importing files from 2001 money to 2004 money

it won't let me get my file to open. what do i need to do
to get this verision to work with money 2004?
0
jaferg1 (1)
7/20/2004 12:44:11 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jan wrote:

>it won't let me get my file to open. what do i need to do
>to get this verision to work with money 2004?

"it" is Money 2004?

"this version" is 2001?

Any error message?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Is my file corrupted?
Hello, I have been working with a file and recently I found out that the layout/wrapping text is not working in it. Like when I click Format picture / Layout the section for wrapping does not appear in the dialogue box. Also the option "view 2-page spread" is missing in menu that pops up when I right-click the page icons. New files don't get affected by this quirkiness What in the world? -- Eduardo www.expresssignproducts.com Do you have a border around the creation? If you do send it to the back. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "eduardovieir...

Change the file name in Macro
I created Macro that open several workbooks (actually 17 of them) at the same time like this; Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\01 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\11 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\21 - Feb09 CFW.xls" It works fine till I have to use it for the following month. I have to go back to my Macro and change manually the directory from 02-09 to 03-09 and file name from Feb09 to Mar0...

Changing file in all upper case to upper and lower case
I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. Is there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks for any help you can give me. -- S Jan http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Sagit" <Sagit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99B059C4-F5D8-4DD4-BABC-A16AFA3AA6D1@microsoft.com... >I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. >Is > there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks &g...

import from one deploment to another
Hi all, We have 2 different crm 3.0 deployments. I want to import 25000 incidents from one deployment to another one. Both deployments use the same incident forms and both have the same customer accounts created. Is there an easy way to to this. Thanks. You have comingled data there which would not fit the redeployment wizard. My hunch is to export the data to Excel files merge the files together and then do some processing on duplicate records and fields. Once you have that down, import the data back into CRM. Or import the combined data into another SQL database and use TSQL command...

Applying a .PRF file for outlook
Hi all, I wish to deploy a outlook prf file so that the first time a user logs into a machine their email account is set up and ready to use. I have created the prf file, added it into our login script but I would like it to be completely silent. Currently when a new user logs in (for the first time on that machine) it will setup Office 2003 then when implementing the PRF file it will ask to input the new settings or not. (Well to put it simply anyways). How would I have this automatically select the yes option without the user knowing about anything that has happened and that it has all bee...

Canadian Version Money 2004 Bank Selections
Would anyone happen to know where to find Scotia Bank under the available banks. I've found every other Canadian Bank listed except Scotia. Is it listed differently? Thanks ...

2000 to 2003 uploading to html file
I can not find how to load to a web page, where in 2000 publisher I just slected that option now using 2003 and can not find that option.....I need to convert to html so that I can up load with MS Frontpage to my web site ???? Upload using frontpage ext so I can not use FTP uploads.....Help I guess I stated problem wrong, I need to find same option as in 2000, where you "save as a web page". what I would do is save it to a file, then open with Frontpage and upload. (this is saved as Html format so I have it on my disk as pub file and html file. I can not find this option to ...

Price update money 2004
Hi, i am using money 2004 and for some reason, money update the price from only the end of 2004 but i have recorded stock buy from october 2003. This makes the return calculation and the chart wrong. Is there any way i can force money 2004 to download the price data from 2003 ? Thank you ...

Windows 7 puts a lock icon on new files.
I just installed a new hard drive and installed windows 7 64 bit on it. I copied the settings from the old hard drive to the new. Now when I down load a file it shows a lock icon on the file. When I take it to another location like the desktop the lock goes away. I also noticed when I right click on icons now I have a sharing selection that I did not in the past have. How do I get rid of this. I am the only user and I dont want to use homegroups or anything like that. -- ...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

Converting doc & docx files to RTF. One file grew very big
I had to edit several Word files and then convert them to PDF for posting on a web site. The original Word files ranged in size from 100 - 500 kb. The new PDFs didn't match the original files' sizes but they were also in that range. Then I was told to make RTF format of each file. Now they range in size from 1 - 3 MB. OK fine, I know files are bigger when converted to RTF. Except one of the files, the one that was 500 KB in Word .doc format, is now 15 MB. Way too big to post on the site or email to my colleagues. Why would this file grow 30x in size when converted from d...

Help: Why cannot start money 2004 small business?
Hi, does anyone know following problem: When I start money 2004 small business, during the proess of creating a new money file, there is a problem occurs: Microsoft Money has encounted a problem and needs to close. When I choose to see detailed data, it says: Error signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6fd I have tried reintalling the software many times, the same result I got everytime. Could anyone can help? Many Thanks! Huang He ...

My clip art files are showing up as Real Player files instead of .
My clip art files are showing up as Real Player files instead of the thumbnail preview of the clip art when viewing the clip art manager. It just happened and I don't know how to fix it! HELP! Sounds like your file associations got screwed up. I've never been fond of Real Player because it tends to hijack anything it can. Do you know how to check for that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "chergw" <chergw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8214F585-48CE-4EAE-93B7-7EA968EAB9BC@microsoft.com... > My clip art files are showing up as R...

Excel Import goes thru without any data
Experts, I have been importing excel data to Project for years and never seen this problem. Today I was helping one of our users to import a list of assignments from Excel to a project schedule. We opened the excel file and went through the import wizard until we got to Finish. it went through but no data came in. I tried the same excel and same project files on my computer and everything worked fine. I did see that he did not have the "allow files with legacy format to open", but when I checked it didnt help either. what ami missing Hadi Hadi, What did you ...

OWA File Attachments problem
I have just completed an Active Directory \ Exchange Server 2003 build. When my users try to use file attachments in OWA the file attachment window appears, but when once they try to browse for a file the window freezes or takes sometime to respond and then the Exchange Information Store service stops on the Exchange server. I have configured it to restart the service in 60 seconds, but the intermittent interruption in service is driving my users crazy. My users are heavy with file attachment usage. The Exchang server is running SP1 for MSE2K3. I am out of ideas. Any suggestions. Dar...

Tracking Money Market Performance
My account has an automatic sweep to a money market fund. At the end of the month a dividend tranaction is downloaded to money 2007 which treats the $s as a cash transaction catagorized as Investment Income: Dividend. The problem is that the transaction is not linked to an investment so when performance reports are run relative to the account the performance figures do not include the money market's performance. I tried adding a "money market" investment but the downloaded dividend transaction does not link to the investment. The anomoly is that this worked just fine w...

Synchronising Money 2005 between 2 PCs
Hi, I know that Money uses ActiveSync to sync Money between a handheld and a PC. My question is, Is there such a thing as synching between 2 PCs? I would like to sync the money on my laptop and my desktop. I want to use it this way since i only have my laptop when i am on the move and my partner at home uses the desktop to track our expenses. I would like to keep all our expenses centralized to one file. ...

moving email messages to a storage file
I moved about half the messages from my inbox to another folder and moved it out of the Outlook directories altogether. Now I find that Outlook will not read it while it sits in any other directory. When I try to transfer it back (by copying the file back into the same directory with all the other .dbx files that Outlook DOES read), the Outlook program doesn't seem to recognize its presence. What do I do when I want to look at those messages again? How can I read them with Outlook? You've mentioned .dbx files - Outlook doesn't use those; it uses PST files. Outlook Express ...

Stopping avi, jpeg, bmp and mpeg files...
Hi Team, What are you using to block avi, jpeg, bmp and mpeg files? Is there a way natively that Exchange can do this? Not natively. Most organizations will use a Firewall, AV Scanner, or other third party service such Spam Soap to remove the attachments before they reach Exchange Server. Check your AV Scanner for Exchange, it should have this capability. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Smohrman" <Smohrman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEB23C67-DB47-4DDB-A7B0-9EE268F18E91@microsoft.com... > ...

V1.2
Hello all, I need to import customer from another data source into accounts in V1.2. In the import menu i see only the possibility to import leads or contacts, how can i do? there is a easy way to do this? Can I import my data into leads and bulk convert them into account? Thanks and regards. Diego There is no "bulk convert" function. You have a few choices. You can easily do this using Scribe or by writing a simple import process using the SDK. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Diego Pianarosa" <d.pianarosa@globsys.it> wrote in message news:eTPkyb5F...

Importing email from Gmail to outlook 2007
I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i stated using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new and not the old email which were already there in my Gmail account please help me out with this. "Manish Rathod" <Manish Rathod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71B136DC-B04C-4872-B572-523B8ABC5E6D@microsoft.com... >I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i >stated > using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new > and > not the old email...

Money Plus Premium and Gainskeeper
I just upgraded from Money 2007 Premium to to Money Plus Premium. I tried Gainskeeper on a promotion a few years ago for a short time (just when it came out). I wanted to use the one year subsription in the new Premium Plus but see on login that I have to pay for a subscription although Money Plus Premium describes one year free use. It says the following "Your subscription to GainsKeeper has expired. You have entered 81 trades into your account. To resubscribe, select an option below and click 'Continue' to enter your billing information.Previously entered trades will tran...

Save & File
My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file (that is already set up by catagories I need) and it was saved there. Is there is a similar (i.e. quick) way to do it in Outlook? Thank you. You can use rules to copy messages after send. JMac wrote: > My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to > "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file > (that is already set up by catagories I need...

Installing Money, getting EULA error
I have reinstalled Money after losing a hard drive. It installes with no problem, but when I try to open the application I get an EULA error, it say that the "End User License Agreement can't be displayed", and as a result the porgarm will not run. This continues to be true even after several re-installs. Help! In microsoft.public.money, Adin wrote: >I have reinstalled Money after losing a hard drive. It >installes with no problem, but when I try to open the >application I get an EULA error, it say that the "End User >License Agreement can't be disp...

Converting large number of Microsoft Works files to Access
My company's database currently consists of 450 Microsoft Works .wdb files. All the files have a similar structure. When we moved to the latest version of Works, we could no longer use mail-merge with Microsoft Word. So we were thinking about moving to an Access database. It is a little cumbersome, though doable, to convert one Works file to Access, via saving as .dbf. However, I'm faced with converting 450 of these files! Is there any way to do a bulk conversion? Or should I try something else altogether? Thanks for any ideas you might have. Carol Spring Hi Carol, I've...