how to enter call option transaction

I sold some call options that were eventually exercised. Under list of
selections available, there is an "exercise" option, but it's for the
purpose of ME exercising the option. The call options were exercised
by someone else. What I ended up doing is entering a "buy to close"
for the option for $0, then sold the underlying stock at the strike
price without commission. There must be a better way to do this.
0
talismana (59)
6/23/2004 12:11:48 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, namsilat wrote:

>I sold some call options that were eventually exercised. Under list of
>selections available, there is an "exercise" option, but it's for the
>purpose of ME exercising the option. The call options were exercised
>by someone else. What I ended up doing is entering a "buy to close"
>for the option for $0, then sold the underlying stock at the strike
>price without commission. There must be a better way to do this.

What kind of transaction did you use to enter the original option?
It should have been Sell To Open.

Then click Exercise. While it looks like you are selling now,
continue. Money will issue a Buy to Close, and a Sell of the
underlying stock. It makes the sell price the same as the buy, and
puts the total of the strike plus option proceeds as the sell price
for the stock.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Allow user to set and save a default option button.
Win 2000 Prof. SP4 Office 2000 Prof. I have an excel worksheet with 3 option buttons on it. The Excel file will be read-only and distributed to several users using stand alone laptops. By default the first option button is selected on open. That's how the file will be saved. I want different users to be able to change which option button will be selected when the Excel file opens so they don't have to click on a different option button every time if they always want an option selected other than option button 1. I want the Excel file to hold a user selected default for a startup opti...

Automatically convert a Phone Call into Opportunity ?
I have a Phone Call Campaign Activity distributed to a Contact, I have added a customized field (Accept/Unaccept) in the Phone Call. The normal crm operation flow is that the users choose "accepted" in the picklist and then save the Phone Call, after that they need to convert the phone call into Opportunity. However, the user want to bypass the 'step' to click the "Convert to Opportunity" button. What the users required is that when they SAVE the phone call whenever the picklist value is ACCEPT. The system will automatically convert the phone call into op...

Transaction Logs #3
I have a big problem My transaction logs will not purge. I have my veritas backup set to purge the logs upon backup but it's not working. It was suggested to me that I try NTbackup. I did that and stil no luck. Can I delete the earlier ones and leave like a month? Or is there a utility I can run to putge the logs? Ntutils? I'm running out of hard drive space and I'd rather not enable circular logging. You really need to get on Online Backup of your Exchange Server. Do NOT start deleting log files! Do you have Veritas Support? For NTBACKUP please verify at, http:...

Find cause of error when calling CFrameWnd::Create()
Hello, in my application I had a call to CFrameWnd::Create() return 0 (which indicates an error), so my question is: Is there a function I can call to get a more detailed description of the error, maybe something mfc specific? I tried a simple ::GetLastError(), but it returned 0.... Eric Lilja wrote: > Hello, in my application I had a call to CFrameWnd::Create() return 0 (which > indicates an error), so my question is: Is there a function I can call to get > a more detailed description of the error, maybe something mfc specific? I > tried a simple ::GetLastError(), but it re...

How do I offer ChartType options?
I have a chart loaded onto a Userform and am looking for a way to fi multiple chart options via option buttons. To illustrate, catering fo 2 options, I attempted something like the codes below which failed wit Type mismatch error. (The variable CharttNme is declared global a module level). What am I doing wrong? David. The codes: Dim CharttNme Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() Call CharttType End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_Click() Call CharttType End Sub Private Sub CharttType() If OptionButton1.Value = True Then chartNme = xlScatterSmooth ElseIf OptionButton2.Value = True Then chart...

Ship Items With $0.00 Transaction Amount
I have a couple of customers that ship promo mechandise or replace broken or damaged items by sending a item at $0.00 assigning a shipping carrier at a $0.00 shipping charge. The transaction will complete but not be added to the Shipping table. There needs to be some form of tender for the transaction to hit the shipping table. Can we fix this? We are having the same problem any solution? "Elypsis Tech" wrote: > I have a couple of customers that ship promo mechandise or replace broken or > damaged items by sending a item at $0.00 assigning a shipping carrier at a ...

Option Button
I've got 5 questions set up in a form in Excel where I want to use the Option Button from the Forms menu. So I set up 5 separate groups so the buttons would behave independently within the groups. However, how do I get rid of the border and the text "Group XX"? I think you'll have to use a bit of VBA. Option Explicit Sub testme() ActiveSheet.GroupBoxes.Visible = False End Sub Change it to True to see them again--nicer for developing. == If you don't use macros, you can select your sheet, then hit alt-F11 (to get to the VBE) then hit ctrl-G (to see the immed...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Access violation on calling GetSafeHwnd()
When I am calling this function, I am getting an access violation error. Can somebody tell me why is it happening. I am running this application on Windows Vista. Regards, Pooja Katiyar. Testkr wrote: > When I am calling this function, I am getting an access violation error. > Can somebody tell me why is it happening. I am running this application on > Windows Vista. Show a few lines of your code. I would guess you are using a CWnd pointer that is not actually pointing at a CWnd. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Hi Scott, Here is the piece of code - BOOL CZedObjectFrame::O...

Field Service & FSA: Printed Service Call Tickets
Printed Service Call Tickets should include the Item Description ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f4b09ea-b67f-425e-a364-bfa992904003&dg=microsoft.public...

select two option to one criteria
thanks for you help yesterday with a dsum just one quick question this code below ..... [cbMonth] & "' And [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production'") how do i get it to select "Others" as well in [Revenue Stream Division] so something like [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production' & 'other'") but that didn't work thanks ..... [cbMonth] & "' And ([Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production' Or [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Other')") "Alan" wrote: > >...

Debug assertion in call to GetClientRect()
Hello. I have laid a static control horizontally centered on my CFormView-derived View (SDI application). What I wish to do is make sure it will always be centered as the application's window is resized in runtime. So I added a message map for the WM_SIZE message on the View (not the Frame) and a member variable of the type CStatic to hold a reference to the label. Unfortunately, the following debug assertion is failing in the OnSize handler: "ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd));". It happens when I try to call GetClientRect() on the CStatic member in order to find its current di...

Ideas for Items Allocated to Service Calls report?
Hi there, Any ideas on what's the best way to produce a Items Allocated to Service Calls report? Thanks again. Regards, Darien Tisseur Microsoft Certified Trainer Professional Advantage Pty Ltd www.pa.com.au/microsoft We issue a work order /order or an invoice and allocate all the parts taken - we remove what is brought back and invoice what is used. "Darien Tisseur" wrote: > Hi there, > > Any ideas on what's the best way to produce a Items Allocated to Service > Calls report? > > Thanks again. > > Regards, > > Darien Tisseur > ...

Lots of Frustration
Okay, I have posted many times over the past few years about these darn spreadsheets. I appreciate all the help in the past. I picked up a few things here and there, but I just can't get over the hump and fix these worksheets so I don't have to keep managing them. I will go into detail below, but I have just way too many calculations in these workbooks. Some workbooks are as large as 10MB and have thousands of formulas, so they can be very cumbersome. I have tried named dynamic ranges, tried to simplify the formula process and removed as much 'bloat' (like hyperlinks to na...

Challenging problem! Recording the time in an adjacent cell when text is entered
Does anyone have a way of using excel as follows: if I enter text in say cell A1 how can I ask excel to record the exact time I entered that text (in minutes and seconds) in say cell B1 I assume you can use the clock on your computer or maybe a stopwatch VBA plug in that counts time up or down in excel?? The reason for this is I'm wanting to use excel, run on my laptop, to record when various events happen on the basketball court such as an intercept, basket in the circle, basket outside the circle etc. Cheers, Snowy Australia. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ M...

auto copy data entered to a main spreadsheet
Is there a way that an excel file can be setup to automatically copy a record, when it's entered, to a master excel file? This would be data entered on multiple sheets and by multiple users. Also, can more than one file copy records to the master file. thanks. I don't think I'd do anything like this automatically. If the user made a typing mistake, it would be a pain to make sure that the bad record is dumped and the good record is added. I think I'd let the input go to each separate sheet and then when I was happy, I'd grab the data and plop it onto a master work...

call a phone number from Access by clicking
Hi, Is there any code or macro to input in a control to be able to call a phone number with my telephone tool by clicking the phone control in Access ? Thanks for any help LinaBrussels "LinaBrussels" <LinaBrussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687004A6-8807-4B85-AF52-B4F3E1928169@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any code or macro to input in a control to be able to call a phone > number with my telephone tool by clicking the phone control in Access ? > Thanks for any help > LinaBrussels If I remember correctly, one of the options, when usi...

stupid mistake on entering data.
What I did was when reciving payment from invoices, I entered it to my business checking insted to accounts recivable. I need to know how to change all figures from checking back to accounts recivable. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks Art. ...

Option Buttons Group Box
I am constructing a questionaire with responses from 1 - 5. After using the "group box" tool to group the option buttons for a response to the second question, the response from the first set is eliminated. How do I keep the responses seperate for each set of questions? Also, how do I make the border for the group box disappear? First, did you use the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar--not the controltoolbox toolbar? (it sounds like you may have mixed and matched your controls.) If you did use optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar, you can "group" them b...

GP 8.0
When running a detailed or summarized receivables trial balance (Reports > Sales > Trial balance > Historical Aged Trial Balance > "your customized report") it would be very helpful if there was an option to "reduce oldest aging period amounts by unapplied credit amounts." This option exists when printing statements (Tools > Routines > Sales > Statements > check box option) and as far as I know it does not exist in the receivables trial balance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggesti...

Duplicate Downloaded Transactions
I have money 2005 Deluxe and have run into a huge problem. When money downloads transaction that are duplicate and are in my bill & deposits it enters a new transaction and "changes my Next Due date on the bill". I don't have auto except turned on so I go thru the bills and just delete the duplicates but the due dates on my bills are now all wrong. Any ideas on how to fix this, or work around this without turning off the download feature ? In microsoft.public.money, Robert Ward wrote: >I have money 2005 Deluxe and have run into a huge problem. When money >do...

Downloaded transactions misidentified every time
Once a month when my credit card statement is available as an Active Statement, I import it into Money 2004. Every time (for the last three months now) it consistently misidentifies one of the payees/categories as "Account adjustment." The correct payee information is in the download, but Money insists on ignoring it. Is there some way I can force Money to identify it correctly and assign it to the correct category? Since I usually have 2 or 3 entries per week that need correcting, it's gone beyond slightly annoying. I should mention that the full payee name is the same for ever...

How to put line feed in a cell using a character not Alt/Enter
I need to import a csv file into another application and as there are a lot of lines I need to be able to do a find and replace of a symbol to a line field. This means I have a string of data in a cell and I want to get the cell with the line feed back into it. If I'm following you here's an example macro that replaces each space in a cell with a line feed character. Sub a() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Selection.Cells Cell.Value = Replace(Cell.Value, " ", Chr(10)) Next End Sub -- Jim "David Crowther" <David Crowther@discussions...

Finding Transactions
I am using Money 06. Is there a way for me to locate transactions across my accounts where the 'Category' is blank? Thanks Transactions by Category report customized Category|Clear All, Category|Include unassigned income transactions, Category|Include unassigned expense transactions, Date|All Dates, Account|Select All, etc. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D7BE0D-2C92-42B2-8E58-BCF2202096D1@microsoft.com... >I am using Money 06. Is there a way for me to locate transactions across my > accounts where the 'Category' is bl...

Add Vendor Id to the sorting options on the Payables Transaction .
Current sorting options at the bottom of the Payables Transaction Entry window are batch id and voucher number. Please add Vendor ID. Great idea. I just checked and the PM_Transaction_Work table which stores the Payables transaction data already has 4 keys. 1) Batch ID 2) Voucher Number which are already used, but also 3) Vendor ID 4) Document Number. To make this change does not even require a data model change. Infact you could use the Modified to add Vendor ID and Document Number into the '(L) Transaction Sortby' Drop Down List Static Text and it should work for you. Da...