Income Category changed during upgrade from 2004 to 2006

I just went in to add a new Inventory item and I noticed that the Income
Category was listed as Groceries.  I thought that was odd.  I checked the
other items in my Product list and see that all of them have been changed to
Groceries.  This must have happened when I recently upgraded from 2004 to
2006.

I have run the Quick Repair and Standard repair, but no change.

Why did this happen?
Is there an easy way to update the income category for my inventory?

I will need to review other items to confirm that other categories didn't
get screwed up.
0
KenWest (2)
8/21/2006 8:12:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Income category? Inventory? Are your referring to the * & Business version?

Are we talking Expense Category was Food : Groceries is now Groceries? If
so, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=163.

"Ken West" <KenWest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just went in to add a new Inventory item and I noticed that the Income
> Category was listed as Groceries.  I thought that was odd.  I checked the
> other items in my Product list and see that all of them have been changed
> Groceries.  This must have happened when I recently upgraded from 2004 to
> 2006.
>
> I have run the Quick Repair and Standard repair, but no change.
>
> Why did this happen?
> Is there an easy way to update the income category for my inventory?
>
> I will need to review other items to confirm that other categories didn't
> get screwed up.

Dick,

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Yes, I am using Small Business Edition, which includes Inventory and Income
Categories.

I did see the FAQ relating to the Groceries vs. Food:Groceries, but that did
not apply to me.

Any other thoughts?

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Income category? Inventory? Are your referring to the * & Business version?
>
> Are we talking Expense Category was Food : Groceries is now Groceries? If
> so, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=163.
>
> "Ken West" <KenWest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just went in to add a new Inventory item and I noticed that the Income
> > Category was listed as Groceries.  I thought that was odd.  I checked the
> > other items in my Product list and see that all of them have been changed
> > Groceries.  This must have happened when I recently upgraded from 2004 to
> > 2006.
> >
> > I have run the Quick Repair and Standard repair, but no change.
> >
> > Why did this happen?
> > Is there an easy way to update the income category for my inventory?
> >
> > I will need to review other items to confirm that other categories didn't
> > get screwed up.

0
KenWest (2)
8/22/2006 4:19:02 AM
Nope. I've never used the * Business editions.

> Any other thoughts?

Changing opening view and send/receive
When i open Microsoft Outlook XP 2002 I get the Outlook Today screen. How do i change this so I get my inbox on opening. Secondly I have a broadband connection and would like new mail to arrive and be sent automatically as soon as it arrives or is sent (like work emails) instead of having to manually press the send/receive button. How do i do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Shabs schrieb am 14.01.2005 15:23: > When i open Microsoft Outlook XP 2002 I get the Outlook Today screen. > How do i change this so I get my inbox on opening. Extras | Options | More | Ad...

IE7 changes image MIME type
Trying to upload a PNG or JPG image to a website fails. IE7 has changed the MIME types from image/jpeg to image/pjpeg and image/png to image/x-png, neither of which is accepted by the site. (a) Why does IE do this? (b) Can I stop it from doing this? I read at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms775147(VS.85).aspx When uploading files from the client to the Web server, Windows Internet Explorer uses FindMimeFromData to determine a MIME type. Where possible, FindMimeFromData returns hard-coded values from the list of Known MIME Types rather than relying on the MIME typ...

Upgrading from 2.0a to 2004
I am happily running V.2.0a under XP although there are couple of oddities that don't give me too much grief. All my basic money management works. Should I upgrade to a new version or leave well alone? Will all my 'mny' files work OK in a new version? I only use it for basic ins and outs; splits; reports etc. Thanks - Roger -- you can email me at (rogero) (at) (pobox) (dot) (com) Some say if it is not broke do not fix it. However, some of the newer versions have features that one does not know are needed until you try out the version. For years I did all of my check rec...

file format needs to be changed
I have an excel file which comprises of a template for Identity card with a jpg file embedded in it. I would like to save this file in a jpeg format so as to get a photo printout of the same. How is this possible? If you scan the document, that would put the file into an image format. Then you could convert the file to whatever image file format you wanted. Just a thought... Highlight the area you want printed then hold SHIFT key and select Edit>Copy Picture. Open your favorite graphics editor or MS Paint and paste to there. Save as *.jpg Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jun 200...

Change search for products
Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it searches by product id and not name? I'm referring to the "Find Products" function on the product screen. My client knows the id better than the name. Thanks! The Find Products function is not customizable. Unfortunately you cannot change it. Kind regards, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "John" wrote: > Is there a way to customize CRM so that when you search for products it > searches by product id and not name? > > I'm referring to the "Find Products" funct...

Form event not firing on change
I am using a pop-up calendar form that is called from my main form. GotFocus and MouseDown events on the main form are calling the popup calendar. Once a day has been selected the last thing that happens is the originating control (the date field on my main form) is being set to the value of the date selected. This method does not fire the Change, BeforeUpdate, nor AfterUpdate events. I have looked at RaiseEvent, but the statement that is setting the value of the originating control is in calendar form module not the main form module. I also tried putting the onupdate code in a...

can not delete mail in outlook 2004
hi all, i am using outlook 2003, i can not delete mail in inbox and delete items. it showed that "outlook.pst can not access, there are no enough space". pls help me How large is your .pst file? RIght click on the root of your mailbox, = select properties->folder size. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, trang asked: | hi all, |=20 | i am using outlook 2003, i can not delete mail in inbox and d...

When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing
I've done this before, but can't remember how. I want to add a row at the top of a sheet, but without formulae with a range eg =sum(a1:a5) changing to =sum(a2:a6). $ isn't the answer =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) HTH Kostis Vezerides "vezerid" wrote: > =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) > > HTH > Kostis Vezerides > Thanks for that. How about if I after inserting a row A1:A5 changes to A1:A6 TIA Dave ...

Office:Mac 2004
I did a complete clean install on my Mac first to Tiger, then an upgrade to Leopard. I then installed all my applications. Everything seems to work; however, in my Applications Folder, Microsoft Office 2004, Office Folder I have an English Dictionary and an English Dictionary 2. How did that happen? Can I delete the "2" safely? No. Leave it there. In general, messing with your Applications folder is not a good idea, especially for big complex programs such as the Office suite. In particular, most of the stuff in the Applications/Office 2004/Office folder is used to keep Office ...

changing the location of the x axis labels
Hello, I'm trying to make column graphs by using excel 2002. The problem is, my y axis values have some negative numbers, so the x axis labels overlap with some of the columns. Is there anyway to relocate the x axis labels while keeping the category x axis crossing at zero? Thanks! Double click on the axis. On the Patterns tab, for Tick Labels, choose the Low option. The axis will remain at zero, but the labels will move to the bottom of the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com ___...

change default site
Good morning, is it possible to change the program web site from the default site on 80 port to another port keeping the refer to the database? ...

can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically?
can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically? what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, outlook will automatically download the attachment, it would be better if it can be set to download some specific attachement? Thanks Not sure what you mean. Are you using POP or IMAP? By default, in POP, the attachment will download automatically with the message. Linus wrote: > can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail > automatically? > > what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, > outlook will automatically download t...

MSDN licence key upgrade to trial version
In previous posts it said that your can't upgrade from an MSDN installation of CRM 3.0 to a trail version but the last post i found on this was over 9 months ago Has this issue been fixed and can i upgrade it to the trail version so that i can trial it out with 20 users. The MSDN version only allows 10 users and i have a lot of data currently in the database that i wish to keep Thanks Ray. ...

Help!!!!! Problem with an upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
I was upgrading from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 when my server ran out of space due to the log file growing was to big. This crashed the install. I fixed the log file issue and went to try to redo the upgrade. The issue came into play that while I was doing the intial upgrade to 3.0 my Crystal db was removed and now any time I try to upgrade to 3.0 I get a malformed xml error with the crm database. I have the MSCRM and METADATA db's backed up so I have all my companies data but now I need to finish the upgrade. Can anybody help? Thanks, J When I've done upgrades I've found the key thing i...

Upgrading to Money 2004 #6
I currently have money 2001 and want to install Money 2004. I wanted to start a new Money file and not incorporate my data from 2001, but when installing 2004 it indicates that my 2001 data will be overwritten and brought into 2004. Is there any way to start a new 2004 Money file without bringin in my 2001 data? >Subject: Upgrading to Money 2004 >From: "J Clark" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 1/2/2004 8:47 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <09a301c3d19b$80dbf260$a001280a@phx.gbl> > >I currently have money 2001 and want to install ...

How to change Cluster Server Exchange Drive Letter
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by editin...

Need program to ask me to save changes when closing
Hi My wife has excel 2003 and she at times closes the program and the file she is working on will close without saving the changes. My machine always asks me if I want to save the changes made. I can not find out how to enable this, please help. My auto save is also not working any ideas. Thank you. Some functions are volatile, if you are using a workbook with any volatile function in it regardless if you do anything it will ask you if you want to save the changes or are you saying that if you open up a new workbook, then close it again it will ask you to save it? -- Regards, Peo ...

Updates to Office 2004
I'm running OS 10.4.7 on an Intel iMac 20" and have Microsoft Office 2004 (vs. 10.1.6). I've downloaded, but have not installed, the following updates: Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 PST Import Tool for Entourage 2004 for Mac Microsoft Entourage 2004 Junk E-mail Filter Update 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft AutoUpdate for Office 2004 for Mac Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft Office 2004 Deployment Documentation Business Bright: Entourage Signatures and Backgrounds Creat...

Font change
I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks, Lisette I don't know that there will be an easy way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lizzzet" <LizzzetNOCAPS@dc.rr.com> wrote in message news:Ofl17n0qEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different >fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest >way to do this. > Thanks, > Li...

unwanted font changes
I have a co-worker using Excel 97 SR-2. When she opens up a spreadsheet, the font will change from Arial to any other font available on her system. She has to highlight the worksheet and change the font back. The Style default is set for Arial. Can you tell me how to stop this from happening? Thanks Kelly Kelly, Not sure what is happening here, but one remote possibility might be that excel is having problems handling an excess of styles. If this is just happening with one particular workbook, there's a utility on my site that you could try on the workbook that helps you clean ...

Money 2004 #99
portfolio: category choice large, bond etc in the portfolio columns money asked me to assign the above categories to my holdings (because of no online with 2004) i would like to go back and review but can not find the setting anywhere. In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >portfolio: >category choice large, bond etc in the portfolio columns > >money asked me to assign the above categories to my holdings (because of no >online with 2004) i would like to go back and review but can not find the >setting anywhere. Go to the Details for the Investment. Right-click...

Tracking results of changes to database
Is there a good tool for testing results of changes to stored procedure, functions, views etc? Some way to compare results of activity to the results of the same activity after changes are made. Not just for a particular procedure but after you have made changes to multiple procedures that may be used by other procedures. Then run some type of robot function that does the same set of actions that was done on an identical database before the changes were made and then compare the database to see what is different. Thanks, Tom On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:31:45 -0700, &q...

Changing text "A" to a number?
In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the adjacent cell. Can someone post or point me to the formula? Thanks Try this: =3DCODE(LOWER(A1))-96 Then copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 11, 5:15=A0pm, Larry <Yak...@gmail.com> wrote: > In cell A1 I have the either Letter a, b or c. > I would like to give them a numerical value of 1, 2 and 3 in the > adjacent cell. > Can someone post or point me to the formula? > Thanks One way: = CODE(UPPER(A1)) - 64 another: =MATCH(A1,{"a","...

Change SQL service logon accounts
Hello I installed CRM 1.2, SQL 2000 on a Windows 2003 server , and provide a new logon account (mscrm) (not the local system) Now I have a problem with KDC error 11 - which I traced back to duplicate serviceprincipalname for that user logon mscrm So I removed the duplicate names. How the SQL agent wont start and Iam getting Kerberos errors when I try to get into CRM How do I change the service accounts for CRM and SQL to use the local system account ? Is there a particular order of changing them Thank you in advance vikrantca ...

Upgrade to VISTA -- Switch to Excel?
Greetings -- I am a household user who has used Quattro Pro 7 since 1999 on Windows 98 -- only for household use. Will be upgrading to VISTA sometime in the next few months and wonder if I should buy the Microsoft package containing Excel or the Corel package containing Quattro.. Some family members tell me that I should go to Excel -- that Quattro is not the way to go. For word processing I am already using Microsoft Word. Any suggestions? Regards, George George Not used QP and am obviously familiar with Excel so I like it. If you get Excel you will be compatible with most of the wor...