Importing share prices into money

Is there a way of importing share or unit trust prices into Money?  I would
like to update the historical value of some investments which are not
available online.  My only alternative at this stage is to manually enter it
for each investment.
I was thinking if I can create a file with the month end dates and prices,
and download it into money.
Thanks,
John
0
JohnD (33)
11/1/2004 6:44:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Earn money
Hi Why not play the UK National Lottery for FREE! - this is the most excellent chance of winning money and Earn a lot too! Here is how it works: 1.. You join - pay �5 a week (+ �5 a year - administration. fee) 1.. you get: 88 chances to win a part (1/49) of 15-20 million � every week and you only need 2 no. to win small amounts. 2.. Your personal website - where you can see it all. 3.. You find 5 people who want to play - and YOU play for free! 4.. They find 5 people who want to play - YOU get 5% of �5 every week. 5.. Downline to 7th. Level. 6.. People don't even need ...

online update fails, money 2004
Running Windows XP w/SP1, Ie 6.0 that claims 128bit cipher strength, and Money 2004 v12.0 When I go to the link provided there are only updates for IE5.5 and older, any ideas? Damon Damon@nospam.nospam.really-nospam.Achey.Net --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a problem with the security components on your machine. <br><br>This error is often caused by an older version of Microsoft Strong Encryption. You can obtain the latest version of strong encryption from <a HREF=...

ms money error 12007
how does one resolve this issue that prevents browser from accessing site? For those of us who don't know Money error numbers by heart--virtually everybody likely to come here and help--could you give us some more context? <emmx77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2c89bdfd-b040-4c0c-b8e2-5517f45d20ad@n41g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > how does one resolve this issue that prevents browser from accessing > site? http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/466.aspx appears to answer your question. Assuming your situation meets the requirements in that article. <emmx77@gmail.com>...

Deleated important files.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am a complete noob when it comes to mac. Thinking the applications folder was like the "start menu" i deleted everything in the Office 2008 folder that was not something i used. All that is left in there is the .app for word, excel, and powerpoint. Needless to say none of them will open. The problem is it's a school pc so i don't have access to the office install discs. Is there some way to restore these or will i have to take it to the pc shop to get it reinstalled? PS: i already emptied the trash =(...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

Problem to import folders from old .PST files to Outlook 2003
Have upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I had several Personal Maps (One Map containing the E-Mail for each previous years, like Outlook2003, Outlook2002, etc.). When I try to import the old .pst Personal Maps to my new Outlook 2004 Personal Map (with the new format), the folders inside each of the Map are not visible, and I am not able to import any data at all. Is it possible to create several Personal Maps in Outlook 2004, and how to I create a new one? What do you mean by Personal Maps? Assuming you are talking about Personal Folders (PST files) they are perfectly compati...

Sharing question
I have a sheet that I would like multiple users to be able to use at the same time. However, I want them to be able to see changes that others are making as they are happening. Is this possible? Stephanie ...

Money 99 -> Money 2004 File conversion
I have Money 1999 (Ver 7), with data dating back to 1995. I have downloaded same region Money 2004 (M12GBWEB.exe). The file conversion does not complete properly, ending in a core dump. The same problem exists with Money 2003 (M11GBWEB.exe). If I archive records from my Money 1999 file removing - say - all records prior to 2000, I can load the resulting data. However, I would like to keep all the data back to 1995 not just that since 2000. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Kind regards, David Goddard See reponse in UK group. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mon...

Uninitialized help...Money 2004
None of the help links at the right of the money will work. I just says something about a bad link. I have WinXP SP1 with all the latest updates. I upgraded from Money 2001. Any sugesstions? I tried uninstalling and re-installing already. Thanks! Try deleting internet temporary file from Internet Options control panel. "Michael A. Dice" <mikedice@mail.com> wrote in message news:0d2f01c3512d$937a9b90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > None of the help links at the right of the money will > work. I just says something about a bad link. > > I have WinXP SP1 with all the...

importing publisher files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have many publisher 2003 project files I would like to use, but have not found away to import them into office 2008. Any suggestions on how to convert them to a use able format? lckid@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I have many publisher 2003 project files I would like to use, but have not found away to import them into office 2008. Any suggestions on how to convert them to a use able format? Hi The conversion has to be done u...

sync shared calendar with users calendars
i need some advice ive been asked to come up with a way to create a shared calendar on exchange2003 for my department. and sync it with there on mailboxs folder and then be able to sync it with our pda's someone on here sometime ago mention MasterCal...but it did not work nor was the instructions any good is there any advice on this "James" <jgrace@digitelusa.net> wrote: >i need some advice > ive been asked to come up with a way to create a shared calendar on >exchange2003 for my department. and sync it with there on mailboxs folder >and then be able to...

Price Level #2
Is there any way to setup the following price level. Usage quantity is 1000 to 1999 the price is $10 ($10 should be the total price) Usage quantity is 2000 to 2999 the price is $20 ($20 should be the total price) Usage qty is > 3000 the price is $30 ($30 should be the total price) When I set up the price levels, GP multiplies the quantity times the price. which is not what I want. I would like to enter a quantity say 1500 and the system should come back with a total price of $10 or if the quantity entered is 2400 the system should price it at a total of $20. Thanks Unfort...

Standard vs Extended Pricing
In standard pricing, you can select a pricing method that can include such possibilities as % Markup-Cost, or % Margin-Cost. As far as I can determine, these methods are not available if you use Extended pricing - instead you have to enter a "List Price" on the Price Sheet detail Maintenence Card. Am I missing anything? If not, the difference in calculating pricing would seem to be a pretty major factor in helping clients determine which type of pricing they should use. Thanks ...

Sticking with Money 2002
I'm reasonably content with Money 2002 and everything I'm reading in this newsgroup convinces me to return this new Money 2006 box without ever having removed the plastic wrap. I don't see anyone here citing Quicken as a better alternative either. I pay bills via CheckFree and use MBNA credit cards which provides downloads of monthly statements in Money 99 format (I forget which file type that is). The most labor intensive thing for me is reconciliation of my accounts--especially my bank accounts, but I can live with that. Is there some additional automation in this area wi...

importing/exporting categories
Is there a way to synchronize or import/export categories. I have 3 email clients. 1 desktop, 1 notebook and 1 PDA. I continually have to manually edit my master categories list on my desktop's outlook so it jives with my notebook. Thanks, mike This article was helpful. http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=297405 -m "Mike" <thewittmer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:YfDrg.23787$Bh.15010@tornado.texas.rr.com... > Is there a way to synchronize or import/export categories. I have 3 email > clients. 1 desktop, 1 notebook and 1 PDA. I continua...

Importing Yahoo Yellow Pages Into Excel
Has anyone been successful in doing the above? Hi Carol, You can open the file in excel, then take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm to get the two rows into one row. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Carol Harb" <Carol Harb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3B96450-B4E5-4E3A-887B-B7ACFBB9D514@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been successful in doing the a...

Literally displaying imported cells with <HTML> and <BODY> tags
Hi, I'm exporting contents to excel from a web application. Each row looks like this: "3101" "American Express" "Fort Lauderdale" "FL" "Deployed" "Windows 2001R1" "<![CDATA[<HTML> <BODY> <P> <B>IMPORTANT:</B> We have updated server. You must click the button again to receive your account information. <P> More text goes here </P> </BODY> </HTML>]]>" However, when the file is opened in Excel only the text in the last column is displayed (the tags and all the o...

Importing Emails from an Exchange Email box
Hi, I am currently (manually) importing emails into my DB. I am only importing the following fields from each mail item: 1) Receive Date 2) From 3) Subject 4) Body I would like to automate this process with code - so that the user click a button and the fields above are imported into a table called 'Daily Results', with field names the same as 1,2,3 and 4 above. Can anyone advise of how to do this? I thought MS Access had an 'Import Builder' where these setting could be saved, and recalled when required (like a Macro) but I cannot seem to find this. Any help would be...

Large txt file import macro
All, I asked a longtime ago for a macro to allow large text files to be imported over several sheets within one work book, this worked great, however my machine has been rebuilt and I failed to keep the macro, can some nice person please supply a link again . Many thx Larry. Larry, The usual code is below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub LargeFileImport() 'Dimension Variables Dim ResultStr As String Dim FileName As String Dim FileNum As Integer Dim Counter As Double 'Ask User for File's Name FileName = Application.GetOpenFilename 'Check for no entry If FileName = "...

How to remove the Mods imported into GP and where to look for; to rename these?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0071_01C965EA.F44ED710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Happy X-Mas & Holidays I wonder if some one could help me on this a.. How to remove the Mods. imported into GP. I see that these can me = imported and exported but what if someone need to remove those?=20 b.. Also, where to look for in GP Folder/Directory in case some need = to disable these by renaming them.=20 c.. Mods. mean Modified menus and screen through modifier or VBA -----...

how to multiply time by money
Cell b2 is subtracting from b1 to give me a calculation on the amount of time for that day in b3. But when I try to get cell b4 (which is a dollar amount) to multiply by b3 (time amount) the answer is wrong. Example, 1:00 (hour) * $10.00. Exel keeps telling me the answer is $0.42, insted of $10.00. Help! Excel gives you right answer. This is because one hour is displayed as 1:00 but real value of this cell is 0,0416666666666667,try to format number like general in this cell to see this. Excel represent time like portions of day (12 hours is 0,5 of day and so on...). In you example...

Money 2007: Transaction not downloaded? ?
I recently upgraded to Money 2007. I have set up my online accounts to Bank of America and ING Direct. When I update the account, the summary indicates success, and the Bank Balance gets updated correctly. However, the transaction are not downloaded to the accounts, and hence the Adjusted Balance remains unchanged. Any idea as to what is happening? ...

Problem Downloading from my bank to Money 2006
Money has suddenly stopped showing my electronic (downloaded) transactions from my Washington Mutual bank accounts. All my other accounts are fine, and this does not appear to be a problem with Money 2005 (I would revert if I could) nor was it a problem last week with Money 2006. My bank's tech support is beyond un-helpful. Any ideas? ...

MS Money 2004 "Manage Scheduled bills and deposits"
In MS Money 2004, the "Manage Scheduled bills and deposits" screen only shows re-occuring transactions ONCE. Manage Scheduled Bills and Deposts displays approximatly one and a half months into the future, or 7 weeks into the future. A deposit or bill that reoccurs weekly should appear on this list 7 times. Alas, such items only appear once. I'm glad you didn't state any question because all of the facts you asserted except for "A deposit or bill that reoccurs weekly should appear on this list 7 times." are true as you state them. See http://www.bollar.org...