Interesting problem in Money 2005 and MSN link

Money 2005 Premium.

I swore I'd never link to MSN on the web but yesterday somehow got
there by trying to set up an MBNA card.

I finally figured it wasn't worth it so I removed everything -
passport and all data.

Here is the interesting thing. Previously, my mny file was 46MB after
a shrink. After removing everything, it shrank to 41MB. I didn't
really care since I had a backup but I decided to explore further. In
putting everything through MSN and then disabling it all, it reversed
the sign on 2 transactions (one in 1998, the other in 2003) but
nothing else was touched. All 22,000 transactions are ok.

For now, I have fixed the sign on those two transactions and am
sticking with the "improved smaller" file. It isn't one whit faster,
just smaller.

What could the sync/de-sync have removed that apparently wasn't
important? For grins I put my backup file through the non-quick
repair, but it still won't go below 46MB. It is as if there was a
corruption that MSN fixed that the repair utility couldn't.

Should I go back to the backup file or stick with the smaller file?
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote:

>Should I go back to the backup file or stick with the smaller file?

I went back. The simple upload changed the description to hundreds and
hundreds of transfers and added dozens and dozens of payees to the
Payee list, many of which are empty and not valid payees at all, just
simple transfer names.

MSN sucks so bad. How could anyone possibly use that? How could
Microsoft write such a shoddy *SYNCHRONIZATION* program that changes
user data?
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
Many of the new payees came from the memo field of
transactions..............

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
> "Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
> <spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote:
>
>>Should I go back to the backup file or stick with the smaller file?
>
> I went back. The simple upload changed the description to hundreds and
> hundreds of transfers and added dozens and dozens of payees to the
> Payee list, many of which are empty and not valid payees at all, just
> simple transfer names.
>
> MSN sucks so bad. How could anyone possibly use that? How could
> Microsoft write such a shoddy *SYNCHRONIZATION* program that changes
> user data?
> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
gordonm (1013)
8/9/2005 7:23:40 PM
"Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote:

>Many of the new payees came from the memo field of
>transactions..............

That is where many came from, and in some actual transactions, it took
what was in the memo field and swapped it with what was in the "payee"
field. Frustrating to no end. Some, like Transfers due to cash
dividends, couldn't be changed back either. That was what finally made
me go back. It is my data and I don't like apps changing it for their
on reasons, just like the asinine food categories foisted upon us by
Money 2005.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
I agree - I didn't give up on 2005, just didn't enable roaming.

--
Michael Gordon
MVP

> "Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote:
>
>>Many of the new payees came from the memo field of
>>transactions..............
>
> That is where many came from, and in some actual transactions, it took
> what was in the memo field and swapped it with what was in the "payee"
> field. Frustrating to no end. Some, like Transfers due to cash
> dividends, couldn't be changed back either. That was what finally made
> me go back. It is my data and I don't like apps changing it for their
> on reasons, just like the asinine food categories foisted upon us by
> Money 2005.
> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
gordonm (1013)

Crazy Sorting Problem.....
Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P useing the common symbol as a referance. I am right now deleting extra info by hand. Please help. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Neal wrote: > Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. > I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in > colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P ...

Linking Combo box to pivot table?
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a count of the calls in the data area. What I would love is that if I could have a combo box on a worksheet which when I select a team from its list it only shows me that teams data in the pivot table. Is this possible please?? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 You could move Team to the page area of the pivot table. Select a team, and the pivot table will only show its data. Adam wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a > c...

Money 2005 Trial Download Gone! Stuck...
I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i can find... Am I forced to upgrade? Or is there a place I can still find this? In microsoft.public.money, Hrrglburf wrote: >I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, >but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to >the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i &...

Problem Syncronizing.
HI, I have problems with a syncronized store that I had to syncronize again from the beginning. Give me alot of TIme out when I use the 401 Worksheet. Since some of the data is in the HQ Database I would like to know if there any operation I can do so then tell to the HQ client that I just want to upload some information?. Thanks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Go to Manager, Help, About. If your version is 1.2.0151 you have a version that won't work with Global Customer turned on. Contact MBS and ask for a Hot Fix to address this issue. Install the Hot Fix on all PC...

WaitForSingleObject Problem
Hi all, I use WaitForSingleObject(hProcess, INFINITE) to wait for execution of the MS ActiveX Control Pad Setup (started out of my application). <code> CreateProcess(NULL, "setuppad.exe", NULL, NULL, FALSE, DETACHED_PROCESS, NULL, NULL, &startupInfo, &processInfo) WaitForSingleObject(processInfo.hProcess, INFINITE) DoSomethingElse </code> At the beginning of installation everything is fine, but after a little bit of time, the CPU usage is 50% and nothing is going on (it's after searching for installed components). When I don't use WaitForSingleOb...

INSERT INTO problems
Hi all, I hope this doesn't appear twice, I did it a while ago and it never came up! So here goes again! I am trying to use INSERT INTO to insert one record in to a table (tna feedback) in two fields (USER ID: and DESK/LAPTOP). The values are generated by two different forms; stUser comes from this form and stMachine comes from another form which has been hidden once the user has chosen the value. This part works fine. However, every time I run it I get an "Incomplete Query clause" error message but can't fidure out what I've done wrong! Here is the code: Dim SQL ...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Count problems[Excel 97]
Hi there, I did a search on the forum to find an answer to my question but didn' find anything. Here is my prob : Lets say I got this page-> ___a___b_____c__d__ 1 Name Type Job bla 2 Name Type Job bla 3 Name Type Job bla 4 Name Type Job bla 5 Name Type Job bob I want a Cell to write how many row I got( 5 in this exemple) and onl count the cells with bla in the D column(4 in this exemple). Sorry if I'm not really clear but if you can help me feel free t answer :) thx, Tulkas -- Tulka -----------------------------------------------------------...

Money 2005 Closes Abruptly
I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an update now, the program closes immediately for no known reason. Any changes I made are still there when I open the program again, but I cannot execute an update now on various accounts. Any ideas or help? Thanks I figured a work around. Selecting one or two updates at a time works, but doing all accounts and investment stuff at the same time causes the program to immediately shut down. "Dig" wrote: > I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an > update now, the pro...

Problems with german characters (umlaute)
Hello colleagues, it happes every months that a mail reaches us with I don't know how coded german characters. Our german customers are calling us, asking what we're missing on our system. I've checked one of these mails and the only thing I found out that the codepage, which was specified in the header, was the same than in the other mails I've in my mailbox and which I can read perfectly. The strange thing in current case is, that the email is displayed correctly when the mail is opened in Outlook Web Access. I need some help how to get hand on these problems. Many...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Money plus Deluxe Where do I find Balance sheet and Profit and Los
I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus Deluxe have them? In microsoft.public.money, bigwahoo wrote: >I have Money Plus Deluxe ver 7.0120.1415 My new accountant asked me to print >out the balance sheet (aka Assets, Liabilities, and Equity) and the Income >statement (Profit and Loss) reports? Where do I find them? Does Money Plus >Deluxe have them? Go to the Reports list, and look around. T...

Microsoft Office Connector to MSN
I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, I cannot install the Microsoft Office Connector to MSN. I have Outlook Express and it's working fine. Do I "NOW" need to go buy Microsoft Outlook? Doesn't it come with XP or Works? Microsoft won't tell me anything without me giving them more money. Donna <holyjuicer219@msn.com> wrote: > I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home > Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have > Microsoft Outlook....

countif problem.
I wrote a formula in a cell that contains the following: =countif(f5:f268,"> char(32)") / countif(e5:e268,"> char(32)") I have verified that any unused cells have blanks spaces in them. Both columns have data in the same rows so the counted value for each column should be the same but it isnt. All cells contain only numbers or letters and the cells format is general. Any suggestions?? Not sure I get it, but try =countif(f5:f268,">"&char(32)) / countif(e5:e268,">"&char(32)) "psion" <oregonsparkie@hotmail.com> w...

Problem with printing listbox bigger than one page
Hi, I created form "Invoice". It contains few list boxes (like: Brand, Product, Price, etc.). Each list box is big enough to display 50 items. It works in this way: user is chosing product from table Products_tbl and clicks on "Add to invoice" button which adds to each list box new item containg apropriate information about chosen product. At the end, user can print the form. Before it was limited, and user could put max. 50 products on one invoice, but I wanted to get rid of this limitation. I did it in this way: after 50th item, with each added product I extend list boxe...

Money 2006 Standard Settings/Preferences
Greetings All. Could anyone tell me where the setting is in Microsoft Money 2006 Standard is to stop it from putting the banks downloaded names in the list of payees? When entering a transaction in the "Pay To" list that drops down, it seems to be showing every downloaded entry name from the bank when I thought that I have my preferences set to use the user names for transactions. This is very annoying as every time lately that I have been downloading transactions and making new entries into the ledger it seems that the payee list gets longer and longer! This is what I am u...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...

Audience rule, problem with Domain Local Group.
I try to create a rule for my audience on Portal 2007 User = Member of --- some Domain Local Group (I need to add people from other trusted forest) But it can't be relolved :-( What's wrong? I checked it on 3 Portals, no luck I cam only create such a rule: Work e-mail Contains @needed_domain.com or add individual accounts from those domains, but there are 1000, too hard to add manually .... Please help. Perhaps there is another way These groups need to be either Global or Universal groups. Universal groups are better for SharePoint, and they can contain global...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

backup problem
Hi I had installed backup for office 2003, I had been backing up to a removable disk. I had removed the disk and kept getting messages that was unable to back up to removable disk, even though I have turned off all automatic backup options. I have since removed back up "feature" but still get the 4 or 5 steps stating unable to find disk etc, any ideas how to get rid of this wonderful microsoft feature. thanks tim If by removed you mean 'uninstalled' then it would appear the uninstall wasnt successfull. In OL ensure backup is not selected within Addins "Tim&...

shortcut/hotkey-problem
Hello NG, I have set a custom hotkey to a shortcut/program on my Windows XP Start Menu (CTRL-ALT-B). However, this programlink was deleted. If I now try to reassign this shortcut, it does not work - it seems that the combination has been still reserved for a non-existing link. Is it possible to unmap the combination to map it then again? Hopefully someone can help me. Thank you, Johannes Perhaps the info in this thread will help. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32795-45-find-delete-hotkey-shortcut-assigned-program johannes pfeffer wrote: > Hello NG, > ...

LDAP problem
I upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and now every time I open Outlook I get a Microsoft LDAP Directory window with Server Name, Port, User Name, and Password. What is this thing and how do I get rid of it? -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.net Remove .spamnot to respond by email --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.789 / Virus Database: 534 - Release Date: 11/7/2004 You can remove the LDAP address book provider via Tools | Email Accounts | View/Change address books. (Might be listed as Active Directory or LD...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...