:blank
When reading emails, I can no longer double click on a link and see the web page that the email is providing a link to. When I double click on a link to a web page that is in an email message, Internet Explorer starts up, then shows an empty page, with the words "about:blank" in the URL. If internet explorer is already running, an empty page comes up, with "outbind:/2-00....." in IE's URL. This used to work properly, so I can't blame it on improperly formatted incoming emails. I've done a "view source" on one of the problem emails, and on an email w...

MSN Money Investment Toolbox component of Money 2005
That's right folks, Money 2005. Installer is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005"\Common\webinst.exe" Check out "ReadMe File for Microsoft Money 2005 Version 14.0 July, 2004" ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005\readme.txt") An hour and a half on the phone with MS support trying to resolve problems with this new Toolbox and/or installation of same. Uninstalled, re-installed, updated DirectX to 9.0c, tried Knowledge Base Article 176841, etc., without success. They are aware of some problems and are working on them. ...

Investement Account No Longer Downloads
I hold several investment accounts with my broker and until recently have not had any issues with automatic updates of the accounts using Money 2005. Something has happened where one of the five accounts with this institution no longer receives updates - the others still download activity as expected, except for this one. I first contacted my broker to see if this was an issue on their side (i.e. - account was changed to not provide auto updates), although this is not the case. When I look at the global account view in Money, I can see the lighning bolt update icon next to each of th...

Blank password
Hi I have installed office 2000 on a brand new xp pro xp1 machine. The problem is that password does not stick in outlook internet account. I have to re-enter the password every time I send/receive email. The relevant registry entries are as follows; Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account Manager\Accounts\00000001] "Account Name"="Operations" "POP3 Server"="192.168.1.55" "POP3 User Name"="Operations" "POP3 Skip Account"=dword:00000000 "POP3 Prompt for Pas...

blank sender name & topic
Please help, i received unsolicited email which have blank sender name and topics. izzit a outlook bug or virus. the following info is retrieve from the email. Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 Received: from RAYANPROXY ([195.146.59.57]) by seemail.seem.com.my with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:06:19 +0800 X-Message-Info: 07FP02HCcilcp22N8ggZXPrBGZ2fC7lyXMscE3X667 Received: (from moorish@195.146.59.57) by eaten6[1 thanks * best regards, Yhng It has nothing to do with Outlook, it is simply spam. Get SpamBayes and train it - soon you will be a happy...

Sales Drop-Ship Item account
Not available on the customer master record, only in Tools->Setup->Posting->Posting Setup under the "Sales" filter. THis is distinct from the account of the same name under "Inventory". Has anyone ever found when this account is actually used? I figured it would be when SOP was setup to pull accounts from the customer, not the item, but that does not seem to be the case. Item level accounts are still being pulled. tia ...

Error accessing POP-3 account
In addition to the Exchange Server I have a POP-3 account defined. It always works when I first open Outlook, but it fails 2/3 of the time afterwards. The error message is Task 'david POP - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server adminstrator or Internet service provider(ISP).' I never have trouble with this POP-3 account from home or via the web. If it can't be fixed, is there any way to shorten how long it ...

account
I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my checking and savings accounts? .. In microsoft.public.money, hover wrote: >I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank >of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my >checking and savings accounts? This search will show some past discussions on RBC: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=rbc+royal.bank&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=...

Account Setup Inventory
Can anyone tell me what SQL table number the "Item Account Maintenance" window uses? We are trying to change our "Damaged" account for all items in the system... Thanks! Kelly The accounts for all items appear in the Item Master (IV00101). The field you will want to update is the IVDMGIDX. You'll need to know the Account Number's index number from the GL00100 in order to update it. "Kelly Jensen" wrote: > Can anyone tell me what SQL table number the "Item Account Maintenance" > window uses? We are trying to change our "Dam...

Is it possible to NOT have a default email account in Outlook XP 2002?
I use several email addresses as I work for several clients. When in a rush I sometimes forgot to select the correct email account and the default is used. Outlook XP 2002 does not allow the de-selection of a default account. Is this possible at all? Many Thanks Darren As far as I know, no. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Darren Lambert" <nospam> wrote in message news:ep%23vyZfRDHA.304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I use sev...

Exchange 2003/ 2007 emails coming in blank, but text appears if forwarded
We have two email servers, one that is Exchange 2003 and another which have just 30 users on that is on Exchange 2007 (we hope to migrate the rest of the 2003 users on to it). These are backend servers, but all emails within our company are delivered by one of two hub-client servers (both of which are Exchange 2007). We have this weird problem where occasionally people get messages sent to them which appear entirely blank, but if they then forward them, the text becomes visible. It appears that something is playing with the formatting of emails, and I am not sure what. Sometimes we have found ...

how do i set up microsoft office outlook account
I'm trying to set up an microsoft outlook 2003 account, but i don't understand the terms used in questions, such as: pop3 email, what do i type in space. What is incoming serverpop3, & outgoing server smtp & what do i type in space provided? I assume you do have a mail account setup with somebody ( HotMail/Yahoo etc), if not you will have to create one. Most of them are free! If you have an account, or have just set one up. Log on to their site with your browser and search the help for something like "Using Outlook" and there should be a page telling you what ...

crm4 workflow "Record attribute change" and merge Account record
Hi, Wondering if anyone can give me a work-around or tell me if this is a bug... Currently, I have a workflow that is defined to be triggered on Account "Record attribute change" condition. The attribute is a bit field, Yes or No. I have checked all Account records are set to "No". When I merge 2 Account records, the workflow fires, which I don't think it should. How can I work-around this? Many thanks! SW SW, Consider hotfix KB953821: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953821 Peter Gernburd "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Using the same Payee for Credit Card & Bank Account?
I am running Microsoft Money 2005: I have a Current account and a Credit Card account with HSBC. I therefore have a Payee 'HSBC Bank plc', which I enter in the 'Pay To' text box when entering a transaction going from my Current account to my Credit Card account. I also use exactly the same Payee to enter Interest payments in various different accounts. Is it normal to use the same Payee for many different purposes? Is there a standard way of organising this... Would it be usual to split all the Payee's into HSBC Credit Card (for all credit card payments and interest...

How to change the pop3 account remotely?
Hello, I have to change many pop3 settings from a Outlook 2000 installations in my network. Can i do this remotely?. I have access to the client registry from the option Connect to: in the registry, i perform a search and i not found the mail address. Many thanks Eric You might want to create new profiles, but that will be a PITA since you're using PST files. Why not just send out a mass mail to all users that explains what they need to do, presuming the existing profiles are still functional and receiving mail? epz wrote: > Hello, > > I have to change many pop3 settings fr...

Same Investment in two countires
I have the same ninvestment in two different stockexchanges - BHP on the US and BHP on the Australian stockmarket. But it will nto let me create two separate entries -as they both have the same ticker symbol (despite one being :US, the other :AUS. ) Any clues so it tracks both - without me having to bodge in a sybmol? David le Cheminant dlechem@optusnet.com.au ...

How do I set up an account with Outlook?
I have tried to send mail using Outlook but I do not have a send button. I understand I need to set up an account but I can't find how to do this. Thanks for your help "Dock Suzuran" <Dock Suzuran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C4591E8-1224-48A3-82B0-C89C68776B86@microsoft.com... >I have tried to send mail using Outlook but I do not have a send >button. I > understand I need to set up an account but I can't find how to do > this. Tools -> E-mail Accounts -> Add Use Outlook's own help. Open its help, Contents tab, a...

exporting OL 2002 e-mail accounts
I have a number of e-mail accounts which I use regularly and would like to tranfer these accounts to three other machines which are now wirelessly networked to the main machine. All machines use XP Professional and OL 2002. Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to enter the e-mail account details on each machine separately? Thanks. ...

Allow multiple General Ledger distribution accounts in cashbook/B.
In Cashbook/BM you can only enter one distribution account when entering GL type payments or receipts in the CBM payments and deposits entry screens. Often, especially with payments, there is a need to distribute the expense to more than one GL account. This is a user request from Pan Pac Forest products and has been submitted several years ago to the authors of the Cashbook product. ...

creating an e-mail account
i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those are? What do you suggest i do? "tshepo moloi" <tshepo@creditmatters.co.za> wrote in message news:4F06074A-403D-4299-BFE4-A96B8B40C68F@microsoft.com... > i,m trying to create an e-mail account using Windows Vista Mail and they > want me e-mail server(incoming and outgoing) and don't know what those > are? What do you suggest i do? Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windo...

SmartList Builder Go To & Project Accounting
SmartList Builder functionality should be complete for each module - in particular the Go To function for Project Accounting SmartLists. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...