Installation, "Wrong OS or OS version for application

Trying to install Money 2004, insert the CD and I get the
disclaimer stating it may need additional componants and
also stating anti-virus software may get in the way.

I click OK and the error that comes up next
is, "Installation of windows installer was not
successful.  Please install it manually by running
instmsiu.exe from your Money CD.  Then retry Money 2004
Setup.exe.

I click on instmsiu.exe and the error message that comes
up promptly reads as, "Wrong OS or OS version for
application."

I am, indeed, using Windows XP home edition--the rest of
the minimum req's are met/exceeded as well.

Help!
0
anonymous (74722)
8/18/2004 6:59:33 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Open a command prompt window and run this command:

reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion" /v CurrentVersion

What do you get?  Should be 5.1, right?  I think most
installers grab that value, but I could be wrong.

0
rab47 (2)
8/18/2004 7:26:37 AM
yes it did say 5.1
What does that tell me and what do I now.

>Open a command prompt window and run this command:
>
>reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
>NT\CurrentVersion" /v CurrentVersion
>
>What do you get?  Should be 5.1, right?  I think most
>installers grab that value, but I could be wrong.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/18/2004 7:28:23 PM
You may need to reinstall the windows installer manually. Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q315346 first, and
see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work, go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
and scroll down to item 94 (Windows Installer Fix) and try that registry
fix.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

> Trying to install Money 2004, insert the CD and I get the
> disclaimer stating it may need additional componants and
> also stating anti-virus software may get in the way.
>
> I click OK and the error that comes up next
> is, "Installation of windows installer was not
> successful.  Please install it manually by running
> instmsiu.exe from your Money CD.  Then retry Money 2004
> Setup.exe.
>
> I click on instmsiu.exe and the error message that comes
> up promptly reads as, "Wrong OS or OS version for
> application."
>
> I am, indeed, using Windows XP home edition--the rest of
> the minimum req's are met/exceeded as well.
>
> Help!

0
glyn1 (1534)

Incoming Messages have wrong time #2
I'm at my wits' end with this. Can someone help? When the clock on my task bar is correct, my incoming email messages arrive with a time stamp of one hour earlier (causing me to think it's been sitting there for an hour if I didn't happen to see it come in) Outgoing messages leave with the correct time stamp. If I go in and click "adjust for daylight savings," the incoming messages have the correct time stamp but ALL of my appointments (past, present, and future) in my calendar are moved forward an hour! I'm serious. A 2:15pm appt suddenly shows as 3:15p...

Application Error 0xc0150002 failed to initialize properly
Hi, My program were working ok. However, now I am trying to open Money 2007 and I am getting this error: msmoney.exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application. Should I reinstall the application? Do I need to remove first the one exiting on Control Panel? Please advise, GOSPEL ...

Office 2003 rollout
I am trying to roll out Office 2003 using an MST file - deployed from System Center Essentials. The installation is successful on the workstation, and SCE reports the installation as successful. However upon reboot the workstation says that it needs the Office install again. I pretty much accepted the defaults in creating the MST file using the Resource Kit's Custom Installation Wizard. I did make a few changes to the product features, but that's about it. Initially I did have the MST configured to remove any prior versions of Office but suspected that this could...

Clean Install Documentation
Hey, i was wondering if anyone has seen online or posted their steps of SBS 2008 clean install steps that they prefer to get a system running perfect before bringing on clients...i've done clean installs on clients a ton and have little steps i take that make it better from the start, but am undertaking an SBS 2008 install and wanted to make sure i had everything going great from the start - specifically those little steps that are sometimes undocumented, like back in the day with SBS 2003 / Exchange you needed to do the registery fix to allow your mail to go to 75 gig...or the one...

Outlook 2003 New Install Config Issues.
Hi, I've just had my PC reimaged and Outlook 2003 reinstalled. My PST file has been imported and my mail is where it sholud me. Problems is the veiws had changed from what i had before. For example, all folders now have gridlines between emails. I know how to remove these in customise view but is it possible to change the veiw for all folders at once or do i need to do each folder individually? Cheers, D "moox7" <moox7@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:28b14a58-eee6-46c2-ad29-909e710ed2dd@r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com... > For example, all folders now have gridli...

i am using trial version of outlook but it wont allow me to reply
i am using atrial version of outlook but when i try to reply to the email it wont let me, the reply word is not lit in the tool bar? Has your trial expired? Did you activate it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, terry mansfield asked: | i am using atrial version of outlook but when i try to reply to the | email it wont let me, the reply word is not lit in the tool bar? terry mans...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

Install tips
Hi, I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. Any tips or advice? Thanks, G RTFM "gavin" <nospam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCEE8197.7FC%nospam@discussions.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. > > Any tips or advice? > > Thanks, > > G > Simple tip read the implementation guide and follow what it says. If this is your first install you may want to set up a test domain using virtualpc and do a test install on that setup before deploying on ...

Excel creating 'backup' version of my sheet...
Hi, a user noticed that one of his sheets is creating backup-copies by itself... - He deletes the backup version - opens the original sheet - change something - saves the original sheet - closes the original sheet tadaaaaa.... now a new file with 'name backup.xls' is created... He told me that he noticed this behaviour when he was 'protecting' his sheet by a password. Now we moved to Office2007 and he wants to get rid of this behaviour. Any suggestions? (btw, no add-ins are installed!) FOUND, Seems there is an extra checkbox, hidden in the tools options in 'Save...

open a published PDF file with a non PDF assigned application
Hi, I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with an application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific application for PDF files? Thanks Talyas On May 27, 3:48=A0am, Talyas <Tal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with = an > application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. > > Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific > app...

Installer
Help! I'm running Vista Home Premium and theres a glitch of somekind, whenever I try to download a programme and try and run it my installer seems to pop up in the way and says opening installer and then times out with an error...whats happening ? And what might the COMPLETE error say ,if you do not mind me asking -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "cooperman" <ralph_cooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5Za$Ip$KHA....

Best way to install upgrade?
Hi: I currently have Money 2002 Standard OEM edition running on Windows XP. I have purchased Money 2004 Deluxe. What is best w3ay to install the new version, to avoid problems? Should I un-install 2002 version first? TIA Josh In microsoft.public.money, Josh Heller wrote: > >I currently have Money 2002 Standard OEM edition running on Windows XP. I >have purchased Money 2004 Deluxe. What is best w3ay to install the new >version, to avoid problems? Should I un-install 2002 version first? If you install Money 2004 into a different folder, you could have both version on the same ...

office service pack
Hi, I have installed Office X on my G4. Now I want to upgrade the installation as I want to hook up Entourage to Exchange. However, when I install the service packs (in order, coming up to v 10.1.5, I am asked to enter my serial # again. I do this but get a message that the serial # is not valid - what's going on, anyone have any ideas? Christoph In article <vttvq09t4upp63@corp.supernews.com>, "Christoph Lutz" <Christoph.Lutz@mycompany.com> wrote: > I have installed Office X on my G4. Now I want to upgrade the installation > as I want to hook up Entoura...

Change Domain in version 1.2
Are there established steps for changing/moving a CRM 1.2 system from one domain to another? All of the users will have new domain accounts, but otherwise their usernames will remain the same. Yes, use the Redeployment Tool that you can download from the support site. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Lidia" <lidia@op.pl> wrote in message news:4A7738A4-04D3-48CF-802B-C9A08B0745E1@microsoft.com... Are there established steps for changing/moving a CRM 1.2 system from one domain to another? All of the users will have new domain accounts, but otherwise their usernames ...

Valid patch installer, cannot start or remove outlook
Outlook 2003 Windows xp Home When I try to run Outlook it tells me there is a problem and i need to restart or reinstall. When I try to remove OUtlook via the Control panel i get an error that i need to contact my vendor to see if this is a valid windows installer package. If I try to run setup from the cd I get the same error. I ran OFFCLN.exe on the cd to try and remove outlook. I get the same error. The same thing is also happening to my installation of Frontpage 2003. What else can i do? Or should I just brew a pot of coffe and reformat the HDD? I appreciate any help ...

Installing media content
I bought the Office XP professional, Publisher 2002 and Media content CD's I have installed Office XP and Publisher 2002 but I'm not able to install Media content. I have tried to open the CD in windows explorer but i could not find a way to install it. Any suggestions? You install it from the setup disk, expand the menus, somewhere it should have clipart, tick run all from my computer. HOW TO: Chain a Media Content CD Installation to a Core Office XP Installation http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307842&Product=offxp -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://offic...

Money 2006 re-install password problem
Had a bug and had re-initialize my laptop. Copied the mymoney file to a CD and re-installed Money 2006. However now when I try and open my old money file the program does not accept my password. I am 99.9% sure of the password. It's an easy one to remember and I have used it at least once a week for the last couple years to acess money. The password was a local password - not a windows live password. Thinking that maybe the file was damaged I tried some old copies of my money file and still had the same probelm. When I re-intsalled Money 2006 it made me enter my windo...

Differenc Money 2004 UK and US version?
Upgrading from an Money UK version to Money 2004 US i have file-incomatibility problems! Anybody knows differences of US and UK versions? Thakns in advance Peter In microsoft.public.money, Peter Winter wrote: >Upgrading from an Money UK version to Money 2004 US i have >file-incomatibility problems! > >Anybody knows differences of US and UK versions? UK version has UK financial institutions, tax things, and other things. UK version can upgrade prior UK versions, and US version can upgrade US versions. Note there is the microsoft.public.uk.money group. A really neat way to fi...

Merge Versions and Companies on Different Servers
I am attempting to merge two different servers with two different versions of Great Plains (9 & 10). I created a test server with GP 10.0 on it and added a company. I then backed up the V9 db and restored it to the V10 db. I ran the utilities expecting the conversion to run. Is there anyway to trigger a conversion with the DU00020 table? Thanks in advance. Steve The upgrade will not work for one reason. Dynamics has "no knowledge" of this new company database that you restored. If you are attempting to upgrade and merge two environments, here is what I would do: ...

extra items on install Office 2008

Install XP over W2003
I have an old system running W2003 and decommissioned it. However, XP refuses to install over it without booting it it seems. Unfortunately the CD is not booting and the floppy drive is also not working properly. Any way to force XP to install by running the installer from within 2003? The computer by itself is running ok and everything is available networked, so I don't/didn't really bother about floppy's (old fashioned anyway now) and CD-ROM's booting. Any advice? Guus Ellenkamp wrote: > I have an old system running W2003 and decommissioned it. Howev...

Office applications should allow me to remove recent files
When I click the office button in Microsoft Word, the recently opened files are shown. I would like to be able to remove documents from the list, for example by right-clicking on a file name and selecting "remove from this list," as is done for recently run programs in Windows Explorer. There are other people looking for this functionality, as shown by the many workarounds (e.g. editing the registry as documented at http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-powerpoint/ This applies to other Office ...

Installing paid upgrade version of Microsoft Office 2007 on Vista PC with original Office XP
Hi, I had purchased a full version of Microsoft XP Professional a few years ago. The previous laptop on which this was installed was irrecoverably broken. I have a new laptop which came pre-installed with Vista. I had been using the 60 day trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 which recently expired. I have bought the CD version of an Upgrade for Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Microsoft Office 2007 - Home and Student Edition as I have Office XP CDs. Having reviewed the threads on the forum and other information on the internet, I understand that the sequence of uninstalling and inst...

Business Portal Install
We are currently running SharePoint and Great Plains on our network. My boss has given me the task of setting up Business Portal but I have a few questions first. There are currently 2 servers: GPSERVER (Great Plains) WEBSERVER (Sharepoint) Ideally I would like to install Business Portal on a third server (atleast for test purposes). Do I have to install SQL on this 'test' server, or can I connect it in with the SQL on 'WEBSERVER'. I assume I have to install SharePoint on the 'test' server also? Also, some prior newsgroup posts say that BusinessPortal can only b...

Idiots amd Noddys guide to Visual Basic for applications #2
Thanks Pal, Anyone, no any other good self starting web sites for Visual Basic Applications. Real noddy style at 1st, slowly building up. Thanks in advance, G -- grphillips ------------------------------------------------------------------------ grphillips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15951 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275739 ...