Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005

I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to
use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my
money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data
structure.

But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It
said incompatible version with Money 2005.

Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by
microsoft help support, but still failed to open with
money 2005.

Can somebody help my problem?

Thank you.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you
can't  do UK > US.

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Adrian Susianto" <adrian@hdfinefood.com> wrote in message
>I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to
> use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my
> money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data
> structure.
>
> But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It
> said incompatible version with Money 2005.
>
> Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by
> microsoft help support, but still failed to open with
> money 2005.
>
> Can somebody help my problem?
>
> Thank you.

0
Bob_Peel9435 (194)

Money 2005 Standard payee dropdown list
My list of payees (approx. 30-40) is visible in the payee list but none are there when clicking the dropdown box in the transaction form. Adding a new payee in the dropdown box adds it to the general payee list though. Typing the first letter of a payee will allow the "hidden" payee to appear in the payee field but I wish to see the entire payee list in the dropdown box. Searched settings and setup info without finding solution. The payee list normally shows those payees used in the last year... could any of the ones you don'#t see be ones older that that? It would be...

Money 2002 #10
I archived the previous years entries and my problem is I cannot open the file Microsoft Money file extension mny. It says to use a program to open the file. I used Microsoft to search for a program to open the file. It refers me to Microsoft Money Page. However I cannot find a program to download that will open my archive file. Does anyone know what program to download so I can access the archive file. TKS The .MNY extension is the exact same one as on your regular data file. Are you trying to open a .MNY file from some kind of read-only medium like a CD-R? That won't work....

rpc 1719 error
Hi all! Why did this happen? "Apricot" <yilu@21cn.com> wrote in message news:sak732tkm37t126bclp4nugs7d3ah0m1q8@4ax.com... | Hi all! | | Why did this happen? Because you didn't tell us what caused it Sorry, I think this is a generic error, and maybe it's a param feeding error in create binding call. I have tried in this code snippet: void _CRTAPI1 main(int argc, char **argv) { RPC_STATUS status; unsigned char * pszUuid = NULL; unsigned char * pszProtocolSequence = "ncacn_np"; unsigned char * pszNetworkAddress = NULL; ...

Office apps won't open, report Office in use by another use
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that "An Office program is being used by "user." your installation exceeds the number of installations permitted by thelicense agreement. Click More Information to learn about Microsoft Office licensing." But OFFICE ISN'T BEING USED BY ANYONE. All computers have been restarted to no avail. HELP! <sakas@officeformac.com> wrote: > A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that > "An Office p...

Error adding new contact from inside an account
When trying to add a new contact from inside an account the crm server throws an error. I am thinking this is an issue with the account to contact mapping, but when I try to view the relationship mapping under the contact entity the "mapping" option does not appear. -- Jesse Jesse, Please verify your server is fully patched and that you have restarted it. Jeff Loucks 888-474-2237 MVP "jmcelmury" <jmcelmury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B0A285-21DE-48BD-BF9F-49763E2E56CC@microsoft.com... > When trying to add a new contact from inside...

smtpsvc error
I keep getting this error : SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '10.5.2.9'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. event id 2012. I have looked all over the web for a solution. I have read that is has to to with iis, that is could be my server pointing to an external dns server, etc but have found nothing that can help me. I have checked my dns run netdiag etc no errors. I know udp uses port 53 and ran a utiiity called port query. It tested my connection to see if my mail server is listening on port 53 when I type in the dns servers ip and ...

Opening Email Program in IE8
When I try to open my email program with the envelope icon on my IE8 toolbar I get the error message: cannot perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed. This was working fine and suddenly stopped. How can I correct? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Also state your default Mail Client (e.g., Outlook Express; Windows Mail; Outlook; Thunderbird; Windows Live Mail; Yahoo Mail). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA...

Getting a LockMatchID error using sp_rename
When I'm trying to rename a table in the tempdb table, I'm getting an error when I run it in a stored procedure or code, but it works ok on MSSMS. I get the error: Invalid EXECUTE statement using object "Object", method "LockMatchID". EXEC sp_rename 'Tempdb.dbo.oldFile' , 'newFile' Don't ask me why I have to mess with the tempdb files (This is probably the problem). But I have old legacy code that writes to the tempdb database. On Jul 14, 10:00=A0am, Cindy Lee <danparker...@yahoo.com> wrote: > When I'm trying to renam...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Error: Hay demasiados formatos de celda diferente.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C431.45DFE5B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hola: Me aparece un mensaje de error diciendo " Hay demasiados formatos de = celda diferente." siempre que intento cambiar de formato las celdas. Alguien sabe el motivo Gracias ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5C431.45DFE5B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//E...

Append to MS SQL 2005 table
I'm getting a key violation error whenever I try and append records from a table in Access to a table on a MS SQL 2005 database. The SQL db's table has an IID field which is the primary key for the table (and the only indexed field in the table) and I am NOT trying to append records to the IID field with my INSERT INTO tImport(...) statement. It is a clustered index if that makes any difference. Since I can't seem to add the table and write to it without an index field, does anyone have any ideas why I am getting the error message Is the IID field an Identity/Autonumber t...

Money 2006 Crashes on Exit #3
I have Win98SE. When I close Money, I get a message that an error has occurred and do I want to send Microsoft a report. For the 1st few times it happened, I said yes. Now I say no. In either case, Money exits, then starts up again & puts me into the Login screen. If I Close out of that, I get the error popup again. If I say No, Money closes and stays closed. What can I do to prevent Money from initially crashing? Thanks, Tony Money is still crashing. Any ideas how to fix it? "TonyK73" <TonyK73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A930778B-8B3E...

Money 2007: Customize asset classes?
Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007? I'd like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other. For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account. I'd like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other.. Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc? Customize: No. For the purpose of asset allocation, there's a button labeled 'Change' on the investment details screen. There, you can divvy it up across the pre-determined catego...

money password #4
I backed up money to a cd shortly before my computer crashed. I reinstalled Money 2001 on a new computer and went to restore my money and it won't let me...says I need a password. Never set a password up and it won't let me get my info. How do I restore around this password request when there is no password. This password request usually means that your Money file was written by a version later than the one you have installed. Are you sure you didn't have e.g. M2004 trial or similar on your PC? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see ht...

Outlook 2007 Auto open email from known sender
There are a few people in my contact list with whom I need to keep in constant contact. A nice feature would be, for those individuals I trust, to automatically open email on my desktop, or at least to make the auto-notification window persistent. Thanks, Jeff ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0
Hi all Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of the CRM AD domain. Is that possible and if so how does one configure it. No, the SQL server simply must be in same AD domain as the CRM server "chodeva" <chodeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182438284.428768.197020@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > Just want to know if it is possible to install MSCRM 3.0 on one server > and use a SQL 2005 server that is a standalone server is not part of > the CRM ...

ADO Error Attempting to Link Table
Hi, I am attempting to link a table from an user-level security database to an unsecured databaes. The error I get is: Run Time Error -2147467259, Could not find installable ISAM. I have done much searching but I haven't come up with any solutions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Option Compare Database Dim adoCn As ADODB.Connection Dim adoCat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim adoTbl As New ADOX.Table Private Sub createlink_Click() 'Create Link.. Set adoCat = New ADOX.Catalog Set adoCat.ActiveConnection = adoCn Set adoTbl.ParentCatalog = adoCat adoTbl.Name = "LinkTable" adoTbl...

Outlook 2000 Error 550 Sender verify failed
Hello all We have one machine on our network that cannot send mail for some reason. Everytime this machine attempts to send mail using Outlook 2000 it fails, reporting the following error: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. Server response: '550 Sender verify failed'. (Account: 'Fred', smtp server: 'relay.clara.net', error number: 0x8000ccc79)." It is not a simple matter of setting the authentication on the outgoing mail server, as all the other machines on the network (also using Outlook 2000) do...

How do I get rid of this error?
Outlook 2000 I get an error after Outlook runs for a few minutes.... I ran Office repair, removed Office and reinstalled, formatted the and reinstalled the OS and apps....but I still get the error: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being generated. First of all, I don't know where the error log is....it must be a windows error log. Any ideas? Thanks. Sorry for the post....there's a kb article on this. "SAC" <sac@sac.com> wrote in message news:uYgXneUPGHA.3260@TK2MSFTNGP11...

Outlook 2003 Bcm Cannot open outlook
Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB Is there a fix for this error? Cortexmann wrote: > Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event > Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 > P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB > Is there a fix for this error? Any changes to the system between when it worked and when it didn't work,...

Installation Error
I have installed the free trial of Microsoft Money Esssentials and when I open the program I receive the following error: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 16.0.0.705 ModName: utlsrf07.dll ModVer: 16.0.0.705 Offset: 00008fcc What can I do to correct this? Try opening a new file (or the Sample.mny file). Essentials cannot convert from open/convert a file from a previous version. That may be what it's attempting. -Mark "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2F9473-8DC0-45F2-B6BB-EEFD07E4B24E@microsoft.com... >I have installed the free trial...

running macro when workbook is openned
I have the following macro it should run when the workbook is opened. I keep getting an error message. Any ideas. Isthere something that is missing Option Explicit Sub Update() With Sheet5 ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.EnableEvents = False If UserForm4.CheckBox60.Value = True Then Sheet5.ComboBox3.Visible = True Sheet5.Label5.Visible = True Sheet5.TextBox29.Visible = True Sheet6.ComboBox3.Visible = True Else UserForm4.CheckBox60.Value = False Sheet5.ComboBox3.Visible = False Sheet5.Label5.Visible = False Sheet5.TextBox29.Visible = False Sheet6.ComboBox3.Visible = F...

error in excel help. how to select a cell after clicking the Select All button?
Hello "To see all the relationships on a worksheet, in an empty cell type = (equal sign), and then click the Select All button. Select the cell, and press Trace Precedents twice." is written in Excel 2002 help. It's not possible to "Select the cell" following the procedure. Or How to "select the cell" in the procedure? begin 666 0486.gif M1TE&.#EA%0`4`)$``/___V9XI0```)D`F2'Y! ``````+ `````5`!0```)* MC(^I`>T/GP&BUHBG<'MCIW%-]VF61Z'0A%DE,[:GQU+M@ \T,T-"KFO45)P> @8/AP96"R5TI)6MIBQ$@H]I'P3EEM-UO[KA9D10$`.P`` ` end Ma...

Corrupt Money file appears to create system instability
Looking for some help and assistance correcting an apparently corrupt Money file that results in my laptop rebooting when I have Money open (but not immediately on open). Worked with MS support to try file repair (level 2 fails), then selectively deleted the accounts that appeared to cause problem (Amex and Schwab). Repair files executes successfully when accounts are deleted. Trouble is, I need them, and have been using Money as my personal finance software since 2001. 1) Is this a known problem? 2) Is is related to Money 2006, that I upgraded to 2 weeks ago? 3) How can I fix it? ...

Cannot open database ?
Hi Got a database at work I wrote in 2003, brought a copy home to modify and use here. Now got Access 2007, can load initial form (switchboard) but none of the command buttons work. Can get to design view, all queries and tables run okay. Looked on Tools\User & Group Permissions - Open/Run is the only disabled button on the forms only. All tables, macros etc. all buttons enabled. Access has the Open/Run button disabled. Any idea how I can enable it and run my database please? Thank you Al On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:16:01 -0800, Al9315 <Al9315@discussions.microsoft.com>...