International Money 2005 queries

Firstly - Apologies for raising International version queries in this forum.
There does not appear to be a specific Australian NG.

Ran 2005 Trial version O.K for the 60 days then brought Money Standard 'New
for 2005' version a few weeks ago.
Help|About shows it is Vrs 14.0.120.1105

A couple of queries.
1. There appears to be no built-in Help - selecting Help brings up a Help
side panel with "A problem occurred, Please Try again link". Clicking on the
link brings up "Get help with an MSN product" and a list of topics such as
'Billing, MSN Client, MSN Hotmail, etc.' - nothing relevant to MS Money. Is
this normal?
2. The trial version downloaded stock History chart data with no problems.
But the version I have just brought brings up " * Historical pricing data
unavailable" for all stocks. The only charts available are for Stock Indices
such as the Australian All Ordinaries Index. Does something have to be done
to 'activate' on-line historical pricing data?

Once again I apologise for asking these questions in a predominantly US
forum - but there appears to be no local avenue of support here apart from a
paid MS support contract. If anyone can advise on these issues I will be
most grateful.

All the best - JohnS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From John Saxon
www.pcug.org.au/~jsaxon
In fine/dry Springtime Canberra
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0
jsaxon (6)
10/19/2005 9:25:31 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, John Saxon wrote:

>Firstly - Apologies for raising International version queries in this forum.
>There does not appear to be a specific Australian NG.

Your question here is quite appropriate.

>Ran 2005 Trial version O.K for the 60 days then brought Money Standard 'New
>for 2005' version a few weeks ago.
>Help|About shows it is Vrs 14.0.120.1105

In Help->About, what does the description say? Write down the serial
number in case it is can be used to contact Money support.

Normally what you would have done is to try the International Trial
version. Then the Money Standard that you bought in a store in
Australia would have been the upgrade. The version, I think would
have then been

>A couple of queries.
>1. There appears to be no built-in Help - selecting Help brings up a Help
>side panel with "A problem occurred, Please Try again link". Clicking on the
>link brings up "Get help with an MSN product" and a list of topics such as
>'Billing, MSN Client, MSN Hotmail, etc.' - nothing relevant to MS Money. Is
>this normal?

There should be a search box to enter the topic you are interest in.
Those particular topics do not sound right as a starting point.

You might try making a new administrative XP user, and open Money as
that user. Create a new file without a Passport (select Decline).
See if that file seems to work right, and if so, do some updates;
let it run for a long period. Then close Money and return to the
regular user. See if that is working better.

>2. The trial version downloaded stock History chart data with no problems.
>But the version I have just brought brings up " * Historical pricing data
>unavailable" for all stocks. The only charts available are for Stock Indices
>such as the Australian All Ordinaries Index. Does something have to be done
>to 'activate' on-line historical pricing data?
>
>Once again I apologise for asking these questions in a predominantly US
>forum - but there appears to be no local avenue of support here apart from a
>paid MS support contract. If anyone can advise on these issues I will be
>most grateful.

I would consider contacting Microsoft directly if somebody does not
have a good solution for you here.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/19/2005 2:17:26 PM
Hi Cal....
Many thanks for your response to my message.
I did try a re-install first and got into quite a sweat trying to reload my
files before finding the KB article 890393 which worked well. Amazing that
they apparently changed the format with an update.
Anyhow I also eventually got in touch with MS support here down-under who
confirmed that most (all?) of the Money 2005 help is on-line (at least for
the international edition). I think it is a backward step as the links are
to non-Money MS products.
As for the lack of Historical chart data - it seems it comes from
www.moneycentral.msn.com site which I presume is in USA and they don't seem
to support Historical charts for Australian Shares - at least directly. I
have discovered a workaround which is to use the 'Compare With' and ADD
button to the top right of the blank chart. This then brings up the data!
Most peculiar that it cannot be brought up directly - will have to drop MSN
Moneycentral a line and see what gives. But so far have not found a suitable
address.
Anyhow - just wanted to thank you again for your response.
All the best - JohnS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>From John Saxon
www.pcug.org.au/~jsaxon
In fine Springtime Canberra
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> In microsoft.public.money, John Saxon wrote:
>
>>Firstly - Apologies for raising International version queries in this
>>forum.
>>There does not appear to be a specific Australian NG.
>
> Your question here is quite appropriate.
>>
>>Ran 2005 Trial version O.K for the 60 days then brought Money Standard
>>'New
>>for 2005' version a few weeks ago.
>>Help|About shows it is Vrs 14.0.120.1105
>
> In Help->About, what does the description say? Write down the serial
> number in case it is can be used to contact Money support.
>
> Normally what you would have done is to try the International Trial
> version. Then the Money Standard that you bought in a store in
> Australia would have been the upgrade. The version, I think would
> have then been
>

>>A couple of queries.
>>1. There appears to be no built-in Help - selecting Help brings up a Help
>>side panel with "A problem occurred, Please Try again link". Clicking on
>>the
>>link brings up "Get help with an MSN product" and a list of topics such as
>>'Billing, MSN Client, MSN Hotmail, etc.' - nothing relevant to MS Money.
>>Is
>>this normal?
>
> There should be a search box to enter the topic you are interest in.
> Those particular topics do not sound right as a starting point.
>
> You might try making a new administrative XP user, and open Money as
> that user. Create a new file without a Passport (select Decline).
> See if that file seems to work right, and if so, do some updates;
> let it run for a long period. Then close Money and return to the
> regular user. See if that is working better.
>

>>2. The trial version downloaded stock History chart data with no problems.
>>But the version I have just brought brings up " * Historical pricing data
>>unavailable" for all stocks. The only charts available are for Stock
>>Indices
>>such as the Australian All Ordinaries Index. Does something have to be
>>done
>>to 'activate' on-line historical pricing data?
>>
>>Once again I apologise for asking these questions in a predominantly US
>>forum - but there appears to be no local avenue of support here apart from
>>paid MS support contract. If anyone can advise on these issues I will be
>>most grateful.
>
> I would consider contacting Microsoft directly if somebody does not
> have a good solution for you here.

0
jsaxon (6)
10/21/2005 3:42:11 AM
The standard Aus. version is in fact the Deluxe edition-with Works
Suite 2005/2006 copies that is

can not print one check in 2003 money
Odd problem I can not print 1 check in money 2003 for some reason. if i make out a check and put it for PRINT.. it will not show up the blue highlight on the left side of the screen. If i go to the file-print checks the error message i get is " You don't have any checks to print on any accounts" If i make a 2nd check then the blue highlight will show up ... it will print both checks just fine and recognize that there are 2 checks to print. This also works for 3 checks.. 4 checks.. etc it also numbers them correctly in the printing and ledger. Close Money, go to Start, Run an...

Corrupted display page for tax estimator (Money 2003)
When I go to the Tax Estimator page in Money 2003 and hit next, my machine momentarily hangs and then the page that is displayed is corrupted. The text on the personal information page overwrites itself and is unusable. If I go back and then forward (or switch to something else and come back), the display is then fine. Anyone else have this problem? I am using Windows XP Professional and all updates. Jeff Yes. M02 also,. Haven't tested on M04 yet. "Jeff Durham" <root@localhost> wrote in message news:e$S6q7dVDHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... .... > Anyone else hav...

Newbie Internal and External
Hi, Using Exchange 2000 When a user sends an email within our internal network does Exchange 2000 treat it differently to an email which comes from an external source. For example if abc@mycompany.com sends an email to def@mycompany.com would it be treated any differently to an email coming from def@aol.com. Thanks, DD ...

Queries to lookup a value
I have a situation where what I want to do is: Combo Box one [Field 1] shows all the options e.g.: (Fruit, Meat, Breaed) Combo Box two [Field 2] shows all the options that have been limited by [Field One] e.g.: (Apples, Pears, Oranges) Combo Box three [Field 3] shows all the options that remain after filtering by Field1 and Field2 Once I have that I want to have a form field that Looks up [Field4] and puts it in that form field. This is to be able to say give me fruit, apples, fuji, and then put in the unit price field the correct cost. I could really use help on this!!! Thanks Searc...

Interner Explorer
After installing the rollup QFE for 2009 and all QFEs until 2010M02 I have sysgened my os design again. By doing so I have noticed that the kernel size has increased of about 1.5 MByte. It seems that DCOM is a new dependcy to the Internet Explorer. Is this correct? I have checked the QFE descriptions but could not find a corrsponding note. yes.In wince 6.0 R3, DCOM is a new dependency to IE. But COM is removed from the dependency. In Wince 6.0, COM is a dependency for IE. -- vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com http://www.e-consystems.com "kiefsdev"...

Money 2005 release date
When is Money 2005 going to be released? Is there a web page yet that describes any new features or fixes? Some have said "Aug 1st" which is tomorrow, you'd think there would be some advance notice? There have been reports of some Retailers taking pre-release orders, but there has been no word from MS (as usual). -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk...

Money 2005 will not receive Updates on Vista
I just purchased another laptop. This one has Vista Home Premium. I loaded Microsoft Money 2005 on it. Everything works except the Forcast & Budgets. I'm receiving a message that say's "This feature is not available until the upgrade is complete". The download has been showing 1% complete for days. I do have admin rights and internet connectivity. Where can I get this upgrade for Money 2005 from or how can I fix this issue? Thanks -- Mark Hughes I suspect if you do Help > About, you will find that your version is 14.0.*.730. It needs to be 14.0.*.1105....

Issue installing SQL Server 2005 with SSRS 64-bit on Windows Server 2008 SR2
When installing SQL Server 2005 64-bit on Windows Server 2008 SR2, it seems only allow the 32-bit version of SQL Server Reporting Services to be installed. There doesn't seem to be an option to install the 64- bit version. ASP.NET is installed as 64-bit, but a warning comes up saying that ASP.NET 32-bit needs to be installed to install SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 32-bit. I don't want the 32-bit version of SSRS installed. Any ideas on what I need to do to install SSRS 2005 64-bit? Do I need to upgrade to SQL Server 2005 SP3 first before I can install SSRS 2005 64-bit...

Re-install Money Plus Deluxe
Hi, I just put in a new hard disk as my old one was damaged. Wonder if I can re-download the program. The program was bought about 18 months ago and it was downloaded from the Microsoft website. Still have the order # and password and I backed up my files. IF you backed up the download and kept the installation key you should be fine. Otherwise the only way you'd be able to reload is if you'd paid for that privilege as they charge extra for long term download. "Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6310B30-3BE8-4CB5-B239-05FC1155555...

Append Query Include Subdatasheet
I recently created a database that my office uses for tracking projects. The problem that I have been having is trying to create a append query that will allow me to transfer data from the main table and subdatasheet to another table with a similiar subdatasheet. The object of this database is to track the ongoing projects and closed projects within the office. I would like to know if it is possible to create this type of query, if so and ideas or suggestions that will allow me to start this would be appreciated. You'll need to use two separate queries. One to append data from ...

Microsoft Money has stopped working
I have MS Money 2003 Standard. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista Business and when I load Money it seems to work fine with the blank Money file installed as standard. As soon as I try to open one of my files, it tries to update the database to the current version which seems weird as it is the same disc installation I was using on my XP machine. Just after the "update" starts it gives me the "Microsoft Money has stopped working" error and tries to contact Microsoft for a reason. No reason comes back so it restarts Money. Please help as I really need ...

Money 99 to 2001: Transfers Missing
I have been using Money 99. When I launched Money 2001, it offered to convert the database for me, but now the current value of the account listed on the summary page does not agree with the last value in the account details. Tracking down the source of the error, it appears to have dropped a couple of transfer transactions. One of the accounts involved in the transfer transactions was not even converted by Money 2001 (perhaps because it had a zero balance?). Anyone with any ideas? I've found that a similar problem was posted to this newsgroup three years ago and received no response,...

Money 2007 balancing = 100% CPU and not responding
When I balance my money 2007 checking account on Vista get differnece to $0 and hit next my PC goes to 100% CPU and money stops responding. Tried restoring last 4 backups - same Tried fixing the file, both 1 and 2 level - same Tried uninstalling, and reinstalling money - same It is like it cant update the transactions with the "R" I dont know if this was the cause but I was updateing online accounts and at the same time I balanced the account. Is there no offical MS support? Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >When I balance my money 2007 checking account on ...

Easy Money Taking Online Surveys
Hi, I've been playing around online lately, taking surveys in my spare time. They actually pay you to click a few buttons and answer a few questions. I think they said like an average of $5 per survey or something. I've taken several so far from this company and they have all been $5 per survey. Now I have a nice sum of money in my account which I can pull out at any time. It's really easy and it's all legit. Just thought I would let you know about it. I do it mainly for fun but it's always nice to have a little "mad" money! :) To sign up or learn more, click ...

how to open project from MSVS 2005 in MSVC ++ 6.0
Is any program or something which (convert) makes possible open project which was writting in MS Visual Studio 2005 in MS VC++ 6.0 ?? When I try open project in VC++ 6.0 I got error: INK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc80d.lib" because the project was writting in MS visual Studio 2005. There are many warnings too. Is any way to get rid of this problems ? Create a dummy project of the same name in VS6, but in a different subdirectory. Then delete all the .cpp and .h and .rc and the entire contents of the .res directory. Then add the files back in from your current VS...

MS Money 2004 Pocket PC Investment Problem
I have two mutual funds on my home PC when I sync the data from my PC to PDA it shows one mutual fund balance as correct and the other at 0 shares at the correct current price and it has a negative $ amount balance. I cannot figure that out because anything multiplied by zero should be zero. Anyway all other account data is correct except that one mutual fund, which is correct on the Desktop PC. Any help would be appreciated. hlmoxley@hotmail.com ...

Update Query
Hello, For every record in a table I need to update one of four Yes/No check box fields based upon date span. If the "In Date" is in the same month as "Serve D" or "Return D" field place a check in the "DispodWithinSameMonth" yes/no field. If the "In Date" is within 30 days of the "Serve D" or "Return D" field place a check in the "DispodWithin30Days" yes/no field. If the "In Date" is within 60 days of the "Serve D" or "Return D" field place a check in the "Dis...

Paramter Update to query
I have a table called 'temp_table' this table has a column named 'month_year' and I would like to know how can I create a query where I can just update that table with the month and year. So I want to be able to click on the query and it will ask me to put in the month and year and it will automatically update that field in that table. Can this be done and how? On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:15:01 -0800, jac007 <jac007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table called 'temp_table' this table has a column named 'month_year' >and I would like to ...

design query grid match anywhere question
In the design query grid I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! On May 24, 2:04 pm, Nooby <stwil...@writeme.com> wrote: > In the design query grid I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in > the > column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: > InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 > > How ...

WEBSITE ON MAKING MONEY FREE
trebouldazeasymoney.blogspot.com ...

[Money 2006 Trial] Loads but no GUI window visable
System - P4, XP home sp2 w/ all critical updates and patches. It is clean/free from any virus, trojans, and any other malware. I just downloaded the trial of Money 2006 and I would really like to try it out. But when I click the Start Menu shortcut the HD is accessed, the busy cursor is displayed but no Money Window is displayed. I again click the Start Menu shortcut but now get a dialog box that states "Money is already running." Process Explorer shows it has loaded, but as I have said there is no window visible. What must I do to be able to try it? It's late and I ha...

WTD, MTD, and YTD Queries
I'm trying to create a query that can total week-to-date, month-to-date, and year-to-date stats. I think a separate query for each would be easist? Also, prompting for each query would be preferred. An example of each record would be: Business Date 11/01/07 Calls Received 10 Calls Answered 8 Business Date 11/02/07 Calls Received 20 Calls Answered 17 When I use the Between () And () function, it doesn't sum the Calls Received and Calls Answered together (MTD), but sums them for each day. Thanks in advance! Try this --- SELECT [Enter start] AS [Begining Period], [Enter end] AS ...

Query to check a field and select fields from a table
I have 2 tables (tServers and tTimezone) with the following structure: tServers: servername city tTimezone: city time1 time2 My query need to check if [tServers].servername is like "*DOWD*" and return a field "time" populating with [tTimezone].time2. I joined both tables using city. "Rodrigo Borges" <rsborges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D955F76E-0CCD-4B16-8E01-B7768189A119@microsoft.com... >I have 2 tables (tServers and tTimezone) with the following structure: > > tServers: > servername > city > > tTimezone: > city >...

Converting Money 2003 to 2006 file format failure
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5CD89.F3BC8880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to evaluate Money 2006 however the update fails when = converting my Money 2003 file.=20 It fails with the "Money cant open this file because it was created = using a different version of Money" - obviously it WAS a different = version, hence the upgrade!!! Do I have to upgrade to Money 2005 to = advance to 2006??? Not a wise move on M$' part if that is the case!!!!. The fail...

"Operation must use an updateable query" error in IM
Our Client is running GP10 SP1 with all users connecting through Terminal Server to Sql 2005. Receiving error "Operation must use an updateable query" when trying to run an AP Transaction integration that has worked fine until this week. The source files are *txt files and they are not using any Sql scripting in the integration. I get that whenever I have an Access database that has somehow been marked read only or if the user I am logged in as only has read permissions. Since IM uses an Access database internally, I would suggest checking that the user who's logged i...