Importing ofx file

I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account
information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working
and I have to manually import the file into money. Not a big deal, but an
annoyance just the same.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this?

tia
dennisd

0
djd1 (3)
2/10/2009 12:20:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In message <QK3kl.3776$rt3.617@newsfe15.iad>, dennis <djd@home.net>
writes
>I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account
>information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working
>and I have to manually import the file into money. Not a big deal, but an
>annoyance just the same.
>
>Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this?
>
>tia
>dennisd

In My Computer->Tools->Folder Options
File Types Tab
Extension "OFX" (Highlight)
"Advanced" Button
Action should show "Open"

If it does click Advanced Tab
Should show something like:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyimprt.exe" %1
(exact path will depend on where your Money installation folder is)
"Use DDE" checkbox ticked.

Hope this helps
--
Martin Beenham (martin dot beenham at hotmail dot co dot uk)
0

Publisher files have extension ".bcf"
Some of my file that were created in Publisher 2000 now have the extension ".bcf" and cannot be opened by Publisher. I have other files in the same directory that have the proper ".pub" extension. What is ".bcf" and can it be fixed? Have no clue what would change a .pub to a .bcf http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=bcf -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFE96DF4-B6A7-4CB3-9750-90B3D41D82B8@microsoft.co...

Importing exporting Distribution lists
Hi I have just gotten outlook 2003. I am trying to export a lengthy distribution list to a coworker. I can copy it into a text file as an attachment but I am trying to avoid entering the all the information over. The recepient has outlook also either 2002 or 2003. How do I import export this Sharon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi I have just gotten outlook 2003. I am trying to export a lengthy > distribution list to a coworker. I can copy it into a text file as an > attachment but I am trying to avoid entering the all the information > over. The recepient ...

Outlook pst files linked.
Have built a new PC using Windows Vista and Office 2003. By default, the ..pst file is located under the "users" folder. I was attempting to change this to a C:\MyEmail directory. However, while doing this, I now have 2 email connections in the "All Mail Folders" area but both connected to the same .pst file. Both are called the same name and the folders and emails are identical. When I select either email connection, the Close "Peter" option is not enabled. The email functionality still works correctly. I have removed Outlook from the PC &a...

copy an existing Layout into another PPT file
Hello, In Office 2007, how to copy an existing layout model say L1 (of file F1) into the file F2). so that, it is possible to apply the layout L1 in file F2. please clarify. Thanks, > In Office 2007, how to copy an existing layout model say L1 (of file F1) > into the file F2). > > so that, it is possible to apply the layout L1 in file F2. Open both files in master view. In the preview pane on the left side of the screen right-click on the layout, chose Copy. In the other file, right-click between the two existing layouts, chose Insert. Return to Norm...

Folder and File Permisions
OS Win server2003 R2 We have a file server with Folders\Subfolder1\subfolder2 I need to lock down these folder structures as : 1 - Only Administrators can create , move or delete "Folders" , "Subfolder1" and "Subfolder2" 2 - Non admin members may not delete or move "Folders" , "Subfolder1" and "Subfolder2" , bur they do have read permisions. 3 - Users can only create folders and files in "Subfolder2" 4 - Uses may edit files but not delete files in "Subfolder2" Is this possible ? If so how? In NT4...

HELP! My Outlook backup.pst file wants a password that doesn't exi
My system lost stability and I did the full restore DVD. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and attempted to open my backup.pst file but it asks for a password. It doesn't let me advance leaving it blank and it doesn't accept my POP3 email password. When I created the file I left the password field blank. I am able to get to my email through the web client and by setting up a new POP3 account in 2007 but i can't access any of my old emails some of which I really need. How can I get my emails? "Jeff Meeusen" <JeffMeeusen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Import From Eudora
I have users who we are trying to convert from Eudora to Outlook 2000 or XP. Some of the pcs I am receiving an import error: The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close and try again. Nothing else is running. And I have succesfully convert a few users using the import eudora method. I can import Mail Settings but not messages and addresses. Thanks for any help. ...

Importing *pst into Outlook XP
Hi, I have Windows XP Pro where Office XP Standard is installed on an earlier Office 2000 Pro (Currently: Access from 2000 and remaining programmes from Office XP available). The problem I encountered is this: Nothing happens when I click on import from another program or file (*.pst). Everything else on the computer is working excellently. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Got help! Knowledge Base-artikel - 288869. I am smiling again! Thanks for reading. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, I have Windows XP Pro where Office XP Standard is >installed on an earlier Office 2...

Converting .pdf files to excel
Is there a software out there that can convert .pdf files to excel files? ...

Encoding a portion of a file

Unable to read file.
Hi, I am unable to open an Excel file that I have used weekly for the past 7 years. I get the message "unable to read file". All other Excel files appear to be behaving themselves. Can someone help please. JM Do you know anyone that has Excel XP or Excel 2003, as these have detect and repair options that may fix this for you. Also, you can try the free download OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org (60MB though), as the Spreadsheet element of that suite OpenOffice.Calc will also open many Excel files that Excel can't. Failing that, if it's not too big a file (Anything up ...

File Not Found error #2
Excel 2000 Do you know why the annoying "File Not Found" dialog box shows up? This sort of thing happens when I move a few of the work sheets out of my main spreadsheet, which contains about 25 worksheets. In other words, I create a smaller file by exporting just 3 worksheets that are part of a large file that contains about 25 worksheets. If I click the "X" (File Close) button several times, the annoying dialog boxes finally go away, only to re-appear the next time I open the small file. The worksheets that I want to use to create the small file were o...

VB File Save
I have an Excel 97 workbook that produces a sheet of cheque-print data. I have a VB macro that reads data from a text file from another application into the workbook, and another VB Macro that saves data on this sheet to a comma-delimited text file (for input to Word for cheque printing). I currently have the file paths for the text files hard-coded into the VB macro. I would like to be able to select the paths from a standard Windows File Open and File Save box, but the only option I can find is to enter the path in an InputBox, which is not very good. Can this be done? Thanks John A...

change opportunity step name filed to custom entry??
we want to remove the workflow process from our opportunity section. to do this we would like to have the step name field being fed by a custom field that i created, and currently being used by the sales staff. any ideas?? crm 3.0 on server 2003 sp2 --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- ...

Get the following error 'Publisher Unable to open File' in MS Pub
I'm currently working on this months magazine for my local sports association. I have saved the file shut down my PC restared and troed to open the file when i attempt this i get the following error message. Publisher unable to open file.. Can anyone help or know what is stopping me from opening this file i succesfully open other publisher files but cannot open this months edition.. I dont really fancy starting from stratch! -- Matt Owner MSE IT www.mse-it.co.uk Which version of Publisher are you using? You are welcome to send it to me and I'll see if I can open it. -- Jo...

Signatures on Messages sent through Word using File/Send To/Mail Recipient
I have signatures set up on my Outlook account, but am inconsistently getting signatures on the messages I send. This morning, I copied a signature to the end of my document in Outlook because nothing was there, and when I reviewed the document after it was sent, it included 2 signatures, instead of one. What should I check? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Barb Reinhardt ...

file transfer to pocket pc
Is there a size limit of an excel file when transfering to a pocket PC. I have a file with many sheets and only the first 4 to 5 sheet will transfer to hand held. Mobile 2003 2nd addition. -- Thank you ! Ben It may be more a size issue than sheets. I just transferred a 16 sheet workbook across fine, but it had next to no data in Bear in mind too the Excel for PPC grid is only 16384x256 meaning sheets that use more than that may not transfer at all. If you want to send me a test file I'll give it a go PPC2003 1st Ed -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nic...

money 2004 data file disappears
Windows XP NTFS file system My data file disappeared have backup but am concerned about cause. Ran chkdsk and no errors found. Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, msnews.microsoft.com wrote: >Windows XP >NTFS file system >My data file disappeared have backup but am concerned about cause. >Ran chkdsk and no errors found. >Any help would be appreciated. > Make an extra copy of your backup on other media. Do a Start->Search of your drives for *.mny files. Cal Learner-- MVP wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, msnews.microsoft.com wrote: > &...

Made a compiled HTML help file; now how to use it?
I've created the example MFC program with help features and tried to use the same techniques in my program. So I added an ID to Help->Help Contexts on my menu and added the line ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_CONTENTS, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) to my MainFrm. So now when I click the Help menu, it looks for \Debug\Coil.HLP or \Release\Coil.HLP. There are two things wrong with that. I want it to look in the root directory, not the special build directory. I guess that can be changed in the program configuration options, but how do I get it to look for a .chm file instead of .HLP? I made my c...

Excel to Excel Import and Data Mapping
I have a question and I haven't quite been able to find the answer. I have an excel spreadsheet....It has 4 colums and each row has data: Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Data1 Data2 Data3 Data4 I have a second excel spreadsheet that only has two colums and no rows of data: ColA ColB What I want to do is import the data in Col1 and Col3 in my first spreadsheet into ColA and ColB...so not only do I want to "import" the data I need to be able to map the columns. So far, all I've been able to do is import all four columns into my second spreadsheet. Yes..cut and ...

copy file via Access VBA
How can I make a copy of C:\Source\test.txt to C:\CopyLoc\ but if test.txt already exist in C:\CopyLoc\ not to do anything. Thanks, Dan hi Dan, On 18.03.2010 11:10, Dan wrote: > How can I make a copy of C:\Source\test.txt to C:\CopyLoc\ > but if test.txt already exist in C:\CopyLoc\ not to do anything. Use this Win32 API function: Public Declare Function CopyFile Lib "kernel32" Alias "CopyFileA" ( _ ByVal AExistingFileName As String, _ ByVal ANewFileName As String, _ ByVal AFailIfExists As Boolean _ ) As Boolean Copy it in ...

CPS files
i have been sent a picture, supposedly, which has the file extension CPS. I cannot find any software to open it, but believe it might be an old corel file. The file was last used in 1999! Thanks Not Corel, this site has all the file extensions. http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=cps -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Frin" <Frin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20B8916-004E-4EFC-8F62-A0DC42B47B7D@microsoft.com... >i have been sent a picture, supposedly, which has the file ext...

Converting .snp files
Does anyone know how to convert snapshot files (.snp) to any sort of file (besides .PDF) that can be manipulated such as Word, Excel, or even Notepad? ...

Copy pst file
I just bought a new PC. I wabt to copy my Outlook 2003 data from my old PC to the new one. I copied my pst file, it webt fine. However, when I went to send an email, I noticed I didn;t have any contacts? Any suggestions? Clarify your post. How did you "copy" your PST? How did you configure the new installation to use it? Is your Contacts Folder empty or only your Outlook Address Book? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212d01c52c8b$f21fbe10$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I just bought a new PC. I wabt to co...

cannot send excel 07 files to anyone that does not have excel 2007
cannot send excel 07 files to anyone that does not have excel 2007 how do i get this file to them cannot convert to PDF does not work- adobe does not support this file is the error i get Have you tried saving as Excel 2003? -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "cb" wrote: > cannot send excel 07 files to anyone that does not have excel 2007 > how do i get this file to them > cannot convert to PDF does not work- adobe does not support this file is the > error i get I dont have excel 2003 in my computer the2000 version dissapeared other 2000 office is fine except excel is not...