Importing QIF files in Money 2004 produces duplicate transactions

Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files, trnasfers
between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts.
How to fix this problem?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Adrian Guinsburg wrote:

>Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files, trnasfers
>between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts.
>How to fix this problem?

Restore your file to the way it was before import. Then import
again.

This time import all QIF files at once using Ctrl+<click> to select
the QIF files. During the File->Import process there should be a
description of that on the screen.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/30/2004 2:21:41 PM
When I use the Ctrl+<click> to select QIF files it is not possible to select
more than one file at a time. Shit+<click> doesn�t work either.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> escribi� en el mensaje
> In microsoft.public.money, Adrian Guinsburg wrote:
>
>>Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files,
>>trnasfers
>>between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts.
>>How to fix this problem?
>
> Restore your file to the way it was before import. Then import
> again.
>
> This time import all QIF files at once using Ctrl+<click> to select
> the QIF files. During the File->Import process there should be a
> description of that on the screen.

0
amgnsNO (5)
10/1/2004 3:17:17 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Adri�n Guinsburg wrote:

>When I use the Ctrl+<click> to select QIF files it is not possible to select
>more than one file at a time. Shit+<click> doesn�t work either.

Freudian slip?  :-)

I am referring to when you do File->Import which gives you a little
box with a titlebar that says Import. Below that the box says "To
import a Quicken .... To import QIF files(*QIF). select all the
files....".

You have to export the files one at a time. But you import all at
once.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> escribi� en el mensaje
>> In microsoft.public.money, Adrian Guinsburg wrote:
>>
>>>Hi. After importing all my accounts into Money 2004 from QIF files,
>>>trnasfers
>>>between accounts generate duplicated records in related accounts.
>>>How to fix this problem?
>>
>> Restore your file to the way it was before import. Then import
>> again.
>>
>> This time import all QIF files at once using Ctrl+<click> to select
>> the QIF files. During the File->Import process there should be a
>> description of that on the screen.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Cond Format & helper-cell based "duplicate rec" tricked by content
Using 2003 Goal was to use Conditional Format and/or a helper-column cell to isolate duplicated records in a range. The formulas used were: Conditional Format =IF(COUNTIF(Range1, B5)>1,TRUE,FALSE) (Cell turns Yellow) Contigious cell =IF(COUNTIF(Range1,B2)>1,"Duplicate","") All of below cells do NOT have a duplicate thru 7 characters! But XL senses duplicates via both above formulas! M*D9000 M*D5000 M*D0004 M*D0035 M*D0002 Is there a "Bug" in XL that may see the second letter "*" as a wildcard OR stops the compare at "M*" ?...

The query processor could not produce a query plan
SQL 2005 with SP3 Before I added the following view to the SELECT that follows it, the whole thing has always run fine. This view gets all the unique dates from a main table (tblNotices) and one of its subtables (tblNotices_AdjournmentDates) ALTER VIEW [dbo].[vwLatestAdjSaleDates] AS SELECT DISTINCT NoticeID, (SELECT TOP 1 AdjournmentDate FROM dbo.tblNotices_AdjournmentDates WHERE NoticeID = A.NoticeID ORDER BY AdjournmentDate DESC) AS DateOfSale FROM dbo.tblNotices_AdjournmentDates A UNION ALL SELECT NoticeID, DateOfSale FROM dbo.tblNotices WHERE NoticeID NOT IN (SE...

Writing Data to an External File
Hello all, I have an Excel file (userfile.xls) that users make a copy and use it to make analysis. I want to track who uses it and the date that uses the file. I need some help with the code, and the code will be part of Workbook_Open code and will execute when the userfile.xls file is opened. I am looking for the code that will put the username in Cell A1 of Sheet1 in the userfile.xls file. Then it will populate the username and the date (e.g. now()) into an external Excel tracking file (trackfile.xls) under columns A and B for username and date, respectively. If C...

Linking to CSV text files is it safe
Hi If I link to a CSV ( comma seperated value) file does access think of this as a table with records and behave the same way. I was wondering what would happen if you had say 5000 records in a text file and each record had 50 fields Would it be slower than if the 5000 records were in an Access Table. Can anybody give me some info on problems or limits on this type of action. An example of potential problem maybe and could be if the computer over writes the text file with updated data while the database is reading records from it. Any comments most welcome Steve - From a land down under ...

MONEY RUNS SLOWLY
I cannot scroll through my account registers anymore when entering transactions. It seemingly takes forever for MONEY to scroll from one field to the next field. For some reason, my MONEY is runningly exhorbitantly slowly!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I speed it up?? thanks, larry You don't mention any useful information like version or what changed in your environment coincident with the decreased performance. Generally, see http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q4. "FL Kulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote in message news:042c01c3d7be$d2c1cc20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot sc...

How do I make it stop asking "This file was created..."
Hello all, I have a situation where the client is using Office 97. One of our team used 2000 or later to work on the application. I have 97 loaded at home. Every time I save it it warns about the features that may be lost. How do I save it so that when we deliver it it does not continually trouble the client with this message? Thank You, -plh -- I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here! Don't save a 97. Just SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "plh" <plh_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:e2de7l02lhk@drn.newsguy.com....

does office 97 produce Genograms
hi can any tell me if 97 has templates for genograms Genograms aren't too tough to construct. Time and patience is basically all you need. A nice example is here: http://www.genopro.com/genogram/ -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Gordon" <gordon.alsopp@ntlworld.com[gandalf]> wrote in message news:C213D7E3-432B-48E4-97AF-0947A7482C4E@microsoft.com... > hi can any tell me if 97 has templates for genograms ...

Money 04 convert from quicken-where's the online reconciliation?
I just switched from quicken 2003 to money 2004 and I can't find the option to reconcile my accounts to online balances - only paper balances. I have checked the owner's manual and microsoft's web help. Am I missing something? I will be back to quicken in a second if I have to reconcile to a paper statement (which my bank and brokerage no longer send). Thanks Glenn "Glenn" <uggb123@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d3032c78.0411201836.399139fc@posting.google.com... > I just switched from quicken 2003 to money 2004 and I can't find the > option to reco...

SchedulePlusFreeBusy
Hello, I am running exchange 2000 SP3 and I am receiving daily the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine SERVER1. The error number is 0x80040005. I have re-installed the public store from scratch but I am still getting the same error. Any ideas? Thanks, Frank van Niele. Hello, Did you find solution to this problem? I have the same... with Ex2k3 SP1... Regards... "Frank van Niele" wrote: > H...

Why is my Money Home page blank and not configurable?
Trying to use MS Money 2008(?) or Money Plus Deluxe and switch from Quicken 2006. After converting quicken file to mny database and opening in Money, why is the Money home page blank from the top inch or so down, where the scroll bar is? In microsoft.public.money, sjuhawk wrote: >Trying to use MS Money 2008(?) or Money Plus Deluxe and switch from Quicken >2006. After converting quicken file to mny database and opening in Money, why >is the Money home page blank from the top inch or so down, where the scroll >bar is? Can you see CustomizeContentOrLayout on the right near th...

Re-install Money 2000
After a dammage to my disk, I re-install Money 2000. My backup was protected by password. When I restore my backup, I have this message : "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. This file cannot be opened with this version of Money." Why??? My guess is that either your locale or file is a French one. See this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/98.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Micr...

How do I change the default # of copies to 1 in a specific file?
I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies instead of 1. How can I change this default back for this file only? Thank you! You might find something under Page Setup, Options. This varies with the printer driver but in my case I found the copies controlled under Advanced options for my driver. -- Jim "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:844371DA-E283-4D3D-ADFB-8A53B098C496@microsoft.com... |I have a file created by another user that is defaulting to print 7 copies | instead of 1. How can I change this default...

Deploy VBA form at client workstation without via importing package method
Dear all, i'm newbie to GP10. And, i have add in some vba script in the SOP entry form at the GP10 server without changing or adding any fields on the existing form. Just the vba script which are checking some info and the VBA script was placed in XXX_AfterLostFocus events. Is there any way i can deploy the update SOP form with VBA into my 10 unit of client workstation without using Importing package method. btw, my GP launch file setting is point to local machine. Pls advice, thanks in advance rgds-Jason Jason, If this is the only customizations you have in your network, you can copy ...

problems with the .bsc file
Hi, I have a project that has a strange behavior. I turned on both options "generate browse info" and "build browse info file" for this project. If I hit the F12 key for "Go to definition" over a variable, I get a dialog box telling me that "Browse information is not available for this project. Do you want your build setting altered (if necessary) and your project rebuilt to generate browse info?". After hitting "yes", sometimes another dialog box says "the project's .bsc ... cannot open file. File not found". And it ...

bringing a Publisher 2000 file into 2003
I brought in a file created in Publisher 2000 and the charts (pie, bar, etc.) now have values that are printing on top of each other, stretch as if justified (they aren't), and just look different. Same printer, font, size as before. Tried inserting as picture, same results. What do I need to do to get them looking like they were in 2000? I'm sure there is an explanation but I can't find it in help. Thanks in advance for any and all help. How large is the file? Can you send it to me so I can take a look? Is the text wrapping correctly? Select a picture, right-click, format p...

Save & Save As features in file menu of Excel
The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dropdown menu are not highlighted in Excel 2003. How do i restore the capability to save my work in Excel. Only way I can do it now is to close the program and wait for a prompt to save the file. I double checked to see if any features were inadvertently disabled on the "About Microsoft Excel" help tab, nothing was listed. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Blue wrote: > The save button and both "save" & "save as" options in file dro...

Permissions set on Word files differ from other permissions
We have a peer-to-peer network in Windows XP Pro. On ONE of our computers, Word documents do not get the same permissions for sharing that all other files get, or that all files on all other computers get. As a result, we can't copy Word files from this one computer. That computer is set to give "Everyone" "Full Control"; yet the individual Word files keep getting set to NOT give "Everyone" "Full Control". Why would Word override the other security settings, and how can I make it stop? ...

CRM to CRM data import
I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM system from an existing MS CRM. We wanted to change the main Organization Unit but found out that its not possible, now we are trying to get another instance up and import data from old instance. Any comments/help? Thanks Unfortunately, you need to use the CRM Data Migration Framework. Mike "Farooq" <farooq@managepoint.com> wrote in message news:%23egr8Dl%23DHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM > system from an existing MS CRM. ...

Money Plus Deluxe suddenly cannot find internet connection
Hi, I've been emailing MS about the fact I did get attacked by spyware, used Spybot Search and Destroy to rid me of the pest , but I somehow lost the ability to logon with Money to update accounts, I get " first go online to verify account . Reset pass. Cleared IE files cookies, Restart, tried again, same result NADA. Has anyone encountereda problem like this or near. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Dave (davinci) Youhas -- Finding solutions to problems Try reinstalling the Money programme. The Spyware cleanout could have been over aggressive and removed Money components....

File details etc.
Hello, In windows explorer (XP) you can rightclick the columnbar for fileproperties and display things like: title, subject,owner etc. Which function can i use to write or read those file values ? I looked at MSDN and googled a lot , but could not find anything usefull. Please help. here's an article that'll help you. http://www.codeproject.com/file/SummInfoPropSetFile.asp -SM On 30 sep, 21:11, Seetharam <smi...@gmail.com> wrote: > here's an article that'll help you. > > http://www.codeproject.com/file/SummInfoPropSetFile.asp > > -SM Thanks! It w...

Adding records, duplicate found but can't delete it.
I have a simple DB, one table named "Students". The table has three fields: studentID (unique, no duplicates, primary key) firstName (obvious use) lastName (obvious use) I enter data and all seems to be well until I enter a duplicate studentID. Of course, Access (2003 & 2007) complains about the duplicate and prompts me to change the duplicate field. No problem. However, if I don't want to change the "bad" record but only want to "delete" it and work on some other records already in the table, Access will not let me do this. I must click on the tabl...

Integration Manager 10.0 Import Invoice Entry
Hi there, I am trying to import invoice entries from an external application (MYOB) into the invoice entry section of GP 10.0. IM seems to have GP destinations for Sales Order Transactions but not invoice entries. I thought I might get around this by using the direct to table adapter but this destination adapter appears to have been removed from IM 10.0. Does anyone know how to import data into invoice entries (Transactions-Sales-Invoice Entry) into GP 10.0? alternatively is there some way to use a direct to table adapter with IM 10.0? Thanks I've never used Direct to table, so I...

open pdf files in publisher
I have sent someone a zipped pdf document which I produced and which has been sent to others without problems. A new person however is receiving the message 'cannot open file.Not a publisher file.' The file I sent unzipped and they could read it, but I need to send a lot of larger files so need to zip them. They are using aol - which usually unzips automatically. What can be the problem Hope someone can help Hillobeans A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Hillobeans <Hillobeans@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have sent ...

!!!!error adding file to note, 80004005
Hi, currently we are getting an error trying to add and read a file from notes in every area in CRM. The errro was hard to find, but as it appeared the code of an error is 0x80004005. Trying to download on attach a file to note ends with information: "There was a problem trying to connect the CRM serwer. Serwer can be unavailable. Try again later or contact your administrator.". There is no problem in running a query on AnnotationBase, what we firstly though was the problem. Also files size is in upload limit of CRM. It seems that CRM has no access to some library, which is used to o...

Convert multiple XLS files to TXT
I need to convert hundreds of XLS files to TXT. I am aware of File/Save-as and I also tried written a macro. Neither solution is workable even the number of files I have to convert. Does Excel have a mass convert utility? One possibility is to loop through all the files and convert the extension from .xls to .txt. Try: Sub ChangeXLStoTXT() 'Based on some old code from me 'with modifications from Dave Peterson Dim MyFolder As String Dim NewName As String Dim i As Long MyFolder = "C:\Program Files\ztest" '<----Change Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Appli...