I need a realistic view of expenses or I'm Qbooks bound....

Hello.
I'd really value some help:
I use Quickbooks for my business and am used to getting a
bill, posting it on an accrual basis, and then paying it.
This gives me a true understanding of my budgets.
Although Money (and Quicken)has a fantastic interface,
that enables me to download xactions directly from my
accounts, it doesn't give me a true picture of my
expenses, so as a budgeting tool -- unless I'm wrong --
it's worthless.
Example:  My daughter goes to daycare.  I have to pay
$3,000 for five months at the beginning of the year --
September. Because Money only shows budgets on a cash
basis, my September budget statement shows a huge
expense.  And my statments for October - January show no
expense.  Because this goes on for so many accounts, my
budget statements are completely worthless to me in terms
of understanding what I'm spending and modifying this
behavior.
Someone, please advise.  Do I need to ditch Money and go
to Quickbooks to get what I need?  I'd hate to give up
all the Money features, but a true understanding of my
financial situation is essential.
THANK YOU
0
nathaniel (1)
10/5/2003 3:45:40 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Need to keep Report Printer from changing to Default
I have a report we are trying to always print to a specific network printer. The Access 2007 page setup option allows me to select a radio button for default printer or other printer and then specify the printer. However, the setting always returns to default printer even if I save the database and report. This causes margins etc to change back to the dafault printer setting. How can a preserve the printe selected? Hi Jim, If you don't mind using some coding you could take a look at this link: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb258178.aspx I don't know why the regu...

How to copy outgoing message into inbox PLUS view bcc's?
Hi guys, I like to file my in and outgoing mail into relevant folders, rather than have my outgoing messages sit in the "sent mail" folder. Up till now I've been achieving this by automatically cc'ing myself into messages but it's been filling up the mail server too quickly (because the messages also have to be downloaded to another computer they have to stay on the server). So now I've set up a rule to put a copy of every message in my inbox after sending but the problem with this is that I no longer have a record of who I sent bcc's to. How can I achieve this:...

Can I Apply Two Filters to Task View?
It seems to me that when I add a filter to a task view for something like category "does not contain" xyz, and then add right below that, category "does not contain" abc, it should show all of my tasks, but just not anyone that has xyz OR abc in the category. But, if I add the first filter, it seems to work ok, but when I add the second, it just makes all of the filtering not work. Am I missing something? when you use two of the same criteria they are OR'd together. Try using abc AND xyz as the condition (it works with some fields but may not work with all) or use ...

Preview Pane format lost in unread mail view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to set up a new mail view for Status equal to Unread (original UNread deleted in error), the search works fine but when I set the preview pane to Below List and save the search this setting seems to get overwritten so that each time I go back into my Unread view the Preview Pane has defaulted to Right of List. <br><br>Minor but annoying - any ideas gratefully eceived. Hi! Did you sort this out? I have the same problem, or just about. Am trying to desable the previe pane in a sa...

Macro Problem..... need help !
hai, i need help How to do the macro that can 1st check the right(same) name between tw excel, than pull out the data -- Irmann Jim Cone has a fine commercial Add-in program that wil manage "duplicates" very nicely.....take a lookk it may be just what you want....it's at http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Irmann" wrote: > > hai, i need help > > How to do the macro that can 1st check the right(same) name between two > excel, than pull out the data ? > > > > > -- > Irmann &...

NOLOCK on View / Stored Procedure in SQL Server 2005
I have a SQL Server 2005 database that was several stored procedures and several views. Will the stored procedure listed below with the NOLOCK statement not lock the dbo.Team table? The stored procedure has numerous other processing details but I took that part out of the procedure. My goal is to make sure the dbo.Team table is not locked. Please help me resolve this issue. CREATE view v_Team AS SELECT * from dbo.Team CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.MasterTeam AS select * from v_Team (NOLOCK) GO On Tue, 18 May 2010 08:01:01 -0700, Joe K. <JoeK@discuss...

Re: How can I stop Outlook to run subsequent rules from VBA function bound to currently running rule
And I thought to use Rule's olRuleActionStop in VBA. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

converting db need six digit w leading zeros,
I need to have a six digit value for an ID field. Old db has values ranging from one to four characters and need to front fill with zeros =right("000000"&a1,6) Assuming information is in cell a1 -- Wag more, bark less "eStreet4ever" wrote: > I need to have a six digit value for an ID field. Old db has values ranging > from one to four characters and need to front fill with zeros If this is just for display purpose then custom format the cells to 000000 The below will return the value as text and not numeric... =TEXT(A1,"000000&q...

MDI app view problem
I wanted to add a new view to an older app that was created using the app wizard. The main view is CRichEditView. My goal is to have a text document that can be displayed in another view (CHtmlView preview window). How do you switch views so that the open document is viewed a different way? Thanks. Mark I got a bit confused, are you trying to change the view or add a new view (and keep the old one too). They way MFC does it's doc/view magic is through the CMultiDocTemplate and CSingleDocTemplate classes. (look in your CWinApp derived classes InitInstance). If you want more than one ...

Need help with xml and xsl design

Need help ASAP!!
I've just been on the already installed version of windows mail on my laptop and i already have an email address and can't get it onto the windows mail. It only gives you the option of a new account. Please reply!! -- Im a cod fan haha lol If you have never set up your email account in that copy of Windows Mail, then as far as Windows Mail is concerned, it is a new account. Simply follow the prompts after going to Tools, Accounts, Add, E-mail... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "STaTiC_BLuE" wrote in message news:B5201BC2-0822-4456-B08B-86787DD8D736@...

Sarbanes-Oxley: need controls to account for segregation of duties
This was a customer suggestion from Convergence. Suggestions: There needs to be controls in place for SOX to account for/impede violation of segregation of duties within the control environment. Currently, one user can write checks and balance books. Customer would also like to view more documentation describing the "How to" of setting up an effective control environment and its processes. Customer contact information: Ricardo Pous IM Manager DuPont Agriculture & Nutrition 7100 NW 62 Ave. PO Box 1000 Johnston, IA 50131-1000 Phone 515-270-3543 Fax 515-270-3188 Email Ric...

suggestion needed
hi all, I need suggestion for the following. When a case is created, users will add "amount of materials used" to the case record. There are more than 1000 materials. For instance Material "A" is used 3 times, material "B" is used 2 times and this information about the materials must be seen in the case record. thanks in advance. Not sure what you are looking for with this question, but having a user add 1000 items to a case is a lot for the default interface. I would suggest designing a custom screen to add material to the case. You will create a new e...

Help Needed #8
Good morning: This is an example what I am trying to achieve Col-A Col-CO Row 1: Name Address Col-A Col-CO Row 4: Name Search Address Search Note: The names & address will be hidden below the respective search Col's. I need to search by name (R-4 / CO-A) or by address (R-4 / CO-CO) and have the corresponding name & address populate R-1 respectively. Please keep in mind I am not a programmer. Thank you in advance John Explain: The names & ad...

account view and upcoming bills and deposits
In my checking account window (which shows all transactions and allows you to enter new transactions), at the very bottom of the window below the area where you enter transactions, it used to have a smaller window which showed upcoming bills and deposits. Somehow I selected this section to have it not show, and now I can't figure out how to have it show again. I've tried to find a way to do this in different view options, but can't seem to figure out how to get it back. I loved that view! Any suggestions? IF you are using M04 or earlier, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.ph...

New and need help, please
Gosh I'm glad I found this site! I'm about to yank my hair out! :eek: Because my spreadsheet is so big, I've gotten myself confused. Basically, I'm trying to multiply and add between rows and columns. Ex: (B2*B102)+(C2*C102) across to (CG2*CG102). I've got that lon string in a single cell but it's not working. There is data in th rows that the formula is supposed to read, but it's still giving m zilch. There must be an easier way! Any suggestions? Thanks i advance -- retcg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- retcgr's ...

Create a seperate news group for Business Portal Needs
Can we get a seperate newsgroup for Business Portal? I believe as people upgrade to or implement Dynamics, the next step would be implementing Business Portal. It would be helpful if there was a seperate section for Business Portal so people would not have to wade through the other newsgroups looking for information specific to Business Portal. Just a thought...... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

Formatting Text in Network Diagram View
The text in the boxes of my Network Diagram view is cut off. I can't find a way to make the boxes larger or the font smaller. Does anybody know how to display a task's full text in a Network Diagram box? Thanks! Hi, Right Click, select Box Styles Click More Templates Select New Use Cell Layout to change cell width and Font to find a smaller one You cannot select 6 but when you type it it is accepted. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf ...

viewing emails remotely
I've set up a new email address on my laptop. I can access this from my work PC to view the emails but when I try to view these emails that I have received at work when I'm at home I get an error message saying that I need to be online. I'd like to be able to use the email facilities from any machine that I log on to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- TomMurray Ddo you have an internet connection at home? "tom" wrote: > I've set up a new email address on my laptop. I can access this from my work > PC to view the emails...

Expenses Forecast
Dear all, I agree that this message in a litlle strange, but I have already tried everything to construct a expenses forecast in access. My main difficulty is about the construction of the form to actualize, to include and to excelude values in my table. Could anybody help me? I need some examples of expenses forecast. Thanks. Andr=E9. You may already be on the right track, I don't know because you haven't said what you've considered and tried. Where would we begin to help? Post back with more information to get better help. The first parts of the issue have nothing to do...

Moving mulple columns, guru needed...
Ok, I am not sure if this is possible in excel, but a friend asked me if I could help him with a problem, so here it goes: Ok, Imagine a Excel spreadsheet file (A) with about a dozen columns filled with information, now the majority of the information in (A) is gotten from a different spread sheet (B) created by somebody else in a different state. Now A would have already other existing info from other B transfers from different dates, so A would be added onto and B's are always created new from scratch each day, for that day only. A is basically a running total for every day, and...

How to maintain selection indication in a List View row
I have a list view from which I can select a row. However, when I select a row and pop a dialog box, there is no indication that one of the rows is selected. The following pops a test dialog on a double click via: void CMyListView::OnNMDblclk(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { CListCtrl& rlc = GetListCtrl(); int nItem = rlc.GetNextItem(-1, LVNI_SELECTED); if(nItem >= 0) { TCHAR szTest[80]; sprintf(szTest, _T("Selected item %d"), nItem); AfxMessageBox(szTest); } } I select the row and it shows up as white on dark blue. Double click ...

Excel formula needed to round up a value to a whole number
I'm making a cost estimation sheet, and need a cell to publish a whole number. This cell is the result of a division formula involving two other cells (ie. 300 sq ft of coverage divided by 200 sq ft of coverage per gallon = 1.5 gallons). I want my formula to round the 1.5 gallons up to 2 gallons. Please help! Thanks, John =roundup(a1,0) or =roundup(a1/a2,0) John A. wrote: > > I'm making a cost estimation sheet, and need a cell to publish a whole > number. This cell is the result of a division formula involving two other > cells (ie. 300 sq ft o...

Need Report to Show Items that have no associated Supplier
We just ran a Top Suppliers report. Much to our surprise, our third top Supplier was blank. No Name. This No-Name supplier managed to account for 263 items, so we still have a few holes to plug. We have THOUSANDS of SKUS, so a manual search is out of the question. Is there a report out there that will do this? Thanks Bud run this query ****************** SELECT Itemlookupcode,Description FROM Item LEFT JOIN Supplier ON Item.SupplierID=Supplier.ID where Supplier.ID is null ******************* "Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B3442-...

Need tools to Convert Access to SQL environment
I got a big Access file (1 400 tables) to convert to SQL and I would like to be provided with some automated tools, except upsizing wizard and DTS, to convert it on my own. I got a lot of forms and query to convert too. Can someday provide me with at least one tool name ? Thanks, Guy SQL Server is strictly a database: you can only convert your tables, because it doesn't have forms or reports. (You can convert SELECT queries to views) Tony Toews has some information about upsizing at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/sqlserverupsizing.htm including a link to a tool from SSW. -- Doug S...