How to make an 'Investment' account a 'day-to-day' account?

Hello,

I want to make 'investment' accounts  part of my cash  flow calculations,
but Money only lets me do so called' day-to-day accounts (checking, savings,
credit etc). It excludes all investments accounts. Can you please hell me How
to make an 'Investment' account a 'day-to-day' account or any other way I can
make Money take day-to-day accounts in its cash flow calculations?

Regards,

SNV
0
SNV (12)
10/23/2006 2:34:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I wanted to be a bit more specific. Money does consider 'Cash' portion of an
'investment' account a 'day-to-day' account. But I'd like Money to treat even
actual 'investment' portion as 'day-to-day' account. Any thoughts on how to
go about it?

Regards,

SNV

"SNV" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to make 'investment' accounts  part of my cash  flow calculations,
> but Money only lets me do so called' day-to-day accounts (checking, savings,
> credit etc). It excludes all investments accounts. Can you please hell me How
> to make an 'Investment' account a 'day-to-day' account or any other way I can
> make Money take day-to-day accounts in its cash flow calculations?
>
> Regards,
>
> SNV
0
SNV (12)
10/23/2006 2:43:01 AM
You can't.

"SNV" <SNV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I wanted to be a bit more specific. Money does consider 'Cash' portion of
>an
> 'investment' account a 'day-to-day' account. But I'd like Money to treat
> even
> actual 'investment' portion as 'day-to-day' account. Any thoughts on how
> go about it?

0
spam_magnet (1210)

can you make one worksheet update another
I have two similar worksheets within the same workbook. One sheet is sorted by name and the other sheet is sorted by a date for a speicfic name. Is there a way to change the date on the sheet, sorted by name, and that will automatically find the name on the other sheet(sorted by date) and change the date to the second sheet? Jaime, The normal way is to have one table, and sort it as needed when needed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jaime S." <Jaime S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Usig sdk to add a note to an existing account
Hi, Anyone know how to add a note programatically to an existing Account? Thanks John Hi John, It really depends on your situation the most obvious way is to use the CRM web services and simply use the create method. Public Sub CreateAnnotation() Dim service As New CrmService() service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials Dim myNote As New annotation service.Create(myNote) End Sub Of course you will need to specify all the required fields; the above alone would fail! including the associated object ID (the GUID of the accoun...

How to stop flooding on e-mail accounts
What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. Its worth having a quick chat with your ISP as they may have something to help. >-----Original Message----- >What product should I use if I want to eliminate, for example, the >possibility of a hacker hit one of my users with thousands of e-mails until >his mailbox is full ? I have Symantec AVF3.0. > > >. > Marlon, Try Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). Besides fil...

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Multiple users one pop account
I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem. The client has a 2 pop mail accounts on the system. One account is personal. The other is shared and multiple users access the mail from that account. In order to ensure that all users are able to retrieve that mail, the shared account is configured to leave mail on the server and then after 10 days it is pulled from the server. The problem is that out of the 4 people who share that pop mail account (from different computers), one of them is getting duplicates for mail that has already been retrieved by that system? (not all the time, just once a...

Append Query every day at certain time automatically
Hi, So i have a query qryStats. Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats. I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is exactly what i want. Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day. What are my options? Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day at, lets say 16:00? YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could also create...

Bring in list of accounts in the Quick Journal setup
when setting up a Quick Journal, allow for an option to bring in a range of accounts by any segment of an account. For example, all salary accounts, all postage accounts.. rather than selecting each one individually or using the Table Import ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Is there a economical Microsoft Accounting software that integrate
We now that RMS integrate with quickbooks and peachtree... we are looking for a solution for an accounting system of Microsoft, but not Great Plains since its high cost. We were told of Microsoft Accounting system but was also told that it was discontinue. Is there a Microsoft program equaveltn to quickbook/peachtree pricing and also intergrates with RMS? ...

Make Excel Work faster
I have a file, that is +- 200MB in size, and has +- 150 worksheets with 700 lines of formulaes in each worksheet. Problem is that when I update the one sheet where the lookup is, it takes about 10min to do the calculation. I am also running a PIV 3Ghz HT with 1gig RAM. How can I get Excel to perform faster? You could set calculation to Manual while entering the data and recalculate with F9. 10 minutes seems a bit long, but we don't know your formulas. Especially VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP are very sensitive for the 4th argument. For many tips about performance, especially lookups, check...

Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284189186_6066939 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Is there a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the formatting toolbar showing? What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn�t seem to get it to stick to the menu bars, much less appear as a default. Thanks! Best, - Bill Leopard 10.5.1 Office 2008 --B_3284189186_6066939 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859...

Multicurrency activation and Project accounting
I am about to turn on MC where project accounting is running -- the database has 10 years of data. Does any one know how long running check links will take? AND, will all Projects read as the functional currency following this? I am very concerned about making this change and would like to hear the good and bad if anyone has done it before. Thanks! -- daunheik I would recommend setting up a test server and testing all changes completely. It is a good idea to involve the users in the testing. It is very important to test all changes in GP before applying them to a prod...

Can I have one register from two accounts in M03 and in import question
I have just begun trying-out Money 2003 and am having trouble doing what I want to do. I have two accounts, one is a Merrill Lynch money market account which contains my portfolio and my VISA account and I also write checks in that account. The second account is a Credit Union account in which deposits are made and from which I pay bills. I would like to have one register that will contain all deposits and expenditures, including the VISA charges, from both accounts. Can I do this and how? Also, ML only keeps 90 days worth of transactions. I would like to load the entire year into Mone...

exchange checking other pop3 accounts on other servers
I have a local exchange server on a small network. our email is hosted by our isp on a dedicated server I have using mail enable. I connect to it via pop 3. I have the exchange box on the network to have a mail store so I don't loose email. That's it's only real funciton. When I get email through outlook 07 it's from the other server and then it saves in exchange etc. is there any way in exchange 2003 or the upcomming 2007 server to have IT check the other server box so I don't have to do it through outlook? This would allow me to not have to have outlook running for...

Excel 2002 Day/Date format
For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". The option doesn't exist under the Date category of the Format Cells command. Anyone have any ideas? Hi Have you tried using a Custom format? -- Andy. "The Kingfish" <KCKingfish@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:MGjke.4830$X92.1081@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be > formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". > > The option doesn&...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

How do you make the results of a concatenate permanent text?
I have two columns of text which I have concatenated but I need the results to be text not just the results. I have tried copying the column to another column - that doesn't work so.................. Did you try PasteSpecial Values? "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:343DF1BB-6AA7-4107-9BF6-FCFBA02F29C8@microsoft.com... > I have two columns of text which I have concatenated but I need the results > to be text not just the results. I have tried copying the column to another > column - that doesn't work so...............

Outlook 2007 when activesyncing moves all appt to next day?
Why do all of the appointments in Outlook 2007 move to the next day when activesyncing to/ from my smart phone (an HTC- T Mobile phone). Never had this problem when I had Office 2003. THe appointments stay correct on my phone, but move to the next day in my computer.. a total mess! Does not matter how I set up active sync as for as advanced tools in determinig to replace on the desktop versus the device. Check your DST settings in both Outlook and the PC, as well as on your phone. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Chart of Accounts Details
Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a chart of account id? You can use an Alphanumeric chart but proceed carefully - it often proved to be impractical and rigid. HS "Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message news:225d201c45d4c$6f57a8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a > chart of account id? Some auditors have problems with alpha account numbers. Proceed with caution. "Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message news:225d201c45d4c$6f5...

Microsoft Accounting Express 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0261_01C7E5D3.0C9526B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please tell me where Microsoft Accounting Express 2007 fits into money = management. Money ( I use MS Money 2007 Deluxe) seems to do most all of = things that I need except for reporting. I have a small real estate = business and an investment property along with financial investments, = but I have no employees or any need to print out invoices or purchase = orders. I really would like to have a packa...

Issue: Changing the Exchange 2003 Service Account
Hi, I received the following error message when trying to set an Exchange Service Account for an Exchange 2003 server. I changed from a local account to an account that is a member of Schema Admins, Enterprise Admins, and Domain Admins. The error message is: "The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant Service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the performance logs and alerts service." In addition, the following Event ID's are found in the Application Log: - 1005 (unexpected error, the logon attemp...

outlook2003 with exchange 2003, problem replying with the predefined account
Hi to all, this is my problem. I have 3 accounts on my outlook 2003, an exchange one and 2 pop3 (we can call external pop3 and internal pop3) The external pop3 is predefined and i use it correctly when i send email to people in the domain or not. When i reply to the internal email instead, automatically outlook sends the mail through the internal pop3, although the predefined is the external one... Anyone can help? Matteo POP3 is a single mailbox client mail retrieval protocol, not a mail transport protocol. Any attempt to use it as a mail transport protocol is a great big kludge. Exc...

Reassigning Accounts 06-07-06
When I reassigned an account, all associated activities for that account, subaccount and all contacts also changed - destroying our history of which users performed which activities. Can this be prevented? On a similar note, I do have a few fields in the account, that when I change them on the account record, I would like them to be changed on subaccounts and contacts. ------=_NextPart_0001_209C2B0B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, This is Mike responding, Many of the relationships between entitys and attributes are set to automatically cascade t...

Service Activites that span more than several days
I know this has been brought up before, but I haven't found a solid answer. I basically have users that I'm scheduling stuff to that obviously don't work on the weekends (and are configured as such). If I have a 7 day service that needs to span a weekend, the weekend is counted as apart of that service activity. Is there any method to "push" the days out so they don't include the weekend and only encompass the actual workable days? I'm a bit desperate here. Even a programmatic solution will do. The only solution I found was to chop up the service activity. But I...