How to see P&L for individual lot of stock in MS 05

Is there a report available in MS Money Premium 05 that shows the P&L for
each lot of a stock holding?

Ex. let's say I bought lot A, 100 shares of Microsoft at $20 and then, one
week later, another 50 shares, lot B, at $30. If Microsoft is $25, lot A has
a profit of $500 ($25-$20*100) and lot B has a loss of $250.

Money 05 shows me a total profit of $250 in Microsoft stock in a few
portfolio views but the real information for tax planning purposes is that I
have a lot I can sell with a $250 tax loss.  Or, if I have a $500 gain in my
portfolio for the year, I can sell lot A and not pay any taxes on it.

Can I create such a report in MS Money Premium 05?

Thanks,

Miles
0
Miles (62)
1/27/2005 8:33:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Miles wrote:

>Is there a report available in MS Money Premium 05 that shows the P&L for
>each lot of a stock holding?
>
>Ex. let's say I bought lot A, 100 shares of Microsoft at $20 and then, one
>week later, another 50 shares, lot B, at $30. If Microsoft is $25, lot A has
>a profit of $500 ($25-$20*100) and lot B has a loss of $250.
>
>Money 05 shows me a total profit of $250 in Microsoft stock in a few
>portfolio views but the real information for tax planning purposes is that I
>have a lot I can sell with a $250 tax loss.  Or, if I have a $500 gain in my
>portfolio for the year, I can sell lot A and not pay any taxes on it.
>
>Can I create such a report in MS Money Premium 05?

See
Investing->InvestingTools->CapitalGainsEstimator->EstimateCapitalGains.

Click the + sign in front of a stock to see how the basis lots are
faring.

If you enter an amount into QtyToSell it should tell you the
gain/loss at current prices.

I don't know why you cannot print it.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/27/2005 8:56:45 PM
Great.  This is what I needed.

Follow-up questions:

1) Is there a way to expand all stock holdings at once instead of pressing
the plus sign after each stock?

2) Is there a way to sort by unrealized gain/loss?  The current sort in the
screen that you identify is by account sorted by holding. Would be handy to
sort by unrealized gain or loss for each lot.

Thanks,

Miles

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Miles wrote:
>
> >Is there a report available in MS Money Premium 05 that shows the P&L for
> >each lot of a stock holding?
> >
> >Ex. let's say I bought lot A, 100 shares of Microsoft at $20 and then, one
> >week later, another 50 shares, lot B, at $30. If Microsoft is $25, lot A has
> >a profit of $500 ($25-$20*100) and lot B has a loss of $250.
> >
> >Money 05 shows me a total profit of $250 in Microsoft stock in a few
> >portfolio views but the real information for tax planning purposes is that I
> >have a lot I can sell with a $250 tax loss.  Or, if I have a $500 gain in my
> >portfolio for the year, I can sell lot A and not pay any taxes on it.
> >
> >Can I create such a report in MS Money Premium 05?
>
> See
> Investing->InvestingTools->CapitalGainsEstimator->EstimateCapitalGains.
>
> Click the + sign in front of a stock to see how the basis lots are
> faring.
>
> If you enter an amount into QtyToSell it should tell you the
> gain/loss at current prices.
>
> I don't know why you cannot print it.

0
Miles (62)
1/27/2005 10:41:06 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Miles wrote:

>Great.  This is what I needed.
>
>Follow-up questions:
>
>1) Is there a way to expand all stock holdings at once instead of pressing
>the plus sign after each stock?

No.

Notice the Distribution drop down. You can set your method and enter
a QtyToSell, and the lots will be selected per your method without
expanding the +.

>2) Is there a way to sort by unrealized gain/loss?  The current sort in the
>screen that you identify is by account sorted by holding. Would be handy to
>sort by unrealized gain or loss for each lot.

No hidden features there that I know of.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

CRM Email Router keeps seeing an old ghost server
Hello everyone, I got a strange problem yesterday, I couldn't solve yet. I think it's a bit interresting in digging about technical stuff I explain : I used CRM 3 and Email router a long time ago. I never quit the domain on this server ( named ZEUS ) I updated to CRM4, but not the router. I then installed a new DC, a new server, moved to this server, but forgot to remove the old server in the license manager configurator ( or something like this from the start menu ) Everything goes fine. Yesterday I decided to send mail from the CRM, so decided to install the Router from the CD...

SFO problems 08-16-05
Hi all! Im desperate looking for a solution! Previous month I have installed MS CRM! When I went on my vacation all worked fine. Now I'm back and on a mysterious way 3 of my users have problems, but all have different ones. I know the problems are caused bij the SFO because when I try it with the IE all works fine. The first problem is that when the user select contacts/accounts/etc in Outlook the error is prompted "page cannot be found". This error isn't solved by restarting Outlook or a ISSreset. The second problems is when an other users wants to create a new con...

More about application domain 05-17-10
Hi! If I want to have 5 application domain and in each one have the assembly test1.exe and test2.exe be executing. the only way to do this is to have 5*2 = 10 threads be running. This must be correct ? Now to one more question when you run two assemblies test1.exe and test2.exe in th esame application domain these two might interfere with each other resources because they might share some resources. So here we might have to use some kind of synchronization to shared resources. This must also be correct ?. You don't have to worry about synchronization when you run exe...

How to change current pst location in MS Office 2000
How to change current pst location in MS Office 2000? By default it is in User's Profile outlook folder. How to locate it in other folderin MS Office 2000 Move the file when Outlook is closed. The next time you start Outlook it will ask you for the new location. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "MhaskarPrashant" <MhaskarPrashant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED9E25A-BA0D-4583-BEE2-507C9DF2D8AB@microsoft.com...

Workflow not working 06-09-05
The workflow we have created has suddenly stopped working. In the event viewer I get an error stating the user does not have a license. I have concluded that since the person who created the workflow rule no longer has a license, the workflow is not working. However, I do not wan that person to have license, he no longer uses CRM and we need the license for another user. Is the way to assign workflow rules? Or some other workaround for this? To solve this I went into the database and changed the user context field in the worklfow tables. "Reichert" wrote: > The work...

How do I change
When typing long text into the cell page break is not dividing it, so as a result only part of text is printed out. Changing the column width of is not the option. How I can change the default maximum row height (409 points to the larger number, and how I could devide cell with the page break? ...

Outlook Connector 05-04-10
Re. Outlook 2003, SP3 Outlook Connector 12.0.6423.1000 * I only use Outlook Connector to sync with my Hotmail accounts. I restarted Outlook and to my surprise got this warning: "To continue accessing your mail using Microsoft Office Outlook, you must upgrade to the latest version of Outlook Connector." Options <Upgrade Now>, <Remind me later> - I clicked <Remind me later> I checked Microsoft downloads for the latest version of Outlook Connector and see it is still the same 12.0.6423.1000 (3/27/2009) So what's up? q1. Should I choose to &...

Can MS-outlook cache email address in "send to" area?
Hi I'm wondering if outlook can memorize the email address I have used or those in address book as what outlook express does. It's pretty convinient to type in the first letters of email address in "to.." area and automatically apend the rest. I appreciate if you can give me answer. Thanks. -Yi Zhang In Outlook, choose Tools - Options. In the Preferences tab choose Email Options. Select Advanced E-Mail Options. Check the box that states "Suggest names while completing To, CC, and Bcc Fields." Hopefully that helps. >-----Original Message-----...

Cannot see all folders of shared Mailbox
Outlook 2003 Microsoft Exchange Server I have permission to view another user's mailbox. When I add it, I can see the Inbox and a small selection of the subfolders of that Inbox. However, I know that there are many more folders than I can see. Unlike an IMAP account, I can't seem to find anything telling me how to select the folders to view. The folders I am looking for are all subfolders of the Inbox and not personal folders on the other user's pc. I have no idea how it made its random selection of folders to view, (though I guess it probably isn't really random). How d...

Use this patch from the MS
--jnxtsndxcx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ylajmskifhge"; type="multipart/alternative" --ylajmskifhge Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xbypdgtfzu" --xbypdgtfzu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, th...

Can not see my text when I try to edit the text box.
I have Visio for Enterprise Architects SP-2. I tried to edit the text box created by the previous visio versions using pointer or A mode. When I double-click the text or select the text, they are blue. When I enter into the text, I can not see the text that I suppose to edit. I have the same software on the laptop where I do not have the problem. How can I set the option so that I could see the text that I need to edit? Usually the background color contrasts with the text color to make it visible, but in some cases the background color and the text color match or are very similar. I...

see my code and help me..~ plz
CDC memDC; memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(NULL) I made memory dc with Parameter NULL, which means SYSTEM compatible DC as far as i know.. Because I can't use View's DC in my module that manipulate Bitmap.. And then I made CBitmap.. CBitmap bitmap; bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&memDC, 200,200); But What I noticed here is the bitmap that I've just created is 1bit bitmap, that is white-black bitmap.. I can not understand why.. I saw some source that manipulate bitmap like rotate.. stretch here.. That used same kind of memDC, which was created by the function CreateCompatibleDC wi...

Importing Calender data from MS Project
Hi, Has anyone has any experience exporting their calender data from MS Project into the MS Outlook calender, can this be done ?? Thanks Pete ...

Scattered Diagram using MS Chart Control
Hi, I have two questions using the ActiveX MSChart Control. Since there obviously is no documentation for Visual C++ I hope to find an answer here. I want to generate an XY chart. Displaying the chart I get a rather big problem. The values on the Y axis range from - 128 to +128, while the X-axis contains data that goes far beyond that range (>1000). Now when I plot the chart I get a long and thin graph, as if the display resolution is the same for the X and Y axis. But I want the graph to completely fill out the designated area, i.e. stretch the Y-axis until it fits. Does anybody ...

I cannot see sender's stationery
A couple of days ago it seems that a setting somehow got changed and i am no longer able to see the senders stationery when i receive a message. I have stationery on my own messages and they are they when i send the message, but when i go look at the message in the Sent Items folder after it has been sent, it does not show it there either. Anyone know how to get this fixed so i can see the stationery in my inbox and sent items? thanks!! ...

Style Separator Used in a Frame (MS Word 2007)
Hello, I'm using MS Word 2007 on a PC with Windows XP. Here is my issue: I am putting a figure and caption in a frame, but i don't want the entire caption to show up in my table of figures. For example, I have a caption like: Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator: (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram I don't want the entire caption ": (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram" to show up in my table of figures; therefore, I tried to use a style separator and I have: Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator % : (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram where "%&...

How to find the string with (utf-8) and no sign but all the same results in MS S
How to find the string with (utf-8) and no sign but all the same results in MS SQL 2005 Example: I want to search string "nhà đẹp" or "nha dep" all the result in "nhà đẹp" Thanks, nhphuong -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201003/1 Use a case insensitive collation; for example Latin1_General_CI_AI wich is both Case Insensitive (CI) and Accent Insensitive (AI) : Select Case when N'nh� d?p' = N'nha dep' then 'Equal' Else 'Not Equal' End as Test1,...

Cannot see pictures in Publisher 2003
I have Microsoft Publisher 2003. I can create publications with pictures, text and backgrounds fine. I can save them fine. When I open a publication back up, I can't see any of the pictures or background. All of the graphics are transparent. If I click in their area a box will form where they are. If I print the document all of the graphics print fine. I have found no updated and have run repair off of the original program CD to no avail. BAB wrote: >I have Microsoft Publisher 2003. I can create publications > with pictures, text and backgrounds fine. I can save them > fine....

Datasheet View Record to be displayed in a Individual Form.
I have a a form that's in Datasheet View and I'm looking for a way whenever I click a specific record on the Datasheet view that I would want a Form to open with the relevant information from the line I was on in datasheet view. I know I should use the DoubleClick Event , but could not retrieve the record no matter what I do Could someone assist me with this? Please Help Any help would be appreciated. Use the form's OnCurrent event to run DoCmd.OpenForm or something else. Also consider using a subform datasheet if that's available in your version of Access. Jasmin...

Accounts
While creating a New Mail message in my Microsoft Outlook 2003 I get an option ACCOUNTS which gives choice to send by MS Outlook & Outlook. What is this and what the difference between the two accounts ? In news:7C4666DB-0C0A-4BFA-98C1-ECA84D7B818D@microsoft.com, CKT <CKT@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > While creating a New Mail message in my Microsoft Outlook 2003 I get > an option ACCOUNTS which gives choice to send by MS Outlook & > Outlook. What is this and what the difference between the two > accounts ? These are the names of whatever e-mail accounts ...

Email Activity -- who should see it?
I'm having trouble understanding the email activity. I created an email activity and specified another user/employee as the email recipient. I saved the record without sending it. The email activity shows up in my Workplace -> Drafts list (as I expected), but it also shows up as an open activity for the recipient (now what I expected). Once I sent the message, it became a closed activity. ...

New G/L Accounts description
New to V9. Just noticed that a new Account, by which I mean a new combination of the 4 existing segments we use, results in an automatic description using all 4 segments. Is there a way to default the description to just one of the segment descriptors? Can't find anything in help. Thanks Anyone? noyb wrote: > New to V9. Just noticed that a new Account, by which I mean a new > combination of the 4 existing segments we use, results in an automatic > description using all 4 segments. Is there a way to default the > description to just one of the segment descriptors? Can&#...

Maternity Clothes (L/XL)
I give him(her) 70 dlls ...

test103 10-05-07
test This is the body of the article ...

Importing Leads 05-05-05
Is it possible to attach a note through the lead import process? No this is not possible. You would have to write your own custome Lead import utility to do this. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "astuartmills" <astuartmills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7E34BA8-81CB-4376-AFAC-E7DB2E2AA45B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to attach a note through the lead import process? Or, you could create a workflow rule that created a note whenever a new lead was created. (You could modify the condition of the rule to specify a ...