Income in Payee List?

Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my
Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks
--
Lori
0

In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote:

>Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my
>Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks

It's up to you. If you want to rename or move those "payees" to
something more meaningful to you, there are buttons to make those
choices. Just select the odd payee, and choose Rename, Move or
Delete. Move or Delete will let you combine payees.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/4/2006 7:16:17 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Income (transactions? categories?
amounts? payee names associated with things you typically consider as income
transactions?) showing up in your Payee list. What Payee list? Categories &
Payees|Payees? Bills & Deposits? Some account register?

Are you using (M05 or 6) and Essential modes?

"Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my
> Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks
> --
> Lori

Dick,
Checking account>Account Register>Register View>New transaction>Withdrawal
tab>Pay to:>Down arrow>Pop up box with most common names checks are written
to...  In this list of Payees there are also names of common deposits that I
make. It is not a big deal, I was just curious why Income/Deposits are listed
in the Pay to: list.             Under the Deposit tab> From:  box is the
same way listing Payee names.     I am in the Advanced Register.  Thanks!!!
--
Lori

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Income (transactions? categories?
> amounts? payee names associated with things you typically consider as income
> transactions?) showing up in your Payee list. What Payee list? Categories &
> Payees|Payees? Bills & Deposits? Some account register?
>
> Are you using (M05 or 6) and Essential modes?
>
> "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my
> > Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks
> > --
> > Lori

0
lori1 (126)
5/5/2006 7:13:01 PM
Ok. Now we are in sync on the question. You are taking about the lists in
the pull-downs for Payee/From on the Bill/Deposit transaction forms. If I
follow right, you are asking why bills and deposits Payee AND From names
from your deposits show up on the each list rather than the Payees on the
Bills and the Froms on the Deposits.

Internal to Money, the From on a Deposit transaction form and the Pay To on
a Withdrawal transaction form are stored as the exact same thing. A
Transaction is neither inherently Withdrawal nor Deposit. It's just a
Transaction. The transaction forms are really more of a crutch for people
who can't get away from the checkbook metaphor than they are a reflection of
how Money works internally. For this reason, many of us just turn off the
transaction forms and get on with life. (I have never used transaction forms
for real use in 13 years of using Money. Frankly, this is one reason I'm
slow to cone into questions that are transaction-form-related from people
who are using transaction forms but don't mention it in the question. Since
they've never not used them, it doesn't occur to them to mention it.)

Money stores Payees (and payers for that matter, but there is no distinction
in Money) in the same list. Some of these Payees can be "implicit" and these
payees will not be shown in the Pay to/From pulldowns. The remainder are
"explicit" and show up in the pulldowns. The explicit list is exposed at
Banking|Categories &Payees |Payees. You can edit payees and payee details,
see all transactions associated with a given payee, and delete Payees from
the explicit list from that page. The implicit list is every payee ever used
in the file that's not in the explicit list.

There is a setting somewhere in Tools|Options or |Settings that tells Money,
by default, to add every Payee entered to the explicit list. Since some of
us find that the explicit list gets un-usefully long with many Payee names
that will only ever be used one or a few times (places you ate on vacation,
etc) we turn this setting to force Money to ask us for every new Payee
whether we want to add it to the explicit list and we tell it no for many or
most of these. My explicit list is maybe 100 or so Payees. My total list
(implicit + explicit) is over 1,300.

Hopefully this helps. I know it was a lot to digest.

> Checking account>Account Register>Register View>New transaction>Withdrawal
> tab>Pay to:>Down arrow>Pop up box with most common names checks are
> written
> to...  In this list of Payees there are also names of common deposits that
> make. It is not a big deal, I was just curious why Income/Deposits are
> listed
> in the Pay to: list.             Under the Deposit tab> From:  box is the
> same way listing Payee names.     I am in the Advanced Register.
> Thanks!!!

I hate it when I try to be clear and screw it up.

You are taking about the lists in the pull-downs for Pay to/From on the
Withdrawal/Deposit transaction forms. If I follow right, you are asking why
withdrawals and deposits Pay to AND From names show up on the each list
rather than the "Pay to"s on the Withdrawals and the "From"s on the
Deposits.

message news:OS%236ZeIcGHA.4108@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Ok. Now we are in sync on the question. You are taking about the lists in
> the pull-downs for Payee/From on the Bill/Deposit transaction forms. If I
> follow right, you are asking why bills and deposits Payee AND From names
> from your deposits show up on the each list rather than the Payees on the
> Bills and the Froms on the Deposits.

Dick, Your explanation was exactly what I wanted to know. I thought it was
very clear and not a screw up at all. I think I will quit using the
transaction form as well. I already wrote a check once so I agree with you
that it is rather pointless to fill out another check in Money. Well thanks
for clearing this up for me so quickly and for taking the time to understand
what I was asking!
--
Lori

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> I hate it when I try to be clear and screw it up.
>
> You are taking about the lists in the pull-downs for Pay to/From on the
> Withdrawal/Deposit transaction forms. If I follow right, you are asking why
> withdrawals and deposits Pay to AND From names show up on the each list
> rather than the "Pay to"s on the Withdrawals and the "From"s on the
> Deposits.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:OS%236ZeIcGHA.4108@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > Ok. Now we are in sync on the question. You are taking about the lists in
> > the pull-downs for Payee/From on the Bill/Deposit transaction forms. If I
> > follow right, you are asking why bills and deposits Payee AND From names
> > from your deposits show up on the each list rather than the Payees on the
> > Bills and the Froms on the Deposits.

0
lori1 (126)
5/5/2006 11:30:01 PM
Glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.

> Dick, Your explanation was exactly what I wanted to know. I thought it was
> very clear and not a screw up at all. I think I will quit using the
> transaction form as well. I already wrote a check once so I agree with you
> that it is rather pointless to fill out another check in Money. Well
> thanks
> for clearing this up for me so quickly and for taking the time to
> understand
> what I was asking!

"Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I think I will quit using the transaction form as well.

I don't use transaction forms but it may make it easier for some people to
understand the process.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/6/2006 5:41:46 PM
Alternatively, they may delay some people from understanding what's really
going on with a transaction. It's kinda like the argument about teaching
math by handing kids calculators.

"Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I don't use transaction forms but it may make it easier for some people to
> understand the process.

In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote:

>Dick, Your explanation was exactly what I wanted to know. I thought it was
>very clear and not a screw up at all. I think I will quit using the
>transaction form as well.

You might also want to experiment with single-line vs multi-line
entries. Ctrl+T is an alternative to the mouse method of changing.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/6/2006 6:04:22 PM
Cal, Thanks for the tip, I will try that as well.
--
Lori

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote:
>
> >Dick, Your explanation was exactly what I wanted to know. I thought it was
> >very clear and not a screw up at all. I think I will quit using the
> >transaction form as well.
>
> You might also want to experiment with single-line vs multi-line
> entries. Ctrl+T is an alternative to the mouse method of changing.

0
lori1 (126)

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

Displaying a List of All VBA Procedures in Excel 2007 fromthe Ribb
How can I make this available to any workbook. For instance, I have a system running and it has around 280 modules. you might see the code at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd890502(office.11).aspx or bellow: Option Explicit Private Sub btnClose_Click() Unload Me End Sub Private Sub btnList_Click() ' Declare variables to access the Excel 2007 workbook. Dim objXLApp As Excel.Application Dim objXLWorkbooks As Excel.Workbooks Dim objXLABC As Excel.Workbook ' Declare variables to access the macros in the workbook. Dim VBAEditor ...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

Lotus Notes has an All Documents list
Just moved from Lotus Notes which has a feature which gives a view of all documents received and sent which is very helpful if you have a document that has gone in the wrong folder or you need to check if it was ever received/sent. Does Outlook have a similar feature? Well, you could create a search folder that showed all items with attachments. That sounds pretty close to what you're asking for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

two Global Address Lists
Is it possible to have one exchange 2003 server with two Global address lists? I have two companies with two different domains running off of one Exchange 2003 server and i want two Global address lists. I have created two Global address lists but they do not show up for some reason. Anyone know why? See the article: 822940 How to Manage Address Lists When You Host Virtual Organizations http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822940 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Fro...

Validation list based on criteria
Hi I want to create a data validation list based on certain conditions. Let me try to explain by example. A1 = oranges B1 = oranges A2 = apples B2 = no record A3 = pears B3 = pears A4 = pears B4 = pears A5 = grapes B5 = grapes A6 = apples B6 = no record B:B value is based on a relative formula determined by the value in A A:A can have duplicate values I want to create a validation list based on B:B where the formula result is “no record” The list needs to be populated with the relative value in A For example: Since B2 and B6 = “no record” then the validat...

Distribution Lists residing on exchange servers
Hi All, I am trying to export distribution lists in Outlook 2003 to load onto another comupter that is on another domain. Here is the scenario: Computer A is on domain 1. Network migration occurs. Computer A is now on domain 2. I want to take the GAL from domain 1, and put it into their outlook on domain 2 (I don't need it to be updated). The two domains are totally seperate from each other... (i do not own domain 1, i DO own domain 2). I've tried several methods like creating a new data file copying info to it, then opening the file in the other domain. I have been unsuccessfu...

Showing list of range names available for formulas??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I know this MUST be possible in Excel...but I can't seem to find it. I have named ranges. I am entering a formula and want to refer to a range name. I don't remember exactly what I called it, or it has a long name that I don't want to have to type. Can't I use some sort of function key to just show a list of the available named ranges, so that I can point to the one I want? In excel for windows, we used a function key (can't recall which one). <br> Thanks, <br> hjd Rev...

v2003 XML Map, Enumeration to drop-down list
I have XSD files with enumerations to constrain the value of specific elements. I want to use Excel to enter data using the XSD. When I apply the XSD as an XML Map I can assign a cell to each element and create a List which will get exported as an XML document. All good so far. For the cells that are constrained, if I don't enter a proper enumerated value into a cell, when I export I get a message like this: 'element' violates enumeration constraint of 'a b c d e'. The element {URIpath}Name with value 'foo' failed to parse. If I ensure that I enter correct case-...

Making a list of all persons in a table in a corresponding form.
Hi all, In a database of mine I have a table containing persons' name, address and so on. In the corresponding form I have of course all the fields where the users put in the data. In this form I want to have a list showing all the persons in the table as well, so that the users can click the right person in the list and have his or her data filled into the fields. I have tried to make a table form from the same table and include it as a subform. This, however, was not successful because the subform only showed the person in focus in the form, not all the persons in the table. Also...

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

Retain drop down lists in Excel when saved as HTML
We are using MS Excel 2007. We have a spreadsheet which uses drop down lists (implemented using the standard method - validation referencing a named list). We want to save it in Excel-based HTML format so that a user can click directly on the file name in a SharePoint list and it will open directly in IE (rather than having to open the Exel file. This also works when you embed the hyperlink to the Excel-based web page in a standard SharePoint workspace page. If the user wants to edit the file they still have to go in via SharePoint and select the "Edit using MS Excel&...

incoming mail #2
when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted items folder. Can someone help me with this Sounds like you have a rule running. Maybe a junk list filter? >-----Original Message----- >when I receive mail some of my messages go to my deleted >items folder. Can someone help me with this >. > ...

What is differeence in opening a feature from the Outlook Bar or Folder List
in Outlook 2002. Seems extremely redundant. TIA normc wrote: > in Outlook 2002. > > Seems extremely redundant. > > TIA > I just noticed that one can also open some of the features from VIEW | GO TO, but the set available is not the same as in the Outlook Bar or the Folder List sets. Is this some kind of reduncancy again? TIA Nothing. Some people prefer to keep the Folder List visible, others the Outlook Bar. You choose which you prefer. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, a...

I want to send autom fax using a distribution list
I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in Honduras. All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't recognize that list. What can I do? You can start by not multiposting. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JLG" <JLG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED7BFC16-71A5-4800-A36C-000E85163913@microsoft.com... >I live in USA. I create a distribution list with 125 fax numbers in >Honduras. > All the fax numbers are +011 (504) number, but the fax in Windows XP don't > recognize that list. What can...

Up/down arrows don't work with data validation list/in-cell dropdown
I have a number of worksheets where I use the in-cell dropdown (from list) function of data validation. When I open the list by either clicking on the drop down button or by pressing Alt-Down arrow, the only way I can move through the list is to grab the scroll bar itself and move it down. The up and down buttons do not function nor does clicking in the open space just above or below the scroll bar. Any ideas as to what is causing this? David Jones David, I just set up an entire column with Data Validation with List. I used 39 entries in the list. The up/down buttons are working as they ...

multiple dependent drop down lists
Hi, I am trying to implement multiple cascading drop down lists. I have two worksheets: a user one (with the dropdown lists and data tobe displayed) and a master one (with variables and data). on the master sheet, variables may be identical in a column but combination of all variables in a row is unique. Here's an example of my data worksheet (I use non standard characters and spaces in each column) var1 var2 var3 data1 data2 data3 A AA AAA 1 2 3 A AA BBB 4 5 6 A BB AAA 7 8 9 B BB AAA 10 11 12 B BB BBB 13...

M04: Mis-identifying payee
I occasionally go to a particular ATM to make a withdrawal. When I eventually download that transaction, M04 will automatically change the Payee to my power company. The first time it happened, I called my power company and asked them why they charged me $40. But they didn't - M04 simply made the change. When I go onto my bank's website, there's nothing in transaction that seems to suggest my power company. M04 simply seems to be changing it for me. This happens every single time I w/draw from a particular ATM. Every other ATM shows up as a normal w/drawal. Is there a way to g...

How do I unpin an item from the list?
In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the name I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why is this happening, and how can I correct it? I am using Win7 Professional. "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F370AAFF-607C-4816-AA0E-A53A944CB026@microsoft.com... > In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the > name > I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why > is > this happening, and how can I correct it? &g...

Distribution List Auto Respond
Hello all, Do any of you know of a way to have Exchange auto respond to messages sent to a distribution list? I do not want to turn on the Send Out-of-Office Messaegs to originator option on because all of the members will have their own OOF messages set up during our Holiday Closure (1 week). The desire is that when people send a message to our Help Desk DL during our closure they would receive a message in return stating that we are closed for the holidays. Thanks for any help with this. Mike Seattle Pacific University You may have to remove everyone from the DL except a temp user wi...

How do I remove an investment from the investment list
MS Money Deluxe 2007 on Windows XP. I can add and update investments, but can't figure out how to remove them. Any ideas? Also, I closed a previous 401k account after rolling over the cash to a rollover IRA account. But Money still thinks the mutual fund positions in that 401k account are there. Well, those funds do NOT show in "portfolio manager", but they are still there as far as Money is concerned. Sometimes I would get an alert saying that I have not updated the prices for those funds for a long time. What's happening here? If those positions somehow have ...

Nest members of a query-based distribution list
Hello Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it Thanks Robin It's ok I have managed it now http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Thanks anyway Robin "robinwilson16" wrote: > Hello > > Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within > the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. > > I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it...

Jump to part of Validation List
I have a cell with Validation from a list. How do I make it so that when the user hits say the 'h' key when the validation list is displayed, the list jumps to the first entry that begins with 'h' ? *Note: Posted this same question in Excel Programming, but then found this forum. I thought the question may have been too basic for the techie programmers. You can't do it with Data|Validation. But maybe a combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar would work for you.... Metro wrote: > > I have a cell with Validation from a list. How do I make it so that when t...

display a drop-down list based on the content of another cell
I want to display a drop-down validation list for a target cell only if the vlaue in another cell meets or exceeds a numerical threshold. If the threshold is not met, I want to force the target cell to remain blank. Cell A contents -----> Cell B contents < 100 must be blank >= 100 may only be "red" or "green" or "blue" Using MS Office Excel 2003 Joe, without VBA you can have a Custom data validation with the following formula: =IF(A1<100, B1="", OR(B1="a", B1=...

incoming mail
Hello frineds, the incoming mail does not get to my inbox until I try to open an existing email, strange problem. I am running Outlook XP sp2 with Exchange 5.5 sp4 in back. Does anybody know the reason for this behavior? Thanks. Good afternoon, If you mean you are not notified about new mail messages until you do something in Outlook, this is normal if the "new mail" notifications are not reaching your client from the server. This notification is sent via a UDP packet to the client, and is highly susceptible to being intercepted and dropped, especially when using MAPI via t...