Importing QIF files

I download and save the QIF file from my bank.  I then import the file into
Money 2004.

When I review the enteries in my credit card relative to the QIF file I find
the following:

QIF:  P7-ELEVEN 123456  Anytown VA
M04:  Eleven Anytown VA
(Lost the "7-" and the store number)

QIF:  PJoe's 145345  Anytown VA
M04:  Joe S Anytown
(lost the apostrophe, capitalized the "S", lost the state)

QIF:  PMR. CLEAN CAR WASH ANYTOWN VA
M04:  Mr Clean Car Wash Anytown
(Lost the period, lost the state, lost the capitalization)

I checked and in both cases there are no payee name variations.  i would
expect that M04 would have imnported the entire payee name from the QIF file
since there are no variations.

Please provide any details as to why this is happening.

Regards,
Moose

0
someone913 (592)
7/5/2005 1:57:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Can indirect() work using closed external files??
Workbook A has a cell that gets data from workbook B as an external link. It does this using the indirect function because it needs to concatenate the path and filename from other cells. Problem is that if workbook B is closed, the cell in workbook A shows #REF!. So can indirect work using closed external files or must the external files be opened? Is there a clever way of making that work? Thanks! I know they must be open and I have not found a way to make them work yet. Anyone? Harlan Grove wrote a UDF called PULL that will retrieve the value from a closed workbook. You can fin...

Opening large text files
I have some text files which I want to open in Excel. I use the Text Import Wizard and it works with no problems. As I am going to be doing this a lot, I want to write a macro so I can do it at the press of a button. However, when I try to record the macro and use the Text Import Wizard, I get the error message "Too many lines". After OK'ing the error message, the file is opened properly, but the macro recorder has turned itself off and when I look at what has been recorded it's all in red - obviously an error. Is there a way I can get around this? It's not that there...

Importing invoices???
Hello, Does anybody know how to import or export complete invoice information to/from other software? I'm using Money 2003 Business & Personal or whatever it's called. Would upgrading to 2004 enhance import and export capabilities or change the way invoices work? Thanks, Jeff Phillips ...

deleting a file in VC++ 6.0
Can someone show me how to delete a known file within a VC++ 6.0 MFC app. Thanks An MFC way to do it would be CFile::Remove() http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a9skzxhx(VS.80).aspx Tom "Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:gb%0i.2$R97.0@trndny03... > Can someone show me how to delete a known file within a VC++ 6.0 MFC app. > Thanks > > The same way you delete it in a Win32 app, a console app, a VS2005 app, etc: ::DeleteFile if(!::DeleteFile(pathnamehere)) { /* failed */ DWORD err = ::GetLastError(); ...

import contacts from a *.wab file
I upgraded to Windows 7 and saved my contacts in a *.WAB file. Is there a way to install these in Outlook? Thanks "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4A7E6A3-7B32-4C8A-9D6F-B48903F9073B@microsoft.com... >I upgraded to Windows 7 and saved my contacts in a *.WAB file. Is there a > way to install these in Outlook? > Thanks > > Try Googling: install .wab in outlook John Outlook does not use a WAB file and never has. There is no way you saved Outlook Contacts as a WAB file. Figure out which program you were actually using and ask...

Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup window in order to run integrations for sales orders. Users are not required to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually. They should not have to have that level of access when running integrations. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

[Fwd: Importing Certificates from Thunderbird]
Forwarded from the installation newsgroup. This might be the more appropriate place to find an answer. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Importing Certificates from Thunderbird Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:23:07 GMT From: Nolan Wright <nolan.wright@hp.com> Organization: Hewlett-Packard Company Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.installation Sometimes I need to use Outlook to access an email account, and during the process of setting it up I tried to Backup my certificates from Thunderbird, and then import them into Outlook. Outlook always responds with the following error m...

Enable postings to attach files in question
I suggest that the website enable us to include attachments so that the problems we are experiencing could perhaps be easier to resolve if someone with a solution or a suggestion could actually look at the file in question. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Copying .pst files from one computer to another
I'm trying to save my contacts, inbox, drafts, and sent files as individual .pst files so that I can move them to another computer runnint Outlook. I seem to be successful in saving the files to a CD, but when I try to "import" them on the second machine, I get a message telling me that I don't have permission to the file. What's the fix? Thanks! Phil, is the the old Outlook on an XP machine? I can't even find any .pst files anywhere on mine to try to export to my Vista Windows Mail. Where did you find them ,if you are exporting from Outlook for XP. ...

Something is modifying my Outlook.PST file
I have Outlook installed on both my desktop and laptop. I have been synchronizing the Outlook.PST file between the two quite successfully for years. Lately I have noticed that the synchronization would report that the file had been modified on both PC's even though I know I hadn't opened it on the laptop or even run anything that should be accessing the Outlook.PST file on the laptop. So I started monitoring the situation by regularly looking at the modified time on the files on both machines. So far this morning something has modified the Outlook.PST file on both machines seve...

Store Operations Database Log File 65GB!
This is a fairly new store that runs very few transactions. A few dozen a week, at most. Some weeks might even be in the single digits. The store is less than 6 months old. The PC has an 80GB HD, and it is completely full. A 65GB log file is the culprit. I tried restoring from an earlier day's backup but the problem seems to have existed then, too. I'm hoping to avoid having to go back in time by weeks or months. How can I correct this problem? The system is going to be unusable very soon. Any suggestions as to why I am having this issue and how to avoid it in the futur...

Can't paste image files into email
I have uninstalled the latest windows updates adn used system restore back to when my system was working correctly. I can now cut/paste in office but still cannot in outlook express. Can anyone help us out??? ANy help would be greatly appreciated!! Hello Lee, you wrote on Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:54:22 GMT: > I have uninstalled the latest windows updates adn used system restore back > to when my system was working correctly. I can now cut/paste in office but > still cannot in outlook express. Can anyone help us out??? ANy help would be > greatly appreciated!! This is an ou...

Burning .MTS files to DVD without loss of quality
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel With HD (blu-ray DVD, AVCHD/MTS/M2TS, TS) videos playing a vital role in the digital age, People often shot or record batches of .MTS videos with their beloved HD digital camcorders. What a delightful thing for them is to export those .MTS videos recorded with the memorable moment and save them to hard disk of their computer, portable devices or DVD disc. <br><br>This morning I suddenly met this question from a certain forum "Canon HF10 save video file in Mts formats, few days ago i had christening service of my t...

Word audio files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know how to extract the audio files from MS Word and convert to MP3? They are already MP3, you just need to dig them out of the document. Make a copy of the document and Unzip it. They're in the "media" folder. Having unzipped the document on the Mac, you won't be able to open it again in Word. Cheers On 14/02/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb2d6c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "kcj51@officeformac.com" <kcj51@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operat...

How do I automatically file a sent e-mail
I have just moved over from Lotus Notes (in a corporate environment) and have previoiulsy been given the option when sending an e-mail to save it to any of the folders set up on my account other than the default "sent" folder. Is this option available on Outlook? I know about message rules but that is too restrictive for what I need. Can anyone help as I'm really hacked off with having to rememebr to keep going to my sent folder and refile all my messages. Thanks. Carl <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just moved over from Lotus Notes (in a corpor...

product import utility
I can't figure out exactly how to submit a support request to get the import utility for RMS. Can someone send it to me or do I need to go through MS support? We have about 5000 products we need to enter into the database, and I've read that you can use the utility to import up to about 40000. Thanks, -- ~Ian Any SQL import utility will work. Our favorite is EMS' MS SQL Import http://www.ems-hitech.com/mssqlutils It's not expensive and works better than the QSImport utility from Microsoft. -- Amy Luby, President Mobitech 13430 "L" Street Omaha, NE 68137 4...

Problem with Importing .csv into Excel
Hi, I have a csv file with a number of words (probably 1000-2000) separated by the "|" character. I wanted to import this file into Excel (Office 2003 Excel), so that I could get each word on a separate line so I could paste them into a blank text document. The problem is, when I go to import the .csv file, Excel imports each word into a column heading, & seeing as how it is limited to 256 columns, my file is not fully imported. I see that Excel has a 65000 row limit, which is more then enough, but I cannot see a way to get Excel to import each word as a separate row, rather tha...

importing customer summary data
Hello: This GP 10.0 client is not going to import customer historical data. But, they want the Customer Summary data to be updated and accurate. Is it safe to import this data through Table Import? If not, is it possible to do so through Integration Manager? Thanks! childofthe1980s It's possible todo through Table Import. There is no standard adapter in IM for customer summary data. If you ever run reconcile, you could have a problem because you won't have the transactions to support the summary data. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hell...

question "File -> Send To -> Mail Receipient"
Dear, I am using all English Windows 98 SE, Office 97 Std SR2, IE 6.0 SP1, Netscape 7.2 Netscape Mail is my default MAPI If I open an XLS file in C:\WINDOWS\TEMP , "Sent to mail receipient" is not work. There was becasue the customer direct open an attachment (which must save in %temp%) then "Compose by anther email" without save the file. -david ...

can I import excel cells into word as labels
I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to import into Word as individual labels. can this be done? -- Trial and Error takes too long! Use Mail merge. :) http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into ...

how to import item list into rms pos?
Hi, i have large list of items, how could i import them into RMS? any tools? -Cheng ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=49285b9f-5601-48f0-a664-6928de770384&...

Import pdf files to MS Office and MS Paint
Dear Microsoft Windows Panel, Would like Microsoft Paint to read .pdf files so that it what one of the image files accepted. It would read them as raw bitmap, page after page on the vertical allowing us to choose the percentage of zoom, and 100% being the size of a photocopy papaer. Also it would have a wizard asking us if you wanted to create a folder with an index.html and all the pages in seperate files in your image format of preference. Also one could save any bitmap in pdf format which would center it in a pdf the size of A4, page after page. Thanks. Regards, Daniel Ale...

Importing outlook.pst into Outlook.
My machine was running WinXp os with Office XP suite. I wanted to change my OS to Win2k Pro so I backed up my files including my outlook.pst file to a cd. I reinstalled my OS loaded the Office XP Suite. Now when I open Outlook and try to import my outlook.pst file I get the following message. File access denied. You do not have the permission required to acces the file c:\outlook.pst Using Windows Explorer locate the pst file and then right click on it and choose Properties > uncheck the Read Only checkbox > OK out "Steve Harthun" <steve_harthun@transfreight.com> w...

Help ! Import Items from Excel or Comma Delimited file
Current user of Quicksell 2000 planning on upgrading. I have never used Quicksell to the fullest extent possible but am planning on using RMS to the maximum extent possible. Local partner familiar to RMS but I from reading it seems you might have so more information to help me and him. When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import price updates yearly from suppliers. I have multiple suppliers for one product I will probably use the UPC for the item number. He said I could import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the sup...

Why all my attachments are received as winmail.dat files ?
When I send an attachment using Outlook 2007, the receiving end sees it as a winmail.dat on mobile devices? (i.e i-phones) and therefore can not be opened. The same mobile device receives regular attachments from other users without any problems. roberto huertas wrote: > When I send an attachment using Outlook 2007, the receiving end sees it as a > winmail.dat on mobile devices? (i.e i-phones) and therefore can not be opened. > The same mobile device receives regular attachments from other users without > any problems. Recipients of e-mails with .dat attachments a...