IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES

I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried
importing files but all tranfers between accounts are
duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the
accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and
imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts
is duplicated.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/20/2003 5:58:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select
multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if
investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this
subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com.

"JAYNE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried
> importing files but all tranfers between accounts are
> duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the
> accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and
> imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts
> is duplicated.

Why not just File/Open the old file with new Money?

--

Joe Norton

"JAYNE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried
> importing files but all tranfers between accounts are
> duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the
> accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and
> imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts
> is duplicated.

It would not convert the file. Errored and tried salvage
utility with no luck

0
anonymous (74722)
11/21/2003 3:45:50 AM
When I tried with multiple files, it seemed to be
working, then it froze. When I opened the file back up,
it was missing large amounts of transactions. When I
tried to open accounts, it kept asking me for an opening
balance on another account?
I tried a test just importing that account, and it froze,
so maybe something is wrong with that account.
Unfortunately it is my Cash account with huges qtys of
transactions.

0
anonymous (74722)

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

How to import 401k/403b transactions
Hi Group: I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what I could do to import 401k/403b transaction? I do get position, but not individual transaction thanks We need more information from you: what version of Money? From where are you trying to import? How? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Jinsong Liu" <jliu@waveseeker.com> wrote in message news:4ihuk09mbufibv48b472d0n80mnn5fqhco@4ax.com... > Hi Group: > > I have tried everything I could, but I am still unable to import > 401k/403b transaction. Anyone know what...

Two Questions Regarding Bills
In Money 2006, if you have a recurring deposit every two weeks set in the "Bills Summary" it would show both occurrences for the month. I have currently have Bill Settings set to 45 days and I can still only displays one occurrence of the deposit at a time. How can I fix this to properly show both deposits? Secondly, is there any way to print the "View bills and deposits on the calendar" view? I would like a hard copy of each month's calendar of bills and deposits. Thanks for any help!! ...

Importing Scanned Document
I'M TRYING TO IMPORT A SCANNED DOCUMENT INTO MICROSOFT EXCEL AND CAN'T. I'M USING HP LASERJET ALL IN ONE AND WINDOWS XP. CAN SOMEONE GUIDE ME IF THIS CAN BE DONE. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Your best bet is to use the Scanner's OCR feature to scan to a Text(*.txt) file then open that in Excel and let the Text to Columns Wizard do the work. I have an HP Scanjet 4300C and the HP OCR does not too bad a job with most font types when scanning. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:20:33 -0600, lyman <lyman.z4nvm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrot...

xlsx file opens blank
Not sure when it happened or if it's always like this. Upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Set everyone up to save to XLS by default, since most people can't use or view the XLSX crap. So, one customer mails us an XLSX file. This lady tries to open it and it opens blank. So, we're sitting at the Excel screen with a light blue background as if no file was opened. Yet, someone else was able to open the same file just fine. Any ideas? Did you try maximizing the document? I've had that happen to me if I have multiple files open, arrange to view all, then c...

Data Entry Form and Subform problems
Hi, I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, it's not working out as planned. I have two tables: tblAccount [AccountID] (PK) [DefaultAddressID] ....more fields tblAddress [AccountID] (Combined PK) [AddressID] (Combined PK) .... more fields tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary key of AccountID and AddressID. tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field. tblDefaultAddre...

Opening excel files
Hi everyone If I open an excel document from my documents, or other location, excel opens but then the file does not open. I can open excel files from excel and using the open command. but not staright from my documents. Any ideas? thanks Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the win...

Purchase new home procedure with Money 2007
What is the best way to record the purchase of a new home? I am sure this is 'documented' somewhere but would like some detailed steps on what to do - like what/how to record all the fees for the buy, asset account, transferring items to that account, loan amount, etc. Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? Tom -- See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=23 for some insights. "Tom Simpson" <tom@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OP8MLttKIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Anyone got a more or less detailed list of what to do? ...

Can't Print Money 2004 Report
Can some kind soul please tell me how to print a year end report on Money 2004, listing All transactions by payees and all deposits. Thanks Ray In microsoft.public.money, R wrote: >Can some kind soul please tell me how to print a year end report on Money >2004, listing All transactions by payees and all deposits. I would start with the Account Transactions report. Customize, checking each tab for your preferences. In particular, on the Rows&Columns tab, I would select to SubtotalBy:Payee. Set the Date to Previous Year. You can sort by clicking column headings. To print, right-...

converting to UNICODE, _TCHAR and TCHAR, writing text files
Hi, i'm converting a MFC application to support unicode. I have some (probably noob) questions: - What is the difference between the types _TCHAR and TCHAR ? I see some UNICODE applications use _TCHAR and others TCHAR. - I have to convert the way textfiles are written. These text-files are send to machines using parallel port, so they have to stay the same as before (when my application had no _UNICODE preprocessor definition). The commands that are used to write these files are fputs, fopen, etc. When changing it to support wide characters are the textfiles still the same? example (_U...

Investment Account will not Delete
Hello, I have an ING account that I no longer use and is closed now. If I try to close or delete the account when I come back into Money another appears. I now have several ING Investment Accounts listed in Money (i.e. ING Direct Investment #1, #2, #3, etc) due to my multiple attempts to remove or even close so it would not show up. Any idea on how to fix this bug in Money 2007 Premium. My version is 16.0.125.1303. Thanks for any help in advance! In microsoft.public.money, Steven wrote: > >I have an ING account that I no longer use and is closed now. If I try to >c...

Money 2004
I click on getting started to start e-filing my federal income tax in Money 2004 and it takes me to a webpage on H&R Block's website that says not authorized. What's up with that? ...

HOW TO redirect stderr to a file??? (freopen NOT supported)
Hi i'm doing a porting from an application console for win32 to pocketpc 2002, this applicancion have a lot of call to function similar to those: fprintf(stderr, "%s: Unknown error\n", msg); ................. ................. fprintf(stderr, "dropping packet #%u\n", seqno); ................ i want to preserve those functions and redirect stderr to a file but pocketpc sdk and EVC30 doe not support the function "freopen" anyone can soggest me a way to do that redirection? Thanks fclose(stderr); FILE * f = fopen("whatever.txt", "w"); st...

Money problems
My copy of "money" was upgraded to 2005 Delux edition in 2005. Las year I purchased the 2007 edition whioch stated that "data on previous editions would automatically be converted: but attempts then .and again now result in a message to the effect that it could not install data from pevious editions. Due to lack of capacity on my old computer I have purchase a new one and as I no longer have the 2005 installation disk I intended to add the old hard drive on the new machine. Unfortunately the New machine runs on "vista" and is incompatable with the XP system....

Custom Category In MS Money Essentials
I just bought essentials after giving up on Quicken. I need to create custom categories. For example, I used to have a category with my girlfriend's name. This was to track all the dough I give her. I also had category of Liquor, to track how much friggin' money I spend on wine and scotch. Any idea how to create custom category names in MS Money Essentials -- or do I have to upgrade. Much appreciation for assistance. I don't know about Money Essentials, but in Money read the help file about "categories". I presume this will work in Money Essentials also. Po...

Customize Investment Summary on 'My Money' Home Page?
Okay, so I've got a lot of stocks, mutual funds, etc., that I don't own anymore. Can anyone shed any light on how I would clear that clutter out of the Investment Summary on 'My Money' home page? Denise ...

Money Into Your Paypal Account; As Shown On Oprah!
Read this message until the end, and you will find out how the money flows in easy !!!!. Follow the steps and it WILL work. Trust me !!!!!. It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. PROVEN ON OPRAH! Reported in the Wall Street Journal!!!! The only thing you need is : - E-MAIL ACCOUNT - PREMIER (FREE) or BUSINESS PAYPAL ACCOUNT - $6 on this account (The only investment) - 30 minutes of your time There is no limit on how much money you can recieve, and you haven't got anything to lose with this Business program. I will explain how it works !!!!!. Follow these 4 easy steps and i...

locking page layout but allowing data entry
I have a data sheet with merged cells, borders etc. I wish to allow data entry and mods including moving lines of data (control x) and pasting. At present this also removes merged cells and erases borders. Is there any way to create a locked format for a sheet which prevents users from changing cells, merges, borders etc, but still allows data to be moved without affecting the sheet; ie merged cells stay merged and drawn borders are not erased? Thank you for some expertise. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post use...

Purchasing Invoice Entry Batch Posting Problem
I am using GP 9 with Service Pack 3 and am facing the above problem. The problem is that when we post Purchasing Batches of Purchasing Invoice Entry Origin, it stop at certain percentage (not same every time). After waiting for a long time when we close Progress window it neither gives any error nor sends the batch in Recovery and continue to show the batch in Purchasing Batches. We have done the following but no success. 1. Reconcile 2. Checklinks 3. Recreated SQL Process 4. Have tried suggestions in https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;859917 i.e. Tri...

cannot edit entry
I have downloaded statements from my bank for over a year now and never had any problems. Now I am getting entries that download and then cannot be edited. I cannot remove them, nothing. It does not happen all the time. Any ideas? Would this be relevant? http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=89 or http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=44 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/su...

automatically change text case on entry
I use the following code to automatically change the case of a range of cells to uppercase in Excel, which works fine. However I need some other cells in the same sheet to automatically change to Proper Case. Is there a way of adapting the following code to enable upper and proper case? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Range("H1,M5,O11,F7")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Value = UCase(.Value) End With End If ws_exit: Application.En...

Moving MS money 2007 deluxe to another computer
I am trying to move my MS money 2007 from my desktop to my laptop which is more convenient. I tried a suggestion I saw posted which was downloading 2007 trial version and then using my backup money file. The conversion worked. However, I am still listed as having a trial version. I hvae upgraded several times with the online downloaded version. The versions are somewhat different. The trial one on my laptop is 16.0.10.1303 and my version on my desktop is 16.0.120.1303. Any suggestions? Obviously I can purchase a full version but I have paid my share to microsoft already. My da...

Money 2001 password for CheckFree must be 4 digits
When signing up for checkfree I chose a 9 digit password. Money will onlt accept a 4 digit password. Whats up ...

Open Last Modified File form Location
Hi, I have one folder, which has 20 files & I want macro to open last modified file in that folder. Is this can be done?? File Path: C:\Users\Glenys\Desktop\Glen_Macro\ Best Regards, Kam. One way using Dir().. Sub LastModifiedFilewithinFolder() Dim strFile As String, strFolder As String Dim dtLast As Date, strLMFile As String strFolder = "C:\" 'strFolder = "C:\Users\Glenys\Desktop\Glen_Macro\" strFile = Dir("c:\*.*", vbNormal) Do While strFile <> "" If FileDateTime(strFolder & strFile) > dtLast Then dtLas...

Money 2002 (Standard V10.0) Password Protection ??
Hello; Is there a way to protect money file *.mbf using a password (general or exclusively for Money) ?? Money Help talks about using MS Passport, which if I'm not mistaken, is for on-line access to MS Communities. Correct ?? (That's what I've just done to access this discussion group to post my question!) Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, monir wrote: > >Is there a way to protect money file *.mbf using a password (general or >exclusively for Money) ?? Yes. You can put a conventional password on the file after you have removed the Passport. File->LoginLock...