Importing gain/loss data from Schwab

I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC.  Is
there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus?  What I really want to
do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money.  Thanks
0
Frisco198 (5)
2/8/2008 2:22:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Frisco198 <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC.  Is
>there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus?  What I really want to
>do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money.  Thanks

Don't think so. Your gain/loss info in Money should agree with
Schwab if you used MOney all year to track your purchases/sales
and had the right purchase date for anything sold so the LT vs ST
amount could be calculated.
Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
Thanks Ed.  I just bought MS Money hoping it would be able to download all my
info  from Schwab and then export it to TaxCut allowing me to skip all the
data entry.  Oh well, maybe I'll let it track things monthly for me this year
and do what you suggested for next year's taxes.  Thanks for the reply

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" wrote:

> Frisco198 <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC.  Is
> >there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus?  What I really want to
> >do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money.  Thanks
>
> Don't think so. Your gain/loss info in Money should agree with
> Schwab if you used MOney all year to track your purchases/sales
> and had the right purchase date for anything sold so the LT vs ST
> amount could be calculated.
> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
Frisco198 (5)
2/9/2008 4:48:00 PM
One can import csv files into Excel, or most any spreadsheet program for
that matter.

I believe there are ways to export Excel to Money.

However Taxcut may be able to take spreadsheet info directly from Excel.  I
think Turbo does.

Just a thought,
Ken

"Frisco198" <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC.  Is
| there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus?  What I really want
| do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money.
Thanks

Thanks Ken.  I can indeed get it into Ecxcel, but can't figure out if there
is way to get it from there into Money (or Taxcut).  This would seem to be
such a desireable feature, it's hard for me to believe neither the Money not
Taxcut folks have included it as a capability.  I'm just assuming it's my
"newbie-ness" that is keeping me from seeing how to do it.

"Ken" wrote:

> One can import csv files into Excel, or most any spreadsheet program for
> that matter.
>
> I believe there are ways to export Excel to Money.
>
> However Taxcut may be able to take spreadsheet info directly from Excel.  I
> think Turbo does.
>
> Just a thought,
> Ken
>
> "Frisco198" <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC.  Is
> | there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus?  What I really want
> | do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money.
> Thanks

0
Frisco198 (5)
2/9/2008 6:23:01 PM
Perhaps start a new query asking how to get excel info into money.  Like you
say, surely this feature should be available.

I do not have Excel.

Money can import OFX and QIF files.

Perhaps excel has a feature to export in one of these formats.

Or

Perhaps Excel can Convert to TXF, the format Taxcut will except. A query
with excel newsgroup might be in order.

Also try Google, what you are trying to do is not unusual, expect you will
find lots of help.

Good luck,

In microsoft.public.money, Frisco198 wrote:

>Thanks Ken.  I can indeed get it into Ecxcel, but can't figure out if there
>is way to get it from there into Money (or Taxcut).  This would seem to be
>such a desireable feature, it's hard for me to believe neither the Money not
>Taxcut folks have included it as a capability.  I'm just assuming it's my
>"newbie-ness" that is keeping me from seeing how to do it.

Money registers hold transactions such as Buy, Sell, Dividend,
ReinvestDividend, and so forth. If your Schwab CSV file had that
info, then there could be some outside application that could help
convert. If the file has just gain and loss info, that is not going
to have the info you need for Money.

Unless you have very large history, it is probably easier to enter
the past transaction data by hand and keep up with current
transactions by download.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/9/2008 7:39:39 PM
Frisco198 <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Ed.  I just bought MS Money hoping it would be able to download all my
>info  from Schwab and then export it to TaxCut allowing me to skip all the
>data entry.  Oh well, maybe I'll let it track things monthly for me this year
>and do what you suggested for next year's taxes.  Thanks for the reply

You can - but on a periodic basis. I happen do to it every
morning when I download credit card transactions, so I am always
up to date. I don't think there is one big "import all of last
year's transactions" feature though.

>"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices" wrote:
>
>> Frisco198 <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC.  Is
>> >there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus?  What I really want to
>> >do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money.  Thanks
>>
>> Don't think so. Your gain/loss info in Money should agree with
>> Schwab if you used MOney all year to track your purchases/sales
>> and had the right purchase date for anything sold so the LT vs ST
>> amount could be calculated.
>> --
>> __________________________________________________________________________________
>> Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
>> What is on my Pocket PC? http://www.ehansberry.com/
>> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
>> What is an MVP? - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Ed Hansberry  (Please do *NOT* email me. Post here for the benefit of all)
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices   www.pocketpc.com
Thanks for the ideas Ken.  I don't see an option in Excel to convert or
export in any of those formats.  I may very well try an Excel group or google
query though.  I've already spent more time than I should on this, but the
challenge factor won't let me go yet.

"Ken" wrote:

> Perhaps start a new query asking how to get excel info into money.  Like you
> say, surely this feature should be available.
>
> I do not have Excel.
>
> Money can import OFX and QIF files.
>
> Perhaps excel has a feature to export in one of these formats.
>
> Or
>
> Perhaps Excel can Convert to TXF, the format Taxcut will except. A query
> with excel newsgroup might be in order.
>
> Also try Google, what you are trying to do is not unusual, expect you will
> find lots of help.
>
> Good luck,
> Ken
>

> "Frisco198" <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Thanks Ken.  I can indeed get it into Ecxcel, but can't figure out if
> there
> | is way to get it from there into Money (or Taxcut).  This would seem to be
> | such a desireable feature, it's hard for me to believe neither the Money
> not
> | Taxcut folks have included it as a capability.  I'm just assuming it's my
> | "newbie-ness" that is keeping me from seeing how to do it.
> |
> | "Ken" wrote:
> |
> | > One can import csv files into Excel, or most any spreadsheet program for
> | > that matter.
> | >
> | > I believe there are ways to export Excel to Money.
> | >
> | > However Taxcut may be able to take spreadsheet info directly from Excel.
> | > think Turbo does.
> | >
> | > Just a thought,
> | > Ken
> | >
> | > "Frisco198" <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is
> want
> | > Thanks

0
Frisco198 (5)
2/9/2008 10:41:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Frisco198 wrote:

>Thanks for the ideas Ken.  I don't see an option in Excel to convert or
>export in any of those formats.

You won't. See http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/links_en.php for some
conversion programs.

>  I may very well try an Excel group or google
>query though.  I've already spent more time than I should on this, but the
>challenge factor won't let me go yet.
>

>"Ken" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps start a new query asking how to get excel info into money.  Like you
>> say, surely this feature should be available.
>>
>> I do not have Excel.
>>
>> Money can import OFX and QIF files.
>>
>> Perhaps excel has a feature to export in one of these formats.
>>
>> Or
>>
>> Perhaps Excel can Convert to TXF, the format Taxcut will except. A query
>> with excel newsgroup might be in order.
>>
>> Also try Google, what you are trying to do is not unusual, expect you will
>> find lots of help.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Ken
>>

>> "Frisco198" <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> | Thanks Ken.  I can indeed get it into Ecxcel, but can't figure out if
>> there
>> | is way to get it from there into Money (or Taxcut).  This would seem to be
>> | such a desireable feature, it's hard for me to believe neither the Money
>> not
>> | Taxcut folks have included it as a capability.  I'm just assuming it's my

>> Is
>> want

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/10/2008 4:52:34 AM
Thanks Cal!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Frisco198 wrote:
>

> >Thanks for the ideas Ken.  I don't see an option in Excel to convert or
> >export in any of those formats.
>
> You won't. See http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/links_en.php for some
> conversion programs.
>
> >  I may very well try an Excel group or google
> >query though.  I've already spent more time than I should on this, but the
> >challenge factor won't let me go yet.
> >

> >"Ken" wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps start a new query asking how to get excel info into money.  Like you
> >> say, surely this feature should be available.
> >>
> >> I do not have Excel.
> >>
> >> Money can import OFX and QIF files.
> >>
> >> Perhaps excel has a feature to export in one of these formats.
> >>
> >> Or
> >>
> >> Perhaps Excel can Convert to TXF, the format Taxcut will except. A query
> >> with excel newsgroup might be in order.
> >>
> >> Also try Google, what you are trying to do is not unusual, expect you will
> >> find lots of help.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >> Ken
> >>

> >> "Frisco198" <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> there
> >> not

> >> Is
> >> want

0
Frisco198 (5)

truncate the yaxis if one data point is MUCH higher than the rest
How do I truncate the y-axis of a bar graph if in the event that one data point is VERY high, and the others are very small? I would like to see the top of all the bars in my graph, but not the entire bar for the large data point. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ steve wrote: > How do I truncate the y-axis of a bar graph if in the event that one data > point is VERY high, and the others are very small? I would like to see t...

Importing #6
How do I get my imported ofx file do display in my check registry? In microsoft.public.money, Chase & Keith wrote: >How do I get my imported ofx file do display in my check registry? File->Import? Does Money say you have transactions to read? If not, do File->Import. If so, does clicking on where it says you have transactions to read have an effect? If not, in Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair for good measure. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <...

Finding the end of Data
I have a data set that has a sorted column filled with either numbers or "#N/A" (which are all found above the numbers) I want to select the rows that have "#N/A" in them. How to I find the last row, please? Jim Berglund Maybe it's not important to find the last row. If you don't have any other errors in that column and these errors are constants (not formulas), you could do the equivalent of: Selecting the column Then hit F5 (edit|goto)|special|constants|and select only errors In code, it would look like: Option Explicit Sub testme() ...

Importing MS Office Excel Comma Separated Values Files into a MS Access 2003 database
Hi, I have been tasked with Importing MS Office Excel Comma Separated Values Files into a MS Access 2003 database. These files were exported from a DB2 database.I have also been given the DDL code. I have Googled a solution to this task and have tried creating these tables using the DDL code in a query within a blank MS Access database. Is there a more expedient way to achieve this? I noticed, for example, that a field in DB2 has a data type of "decimal" while the same field in MS Access 2003 would have the data type of "number". Thanks, Zuf What follows i...

Sorting Grouped Data?
Hi, I have a sales spreadsheet that is grouped by vendor with customer sales info under each vendor. Is there a way to sort the vendor groups keeping the customer data in each groups as is? TIA, Dan This may work Dan. To sort in Excel all the lines need to have same columns to sort on. So a heading line and a space between Vendor Groups would be be a problem You could add 2 columns (In the Example below columns A and B) with sort data criteria so that the Heading and Space positions could be preserved. Column A defines the Vendor Group Column B defines the sort priority Then Sort b...

How do I import endnotes into Publisher from a Word Doc
How do I import endnotes into Publisher from a Word Doc You don't, you need to create them manually. Copy and paste might be the easiest method. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lane" <Lane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76032B2A-0C56-438A-B1FB-3363881930A2@microsoft.com... > How do I import endnotes into Publisher from a Word Doc ...

Import bank transactions
Hello forum, My forum name is langebroeck and i am a dutch Money Premium 2007 user. I like to know if it is possible to import transactions from the dutch Postbank into the program, into diverse bankaccounts. If so, this would improve the use of the program, i think,, by automatically recolcile the planned items and import automatically present the incidental tranactions for the mentioned period. Thank you for your suggestions. langebroeck. This is what many users in the US do with varying degrees of success. But the bank has to support either a) OFX- Direct Connect (actually, Money also...

Data from 3 different sheets in the same workbook
We have to produce a pie chart on a new sheet which will show the percentage total of 3 different data that are in 3 different sheets but the cell's still the same (B14 in sheet1, B14 in sheet2, B14 in sheet3). I hold the CTRL button but it doesn't work. Is there a way to create this piechart without linking the 3 data in a fourth sheet? We tried in a lot of different ways but they give us errors (one of them is "reference is not valid") Thanks are there any limitations as to why you could not link to 4th sheet? "Marta" wrote: > We have to produce a pie ch...

Getting data from a closed wbook (adaptation of rondebruin's)
Hello, I tried to post this question a few days ago but did not get any answer. I am still stuck. So i try again Getting data from a closed wbook: it works very well with the CODE 1 below inspired from http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy7.htm However, I need to extract data from a cell which address varies per sheet and has not been named. So I would have expected to use an offset function from a named cell (see CODE 2 (below)but it does not work. It returns a #VALUE! any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks a million Caroline CODE 1: For i = 1 To N Dim Name As String Name =...

How can I get data validation
I want to set up one cell (F41) to contain data validation that verifies that the entered contents are greater than the contents of another cell (F28). Since F41 needs to be greater than F28, I also want to make sure that F41 can't have input if F28 is blank. The first part of my validation formula works fine by itself but the second part doesn't work. Can I combine these two validation checks in one formula as follows? If not, how should it be set up if it can be done at all? =OR(F41>F28,CELL("type",F28)<>"b") Hi =AND((F41>F28);F28<>&...

how do i import multiple data sets at one time?
I'm importing a bunch of data and I'm using the import external data command in the data menu. I click on my file and choose delimited and then add a space in the next screen. It turns out to be two columns of data. I do this 10 times and was wondering if there is a way to import all the data at one time to simply save time. If anyone out there has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance. Assuuming that the files are all of the same two-column format, in a DOS Command Prompt window: Copy File1.txt + File2.txt + File3.txt + File4.txt + File5.txt File2Import.tx...

Charts and Line Graphs comparing companies with different data
I am trying to create a chart that is a line graph in Excel 2000. I want to compare severao builders price and square feet with each company being a different color. Here is an example Company A has homes that are 2152 square feet at $162000, 2424 square feet at $169000, and 2691 square feet at $178000. Company B has homes that are 2095 square feet at $159000, 2292 square feet at $164000, and 2436 square feet at $173000. There will probably be Companys c thru H as well with different data. Can you help? I have searched the web and all this is greek to me - I need it to be in the...

Data dissapears when reformatting a chart
When I create an Excel chart and reformat the X-Y axis data, the original line dissapears and I cannot get it back even by selecting the data field again. (Large data field) The chart is in the same file as the data to be accessed, so that is not the problem. Help! You have not defined your problem in detail. Will you please explain in detail. I think you i can help you. Suggestion: Select the axis which you want to format, then go to format data series, select patterns tab, give the desired color. I think this may help. If not please feel free to contact. Zak "Nateman" w...

Money 2000 Data File Won't Open
I have been using MS Money 2000 for a number of years now. It is the ONLY version of Money I've run on my current system. I recently was forced to reformat and reload my entire OS, Windows 2000 SP4, applications and data. After doing this and trying to open my MS Money files, one personal and one business, they both have asked for passwords. Since I have a secure environment I have never password protected these files... What I've tried since faced with this problem is: 1) Restore backups that had been on a remote zip drive. They too asked for a password... 2) Read a nu...

Cannot import a .pst file to outlook express 6.0
Error messages says just "Messages cannot be imported from the MAPI client" "An error has occured". in the import wizard when I chose importing from outlook or exchange. Many thanks for any help! Sven Do you have Outlook installed on that computer? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Sven" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

item engineering data
In what table does Revision Level from the Item Engineering Date window reside? We would like to add it to the PO print out so that the revision level of each item is included in the PO. Thanks, Wes Wes, The Item Engineering Data is stored in table "IV_Item_ENG" (Item Engineering File, IVR10015) with primary key "Item Number". The field you are looking for would be "Revision Level" (REVISIONLEVEL_I). This is not the revision level for the Bill Of Materials and these Revision Level fields are not synchronized. Thanks, RW -- This posting is provided &quo...

How to reset HQ data files
I have an RMS system with HQ and two stores. They have been used extensively in testin, training, etc. We need to purge all this test data prior to go-live of the system. This would include transaction data, journal, historical financial data, orders, purchase orders, etc. Of course we wish to retain setup data like item records, HQ users, departments and categories, etc. I can find no reference to this information anywhere. Can you direct me to the appropriate source? Thanks in advance. ...

Getting custom entity data into an account
I have created a custom entity which stores specific info about certain types of account which I don't want the whole organisation to access - however I now realise that I want to pull selected attribute values from the custom entity into the main account body so we can do mail merges and general searches - is there any way of doing this without double entry? - the account ID is available in my custom entity ...

Match data uneven columns
Hi, I have values in A and I would like to compare that with a list of values in B. All of the values in B will be in A but the values in A may not be in B. What I would like to have happen is for the corresponding B value to line up on the same row as the A value. Does that make sense at all? Thanks Diddy In helper column C: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0),A2,"") Copy down as needed, then either hide column B, or copy, paste special - values. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Diddy" wrote:...

increase font size on vertical of chart without losing data
I am using Access to create a bar chart. The chart has over 50 namesin the vertical axis. How do I increase the font size so that I do notlose names? If I increase it past 6 font size I get only every otherbar labeled....

trying to import a template from word, to publisher
I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not sure what to do Either look for a similar template suitable for Publisher or spend a fun few minutes creating one.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/user http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "gettingdizzy" <gettingdizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7BF85C3-E200-4189-8EFF-9287E1950603@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not > sure what to do > Or copy, paste... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

Data Validation-Custom formula
I'm trying to set the validation to limit entries in cell K8 to the last day of the month e.g. 31/07/2004. I'm using the formula =eomonth(k8,0)=k8 which calc correctly in the sheet. * Entering with the leading = gives an error, but when I copy the formula in the Help example it allows the leading = sign? * Then when entering 31/7/2004 or any other eomonth date, validation returns an error. How do I fix this? Hi One way using Custom: =K8=DATE(YEAR(K8),MONTH(K8)+1,0) This works on the fact that Excel believes that the 0th of a month is the last day of the month before. -- Andy. &q...

Pivot Tables with different groupings based on same data table
On a single worksheet I have a small table consisting of two columns, Date & Sales. Each row is one instance of a date with its sales. The data is in the form of an Excel 2007 "Table". With a cell in the table selected, I click on "Insert Pivot Table"; position it on the same worksheet as the data table; in the Pivot Table Field List I check both Date and Sales; then select a Date cell, Rt.Click , Click Group, and Group by weeks (7 days); thus giving me the 1st table I want and from which I can obtain the chart I want. But then I try to repeat the whole process,...

form validation determines which sheet to add data
Let's say I'm creating a form that a non tech savvy used car dealer uses to enter his newly acquired vehicles to the excel workbook. Each sheet of the workbook is a unique model year of the car. (That would allow him to quickly refer to all vehicles of a given year.) On the input form, I would like validation such that if he selected "2006" from the drop down list of vehicle years, the data from the form would be AUTOMATICALLY be added to sheet "2006", regardless of which sheet is currently showing at the time. What would the code look like? I su...

Where to import/place Pst files manually...
Hello - I'm on Win XP Pro sp2 and Outlook 2003 and I'm having to import Outlook 2003 files that have been saved manually onto a CD (meaning the tech guy navigated to where they were stored somewhere in the program folders and copied them from there to a CD). I tried seeing if Outlook 2003 had a "wizard" type way of importing these files but there's nothing to help me import anything from a CD. The file(s) I'm wanting to import manually just says 'Outlook' and has the red/blue/green/yellow 4 squares-type icon. The destination path below shows me ...