IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES

I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried
importing files but all tranfers between accounts are
duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the
accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and
imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts
is duplicated.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/20/2003 5:58:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select
multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if
investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this
subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com.

"JAYNE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried
> importing files but all tranfers between accounts are
> duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the
> accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and
> imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts
> is duplicated.

Why not just File/Open the old file with new Money?

--

Joe Norton

"JAYNE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried
> importing files but all tranfers between accounts are
> duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the
> accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and
> imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts
> is duplicated.

It would not convert the file. Errored and tried salvage
utility with no luck

0
anonymous (74722)
11/21/2003 3:45:50 AM
When I tried with multiple files, it seemed to be
working, then it froze. When I opened the file back up,
it was missing large amounts of transactions. When I
tried to open accounts, it kept asking me for an opening
balance on another account?
I tried a test just importing that account, and it froze,
so maybe something is wrong with that account.
Unfortunately it is my Cash account with huges qtys of
transactions.

0
anonymous (74722)

Money Plus Deluxe Closed Investment Problem
Hello ... A closed CD - Certificate of Deposit - shows holdings in the Account Summary. This account was closed on 7/12/2008 - a new CD was purchased and the interest was tranferred to checking. Both the Investment and Cash transactions show $0.00. Only the Account Summary shows a grayed-out gain amount - same as the total interest. None of my other CD investments shows an amount in the Account Summary. I have worked with Money since 1994 and recently upgraded from Money Deluxe 2007 to Money Plus Deluxe. Thanks. None of my other CLOSED CD investments shows an amount in the Acco...

Money 2003 Scheduled Bills
Have setup some bills under "scheduled Bills" both current and past due. Under "Manage scheduled bills and deposits" the vendor is listed one time and past due bills are listed under vendor in red as # of occurences past due. I'm trying to get a displayed list (report) of all bills (accounts payable) for each month that have not been paid. This includes a multiple listing for a vendor if oustanding bills still unpaid. Have not been able to create a report that shows this information with totals past due. Is there a way to do this in Money? I have tried to ...

Conversion from UK money file to US money file
Hi I'm now living in the US having moved over from the UK, but I still do some UK banking transactions. I'd like to use a US money edition to take advantage of the direct download functions for my US bank accounts, but when I downloaded the US deluxe 2006 trial edition it has refused to convert my 2005 UK money file. Anyone know any way I can do this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, DullingWine wrote: >I'm now living in the US having moved over from the UK, but I still do some >UK banking transactions. I'd like to use a US money edition to take >advantag...

file attachments #2
Outlook is blocking me from reading word and exel files which were attached to an e mail I received. This happens every time. It appears that it is a security issue but I cannot get to the bottom of this problem. Plerase help!!!! Arthur Volk <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook is blocking me from reading word and exel files > which were attached to an e mail I received. This happens > every time. It appears that it is a security issue but I > cannot get to the bottom of this problem. Plerase help!!!! Google is your friend. This question has been aske...

Display File As field insted of Full Name
I'm using Outllok 2000, I have stored my contacts on a contact folder which is shown as an e-mail Address Book. The field Full Name (ex John Smith) and the field File As (ex Johnny) are different beacause I want to use the field File As as a more friendly to use field. I have chosen for the names in the Address book to be sorted by the File As field. When I insert a name from that list as a message recipient the name which I have chosen is shown (ex In the "To" field an underlined "Johnny" is shown). But when I sent the mail the Full Name (John Smith) appeares on the ...

Importing emails
I am using outlook express to import e-mails from outlook. When I open the importer, I get a "messages cannot be imported from MAPI client an error has ocurred" error. any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John ...

Excel files not opening
Double click on a word or other doc on the desktop, opens word and the file, nop probs Do the same thin on an excel doc, excel opens ok, but the file does not?!?!?! To open the file i need to go, file, open, whatever.xls Happens on all excel files Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' >-----Original Message----- >Double click on a word or other doc on the desktop, opens word and the file, >nop probs >Do the same thin on an excel doc, excel opens ok, but the file does >not?!?!?! To open the file i need to go, file, o...

Error while opening an excel file without having saved it
This error is coming when I try to open directly an extracted excel file without having saved it. Why ??? ''A DDE error has occured and a description of the error cannot be displayed because it is too long. If the filename or path is long, try remaining the file or copying it to a different folder'' On Apr 15, 11:13=A0pm, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Thiserroris coming when I try toopendirectly an extractedexcelfile > without having saved it. Why ??? > > ''A DDEerrorhas occured and a description of theerrorcannot be displayed...

Money Plus locks up when balancing accounts
When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and click next, the program locks up. curtins4u <curtins4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I balance savings account, the interest earned field, where you enter >the date, beginning balance and ending balance, is grayed out. When I clear >an interest transaction, or when I finally get the account to balance and >click next, the program locks u...

URGENT! Is it possible to import pst calendar into Exchange 5.5
Hi, I have an exchange 5.5 mailbox that has a corrupted calendar. I have a backup of this calandar (before corruption) in the form of an Outlook 2000 pst file. My problem is, that Outlook import/export will only let me import the pst file as a personal folder which can't be shared with other Outlook/exchange users. How can I correct this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. you can import it into a personal file then move everything into the mailbox and remove the personal folder after. I have done this with messages not sure if it will work with a cal but worth a shot. &...

Formatting text to Conform to Standard Entry
I presently have a huge list of names in an excel file that is used t create various performance reporting for those users via SAS. Th problem lies in that there are many different formats that the name are appearing, i.e., Smith, John JOHN SMITH, John Smith, etc. Is there any way to program a fix for these fields so that I can get t a Last Name, First Name field format? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com what id do is make a copy of the sheet in the same workbook then use the function Excel Data ---> text to columns choose delimiters (tab and space) click 'treat con...

reduce file size of .tiff images for a publication
How can you reduce the file size of a .tiff image without losing the resolution? Can it be done using MS Office Picture Manager. I know I can resize and compress, just not sure which one if either to use. Either will print fine. The reason JPEG's are so small is because when you save an image, or document, as a JPEG a bit of the image is actually deleted. Every time a JPEG gets saved progressively more data is deleted. If you do need to save images as JPEG's always use the highest quality setting. This causes the minimal amount of data loss and still provides a decent amount ...

Money Keeps Downloading Full Account History
I have archived all my Money Data prior to 1/1/2008 into an old file. However, Money keeps populating my Account Registers (only for certain accounts and only once in a while) with the full history from the account. For example, right now, I have 527 transactions to review with 500 or so being from before 1/1/2008. Is there a setting I have set incorrectly? Is there something wrong? Any way I can fix this? Brad The basic problem is that you have archived! If not too far down the track I suggest that you revert to using the archived file, which is just a copy of your .mny at t...

Timesheet Entry Error
Hello everyone, Has anyone come across the following error message when a user attempts to add a timesheet within Great Plains 8.0? The error is "You cannot use a salary pay code for employees who are paid by the hour." I cannot seem to find our where the system sets the user up as hourly. They seem to be setup the same way as every other user. When a user who is not having an issue enters time, a default pay code is entered into each line item. For this user, only the department and position prefills not the pay code. This project / contract is open, the user is assigne...

Select Excel files by formula
Each of my Excel file names is a customer's last name. I print reports with the customer name down the left side and information about that customer (for example: has a certain task been completed by the forecast date?) in multiple columns to the right of the customer name. Each column has a formula similar to the one below: =IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $B$12="failed","F",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'! $N$28<>"?","---------",IF('[Smith.xls]Buyer Progress Record'!$M$28<$AA$2,"! ! ! ! !&...

Can the mail store be on a file server?
the different mail stores for different departments be in different places? Our Exchange 2003 Server is in California and our Virginia employees (only about 10) need to connect. They can connect now but theres a pretty crappy lagtime. Can the mail store for those people be placed out there or is that not feasible? DJK Hi, You can install an exchange server in Virginia and move their mailboxes to this new server. Exchange stores can't be seperated from exchange server. Leif "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uCBmKOnMGHA.9...

Shrinking a transaction log file
Hi, I am trying to better understand how and what happens when shrinking a transaction log file. We use SQL Server 2005 and I have been asked to set the size of a database to 40MB, then if the database grows in size have it over write the data. What really needs to happen, or so it seems, is shut off auto-growth, run a database back up, then shrink the database. When shrinking the database what does that really mean? I have found that shrinking the database removes any inactive files, but what does that really do? If I needed to restore an old backup that has shrunk, would...

Copying excel file to word
I have an excel file that i must fit onto an 11x8.5. In excel i can just shrink the page to 45%, but when i copy the table into word it is too big. Is there a way to shrink the data to fit Select the area in the worksheet that you want to copy. While holding down the SHIFT key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture and do the copy. In Word, just paste. You have just pasted a picture in Word. Because it is just a picture you can move it, re-size it or rotate it to your satisfaction. Have a good day -- Gary's Student "Gary" wrote: > I have an excel file that i must fit...

Import Complete does nothing
I am importing ofx files from various financial institutions. I get the message the the import is complete, but Money does nothing after that. Any one know what is going on here? Also, does any one know the folder path of where the ofx file is saved when importing. I am using vista and I think I have to "trust" the program or something similiar. Any help is appreciated. ...

Newbie Order-Entry Macro
I'm trying to duplicate a number of rows depending upon the number inputed in a mesg. box. I created a calendar in excel and need the rows duplicated X amount of times until the end of the calendar year. Any help would greatly be appreciated. S M T W TH F S 1/2 1/4 1/5 1/6 1/7 1/7 1/8 1/9 1/10 1/11 1/12 1/13 1/14 1/15 Thanks, Mike Hi, if you do not get a response from here, send your file to excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au See my stuff at: http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway Allow up to a week for a possible solution - Mark E. Philpot >-----Original Message----- >I'm...

Need help regarding file system
Hi, I'm trying to set up something like a personal firewall and want my app to detect when a file is moving around. One of the thing I want is to hook into any attempts to write to CD; when this happens I want an opportunity to examine the files involved, based on which I want to allow or disallow the CD write. I'm willing to go down to the driver level if required, but I'd obviously prefer a solution at the application level. Plz reply soon. regds vinay sheel vinays@aditi.com ...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Reduce file size.
My file was 90Kb before I formated some cells and when I saved it, the size jumped to 180kb. Double What I think happened is instead of formatting only 5 cells, by mistake I formatted 5000 cells. But they're still all empty, so does it matter Is there any way I can reduce the size back to 90Kb or so, because I copy this file on my pocket PC and can't afford to waste any memory Thanks! "Guido" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FF56E06-1092-4124-9B7D-D3A10F448AE2@microsoft.com... > My file was 90Kb before I formated some cells and when I...

Payee Name Variation Problem with Money 2005 Standard
I have payee name variations established for various payees that I often see in the transactions that I download. For example, 'A & P' for 'AandP' and 'Wendy's' for 'Wendy S Downtown'. When I view the list of transactions in my account list, the Payee column never shows my preferred payee name. However, if I then click on the "Edit" button on the transaction form, the preferred payee name appears in the payee box. Thinking that I have somehow helped it remember the preferred payee name, I click on "Accept" or "Enter" only...

No sound from DVDs after I did MS updates. Sound on FILES still wo
In the past, I could play both DVDs and .wmv files on my computer, on Media Player. This week I did various updates from the "Microsoft Updates" site (updates NOT related to Media Player). Now suddenly, I have no audio on DVDs. My .wmv files still play fine, so the problem is not my headphones nor my sound system. And on DVDs, the video works fine, but there is no audio. I recall this happened once before, after I did MS updates, but I forget how I fixed it. I am using: Windows XP Home Windows Media Player 11 From Media Player, I did "Check for Updates,"...