Importing Quicken 2008 Files

I just downloaded Money Plus Premium and tried to import my Quicken 2008
file.  I tried the conversion tool but still no luck.  I do understand the
like year Money and Quicken files won't allow you to convert.  So I guess my
question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able to
convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus?  Please help anyone.

Arron
0
Arron (5)
10/27/2008 12:01:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I don't think anybody here knows. IF they did, they probably wouldn't be at
liberty to say.

Personally, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

"Arron" <Arron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my
> question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able
> convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus?

I also tired of Intuit and their Quicken garbage.  I purchased Money Plus
because the box says that it will "convert your Quicken file."  It doesn't
say that it will "convert some Quicken files and yours might not be one of
them."

A buyer of a product from Microsoft, of all companies, should be able to
rely on what is purported on the product's packaging.  I wonder how many
other new Money Plus owners are now in this same boat.  Might make a good
class action suit.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> I don't think anybody here knows. IF they did, they probably wouldn't be at
> liberty to say.
>
> Personally, I wouldn't be holding my breath.
>
> "Arron" <Arron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my
> > question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able
> > convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus?

0
hOly_man (1)
11/12/2008 8:53:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, the hOly_man <the
hOly_man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I also tired of Intuit and their Quicken garbage.  I purchased Money Plus
>because the box says that it will "convert your Quicken file."  It doesn't
>say that it will "convert some Quicken files and yours might not be one of
>them."

I doubt that. I expect there is a note detailing which versions can
be converted.

>A buyer of a product from Microsoft, of all companies, should be able to
>rely on what is purported on the product's packaging.  I wonder how many
>other new Money Plus owners are now in this same boat.  Might make a good
>class action suit.

Return for refund. And next time, try the free trial first. Sheesh.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/12/2008 9:07:22 PM
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:53:04 -0800,when reading
"microsoft.public.money", I'm certain I caught a glimpse of "the
hOly_man <the hOly_man@discussions.microsoft.com>" saying:

>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> I don't think anybody here knows. IF they did, they probably wouldn't be at
>> liberty to say.
>>
>> Personally, I wouldn't be holding my breath.
>>
>> "Arron" <Arron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > my
>> > question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able
>> > convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus?
>>
>I also tired of Intuit and their Quicken garbage.  I purchased Money Plus
>because the box says that it will "convert your Quicken file."  It doesn't
>say that it will "convert some Quicken files and yours might not be one of
>them."
>
>A buyer of a product from Microsoft, of all companies, should be able to
>rely on what is purported on the product's packaging.  I wonder how many
>other new Money Plus owners are now in this same boat.  Might make a good
>class action suit.

I started with Quicken in about year 1993 and ditched Quicken for MS
Money in year 2004.
I'm now running AceMoney <http://www.mechcad.net/products/acemoney/> in
parallel with MS Money 2004. AceMoney will supposedly import Quicken
files but not MS Money files, so not being a current Quicken user I
can't advise.

AceMoney isn't as sophisticated as Quicken or MS Money but for half the
price I'm hopeful I will be able to monitor my incoming and expenditure.
--

Erik.

EFS
Hi, I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files which I cannot now delete and they are really large. I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin privilages and a Google search was fruitless. Help :-) Thanks "David" <amharcAE@ice.age.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:5fkf165079mj6sq3jl4jui8f7fveennejo@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I did something bad and enabled EFS on a ...

how do i import into outlook from excel
have a file which has the names, address etc on each row. For example row 1, name, row 2 address, row 3 city and state, row 4, phone. Can this somehow be imported into outlook contacts? It is a large file and would take quite a lot of work to drag each record from its row, into a column format. But i do want to get it into the OUtlook contact list, for sales calls. Thanks Have you tried File-->Import from Outlook's menus? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "RF" <RF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC9A4FB-C21F-4512-93EF-3...

Exporting to Excel files
I am currently working on an Access97 database application, and when I export a table to an Excel spreadsheet, I find that my dates turn out as other than I would expect or want. For instance, "00/01/01" will sometimes be displayed "00/01/01", sometimes as "01-Jan-00" or something similar. What I need is a way to force ALL dates to be exported to spreadsheet format in the format "YYYY/MM/DD". Is there a way to do this, efficiently? Or perhaps I will have to recreate my table with the date fields as text and put the dates in there as I expect them? (a r...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Export or convert .qrp files to HTML
Hi all, great forum - Does anyone know how to export or convert any given .qrp report into an HTML or other web format? Could it be possible to open a .qrp in it's native format? I've seen a company online (Sabletooth) that converts Report Builder (.qrp) files into Crystal, but I think they are only offering consulting services. Thanks in advance for your help. At the top of the report it gives you several options(print, save, etc.) the fourth or fifth from the left(not quite sure which one by memory)is the one to export. It gives you several options. One of which is to expo...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

Cannot open certain Files.
For some reson or another I cannot open one of our newletter issues. The file will open if publisher runs its self in safe mode.....Im baffled? any ideas ? Graham Could be the printer driver. Have you changed printers or the driver? When you open the file in safe mode, save as...something else, see if it will open then. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JGM" <marxymarks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJeXwuzxEHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > For some reson or another I cannot open one ...

Upload a file to a web using VBA
There is a site on our company's INTRANET that I need to upload a file to. This is a FORM that needs the fileName to be populated, but I have not been able to get it to accept fileName from any means I have tried. I have ALL of the other fields working and it is to the point all I need to do is manually select the file, but I need to automate this. I have been able to access the site, stuff all kinds of other info into the websites varables, but I have NOT been able to stuff the fileName to upload. Here is the code (including some failed attempts) to get the file name into t...

Saving a file as the "date" it was created
I have a load of spreadsheets that I need to file in the same folder. The problem is each one has the same filename. Does anyone know how to save a file as the date that it was created on thus saving me having to go through 100's of files and do it manually. Thanks Dave Woodgate Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Format(Now,"yyyymmdd hhmmss")&" "&Activeworkbook.Name -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <dave.woodgate@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147856944.197931.244350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups....

What does it mean to have a file name followed by .xls:1 etc.?
I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when I open it. They have the same names except that one is .xls:1 and the other ..xls:2 and I have not been able to find what this signifies. Those are multiple windows that view the same Excel file. You create them by selecting Window>New Window. If you close the :2 window, the other will still be open (but the :1 will no longer display) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "KGAR" wrote: > I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when > I open it. They ha...

how to import data from outlook express for mac
Hello, I'm changing my net from macintosh to windows xp, and I was wondering how to import all the data (messages, contacts, etc) from outlook express for macintosh to outlook express or outlook 2002 on my windows xp I have the outlook express macintosh files, but I can't import any data. Maybe I have to do another step before... Any idea? Thank you Xavi ...

File storage
Where and how are the files stored in the crm database for a note attachment, I need to download the file for a certain event and save it in a folder on machine without the download dialog box appearing. is it the version column of annotationbase where i only see binary,how do i query database in this case ,I am unable to do through the howto method of downloading ...

Log files filling disk up
We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. Any advice on hoe these logfiles can be managed would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave Are you doing Exchange-aware full online backups? On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Dave Marshall" <dj_marshall@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. > >It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and >within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. > >Any advice...

PDF file #8

repaired ext hd
I recently had an external hard drive fail. Sometimes it showed up under my computer and other times not. Did not show up in disk management. Tried on another pc - nogo. So.... I sent drive off for data recovery and received email from comp that said: A. Media evaluation results overview * The file system was structurally damaged preventing access to the data. The file system has been repaired to point to the file data. Can anyone tell me what that means? Is there a way i could "repoint" to data? Thanks. patti On May 5, 7:20=A0pm, patti <pa...@discussions.m...

I have a file that is 4mb. Cleared all formating...still big
I have a file that has cols a-p, rows 1-40. Had a lot of colors and stuff but I cleared all formatting and saved file. Still 4mb. Can't figure out where the issue is. Can anyone help? Hi Who knows what people do with spreadsheet sometime. I experienced once the situation where somebody put nonvisible large object so there was a spreadsheet with a simple calculations but it was huge. I found it and got rid off it, but I think that easier will be copy all to a new spreadhseet and save it. Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva "JDH" wrote: ...

File Open Box
When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to open, it appears full screen, how can I reduce the size of it (it never used to be full screen). I try placing the mouse on the edges but it won't give me a drag arrow from anywhere around the perimeter of the screen Drove me near insane once. Dbl-click in the dialog title bar. "bev" <bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66C4FC65-041A-4EF3-A1F0-4B1FEA6F472F@microsoft.com... > When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to > open...

Interesting TIF file problem
At the company I work for, we have someone that exports AutoCAD drawings to a TIF file, then inserts the TIF file into an Excel spreadsheet. We have quite a few of these. Other users can open this spreadsheet, view it, do a print preview, but when they try to print the file the inserted picture does not show up. All that prints is a box with the broken url red x document image. It seems that the problem is with Office XP. The Excel files are created with Office 2000, and they print fine from Excel 2000. On Office XP and Office 2003, the file won't print properly (all systems are ru...

create main configuration file for solution.
Hello. How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. Thanks :) "Mr. X." wrote: > Hello. > How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS > 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. > It's called an app.config. There is a name space you can use to mainulupate the app.config from a program. I see it on the project source directory (not for solution). I cannot see it on the release directory. Is there any convention to read / write from app.config...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

JPG Files #2
Just installed Outlook 2003. Can no longer view jpg files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??? Have cleaned out my temp internet files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Thx Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure you select to always open that file with the selected program You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has been replaced by Picture Manager. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Cre...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...