how to update house value

How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense
account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use one?
And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my
income/expense reports?

Thanks,
LF
0
lf (25)
7/16/2009 6:25:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On Jul 16, 2:25=A0am, LF <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense
> account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use o=
ne?
> And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my
> income/expense reports?
>
> Thanks,
> LF

I use "Deferred Income" or "Deferred Expense" to account for my house
increase or decrease in value over time. It DOES affect income or
expense in Money BUT if YOU know what the "DEFERRED" means it
shouldn't bother you. In reality, you are recognizing increased or
decreased value at the time YOU feel it occurs. In reality, you will
only know the real value when you sell. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)
7/16/2009 1:08:43 PM
I use a Depreciation/Appreciation category to handle increases or decreases
in property values but you can call it whatever you like.  The D/A category
can be located either in Expenses or Income, it makes no difference.  If you
don't want to see those entries in Income/Expense reports simply customize
them by unchecking the D/A category and it will not show up on those
reports.

Regards

Bill Wood

"LF" <LF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense
> account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use
> one?
> And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my
> income/expense reports?
>
> Thanks,
> LF

0
w.wood (230)
7/16/2009 1:48:03 PM
On Jul 16, 9:48=A0am, "William R Wood" <w.w...@cox.net> wrote:
> I use a Depreciation/Appreciation category to handle increases or decreas=
es
> in property values but you can call it whatever you like. =A0The D/A cate=
gory
> can be located either in Expenses or Income, it makes no difference. =A0I=
f you
> don't want to see those entries in Income/Expense reports simply customiz=
> them by unchecking the D/A category and it will not show up on those
> reports.
>
> Regards
>
> Bill Wood
>
> "LF" <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense
> > account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use
> > one?
> > And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my
> > income/expense reports?
>
> > Thanks,
> > LF- Hide quoted text -

Bill,
       Effectively I am doing the same thing! The great thing about
Money is you can set up a category and call it what you want to. In
reporting you can chose not to show it. Unfortunately, many users are
NOT too understanding of accounting like you and I am so it may be
more difficult for them to understand what we are saying. Using
"deferred expense" or "depreciation" to mean the reduction of house
value can do what we want to see in Money. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)
7/16/2009 2:59:00 PM
Steve,

You are correct, we are doing the same thing, did not see your post before I
posted.

All the OP has to do is create an income or expense category for the updated
house value, call it whatever he wants, Updated House Value is fine, then
enter the increase or decrease in his asset account using the new category
and he is done.  If he does not like the effect on his Income/Expense
reports, simply customize the report to eliminate the new category.

Regards

Bill Wood

<     Bill,
<     Effectively I am doing the same thing!
<     Steve

0
w.wood (230)
7/16/2009 7:22:47 PM
Category can be left blank for that matter.

"William R Wood" <w.wood@cox.net> wrote in message
> All the OP has to do is create an income or expense category for the
> updated house value, call it whatever he wants, Updated House Value is
> fine, then enter the increase or decrease in his asset account using the
> new category and he is done.  If he does not like the effect on his
> Income/Expense reports, simply customize the report to eliminate the new
> category.

Good point, I should have mentioned that.  I like to track my
appreciation/depreciation in an income or expense acct but it certainly is
not necessary to do so and a blank category will not distort your regular
reports.

Regards

Bill Wood

message news:%23dTWHOnBKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Category can be left blank for that matter.
>
> "William R Wood" <w.wood@cox.net> wrote in message
>> All the OP has to do is create an income or expense category for the
>> updated house value, call it whatever he wants, Updated House Value is
>> fine, then enter the increase or decrease in his asset account using the
>> new category and he is done.  If he does not like the effect on his
>> Income/Expense reports, simply customize the report to eliminate the new
>> category.

0
w.wood (230)
7/21/2009 2:01:00 PM
Thanks for all the options. I think I will try the blank category and see if
that works.

LF

"William R Wood" wrote:

> Good point, I should have mentioned that.  I like to track my
> appreciation/depreciation in an income or expense acct but it certainly is
> not necessary to do so and a blank category will not distort your regular
> reports.
>
> Regards
>
> Bill Wood
>

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:%23dTWHOnBKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Category can be left blank for that matter.
> >
> > "William R Wood" <w.wood@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> All the OP has to do is create an income or expense category for the
> >> updated house value, call it whatever he wants, Updated House Value is
> >> fine, then enter the increase or decrease in his asset account using the
> >> new category and he is done.  If he does not like the effect on his
> >> Income/Expense reports, simply customize the report to eliminate the new
> >> category.

0
lf (25)

How to update one form when closing another ?
I have two forms open. frmPeople has the Focus frmAccount does not. frmAccount has subFormPeopleList I add a new person to frmPeople (which is linked to frmAccount) Question 1: When I close frmPeople I want to update frmAccount so the new person shows in subFormPeopleList Quetion 2: But I'm also wondering if I add code to the "close event" for frmPeople to update frmAccount What will this do if frmAccount is not open? Will it add the person twice? I'm guessing not as updating a form doesn't really add data to the table... right? Thanks for any help. Mel Thanks...

Today's Total Change (but not a Q re mutual fund updates)
In M06, Portfolio Manager, the total shown at the bottom of view as Today's Total Change does not, in fact, reset to $0 at the start of each day. It keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starting point for the next trading day's gain or loss. Right now, for instance, on Sunday, I'm looking at Friday's gain as Today's Total Change (TTC). If I am correct about this, is there a way to reset TTC to zero at the start of each trading day? Thank you. Dave M. re: "keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starti...

After installing multiple updates, error code 0xC80001F
I have been installing multiple updates (due to computer restore). During this last set of updates, I noticed that there were a few that said they weren't installed (failed) successfully. I went back to the installed updates info, but there were no items that showed "failed". When I tried to go back to the Windows Update Home page, I received this error code [Error number: 0xC80001FE]. I do not have a 3rd party anti-virus or firewall active right now. I have done nothing following the installation of updates. -- Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing tha...

Inventory Value
what even old programs like Cougar has, RMS needs to address. The true value of inventory based on either a LIFO or FIFO method. Year end inventories for tax purposes needs to be more acurate than "last Cost" or "Weighted Average". Average weighted cost is the accepted standard for retail. LIFO-FIFO is impractical for most retail businesses. "Marc Cotton" <Marc Cotton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BC94A17-6BB8-4DA6-A8DE-EBE91596BB6B@microsoft.com... > what even old programs like Cougar has, RMS needs to address. The true &...

Cell Values
I would like to return the value of another cell(C1) if a cell has a value in it, otherwise I want it to return a value of 0. Example: IF(A1="any value",C1,0) This formula would be written in B1. "Any value" would be numbers or text. Thanks 4 your help!!! Try: =IF(A1<>"",C1,0) or =IF(ISBLANK(A1),0,C1) Good Luck, Mark Graesser "GaryW" <gary.wicker@acadiapolymers.com> wrote in message news:040b01c34721$41fe8d00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to return the value of another cell(C1) if a > cell has a value in it, otherwise I...

updating controls within a thread ?
Hello, I have a real-time charting application (MFC dlg-based). When the user presses a button, a (worker) thread is created which does all the testing. From within this thread, some controls on the main dialog needs to be updated to indicate the real-time progress/results. I use SendMessage() now, but as far as I understand, my thread waits untill SendMessage() is processed and a result is returned, which will block my thread for a fraction of time (influencing the results) ?? I also read that the number of messages may not exceed 10.000 ?? Any comments, ideas,... thx Wes wrote: > ...

familiar problem: cant access office products after installing update
I've seen a couple of other posts for this, but after reading through them didn't find how it was resolved. I installed an update to microsoft office on my laptop and now when I try to use Word or other office products I am asked for the cd key code, which, like others, I can't seem to find as I bought the laptop a few years back now. Also like others, I was using the applications just fine prior to the update. At this point in my frustration, I really just want to uninstall the update, but can't find any documentation on how to do that. Nothing seemed to be bundled with th...

Calculate to another cell as default value
Hi. Given the following: A B C 1 5 9 __ 2 8 10 __ I'd like for the user to enter values in A and B and have Excel display B minus A in C as a DEFAULT value. That is, for row 1, once the user enters 9 in B, I want to display 4 in C but give the user the option to override the calculation. A formula in C won't work because the user would delete the formula if he overrides it. Thanx. I don't Why not use an extra column (C) and have this formula in D: =IF(C1="",B1-A1,C1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "...

Money 2005: Shouldn't the 'Market Value' = 'Last Price' x 'Quanti
For Microsofts Money 2005 delux, shouldn't the 'Market Value' equal the 'Last Price' times the 'Quantity' in the 'Valuation' view of the 'Portfolio Manager', . For example, one line reads: "SYMBOL: ABC , CHART: [^], NAME: ABC Technology Inc., LAST PRICE: 32.65, QUANTITY: 20.000, COST BASIS: 432.00, MARKET VALUE: 15,724.18, INCOME: , PRICE APPRECIATION: 221.00" As you can see, all of the calculations, except the "MARKET VALUE" are correct. Even the PRICE APPRECIATION which depends on the value of the "MARKET VALUE&...

Online account updates
I am using the Money Deluxe 2007 trial and I have my account set up so that it is supposed to automatically download account updates every day. I have never had it download updates. I always have to manually download them by clicking Update Now. Is this a limitation of the trial version? I believe the automatic updates only work if you're setup for "roaming" (using a Passport/Hotmail password). For those of us who don't use that capability, clicking "update now" is the way to go. -- Michael Gordon MVP "RAYMOND DUNTON" <rmdunton@verizon.n...

How to take master page control value in .aspx page
Dear friends, Please tell me how to take master page control value in .aspx page. I have a master page name master1.master, which holds one drop down <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlName" runat="server"> <asp:ListItem>Vinod</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Manoj</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Alok</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Amit</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Osho</asp:ListItem> <asp:ListItem>Ganesh&l...

Update table with a Running Total
Hi, I have a table [Table1] with the fields laid out like this... StationID Date Value CumulativeValue What I need to do through VBA is populate the YTD [CumulativeValue] for each [StationID] for each [Date]. The dates for each Station run from Apr 1 to Oct 1 and the [Value] field contains an Integer value for each day. So what I'm really wanting to do is populate the YTD [Value] for each [StationID] for each [Date]. Thanks, Ken Instead of storing that CumulativeValue in the Table, you can see that thru a Query Report where you havs "From - To" dates. HTH - Bob "KP...

Default value and font colours?
Hi, this is probably something really simple. I have a drop-down box that gets its selections from a table, all I want to do is set it up so that it automatically comes up with one of the items like a default value unless someone wants to change it, I had a look at the default value option in properties but cant work out how to direct it to an actual entry in a table? Also if you have a combo box that shows selections is it possible to make just one of the selections a different colour font from the others? Thank You for all your help! Jay -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.co...

Auto Update error message (constant)
I have Money 2006 Deluxe and have encountered two problems: 1. For more than a week a red <!> icon appears at the upper right of the screen where updates are posted, and clicking on it indicated that, under the MSN Money Synchronization section, "your last call encountered an error" and that "updates are temporarily unavailable." Does this hinder any Money functions? How can it be corrected? I visited MSN Money's web site and didn't see any wrong settings. 2. When I first downloaded this new version of Money, a window popped up at sign-up offering the f...

Help Exporting DATE values
I have a table that has 5000 dates in the "date" column. I need the date exported to a comma delimited file in this format... March 10, 2007 But the date is exported like this in the text file... 3/10/2007 0:00:00 How can I fix this? By the way, changing the format of the date field in the design view of the table doesn't seem to fix this. Help! Thanks Hi Sincity Write a query making the date field as follows dateexport: Format([date],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy") then export the query Regards Ian B "SinCity" wrote: > I have a ...

How to exclude conditional calculated no or zero values from a cha
Picture this: a chart for 30 days and 30 values. The values come from a different table (sheet1!A:G) using the following formula =IF(VLOOKUP(J11;Sheet1!A:G;2;FALSE)="";"";VLOOKUP(J11;Sheet1!A:G;2;FALSE)). If the table on sheet1 has no value (""), then the a.m. formula also displays no value (""). The chart however does show a zero value, which i do not need. Is there a possibility to not show this zero or no value in a chart? Thanks for your help! Hi, Use the formula NA() instead of "". Here are a couple of pages on the subject. http...

Value Y axis
I have a chart with 5 columns in the data range from (typically) the following data. The data range is already set up in a template so the user pastes in values to get the correct chart. Because the data changes with each instance the source data can vary, hence some cells are empty. 0.2 0.0017497 0.0017397 0.001774494 0.001704906 0.4 0.0017613 0.0017397 0.001774494 0.001704906 0.6 0.0017538 0.0017397 0.001774494 0.001704906 0.8 0.0017459 0.0017397 0.001774494 0.001704906 1 0.0017397 0.0017397 0.001774494 0.001704906 1.2 0.0017358 0.0017397 0.001774494 0.001704906 1.6 0.0019809 0.0...

Subform comparison of 2 tables excluding non zero value
I am creating a subform (Access 2003/NT) in which the user will type in a Melt# (contained in the tblChemicalResults). I need to create a side by side comparison of the chemical requirements from the tblChemicalRequirements to the actual results contained in the tblChemicalResults, but I need it to exclude any non zero values from both tables. Each table contains all of the possible 14 different metal elements that could possibly go into making a particular part. Obviously, not all 14 go into every part, so how do I display only the elements that have a non zero value while also display...

Update to Access Multiple tables via VBA
I'm somewhat familiar with updating from Excel to Access via VBA. How can I update to multiple tables in Access that have a one to many relationship using VBA. Table are linked via key. tbl_One is one Many with tbl_Two via Foreign Key tbl_One is one Many with tbl_Three via Foreign Key Set db = OpenDatabase("C:\LinkedTest\LinkTestDB.mdb") ' open the database Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tbl_One", dbOpenTable) With rs ..AddNew ' create a new record ' add values to each field in the record .Fields(&...

Missing values from a pivot table field
I am creating a pivot table from an access database containing 896426 records. The issue I am running into is that on one of the fields the pivot table is only pulling in one of two values, but the access table does contain the second value. When I click on the arrow associated with that field it does not contain the second value either. Is there somewhere else in the settings this value could have been lost? Perhaps try Drag the field off the table Refresh the table Drag the field back on. With pivot tables you need to let us know which XL version you have. pivot ta...

Just updated to Money 2005 what a mess
I just brought home Money 2005 Deluxe, installed it and opened my accounts to a disaster. Bills, still showing on the calendar are not appearing in the bill/deposit list. My cash flow graph is gone from the check register screen. The cash flow chart in the cash flow screen is now completely wrong. For some reason I now have hundreds of overdue bills and deposits from as far back as 2002, which weren’t present in Money 2004, that are causing my cash flow to be completely bogus. Starting account balances, void, reconciled, cleared status didn’t properly convert. Everything was perfect in ...

Copy to specified sheet, values only
Good morning I hope someone can help me with this. I am currently using the following code to copy the entire data from one sheet, and paste it below the previous data in a different sheet: Set srcsht = Sheets("Working") Set dstsht = Sheets("All Trades") LastrowA = srcsht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row LastrowB = dstsht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1 srcsht.Range("A1:A" & LastrowA).EntireRow.Copy dstsht.Cells(LastrowB, 1) However, I need the macro to only paste the values, not the formulas, data...

Update failed
I have tried to update the following , .netframework version 3.5 and it fails everytime and this has been going on for several weeks yet my error reports gives me no helpful info. I am running XP version sp3 "cturner399" <cturner399@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F96A529-5ACF-43E9-B3FF-014F2451DDAC@microsoft.com... >I have tried to update the following , .netframework version 3.5 and it > fails everytime and this has been going on for several weeks yet my error > reports gives me no helpful info. I am running XP version sp3 We need...

Adding daily updates to other master sheets
Hi Please can nayone help me in following There are an activity sheet which will contain update related to orders in coulmn D. I need to tranfer the updates column H and Column J of this worksheet to different worksheet as per match found in column D. Column J entries need to be replaced in other sheets which I am able to do as per macro_run. For B = 2 To 50 For A = 3 To 50 If Worksheets("Activity").Cells(B, 4).Value = Worksheets("IP_MPLS").Cells(A, 1).Value Then Worksheets("IP_MPLS").Cells(A, 32).Value = Workshee...