Incorrect total for investing accounts

I imported a Money 2004 file into Money 2006.  Since then, when I click on
the investing tab, my portfolio total is greater than the sum of the account,
however, the portfolio is dead on when I click on the portfolio manager.  I
confirmed the list of accounts is the same in both views.  Does anyone else
have this problem and is there a fix?
0
E9 (4)
3/4/2006 5:08:26 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

e9-I changed from money 2003 to 2006 and encountered the same problem.  The
total that appears under portfolio manager is correct, the total reflected
under investments screen when the portfolio is displayed si incorrect...all
account totals are the same.  Sounds like a glitch...

--
dick

"E9" wrote:

> I imported a Money 2004 file into Money 2006.  Since then, when I click on
> the investing tab, my portfolio total is greater than the sum of the account,
> however, the portfolio is dead on when I click on the portfolio manager.  I
> confirmed the list of accounts is the same in both views.  Does anyone else
> have this problem and is there a fix?
0
rlabelle (1)
3/5/2006 10:51:14 PM
In microsoft.public.money, rlabelle wrote:

>e9-I changed from money 2003 to 2006 and encountered the same problem.  The
>total that appears under portfolio manager is correct, the total reflected
>under investments screen when the portfolio is displayed si incorrect...all
>account totals are the same.

Set your Portfolio to de-select
ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/6/2006 1:35:47 AM
Cal,

My watch accounts were not selected.  I tried to select and then de-select
this option to see if anything would change and didn't.

Rlabelle-How much is your investing screen off by?  Mine is off by $2559.76
(the investing screen is higher by this amount).

E9

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, rlabelle wrote:
>
> >e9-I changed from money 2003 to 2006 and encountered the same problem.  The
> >total that appears under portfolio manager is correct, the total reflected
> >under investments screen when the portfolio is displayed si incorrect...all
> >account totals are the same.
>
> Set your Portfolio to de-select
> ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts

0
E9 (4)
3/6/2006 1:51:13 AM
I just encountered this problem yesterday.  My actual account balance is $0,
everything looks correct everywhere, the total in the portfolio manager is
$4500.  I have Show Watch Accounts unticked.  Any help greatly appreciated.

"E9" wrote:

> Cal,
>
> My watch accounts were not selected.  I tried to select and then de-select
> this option to see if anything would change and didn't.
>

> Rlabelle-How much is your investing screen off by?  Mine is off by $2559.76
> (the investing screen is higher by this amount).
>
> E9
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, rlabelle wrote:
> >
> > >e9-I changed from money 2003 to 2006 and encountered the same problem.  The
> > >total that appears under portfolio manager is correct, the total reflected
> > >under investments screen when the portfolio is displayed si incorrect...all
> > >account totals are the same.
> >
> > Set your Portfolio to de-select
> > ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts

0
Joelbr (4)
3/23/2006 3:41:41 PM
I have this problem as well and my portfolio has a balance.  No stocks in
watch list, watch list not selected in portfolio, file repaired (quick and
std).  I see another report of this on 2/2/2006 "Incorrect total for
investing accounts".  Obviously there is a real problem here.

"Joelbr" wrote:

> I just encountered this problem yesterday.  My actual account balance is $0,
> everything looks correct everywhere, the total in the portfolio manager is
> $4500.  I have Show Watch Accounts unticked.  Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> "E9" wrote:
>
> > Cal,
> >
> > My watch accounts were not selected.  I tried to select and then de-select
> > this option to see if anything would change and didn't.
> >

> > Rlabelle-How much is your investing screen off by?  Mine is off by $2559.76
> > (the investing screen is higher by this amount).
> >
> > E9

> > > Set your Portfolio to de-select
> > > ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts

0
Rury (1)
4/4/2006 3:54:01 PM
I've managed to get this issue to the Development team at Microsoft and they
are looking at it.  The initial bug tests were benign and so they are
researching further.  I'll plan to update this Group as soon as I hear
something.  On a related note, I just reveived a dividend in that account for
$.73 and it "corrected" the problem.  Obviously something is strange about my
account going to $0.

"Kraig Rury" wrote:

> I have this problem as well and my portfolio has a balance.  No stocks in
> watch list, watch list not selected in portfolio, file repaired (quick and
> std).  I see another report of this on 2/2/2006 "Incorrect total for
> investing accounts".  Obviously there is a real problem here.
>
> "Joelbr" wrote:
>
> > I just encountered this problem yesterday.  My actual account balance is $0,
> > everything looks correct everywhere, the total in the portfolio manager is
> > $4500.  I have Show Watch Accounts unticked.  Any help greatly appreciated.
> >
> > "E9" wrote:
> >
> > > Cal,
> > >
> > > My watch accounts were not selected.  I tried to select and then de-select
> > > this option to see if anything would change and didn't.
> > >

> > > Rlabelle-How much is your investing screen off by?  Mine is off by $2559.76
> > > (the investing screen is higher by this amount).
> > >
> > > E9

0
Joelbr (4)
4/4/2006 4:08:02 PM
Hi All,

    I just noticed this as well. Using Money 2005 Deluxe. When I view the
Investing Accounts view, the totals accross the bottom do not reflect the
total if I add up the values displayed in the colums above. I discovered I
had investment accounts that I had closed because I had sold all the
investments in the account. I had not reconciled the accounts prior to
closing them so they did not appear in the Investing Accounts as
sinvestments, but they were still being calculated in the total in this
view. Is Money supposed to add amounts in closed accounts to the totals in
the Investing Accounts view?

Thank You,
Greg

"Joelbr" <Joelbr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've managed to get this issue to the Development team at Microsoft and
> they
> are looking at it.  The initial bug tests were benign and so they are
> researching further.  I'll plan to update this Group as soon as I hear
> something.  On a related note, I just reveived a dividend in that account
> for
> $.73 and it "corrected" the problem.  Obviously something is strange about
> my
> account going to $0.
>
> "Kraig Rury" wrote:
>
>> I have this problem as well and my portfolio has a balance.  No stocks in
>> watch list, watch list not selected in portfolio, file repaired (quick
>> and
>> std).  I see another report of this on 2/2/2006 "Incorrect total for
>> investing accounts".  Obviously there is a real problem here.
>>
>> "Joelbr" wrote:
>>
>> > I just encountered this problem yesterday.  My actual account balance
>> > is $0,
>> > everything looks correct everywhere, the total in the portfolio manager
>> > is
>> > $4500.  I have Show Watch Accounts unticked.  Any help greatly
>> > appreciated.

0
GregSalts (43)
4/6/2006 7:28:05 PM
Same issue in Money 2006, total is off by $1,000,000 for me.  But when you
click view my portfolio, all is well. I am an upgrade from 2003.

"Greg Salts" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I just noticed this as well. Using Money 2005 Deluxe. When I view the
> Investing Accounts view, the totals accross the bottom do not reflect the
> total if I add up the values displayed in the colums above. I discovered I
> had investment accounts that I had closed because I had sold all the
> investments in the account. I had not reconciled the accounts prior to
> closing them so they did not appear in the Investing Accounts as
> sinvestments, but they were still being calculated in the total in this
> view. Is Money supposed to add amounts in closed accounts to the totals in
> the Investing Accounts view?
>
> Thank You,
> Greg
>

> "Joelbr" <Joelbr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've managed to get this issue to the Development team at Microsoft and
> > they
> > are looking at it.  The initial bug tests were benign and so they are
> > researching further.  I'll plan to update this Group as soon as I hear
> > something.  On a related note, I just reveived a dividend in that account
> > for
> > $.73 and it "corrected" the problem.  Obviously something is strange about
> > my
> > account going to $0.
> >
> > "Kraig Rury" wrote:
> >
> >> I have this problem as well and my portfolio has a balance.  No stocks in
> >> watch list, watch list not selected in portfolio, file repaired (quick
> >> and
> >> std).  I see another report of this on 2/2/2006 "Incorrect total for
> >> investing accounts".  Obviously there is a real problem here.

0
Hobo (1)
4/23/2006 2:16:01 PM
I've spoken with the test team at Microsoft and they identified it as a bug
with the logic in Portfolio Manager.  They didn't say if there would be a fix
in the new version.  The only fix for now is to maintain a balace > 0 in your
Account Register, this will keep it in sync with Portfolio Manager.

"Hobo" wrote:

> Same issue in Money 2006, total is off by $1,000,000 for me.  But when you
> click view my portfolio, all is well. I am an upgrade from 2003.
>
> "Greg Salts" wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> >     I just noticed this as well. Using Money 2005 Deluxe. When I view the
> > Investing Accounts view, the totals accross the bottom do not reflect the
> > total if I add up the values displayed in the colums above. I discovered I
> > had investment accounts that I had closed because I had sold all the
> > investments in the account. I had not reconciled the accounts prior to
> > closing them so they did not appear in the Investing Accounts as
> > sinvestments, but they were still being calculated in the total in this
> > view. Is Money supposed to add amounts in closed accounts to the totals in
> > the Investing Accounts view?
> >
> > Thank You,
> > Greg
> >

> > "Joelbr" <Joelbr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I've managed to get this issue to the Development team at Microsoft and
> > > they
> > > are looking at it.  The initial bug tests were benign and so they are
> > > researching further.  I'll plan to update this Group as soon as I hear
> > > something.  On a related note, I just reveived a dividend in that account
> > > for
> > > $.73 and it "corrected" the problem.  Obviously something is strange about
> > > my
> > > account going to $0.

0
Joelbr (4)

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

Warning that the cash account doesn't reconcile to the bank rec
In Great Plains you can use Bank Rec to reconcile to your bank statement but the module does not let you know that your Cash account does not always match the reconciled amount at the end of the month like it should. There should be some warning message when you push the reconcile button that states the gl Cash account is not balanced to Bank Rec. I've had clients go months without checking the actual account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agre...

Growing Total using Autofilter in Excel?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet i am working on in Excel 2002. I have a ton of data which i am sorting to date using AutoFilter, which is working fine. when the data is not filtered i have a rolling total which adds up the whole thing like this. a b 1 100 100 2 100 200 3 150 350 but when i use the filter i see the larger totals in the list (which i understand) What i want is the same thing in a new column, but for only the current data from the view. example a b ~ 7 150 150 8 100 250 9 200 450 I have tried using sum and subtotal but it doesnt allow + example: =sum(b7+a8) and =subtotal(9,b7+a8...

RMS should allow deposits to be paid with store accounts.
Currently customers with an account cannot pay for their backorder deposts with their store account. It would be great if that were reversed. Thanks, Mathew Rocha ca | micro (530) 222-2600 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Setting contact to different email account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C9C572.AEA25E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 email accounts and I want to set one of my contacts to one of = the other accounts - not the default account that Outlook is set to. Is = there a way to do this in Outlook 2007? I sometimes forget to change to = the account when writing an email and it doesn't reach the recipient = because they have their email setup to only receive email from people in = their address book. Thanks, Wyman...

Extract Account Balances from GP
Can someone direct me to the tables the I need to use to extract account balances? -- JW For current years, I would use GL10110 and GL10111 for historical years. Don Johnson "JW" wrote: > Can someone direct me to the tables the I need to use to extract account > balances? > -- > JW Just to clarify - these tables don't hold account balances, just debit, credit and net change per period. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Don Johnson" <DonJohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32BF1699-7D5C-4637-A02E-851D391CB317@microsoft.com... ...

Moving email accounts to new computer
Is there a way to transfer settings for all email accounts from one computer to another in Outlook 2003? I bought a new computer, and it would take a long time to redo each account by hand since I have so many. In article <043701c3bf74$a43e8c60$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Is there a way to transfer settings for all email |accounts from one computer to another in Outlook 2003? | |I bought a new computer, and it would take a long time to |redo each account by hand since I have so many. | try Start-All programs-Microsoft Office Tools-Save My Settin...

Bulk reassignment of account owner in CRM
Unfortunately, we have just let a salesperson go and wish to reassign his accounts. There are around 500 of these so we would like to do this in bulk if possible. Having looked at trying to do this I cannot see how to do this easily. Does anyone have any ideas? Regards VG Try using advanced find to isolate the accounts where owner = GuyWhoLeft. Then select all with shift-click, then click Assign button on the button bar. -- Laura Barber "Vegetable Grower" wrote: > Unfortunately, we have just let a salesperson go and wish to reassign his > accounts. There are around...

Displaying/Using Unit Accounts in FRx 6.7
I have a client that wants to calculate Revenue/Expenses/Profit by number of employees. We created departmental unit accounts to accumulate the employee count numbers in Dynamics GP 10. Now we are trying to use them in an FRx Column and can't figure out how. FRx Help talks about Non-financial Book Codes but doesn't explain how to set one up. I can put a unit account on a Row, but I ca't figure out how to use that in a calculation. Thanks, Kim. Let's say you have two rows. Row 100 has a revenue account -- 4100 Row 200 has a unit account -- 9800 You would add row 300...

Repost- account list balance and ending balance different amounts (in MONEY 2004
When I click Account list my bank balance shows an amount say "A" dollars.. but when i go to the particular account the ending balance is not "A" dollars but "B" dollars. Why is there a discrepency?? Also the cash flow takes the "A" dollars into account while computing instead of the current ending balance "B". The difference is "B-A=C dollars" Could it be because i cancelled a electronic payment of "C" dollars and marked it void in the account and then deleted it later thanks nithya ...

Invest in our children #2
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Cannot Merge Duplicate accounts/Match to Existing accounts
I currently use Microsoft Money 2006. I had some technical issues connecting with my bank to download my account information. I contacted my bank and this is what we did to try to resolve the issue and where we currently stand. The first problem we tried to address was the fact that for my bank there were 2 separate "instances" to manage on my online services. Let's call them Bank X and Bank X #4. What we did was "stop using online services" for both. The idea was we should simply deactivate them both and then reestablish the connection under one of the two ...

Null Value in Subform Total
I have a Job Cost form with a Change Order subform. The fields in the subform are totaled in the footer, and are then referenced in textboxes in the main form. Everything works great as long as the subform has records returned. If the subform is empty, the subform totals are blank and the referenced Text boxes show #Error. I want the referenced boxes to have a 0 value. The Control Source of the subform total textbox reads =Sum([EquipmentCost]) I Tried =Nz(Sum([EquipmentCost]),0) and =Nz((Sum([EquipmentCost])),0) to replace Null with 0 but it didn't make a difference. The Control Sou...

I've may have posted to incorrect group
Hi all We use exchange in a Front-end/Backend environment. We use the front-end for OWA access. I've given a user send as permission to a public folder and although they can send as within outlook they cannot send as via OWA - reply/reply all/forward buttons are all greyed out. I've read you need a front-end server for this to work as we have one what am I doing wrong for this not to work. Wayne On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:18:53 -0000, "wmb" <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote: >Hi all > >We use exchange in a Front-end/Backend environment. We use the front-end >for ...

How to create item price list based on account number
Dear Wise People, Please forgive me but even though I have been working with Great Plains for a couple of years now, I am only now introducting myself to Report writing. I am trying to create a report that will produce Item Price List information based on Account number. In other words, instead of restricting by price level, I want to restrict by Account number (customer number) and then join from the price level on the Account Master to the item price list information and from that produce the Item Price List report. Is there a table already existing in GP which shows the price level...

Account and contact IDs
Ok right now I am importing an old Telemagic Database into the CDF database for importation into CRM, Here is where I am running into problems. Well first off, The ID numbers. I was told they need to be GUID's so I imported both the accounts database and the contacts database into access, and generated GUID's for both tables and set them as the primary Key. I also cross-referenced the GUID's betwen the contacts and accounts. now when I do a DTS in SQL enterprise manager, It keeps kicking back errors for the "account ID" field on both tables. any Idea what I am ...

Account balance #3
Money is very fustrating. It will not keep an accurate acount balance in my checking account. I have gone back and started from scratch and keep it up to date. I even reconcile with the statement each month. And they come out correct. But the balance keeps slipping further and further out of sync. I do not see a reason. Can someone give me a suggestion? Are you downloading transaction data? Where are you viewing this "balance [that] keeps slipping further and further out of sync?" I'm curious how to make sense of that in light that you say you are successfully reconciling to sta...

total cost
In table 1 there are records of cars (field 1 is name), & the cost of each 1 (this is field 2). In table 2, this is the sales. this includes the car name field, quantity field & cost. The quantity field does not represent the number of cars available, its to show how many the person wants to buy. the cost represents the cost of 1 car multiplied by the quantity (how many they want to buy) As you can see. a sale record can only hold 1 car name. if a customer wants to buy 2 completely different cars, this is treated as 2 different sales. How do you create a query that will calc...

I Need Total (Sum) On Each Page
Hi guys I need to total/sum a column when i print it how can i do that ? i try out to do with footer option but it didn't work. If this is done with out VBA then it is great. Regards Farrukh Qadri ...

Multiple email accounts #5
I am using Outlook 2000, and I have two Internet email accounts. For every email I send I would like to be able to select which account I send that email from (similar to OE6). Is this possible? a >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2000, and I have two Internet email >accounts. For every email I send I would like to be able >to select which account I send that email from (similar >to OE6). Is this possible? > >a >. >When you are typing the email, next to the "send" button should be an "accounts" button with a drop down box t...

How do I switch between multiple accounts in outlook 2007?
How do I switch between multiple accounts in outlook 2007? "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E535352E-149D-4B32-B17C-D11F0A19883F@microsoft.com... > How do I switch between multiple accounts in outlook 2007? Use the Accounts button, just like you did in previous versions. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Account list is incorrect
I just noticed that the Account List amounts for my checking and AMX accounts are incorrect. The Account Register detail is OK if I use the "all transactions" view. If i use the preferred "Unreconciled transactions" view the balance calculates the same incorrect number in the Account List. I have a feeling this is a common problem - any ideas? Note: The Quick File Repair made no difference. Thanks, Steve H In microsoft.public.money, SteveH9034 wrote: >I just noticed that the Account List amounts for my checking and AMX accounts >are incorrect. The Account Re...

POP3 support or mail account configuration help request
I have hot mail account like ''dhulashia@hotmail.com" want to set with windows mail, os=Vista, what is the detail proceess to set it. manoj dhulashia To retrieve your Live/Hotmail with Windows Mail, you have to access the POP3 server (mail is downloaded to your computer). the required settings are here... try 587 for the Outgoing port... http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry With the newer Windows Live Mail, you can access the Hotmail/Live account via DeltaSync (mail is kept on the server). -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Win...

Yodlee-managed accounts no longer syncing?
Since this past weekend my accounts which are managed through Yodlee are no being synchronized. Has anyone else encountered this and knows of a solution? Having the same problem with Bank of America accounts for California with no updating since April 9 "Bob" wrote: > Since this past weekend my accounts which are managed through Yodlee are no > being synchronized. Has anyone else encountered this and knows of a solution? Yes, one of my account affected is a B of A account in California, but ALL of my Yodlee-managed accounts are equally affected. My last suc...

On the CRM server, the administrator account frequently logon/logo
When I check the System Events, I found the administrator account has frequently logon/logoff, about 5 mins each. Can anyone know what's happen? (I'm not administrator account) Cheers. Hi Do you mean under the security event log? Please could you post a sample event here. Thanks Dan "CEO" wrote: > When I check the System Events, I found the administrator account has > frequently logon/logoff, about 5 mins each. > > Can anyone know what's happen? > > (I'm not administrator account) > > Cheers. > OK, for example, this morning...