I INSTALLED MONEY DELUXE 2004

No problems. Same program. Benefits seem to be free credit review & free H & R
Block tax sending online. Worth the $20 upgrade to me. Opportunity for me to
use three new floppy back-up disks for weekly back-up. Size did NOT increase
from last update using 2003. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)
7/23/2003 6:46:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Install an external Zip disc and back ups will be efficient and on one disc,
easily.

0
tom6242 (3)

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

Thai support in Office 2004

Newbie
I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of Windows Server 2003. When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exchange Management System - EMS) I navigated to Servers - Exchange1 - Protocols - SMTP There's no default SMTP server listed in there. How can I get one in there? -Fran- Did you have IIS installed already? <Fran> wrote in message news:vmrpu1h04d06lpot07kbqu78lnsflpqcaa@4ax.com... >I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of > Windows Server 2003. > > When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exch...

from money to currency
Hi gurus I ned help on the following: I have a field on my table with data type Money, this field holds the data with 4 decimal digits. I am been request to present this information on a report but with 2 decimal and in currency, it has to convert from 4 decimal places to two decimal places. I need to do this convertion in my query? so it gets the info from the money field and then cast it to two decimal in my query,so I can use my query directly to present the info D.. hope this is not too confuse for you gurus, because I am getting dizzy already Thanks a bunch for...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Money 2005 Show Sub-Category
I just gave Microsoft another $50 to go from Money 2003 Deluxe to 2005! So it begins again. I guess I'm stupid but how do I get the program to show the Category and Sub-Category as separate drop down boxes so I can pick them one at a time. Money 2003 had an option somewhere but I can't seem to find the magic spot in 2005. Also, when 2005 started up the first time it showed a box with potential recurring investment transactions (interest/dividends - I think). How do I get to that "option" since I initially unchecked all the suggestions and now I would like to recon...

How can I add transaction while using the online version of money
Ok... when I first bought Money several years ago and installed it on my home computer, I could then login while at work via the passport and see the information that I had entered on my home computer. If I purchased something during the day I could go online and add the transaction which was great way to know at any given moment what my TRUE balance was in my account. Now when I check my Money account online from work I can see all the information I've entered at home but now there is no way to add a new transaction other then from my home computer where I have Money installed. ...

Money 2006 error msg when closing
I got a problem which I wish you folks here can point me a direction to get it be repaired: My money 2006 file is approx 60mb now as it first started from money 98. I upgraded the program almost every year (may have skipped either 2001 or 2002, just couldn't for sure). Everything runs fine until today. The problem is that if I was working in the Monthly Report page and wanted to close money program and do the backup (the program is set to backup when it closes), then an error message would immediate pop-up saying that money has encountered an internal problem and needs to close, th...

Corrupt Money file
Hi - I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out what is going on with our Money file. Money froze up this morning and my husband hard booted to exit the program. He also reinstalled Money 2004 to our desktop computer. However, we are unable to open our Money file - it says it is corrupt or not a Money file. I've tried restoring from our back up files (both from floppy and from CD that we have consistently kept backed up), but the restored file also gets the same error message. We recently networked out two computers and now access our Money file from both computer...

my install failed where do I go now
Hi, I attempted to install Exchange 2003 onto a Server2003 machine that is the ADC for the network. There is an existing Exchange 5.5 server on a different server running NT4. I had some issues during the install because I did not have my DNS configured properly. One of the issues was that I was not able to do a complete install of Exchange 2003. I am not sure where to go from here. Article KB 839356 "How to roll back a failed migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 or to Exchange 2003" says that the first thing I should do is move all of the mailboxes back to the ori...

Deleting Multiple Transactions in Money 2007
I have Money set up with my categories all laid out. And I like to keep the transactions for one year separate from the rest. So at the end of each year, I make a duplicate copy of my Money database, then delete all the transactions, reset the starting balances as appropriate, and start over. But it's tedious as hell deleting all the transactions one at a time. Hard on my computer keyboard too. Has anybody discovered a way to select and delete lots of transactions simultaneously? Thanks. ddc In microsoft.public.money, DeeDeeCee wrote: >I have Money set up with my categories al...

MS Money and Savings Bonds
Ok Microsoft, People have been posting for YEARS that Money doesn't handle savings bonds well, or should I really say AT ALL... People have their hacks, but they are just that, hacks. For gods sake Microsoft, get on the ball and put the function in, and for US savings Bonds, the database with interest rates etc. is published by the feds in the same format all the time, so heck, you could import that automagically and keep all our US savings bonds up to date.... From a loyal MS Money Customer that has been waiting FOREVER for you to do something... Make the money I spend on upgra...

Money on Windows 2000 and windows SP
I have just upgraded my machine to Windows Sp from 2000. Re-installed money 2005 and cannot open the file when I start Money 2005 under SP The error messages says the file is either read only or I dont have permission to open the file. well the file is not read only and I was the administrator when I re- loaded money onto SP Appreciate any help I can get to resolve this problem It has been stated on here before that you must open the sample file first to start the downloads for the patches in 2005. Then close and reboot your computer. You might need to right click on your money...

Money 2001 Auto adds of payees
How do I stop Money 2001 from automatically adding the payees of a downloaded credit card file? It DOES ask me whether I want to add names in a normal check book... ...

This action is only valid for products that are currently installed
I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. When ever I try to open a JPG attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed". I have tried "repairing" Office, and tried reinstalling the various filters and file formats, to no avail. Any ideas? -- Tim. Tim Munro <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Outlook 2003 doesn't have modes. > When ever I try to open a JPG > attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products > that are currently installed&...

money 2001 #3
I had to reload my entire operating system and therefore had to reinstall money 2001. I saved my money folder but do not know how to reinstall my check register. I am fearful that it may not live in the money folder. Does anyone know what it is called and how I can reload that file into my newly installed money 2001? Now's probably not the brightest time to come ask this question. You Money data file is stored ****where you told Money to store it.**** In most cases--and in any sensible case--this won't be in the Program Files\Microsoft Money directory. It will be in the My Doc...

Powershell 2.0 missing after "WMF + PowerShell 2" install
Without finding an uninstall for PowerShell 1.0, I went ahead and downloaded the "WMF + PowerShell 2" installer and ran it. There were no errors, but PS2.0 was not present. There were no shortcuts, and a search failed to turn up an executable anywhere on my system. I then looked for a way to get PS1.0 uninstalled. I first checkeck the "Show Updates" box in Add/Remove, and PS1.0 appeared on the list. I clicked remove, and after displaying some warnings, it went through the motions of uninstalling the program. As it ran, it showed progress mesages, and a final, ...

Money 2001 Corrupt .dll
Money 2001 was delivered w/my computer. When I try to open the application I get this error: "The DLL file 'C:\...mpcont.dll cannot be loaded. It may have been removed or become corrupted....' Since I don't have a Money disk to run Setup (I think) I'd have to use the System Restore CD and what a pain that is! Any ideas out there? If I download the trial version of 2004 would that convert (and repair) my 2001 file? I have a lot of stuff in that file that isn't backed up (my bad!) Thanks, Janet Try opening another Money file. If you haven't removed it, the...

MS Money 2006 Bills Section not showing before/after balance
Hi guys, I was using the 2005 edition and when I went into the Bills = section, I could highlight all my bills that are coming up and see what = my = checking account balance would be before and after (this would show righ= t = above the calendar at the bottom) Now I upgraded to 2006 and everything= = looks the same, but it doesn't show that checking account balance = anymore. I can't even ctrl+click on multiple accounts either. Is this = = something I need to change in settings? If so where? I've tried = everything I possibly could that I'm getting to the p...

Re-Installing Office 2004 Without Original CD
I am trying to install my Office 2004 upgrade on a new Mac without having my original Office 98 CD. I do have my product key for Office 98 but didn't find any place to insert this during the installation process. I guess I sorta assumed the upgrade process works like it does for Adobe products. I no longer have the original receipt for Office 98 and don't know of anyone to borrow an original Office 2004 CD from. Is there any solution other than buying a new package? Thanks! In article <1194046561.523789.145530@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, favata01@yahoo.com wrote: >...

Money 2006 & Bank of America Compatibility
I posted an earlier thread regarding Bank Accounts list getting corrupted and have since isolated the problem. It appears that my symptoms happen after I set up online updates with Bank of America. I tried creating new files and setting up multiple bank accounts and whenever I add Bank of America, I start getting the condition posted in my earlier thread. Basically what happens is the Bank Account list when condensed and then expanded again using the "plus sign icon" shows the first account repeated multiple times. It is repeated the same number as the total number of bank...

How to install certificates on OWA (NLB) ?
I have two Win2003 Ent Server+OWA2003 Exch boxes, NLB configuration. Should I just generate a certificate for each of the hosts and install them on the respective machines ? Is there any special consideration when installing certificates on an NLB configuration ? The ISA 2004 Enterprise should reside 'in front of' the OWA 2003 (DMZ). I know I have the option to install the certificate on the ISA box, but since for now internal OWA users would hit the OWA box (without going thru the DMZ), if I understand correctly I should put the certificate in the OWA box then. ...

Microsoft Money 2003 for the Pocket PC
I own a Dell Axim Pocket PC, with the Pocket PC 2003 operating system. Every time I try downloading Money 2003 for the Pocket PC, I get a message saying it failed to download, and it requires the Pocket PC 2002 operating system. Is there anything I can do to get Money 2003 for the Pocket PC to download and work with my Dell Axim Pocket PC. Found via Google: -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswis...

Transferring Money 2004 files to Virtual PC
I have an old Windows 98SE PC running Money 2004, and have just bought a new Mac on which I have installed Virtual PC and Windows XP Professional. I have installed Money 2004 on the VPC with no problem, but I just cannot seem to move the My Money files over. Using the advice on the Microsoft Support site, I have copied the My Money.mny file onto a USB memory stick (and also two other separate .mny files I have). I then tried copying MyMoney.mny from the USB stick to the My Documents folder on the new VPC. The error message was "the parameter is incorrect". Then I tried ...

CRM4 deployment guides for Citrix environments / install script
Hi I need to plan and deploy CRM 4 desktop client to a citrix farm. I hear there are a fair few issues to install CRM4 client on citrix environments. I have been on the Citrix web site to request further information regarding to CRM 4.....but so far nothing. Just wondered if anyone can post useful URL/ref sites regarding to deploying CRM 4 to citrix. Also - does anyone know how get an install script together to avoid users going through the configuration process (install script to define the configuration etc..). Many Thanks Newbiee information i have is CRM 4.0 is supported o...