Internal application error in Money 2002

Hi.

Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the program, a 
window pops up with the message "Internal application error".
I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a restore 
point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only option is 
to close Money.

I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same 
Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money.
Who can help ?
Thank you.

Regards,

Kim Bang-Sorensen



0
8/22/2006 6:57:44 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

6 Replies
338 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:

>
>
>Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the program, a 
>window pops up with the message "Internal application error".
>I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a restore 
>point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only option is 
>to close Money.
>
>I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same 
>Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money.

Is this Works?

Are you running IE6, or IE7?

Are you running WIndows 2000?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/22/2006 1:00:36 PM
No, I'm not running Works. My Money version is a Stand Alone program bought 
on it�s own .

I'm running IE6 and Windows XP.

Does this help ?

Cheers,

Kim

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:8ovle295b7smgao78a832hk1s3k60rs0p6@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the program, a
>>window pops up with the message "Internal application error".
>>I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a restore
>>point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only option 
>>is
>>to close Money.
>>
>>I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same
>>Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money.
>
> Is this Works?
>
> Are you running IE6, or IE7?
>
> Are you running WIndows 2000? 


0
8/23/2006 8:16:53 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:

>No, I'm not running Works. My Money version is a Stand Alone program bought 
>on it�s own .
>
>I'm running IE6 and Windows XP.

Try starting Money by double-clicking the sample.mny file in the
install folder using Windows Explorer. Does that work?



>
>Does this help ?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Kim
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>news:8ovle295b7smgao78a832hk1s3k60rs0p6@4ax.com...
>> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the program, a
>>>window pops up with the message "Internal application error".
>>>I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a restore
>>>point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only option 
>>>is
>>>to close Money.
>>>
>>>I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same
>>>Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money.
>>
>> Is this Works?
>>
>> Are you running IE6, or IE7?
>>
>> Are you running WIndows 2000? 
>
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/23/2006 2:12:17 PM
Yes, the sample.mny does work which tells me that my  own 8 Mb money.mny may 
be the problem.

However, my own money.mny  file's running fine on another PC with the same 
version of Money installed. Furthermore, I've downloaded and installed the 
Trial version of Money 7 and here runs my own money.mny file fine, too.

Hence, I don't think the my own money.mny file is the only culprit.

What do you think ?

Now I'm tended to buy a never version of Money to overcome my current 
problems.

Kim

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:peooe298lnf7lmg31bghudf0ql8lj7ciqa@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>
>>No, I'm not running Works. My Money version is a Stand Alone program 
>>bought
>>on it�s own .
>>
>>I'm running IE6 and Windows XP.
>
> Try starting Money by double-clicking the sample.mny file in the
> install folder using Windows Explorer. Does that work?
>
>
>
>>
>>Does this help ?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Kim
>>
>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>>news:8ovle295b7smgao78a832hk1s3k60rs0p6@4ax.com...
>>> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the program, 
>>>>a
>>>>window pops up with the message "Internal application error".
>>>>I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a restore
>>>>point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only 
>>>>option
>>>>is
>>>>to close Money.
>>>>
>>>>I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same
>>>>Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money.
>>>
>>> Is this Works?
>>>
>>> Are you running IE6, or IE7?
>>>
>>> Are you running WIndows 2000?
>> 


0
8/25/2006 5:48:24 PM
Hi Cal Learner.

I've solved the problem. My Money.mny had become too big (12 Mb) I've now 
slimmed (archived) the file and it's now running on my own PC without the 
"Internal application error".
Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Kim

PS. In the meantime I've bought Money 2006 on Ebay but this version crashes 
when it tryes to convert my "slimmed" Money 2002 file. Hoever, it does'nt 
matter as my Money 2002 now is up and running.




"Kim Bang-Sorensen" <kimbangsorensen@btinternet.com> wrote in message 
news:%23QT6t6GyGHA.4548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Yes, the sample.mny does work which tells me that my  own 8 Mb money.mny 
> may be the problem.
>
> However, my own money.mny  file's running fine on another PC with the same 
> version of Money installed. Furthermore, I've downloaded and installed the 
> Trial version of Money 7 and here runs my own money.mny file fine, too.
>
> Hence, I don't think the my own money.mny file is the only culprit.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Now I'm tended to buy a never version of Money to overcome my current 
> problems.
>
> Kim
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
> news:peooe298lnf7lmg31bghudf0ql8lj7ciqa@4ax.com...
>> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>>
>>>No, I'm not running Works. My Money version is a Stand Alone program 
>>>bought
>>>on it�s own .
>>>
>>>I'm running IE6 and Windows XP.
>>
>> Try starting Money by double-clicking the sample.mny file in the
>> install folder using Windows Explorer. Does that work?
>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>>Does this help ?
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>
>>>Kim
>>>
>>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>>>news:8ovle295b7smgao78a832hk1s3k60rs0p6@4ax.com...
>>>> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the program, 
>>>>>a
>>>>>window pops up with the message "Internal application error".
>>>>>I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a 
>>>>>restore
>>>>>point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only 
>>>>>option
>>>>>is
>>>>>to close Money.
>>>>>
>>>>>I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same
>>>>>Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money.
>>>>
>>>> Is this Works?
>>>>
>>>> Are you running IE6, or IE7?
>>>>
>>>> Are you running WIndows 2000?
>>>
>
> 


0
8/26/2006 12:39:50 PM
Hi Kim,
Don't want to diminish the pleasure you have in solving your problem, but it 
must be something more than size. 12MB is -- in fact, -- not a large  file 
at all. More likely: archiving got rid of something that had corrupted your 
data. In any case, nice to know that things are OK for you.

-- 
Michael Gordon
MVP


"Kim Bang-Sorensen" <kimbangsorensen@btinternet.com> wrote in message 
news:OatYJHiyGHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Cal Learner.
>
> I've solved the problem. My Money.mny had become too big (12 Mb) I've now 
> slimmed (archived) the file and it's now running on my own PC without the 
> "Internal application error".
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Cheers,
> Kim
>
> PS. In the meantime I've bought Money 2006 on Ebay but this version 
> crashes when it tryes to convert my "slimmed" Money 2002 file. Hoever, it 
> does'nt matter as my Money 2002 now is up and running.
>
>
>
>
> "Kim Bang-Sorensen" <kimbangsorensen@btinternet.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23QT6t6GyGHA.4548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Yes, the sample.mny does work which tells me that my  own 8 Mb money.mny 
>> may be the problem.
>>
>> However, my own money.mny  file's running fine on another PC with the 
>> same version of Money installed. Furthermore, I've downloaded and 
>> installed the Trial version of Money 7 and here runs my own money.mny 
>> file fine, too.
>>
>> Hence, I don't think the my own money.mny file is the only culprit.
>>
>> What do you think ?
>>
>> Now I'm tended to buy a never version of Money to overcome my current 
>> problems.
>>
>> Kim
>>
>> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>> news:peooe298lnf7lmg31bghudf0ql8lj7ciqa@4ax.com...
>>> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>>>
>>>>No, I'm not running Works. My Money version is a Stand Alone program 
>>>>bought
>>>>on it�s own .
>>>>
>>>>I'm running IE6 and Windows XP.
>>>
>>> Try starting Money by double-clicking the sample.mny file in the
>>> install folder using Windows Explorer. Does that work?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>Does this help ?
>>>>
>>>>Cheers,
>>>>
>>>>Kim
>>>>
>>>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>>>>news:8ovle295b7smgao78a832hk1s3k60rs0p6@4ax.com...
>>>>> In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the 
>>>>>>program, a
>>>>>>window pops up with the message "Internal application error".
>>>>>>I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a 
>>>>>>restore
>>>>>>point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only 
>>>>>>option
>>>>>>is
>>>>>>to close Money.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same
>>>>>>Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money.
>>>>>
>>>>> Is this Works?
>>>>>
>>>>> Are you running IE6, or IE7?
>>>>>
>>>>> Are you running WIndows 2000?
>>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
gordonm (1013)
8/29/2006 11:58:42 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Business Portal Error-SQL server does not exist or access denied
Hi, We are running business portal 4.0 for one of our customer. It was running correctly, however, they have changed the SQL server port (previously it was set as default 1433). After that the business portal becomes very slow and while creating a new request (purchase requisition) if we open the item pop up; it is showing exception "SQL Server does not exist or access denied...." Can any body tell me how can I provide the new port number to business portal connection to the database. Thanks and Regards, Waliullah, Thanks for using the newsgroups. I have a...

Money Plus not Updating Quotes
For the past couple of days Money Plus has not been automatically updating stock quotes and manual quotes does not work either. I should add that this problem has been intermittent for the past couple of days. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, D.Duck wrote: >For the past couple of days Money Plus has not been automatically updating >stock quotes and manual quotes does not work either. > >I should add that this problem has been intermittent for the past couple of >days. > >Any suggestions? > High server loading. Try again later. In microsoft.publi...

Can't open 2005 data file after reinstalling Money 2005
I am experiencing a recurring problem. I have had to reinstall Windows XP and MS Money 2005. I am now unable to open my previously converted 2005 file or restore any backup version. I consistently get the following error message: "Money cannot locate filename or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write- protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and then Restore your most recent backup file." Any help or thoughts would be greatly ap...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06
Hello, I'me getting this error while installing crm3.0 for SBS: "error writing to file microsoft.mshtml.dll verify that you have access to that directory" That file is in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies directory. I (and 'everyone') has full access to that dir. What can I do about this?? kind regards, Thomas ...

Changing font in Money 2004 register?
Is there any way to change the font(s) used in MS Money 2004's registers? The default font is too small and difficult for me to read. Also, is there any way to change the color scheme to something more pleasing to my eye (like you can do in Quicken...) Thanks. Nope and Nope. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=136. "Debbie R." <debbimsr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:f5ff01c43e15$e2ae3700$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change the font(s) used in MS Money > 2004's registers? The default font is too small and > difficult for me to read....

Error in Outlook Today
Whenever I go to Outlook Today, I get a runtime error, line: 297 Error: Class Not Registered. Then I get the error two more times when I click 'Customize Outlook Today...' and the list 'Show Outlook Today In This Style' is empty, and the box under it has a broken image icon. What could be the cause of this? Sorry...forgot to say...I'm using Outlook 2003 Student and Teacher Edition on Windows XP. >-----Original Message----- >Whenever I go to Outlook Today, I get a runtime error, >line: 297 Error: Class Not Registered. Then I get the >error two more time...

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'
I just heard back from the folks with whom I filed this bug. They say the bug is fixed in cppop 5.4 - request that your ISP upgrade to that. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:... > See the attached reply to another similar question. Your ISP's POP3 server > has a bug, and they should get a fixed version of the server. > > -- > Jeff Stephenson > Outlook Development > This posting...

stop error defeating me
Hi, XP Pro PC. When I start the computer I can start in safe mode but when I try to start in normal mode it loads to the log on screen. I type the username and password in then it starts to load but stops after a few moments with a blue screen. The error is Stop: c000021a (fatal system error) The windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x0055f36c). Begininning dump of physical memory. I have uninstalled AVG, also taken out the graphics card and uninstalled all the drivers for it. I have also changed the RAM. I have also d...

Error in database....
A user posted a batch in payables management. After posting, there was an error encountered. It displays that the table updating was interrupted, use batch recovery to continue the posting. But when I used the batch recovery, it was not successful to continue the update process. When I click the "More Details" button it displays, A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK' caused a sharing error. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks, John John, it is a db sharing violation. Have all users logout DELETE tempdb..DEX_LOCK DELETE tempd..DEX_SESSION DELETE dynami...

Money 2000 Account Balance Changed Inexplicably
Opening Money 2000, which I've used without problem since late 1999, I noticed that my checking account balance was overstated by almost $2000! I went to the register to see if there was a false transaction entered and it appears that this balance change goes back years with no obvious single entry being the culprit. When I run the "balance this account" function, it shows that the closing balance from my last statement, which was correct and rectified, is now also wrong and reflects the higher balance. What do I do now? The only thing that I can think of is to restore...

Creating Text Box in Publisher 2007 Crashes the Application
Hello, we have a clean install of Publisher 2007 under Windows XP SP2, and when we try to create a text box in a document, (both an existing document and a blank document), publisher crashes. Office is fully patched. I ran Office Diagnostics from the help menu and no problems were found and the issue persists. Any thoughts on how to resolve the issue? Thanks, Syd See if selecting a different printer as default helps. How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://of...

error 553
The following error occurs when sending email from my business domain. It does not occur when sending through my roadrunner account. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: on 10/22/2003 2:05 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) What does this mean and how can it be fixed? ...

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2
When trying to add a loan to the debt planner, Money keeps telling me that I am 6 months past due on this particular loan. In reality, I have made consistent entries for each month's payment. This is making it really difficult to use the debt planner! What do I need to do? ...

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98
I am helping a friend who has 98. I need to make a backup of info on my 2002 for him to use on 98. Any suggestions as to how to do this? M98 can't read any file written by M02 besides .QIF import. M02 can't write any file readable by M98 except for .QIF export. Sounds like QIF export/import is your only choice. I suspect you will find this doesn't do what you want. "Carlotte" <Carlotta41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015b01c3d2fa$bbf8fd60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am helping a friend who has 98. I need to make a > backup of info on...

80070005 error #2
I am getting this error when trying to view public folder property from system manager. My issue is same as what you can find out from http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi? ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000114 Anyone has a clue? ...

Problems with Money 2006 standard edition
I am unable to switch the budget from Essential to Advanced, I tried the susgestion in the problem solver as found under KB899628 as per below but this did not help. Can anyone help? When you click Use Advanced Budget in Budget Settings in Microsoft Money 2005 or in Microsoft Money 2006, you are taken back to the Essential Budget page instead of to the Advanced Budget page ...

Exchange 2003, Two Sites, Two Smarthosts, One Domain, No Internal mail!!
Hi, I hope there is someone out there who can point me in the right direction. We have two sites, Brisbane and Sydney, connected by a frame realy connection. Sydney is currently running exchange 2003 (upgraded by migration from exchange 5.5 about a month ago). Brisbane is currently running their mail through sendmail and sendmail only. We have just installed exchange 2003 on server 2003 box in Brisbane and are trying to get the two sites working in two routing groups. The topology will be the same in both Brisbane and Sydney, in that each city will have an external mail server running sendma...

My Money 2003
I am trying to join one of my checking accounts to my bank online. I have a user name and password for my my online banking account. When My Money asks for the password and username, I put them in (I know they work) but I get the reply, your password must be exactly 4 spaces and rejects my password. My online password for my bank is required to be 5. How do I accomplish this task if My Money won't take the password to link to my account on line? In microsoft.public.money, bec wrote: >I am trying to join one of my checking accounts to my >bank online. I have a user nam...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

How do I import contacts, email, etc, from Outlook 2002 to 2003
I just purchased a new PC w/ Outlook 2003 and my old PC has Outlook 2002. I need to know how to move all of my current info (calendar, email, contacts, etc) to my new PC Outlook 2003. First, never import. Second, read the Help Files: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx For best results make sure you check your PST file for errors just before you migrate it and do NOT copy it into Outlook's default folder where you may inadvertently overwrite another PST file and corrupt your profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "RickyG" <RickyG@discussio...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003
I have a situation where I'm using Excel 2000 with a workbook containing references to another workbook. When opening the first workbook & the second workbook is not available, you can say "no" to the update external links, and still see all values as they were when the first workbook was last closed. However, when the same workbook is opened in Excel 2002 or 2003, the external links specified only as a cell reference show the proper data (e.g, =wbkname!E1), but when they are Excel formulae (specifically a SUMIF), I'm getting a #VALUE! error in the pertinent cells Is th...

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

CRM Error
Hello When a user replies to an CRM email, clicks the "reply" button or the "reply all" button, clicks in the body of the email message and clicks "insert template", this error appears. This does not happen every time, and happens to various users. Does anyone know why we would get this error? ...

Outlook 2002 #99
Outlook does not receive mail unless I click out of Inbox and then click back into the inbox. I have a client running Windows XP and Office XP. Her email is not received automatically. She has to click another folder (calendar, outlbox, anything) and then click inbox again. Suddenly all mail appears. F5 does not retrieve mail. If client exits outlook (or when it is first started in the morning), all messages are retrieved. Any ideas? Thanks Kevin ...