Interest Charges showing as spent money in budget

When I reconcile my credit card account, I add the monthly
interest as Interest charge: (Category) Bank Charges,
which was the default category when I started.  Anyway,
the credit card interest shows up in my budget as if I
actually spent the money to pay the interest.  I have a
running balance on my credit card and would just like to
have the interest recorded on my credit card activity and
not as if I paid money.

Note:  My credit card is listed in Scheduled Bills and
also the Debt Reduction Planner.

Any help is appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)
7/25/2004 5:30:45 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Violet wrote:

>When I reconcile my credit card account, I add the monthly
>interest as Interest charge: (Category) Bank Charges,
>which was the default category when I started.  Anyway,
>the credit card interest shows up in my budget as if I
>actually spent the money to pay the interest.

Wouldn't this be analogous to having bought a meal with a credit
card? The question would be, did you spend the money at the
restaurant, or did you spend the money when you paid the credit card
bill?

>  I have a
>running balance on my credit card and would just like to
>have the interest recorded on my credit card activity and
>not as if I paid money.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/25/2004 5:46:52 PM
Wow, thank you for your quick response!  I understand your
point and do like that any purchases I may make show up in
my spending categories but I would like interest to show
up as activity only.  Is there a way to do that?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/25/2004 5:59:31 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you want to do, but I do know this:
recognizing that the interest expense is an expense and is money you had but
no longer have is Step #1 to recognizing that you Do Not Need to carry that
balance and pay that money. It's an utterly avoidable expense.

You could just put the interest expense transactions in with no category
assigned. Or you could remove that category from your budget. Don't do it,
unless you like giving that money away.

"Violet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Wow, thank you for your quick response!  I understand your
> point and do like that any purchases I may make show up in
> my spending categories but I would like interest to show
> up as activity only.  Is there a way to do that?

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Earn money
Hi Why not play the UK National Lottery for FREE! - this is the most excellent chance of winning money and Earn a lot too! Here is how it works: 1.. You join - pay �5 a week (+ �5 a year - administration. fee) 1.. you get: 88 chances to win a part (1/49) of 15-20 million � every week and you only need 2 no. to win small amounts. 2.. Your personal website - where you can see it all. 3.. You find 5 people who want to play - and YOU play for free! 4.. They find 5 people who want to play - YOU get 5% of �5 every week. 5.. Downline to 7th. Level. 6.. People don't even need ...

online update fails, money 2004
Running Windows XP w/SP1, Ie 6.0 that claims 128bit cipher strength, and Money 2004 v12.0 When I go to the link provided there are only updates for IE5.5 and older, any ideas? Damon Damon@nospam.nospam.really-nospam.Achey.Net --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem with the security components on your machine. <br><br>This error is often caused by an older version of Microsoft Strong Encryption. You can obtain the latest version of strong encryption from <a HREF=...

ms money error 12007
how does one resolve this issue that prevents browser from accessing site? For those of us who don't know Money error numbers by heart--virtually everybody likely to come here and help--could you give us some more context? <emmx77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2c89bdfd-b040-4c0c-b8e2-5517f45d20ad@n41g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > how does one resolve this issue that prevents browser from accessing > site? http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/466.aspx appears to answer your question. Assuming your situation meets the requirements in that article. <emmx77@gmail.com>...

text not showing when i type in the email body
when i type in the body of the email nothing shows up. i can type in the subject and type in address. i cant copy and paste from a word doc. any suggestions. thx What version of Outlook are you using? I assume you've already tried rebooting? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "yanto" <yanto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DEEB82A-EF41-4692-9470-8713...

Budget Question- Income disappears after i entered it
I set up the Essential budget by entering my income and expense. When I go back to check the budget it shows that I have 0$ income for both Actual & Budgeted. This happend twice within the same month. Any ideas why this would happen? Thanks! ...

[Entourage 2004] Show me the date!
Hi, How can I force Entourage 2004 (SP2) to sort mails by received and at the same time show me the receive date instead of weekday and time? It doesn't work to disable 'Use relative dates in lists (Today, Yesterday)' in General Preferences > General. It still shows me weekday and time instead of the date. -- Regards Madsen Under the "View" menu, set "Preview Pane" to "Below List" or "None". If the Preview Pane is set so that it is "On Right", the message list will always use relative dates. I agree that it is an unfo...

ActiveX control wont show
Hi all, I am trying to use an activeX control on one of my docking windows. I create it with WS_VISIBLE style but when I run the application it isn't visible. I have even tried using ShowWindow but that doesn't work either. But when I add the control on a dialog within my app it works all right. Is it because I create the control on the dialog in the graphics editor and the control on my docking window through the code? Please help. Any suggestions would be much appriciated. Thanks ...

how do I show filter information on a pivot chart in excel2007?
In the previous version of Excel that I used you had the option to show Pivot Chart buttons which detailled how the chart had been filter. I can't find a replacement for this in 2007 so if someone prints the chart it isn't comprehensive in that you can't tell how it's been filtered. I create a lot of these for less experienced users and this info can be critical since descisions are made based on these charts. Can anyone help please? -- ATB Russ Hi, See the reply to my question about the same issue (added 16/9). That works. You just need to modify the macro for every s...

Money 99 -> Money 2004 File conversion
I have Money 1999 (Ver 7), with data dating back to 1995. I have downloaded same region Money 2004 (M12GBWEB.exe). The file conversion does not complete properly, ending in a core dump. The same problem exists with Money 2003 (M11GBWEB.exe). If I archive records from my Money 1999 file removing - say - all records prior to 2000, I can load the resulting data. However, I would like to keep all the data back to 1995 not just that since 2000. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Kind regards, David Goddard See reponse in UK group. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mon...

Uninitialized help...Money 2004
None of the help links at the right of the money will work. I just says something about a bad link. I have WinXP SP1 with all the latest updates. I upgraded from Money 2001. Any sugesstions? I tried uninstalling and re-installing already. Thanks! Try deleting internet temporary file from Internet Options control panel. "Michael A. Dice" <mikedice@mail.com> wrote in message news:0d2f01c3512d$937a9b90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > None of the help links at the right of the money will > work. I just says something about a bad link. > > I have WinXP SP1 with all the...

Deleted scheduled transfers still showing on bill calendar
I have Money 06 and use to have a scheduled transfer in the bills section. Recently, I deleted the scheduled transfer from the bill page. However, the future transactions will not delete from the bills calendar. Does anyone know how to delete these future transactions from the calendar. If it makes a difference, the account that is being transferred to was originally set up as an online account and was recently changed to an offline account. Thank you ...

How do make a cell show a check mark on 'click'
Hello, I am trying to have a column whose cells toggle a check or a 'tick' sign when clicked on. How can I do this? I can't find any info on the excel books I have Thanks in advance for your help! Michelle Excel doesn't really have a way to catch a single click on a cell. How about a right click (or even double click)? Here's a routine that checks to see if you rightclicked in column A. If you did it checks to see what's in that cell. If it's empty, it adds a formula (=char(252)) and formats the cell with a Wingdings font. If the cell has something in i...

Sticking with Money 2002
I'm reasonably content with Money 2002 and everything I'm reading in this newsgroup convinces me to return this new Money 2006 box without ever having removed the plastic wrap. I don't see anyone here citing Quicken as a better alternative either. I pay bills via CheckFree and use MBNA credit cards which provides downloads of monthly statements in Money 99 format (I forget which file type that is). The most labor intensive thing for me is reconciliation of my accounts--especially my bank accounts, but I can live with that. Is there some additional automation in this area wi...

Autofilter not showing all data
Hi, I am using Excel XP (2002) and have a created a very simple Spreadsheet over time. The first column shows the names of songs and the second shows the artists name. There are about 15000 rows would you believe and I am having a problem using the autofilter on the artists column, where as it doesn't show all the artists names, if I add any new artists to the list they now don't appear inthe autofilter list.... What can I do? Andy Read this Andy http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl...

how to multiply time by money
Cell b2 is subtracting from b1 to give me a calculation on the amount of time for that day in b3. But when I try to get cell b4 (which is a dollar amount) to multiply by b3 (time amount) the answer is wrong. Example, 1:00 (hour) * $10.00. Exel keeps telling me the answer is $0.42, insted of $10.00. Help! Excel gives you right answer. This is because one hour is displayed as 1:00 but real value of this cell is 0,0416666666666667,try to format number like general in this cell to see this. Excel represent time like portions of day (12 hours is 0,5 of day and so on...). In you example...

MS Money 2004 "Manage Scheduled bills and deposits"
In MS Money 2004, the "Manage Scheduled bills and deposits" screen only shows re-occuring transactions ONCE. Manage Scheduled Bills and Deposts displays approximatly one and a half months into the future, or 7 weeks into the future. A deposit or bill that reoccurs weekly should appear on this list 7 times. Alas, such items only appear once. I'm glad you didn't state any question because all of the facts you asserted except for "A deposit or bill that reoccurs weekly should appear on this list 7 times." are true as you state them. See http://www.bollar.org...

How to stay in biosloader splash screen until wince os screen show
Hi? I'm using atom bsp and iegd driver at x86 board. Using a biosloader, the logo image is cleared and black screen shows up during over 10 seconds. I'd like to make the logo image remain until wince os screen shows. How can i do it? I already tried it by modifing config.bib to set framebuffer reservation. Then the logo image didn't disappeared but the os screen didn't show up. Modding the config.bib is not the right way to solve this issue. In most cases it is the display driver that wipes the video memory (or at least the primary surface) as part of its initi...

Money 2007: Transaction not downloaded? ?
I recently upgraded to Money 2007. I have set up my online accounts to Bank of America and ING Direct. When I update the account, the summary indicates success, and the Bank Balance gets updated correctly. However, the transaction are not downloaded to the accounts, and hence the Adjusted Balance remains unchanged. Any idea as to what is happening? ...

Problem Downloading from my bank to Money 2006
Money has suddenly stopped showing my electronic (downloaded) transactions from my Washington Mutual bank accounts. All my other accounts are fine, and this does not appear to be a problem with Money 2005 (I would revert if I could) nor was it a problem last week with Money 2006. My bank's tech support is beyond un-helpful. Any ideas? ...

Some accounts don't show up on the Get online statement list
I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and check "get online statements". But when I go to connect these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to the list? In microsoft.public.money, Steven Friedman wrote: >I've set up some new accounts with my financial broker and >check "get online statements". But when I go to connect >these accounts do not show up in the "Get Statement" List >for that institution. What do I need to do to add these to &g...

Setting up Simple Budget in money 2003 = Impossible!
Here's my criteria...up until this point I've been doing this by hand in a basic ledger book, and the only part that really sucks is the Deposit Entry. I was hoping MONEY 2003 would be the solution to all my problems by AUTOMATING this process, but alas.... I must be a financial retard because I just can't get this thing to work the way I'd like it to. My Scenario is quite simple...all I want money to do is track a simple budget for me. Example: I have four monthly bills: Telephone Cable Mortgage Electricity ON average, my MONTHLY expenses for these categories are: Telephon...

Showing Attachment Icons on Printed E-mail Messages
When I attach documents to an Outlook 2000 e-mail message icons of the attachments are showing on the bottom of the message. But when I print the message the attachments icons do not show. How do I get those Icons to show on printed e-mail messages ? Where is the Box I have to Check ON for that to happen ? Either print in Plain Text or use an add-in for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outl...

Repost:Money 2003 stops numbering loan payments
Money 2003. All of a sudden, money has stopped posting a "payment number" under the "pmt num" column on both my Mortgage and Car Loans. Both are paid via transfer from my checking account through electronic bill paying. On some of them Money will let me add the number later manually but on others it says "You cannot change this transaction into an electronic payment or transfer because the date is not within an acceptable range and cannot be changed." All transfers and payments went through properly with no problems and were recorded properly except for the miss...

Upgrading Money for PocketPC
I finally, after almost a year of buying it, upgrade my Money 2003 to 2005. But my Pocket PC, that was synching without a problem to 2003 it's not synching anymore. I upgraded the Pocket PC to 2005, but it's not recognizing it. What can I do? TIA ...