Importing accounts and transaction etc. from one money file to another

Is it possible to import accounts, transactions, categories etc. from
one money file to another?

My problem is that I have a money file which is protected with a file
password (not .NET passport though) and I cannot seem to get rid of
it.  When trying to use the Password Manager to either assign og
disable .NET Passport services for the given money file I always get
the error message that the sign-in name is not associated with file.
However, a sign-in name has never been associated with the file
because it has only been protected by a single password (like i
earlier version of money).

Now I would like to get all my transactions into a new money file
where I can either not use a password altogether or assign a .NET
passport sing-in name which will allow me to use the MSN Money online
features.

Is there some easy work-around or do I have to export transactions to
a csv file and import them in a new money file (or is this not
possible at all?)?
0
troels (1)
2/28/2004 9:30:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I think you are going to have to be able to get into the old file somehow to
do anything, so the real issue comes down to the password issue.

You say you've never put a password/Passport on the file? Are you sure you
are opening it with the same or newer version of Money as it was last used
by? Trying to open a forward-version-level file can cause bogus messages
about passwords (say trying to open an M04 file with M03).

"Trolo" <troels@poboxes.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to import accounts, transactions, categories etc. from
> one money file to another?
>
> My problem is that I have a money file which is protected with a file
> password (not .NET passport though) and I cannot seem to get rid of
> it.  When trying to use the Password Manager to either assign og
> disable .NET Passport services for the given money file I always get
> the error message that the sign-in name is not associated with file.
> However, a sign-in name has never been associated with the file
> because it has only been protected by a single password (like i
> earlier version of money).
>
> Now I would like to get all my transactions into a new money file
> where I can either not use a password altogether or assign a .NET
> passport sing-in name which will allow me to use the MSN Money online
> features.
>
> Is there some easy work-around or do I have to export transactions to
> a csv file and import them in a new money file (or is this not
> possible at all?)?

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

MS Money 95 data files

No Warning When Transaction Edits Are Going To Be Lost
I don't know how many times I have finished editing a transaction, and then inadvertently clicked somewhere else, like up into the register to see a prior example, and lost all my edits. The real problem is that there is no notification from Money that I am about to lose all my edits, it just trashes them. Sure would be nice if Money asked me if I want to save the edits before discarding them, yes?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

RMCSH transactions
Why don't the deposit transactions that originate in Receivables Management indicate a cleared amount or cleared date in the Bank Transactions SmartList even though they've been cleared thru Bank Rec? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Mine shows up OK. I just tried it, no problems. What version/build are you using? 9.0, build 0301 Leslie. Thanks, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ------=_NextPart_0001_5090428C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Thank you ...

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Exchange 2007 across account search