Internet Address for Bank Gets Overwritten Every Time Money loads

Every time I start Money 2005 Deluxe, it updates the Internet address for one
of my credit card institutions. It must be pulling the address from some
lookup table and overwriting the correct address that I have provided (by
going into "Update advanced Web settings" from the Contact information screen
and entering the correct address in all four fields).

The account is United Mileage Plus Credit Card which used to be administered
through Bank One, but recently changed hands to Chase.

The correct address is: https://online.firstusa.com/
The incorrect address that Money keeps providing is: http://www.firstusa.com/

If I don't update the address, the online update for that account fails.
0
Matt1817 (383)
10/4/2005 4:50:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Can you still Matt wrote:
> Every time I start Money 2005 Deluxe, it updates the Internet address for
> one
> of my credit card institutions. It must be pulling the address from some
> lookup table and overwriting the correct address that I have provided (by
> going into "Update advanced Web settings" from the Contact information
> screen
> and entering the correct address in all four fields).
>
> The account is United Mileage Plus Credit Card which used to be
> administered
> through Bank One, but recently changed hands to Chase.
>
> The correct address is: https://online.firstusa.com/
> The incorrect address that Money keeps providing is:
> http://www.firstusa.com/
>
> If I don't update the address, the online update for that account fails.

Why not assign Bank One as the bank? It's still available in the online bank
list.

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/5/2005 12:20:21 AM
Because Bank One is not the credit card institution administering the credit
card account (First USA is). I have a hard time thinking the account is not
set up correcty in Money under United Mileage Plus Credit Card, otherwise
Money wouldn't be able to download transaction updates from that account.

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> Can you still Matt wrote:
> > Every time I start Money 2005 Deluxe, it updates the Internet address for
> > one
> > of my credit card institutions. It must be pulling the address from some
> > lookup table and overwriting the correct address that I have provided (by
> > going into "Update advanced Web settings" from the Contact information
> > screen
> > and entering the correct address in all four fields).
> >
> > The account is United Mileage Plus Credit Card which used to be
> > administered
> > through Bank One, but recently changed hands to Chase.
> >
> > The correct address is: https://online.firstusa.com/
> > The incorrect address that Money keeps providing is:
> > http://www.firstusa.com/
> >
> > If I don't update the address, the online update for that account fails.
>
> Why not assign Bank One as the bank? It's still available in the online bank
> list.

0
Matt1817 (383)
10/5/2005 4:00:12 AM
Matt wrote:
> Because Bank One is not the credit card institution administering the
> credit
> card account (First USA is). I have a hard time thinking the account is
> not
> set up correcty in Money under United Mileage Plus Credit Card, otherwise
> Money wouldn't be able to download transaction updates from that account.

With all the mergers, many of the providers allow access on any of their
public points of access. Chase just bought Bank One and used to not permit
direct downloads with Money. Now you can download your Chase (original)
account from the Bank One site, even though you can't do it from the Chase
site. Go figure.

There's nothing lost in trying, is there? Or is there no association between
First USA and Bank One, in this case? My First USA account was purchased by
Bank One in the past. That's why I recommended trying that.

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/5/2005 10:23:13 PM
As these things usually play out, now Money is not overwritting the URL for
that account. However, I was curious and so tried your recommendation of
creating a new account with Bank One and it worked - I was able to download
transactions. I noticed that it uses the same URL (www.firstusa.com) used by
United Mileage Plus... so I'm half expecting Money to have issues with it in
the future. We'll see. Thanks for your help.

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> Matt wrote:
> > Because Bank One is not the credit card institution administering the
> > credit
> > card account (First USA is). I have a hard time thinking the account is
> > not
> > set up correcty in Money under United Mileage Plus Credit Card, otherwise
> > Money wouldn't be able to download transaction updates from that account.
>
> With all the mergers, many of the providers allow access on any of their
> public points of access. Chase just bought Bank One and used to not permit
> direct downloads with Money. Now you can download your Chase (original)
> account from the Bank One site, even though you can't do it from the Chase
> site. Go figure.
>
> There's nothing lost in trying, is there? Or is there no association between
> First USA and Bank One, in this case? My First USA account was purchased by
> Bank One in the past. That's why I recommended trying that.

0
Matt1817 (383)
10/12/2005 5:00:01 AM
"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> As these things usually play out, now Money is not overwritting the URL
> for
> that account. However, I was curious and so tried your recommendation of
> creating a new account with Bank One and it worked - I was able to
> download
> transactions. I noticed that it uses the same URL (www.firstusa.com) used
> by
> United Mileage Plus... so I'm half expecting Money to have issues with it
> in
> the future. We'll see. Thanks for your help.

FirstUSA and its successors has always worked for me in Money. Who knows
what the future holds with respect to Chase's long-term support of direct
statements? Who knows what the future holds with respect to *any* bank's
long-term support of direct statements, now that Microsoft has associated
with Yodlee? They may simply off-load the responsibility for interface
development to Yodlee.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
NoSpam1246 (979)

Money Plus Deluxe
My Money Plus Deluxe stopped working so I uninstalled the program and put in my disk and the following message comes up. "Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money" When you go into control panel / add and remove programs Money shows it installed but it won't go any further. Does any one know what happend and how to fix? In microsoft.public.money, Thomas M <Thomas M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Money Plus Deluxe stopped working so I uninstalled the program and put in >my disk and the following message comes up...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

Trying to Get Subset of XML
I want to display a segment of an XML (see below) file in a datagrid. I want to select a specific <EventID> and get all of its children into a dataset so that I can bind a datagrid to those values. I am trying an expression as follows but I get an error "Value of type 'System.Xml.XmlNode' cannot be converted to 'System.Xml.XmlNodeList'." myNodes = xmldoc.ChildNodes("/Dataset/Events/[ShowName=Round 2]") What is the correct way to "get" that set of nodes and convert them to a dataset? ================== Portion of XML File ===============...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

SMTP address list
Does anyone know of a way to obtain a list of all SMTP email addresses accepted by a server and the corresponding user account in Exchange 2003? Thanks Brad Palmer You can use LDIFDE to dump Active Directory attributes to a text file. The email addresses are held in the 'proxyAddresses' attribute, so: ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses This will give you a file called dump.ldf containing your addresses. You can add other Active Directory attributes to the export file as you see fit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexc...

Slow, freezing, internet explorer
Hi there, I have a user with IE7 on a fast, 2 year old Dell laptop with strange behaviour: When in CRM the number of records per page is set from 50 to 250, every page change (from account to contacts and back) freezes up IE for about 2 minutes. During this, in the task manager iexplore.exe utilizes 100% CPU. in the task manager I see in the columns Page Faults Millions of "faults". Also the PF Delta shows about 30000 hits per second. On other 'data like' sites this problem does not occur. There is a fair chance this is not caused by the CRM data but is a problem w...

Time calculations
Hi, Please help, I need to add and subtract columns of data expressed as H:mm:ss.sss. That is, for example, 1:30:15.07 being 1 hour 30 minutes 15 seconds and 7 hundreths of a second. Can someone please advise how to do this in excel. I am running XP Pro. I want to easily compare and contrast swimmers and runners times for a model I am building. I need the ability to compare different athletes times and determine the difference in their performances using the power of excel instead of my calculator. Cheers Time is stored as fractions of a day, so 1:30:15.07 if formatted to General wou...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

I can't get rid of 1 "Payment to Send' Reminder-M07
On my Home Page in the Reminder section, I have a "1 Payment to Send" listed there. But there is NO payment to send. I"ve opened up back-up copies as far back as May and the reminder is there, but there is no payment that needs sending. Does anybody have an idea how I can get rid of this Reminder? Just removing the Reminder from Home Page doesn't do it. When you put the Reminder back on the Home Page, the "Payment to Send" is still there. Clicking on the link just takes me to Bill Summary page. ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...

getting added to other peoples meetings in shared calendar
I opened shared calendars in my group by choosing their name and then the email messages went out giving them access to my calendar and requesting to view theirs. Ever since, I have been copied in as a "required attendee" on all meetings for everyone. I get the calendar items on my calendar and emails requesting Accept or Decline in my inbox. When others view view thru their outlook, they do not see me as a required attendee? What am I doing wrong? are you adding them as delegates or just giving them permission to view the calendar (by right clicking on the calendar fold...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Create incident on website : localhost ok
Hello everybody, I'am using /service/serviceportal.aspx when i open a new case in http://localhost:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx it creates the "incident" normally but when i open a new case in http://danubecrm:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx -> Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation. Platform System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.W...

Can Work thread get a windows class and manipulate it?
Suppose that I create a work thread when my dialog box started, then in the thread I get the pointer to the dialog mfc class and call updateData method. Does that work? I tried, but failed. Is there any other way to do? thanks!! No, it won't work, don't even waste time trying. It is almost guaranteed to fail. You do not manipulate the windows owned by one thread from a different thread. What you do is PostMessage requests from the worker thread to the main UI thread, usually to the window that contains the controls. The fact that you are using UpdateData already says you are in t...

ip address
help! I cannot open email and click on an IP address in the email to go to the website! It either freezes or does absolutely nothing. ...

Cannot get my CImageList to display images?
Ok i am successfully diplaying images in my tree controls but not my list controls. I am using the following but not image is being displayed??? int nIndex = mListCtrl.InsertItem(LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_TEXT,0,"hello", 0,0,7,0L); Where 7 is a valid index into my image list! Please help? That really doesn't help much. Since you got the tree control working I'm assuming that you are calling the list control's SetImageIist. Also for debugging purposes call GetImageCount on your image list to see how many images it loaded. Let me also point out that you can call this ...

adding date/time picker to inputbox control
Hi all,is there a way to add a date/time picker control to inputbox?...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

Don't get some emails;
Some emails don't come thru. From another computer I can forward messages to my email site but don't receive new messages. Also not getting some emails from various sites. ...

Putting Excel Charts into a Word document that's getting too big
I am creating a Word document (our Annual Report) in which I will have many charts and graphs that were created in Excel. Currently, there will be at least 26 graphs/charts in the document. In the past, there have apparently been problems with not having enough space to save the Word document because it gets too big. The document itself is only about 36 pages, but, as I mentioned, within the 36 pages are at least 26 graphs and charts. I'm looking for a way to copy the graphs/charts into Excel without it taking so much memory. One solution we thought of was to only paste the gra...

email address link
When I click on an email address link in the body of an received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change the settings? If so, where would I look? Thanks in Advance Try this - In your Control Panel: Open Internet Options Go to Programs Tab For Email, choose Outlook as your default. Now click OK. Retry. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on an email address link in the body of an >received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of >my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change >...