How to combine two Money Files?

I have two separate money files, one with all my stock
info, and the other with checking, savings accounts,
etc.  I would like to combine the two into one file.  Is
there a way to do this?

(I'm using Money 2003 small business)
0
anonymous (74722)
9/16/2004 3:03:28 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Decide which one of the two you want to make your main one. From the "other"
one export all accounts in QIF format. Load the new "main" file and import
the QIF files. Make sure to import them all together to avoid any transfers
being double counted (use CTRL + Click when asked which file to import).

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Seamus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two separate money files, one with all my stock
> info, and the other with checking, savings accounts,
> etc.  I would like to combine the two into one file.  Is
> there a way to do this?
>
> (I'm using Money 2003 small business)

0
SPAM5796 (251)

Switiching to Money from Quicken
Morning all, I've had it with Quicken (Canada). I've read many posts from this newsgroup and I'm encouraged that there is a cheaper alternative to the $99 upgrade just to download mutual fund quotes for one year. So basically I would like a few questions answered that were not answered on the Money website. 1. Maybe a bit to general, but are these two programs really that different in functioning. It seems that Money took the Quicken framework and built on it. 2. I want to download mutual fund/stock/currency quotes for as long as I run this software (well at least more than...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Combining Landscape and Portrait pages in a single document
While it was not possible in Publisher 2003, is there a chance that it is now possible in Publisher 2007 to have a landscape page in a portrait document? ...

Box when opening File
Quick question...When I open up one of my saved files, Visio automatically puts some kind of box (function box possibly) around my heading and some of the text. I'll take it off and save and it isn't there. But when I close the file and then open it up again later it's there again. I try to delete the box but it deletes my text with it. I can't resize or delete the box (actually conjoined boxes) by itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to call...214-981-6324. Thanks! Try changing the line weight of the shape to none. John... Visio MVP Nee...

Email addresses in a comma-delimited (CSV) file
I am trying to create a csv from another application to be imported into Excel. One of the columns will contain email addresses. Is there a way that I can format the data in the column to have the addresses be 'links' when brought into Excel. First, hyperlinks are not just formatting. The Insert|hyperlink style of hyperlinks are objects in excel. Second, CSV files are plain old text. They don't hold these kinds of objects. (And they also don't contain any formatting properties, either.) But third, you may be able to cheat a bit. Can you go back to the othe...

Money 2002 Died #2
Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the situation. Thanks! We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same problem again. Has anyone contacted Microsoft?! >-----Original Message----- >Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the >situation. Thanks! >. > Same thing here. This is scary! >-----Original Message----- >We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We >reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same >problem again. Has a...

Question Variation: Shading a portion of the space between two lines
I posted a question on March 21 about how to shade a small portion of space between two lines and got an answer from Jon that helped immensely. I have a slight variation on that question. I've tried manipulating the data in several ways myself, and got close, but no cigar. Here is my revised question. I have another chart with two intersecting lines. I want to shade a small portion of the space before the intersection and another small portion of the space after the intersection. Specifically, there are 13 points on each line and I want to shade the space between points 1 and 5 and a...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

pdf. file
Help!! Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment. For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it. Any suggestions, tips or clues??? thanx in advance Do you have Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader installed? If you save the file to your hard drive, can you open it? deb wrote: > Help!! > > Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment. > For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it. Any > suggestions, tips or clues??? > > thanx in advance do you have adobe reader? "deb" <nikko-cat@rogers.com> wrote in message news:0...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

help attaching files
Hi... Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003. For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails. Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder. then when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open.... It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder... Help? Thanks! -- B'rgds, Vinnie FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was released on Apr 15th. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165 It lists two known conflicts so far....

Transferring contacts from OAB file
Hello, I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. I copied the oab, ost, and pst files to an external harddrive but have not been able to open the offline address book in Outlook at home. The pst opens fine. Any assistance or ideas appreciated. Thanks Love your attempt in regards to the oab/ost, but take a peek at http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm <dextrorama@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148816290.691150.313800@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. > > ...

Converting Eml files to Msg files with code
Hi. Sorry if this question is overly simple. I'm developing an integration project between Exchange and SPS. I read the message on a public folder of Exchange with ADO. I use ADO's stream object and save the message as a file. Created file formatted as .EML file and has .EML extension. We want to read this file in Outlook but it can't open the file. Because of this I need to format this file as .MSG file. I don't need a tool. I should make this process in code. Is there any API or code sample. Thanks in advance. ...

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

how do I get old versions of modified files?
I made a mistake and modified a file, how do I get back the old version? Thanks From your backup, which, of course you take every evening !!! John G "Power Image" <Power Image@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:910DFC71-460A-4169-A56E-AB90D905E9C5@microsoft.com... >I made a mistake and modified a file, how do I get back the old version? >Thanks ...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

MS Money 2002 (UK)
I would like to report on my investment portfolio by sector and geographical asset classes. If I hold investments in a UK smaller companies fund, a Global resource fund and US gilt bonds, I want to report on these assets based on their geographical locus (eg UK vs US vs global) or the sector into which they are invested. Is this possible in MS Money 2002? Asset class seems to be limited to a few pre-selected options and is only available for shares not managed funds and other investment types. The report by investment type is not good enough - needs further analysis for even small...

MS Money 2007 and rental property
I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income from a couple of units I own. The problem I'm having is that no where in the literature does it talk about traking rental income and expenses to Schedule E, only Schedule C. Seems like a dumb thing, but will the software allow me to track Schedule E tax items? Obviously Quickbooks and even Quicken do, but I have reasons why I hate Intuit even more than Microsoft. In microsoft.public.money, Randolph wrote: >I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income >from a couple of u...

Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

Can't open Money file directly.
I have Money 2005 I have many accounts at different banks. I can always open Money by using my password. I just added a new account & it tried to hook it up with Net.Passport. Now everytime i try to open my file it wants my Net.Passport. I deleted the new account,but it still opens with Net.Passport. I went into tools & selected to remove my accounts from Passport's server. Still can't open Money file directly. How can i get it back to just open my account from my PC ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >I have Money 2005 >I have many accounts at different bank...

It's twins!!! Two sets of personal folders!!
I had to re-install outlook and reloaded my .pst file. My inbox got all the mail back but my contacts didnt come back. I imported the pst file and now i have double!! It wont let me get rid of either. What do I do now?? TIA Terri ...

Combined line-scatter graph with 2 Y-axis messed up
I have a chart in Excel 2007 (under XP sp3) with 2 line (L1 & L2) and 2 scatter series (S1 & S2, representing means of respectively L1 and L2 datapoints). Both L-points are located at last datapoint-position. X-values are formatted as 'Genereal'. Both L1 and S1 are referenced to 1st Y-axis, only L2 to 2nd Y-axis. Here's where the error comes in. When I reference S2 also to Y2, it looks ok until I saved the sheet and reopen it, After reopening, THE CHART IS GONE ! AFTER PREVIEW, IT REAPPEARS BUT THE FORMAT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP ?! Both Y-axes are shrinken and L2 and ...

Dlookup (two fields)
Hi, I want to know how to add extra line (UserName) for two DLookup on UserID and UserName. Search_UserID = Me.UserID Search_UserName = Me.TxtName.Value CHECK_UserID_UserName = DLookup("[UserID]", "Tbl_Employees", "([UserID]) like ""*" & Search_UserId & "*""") Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks The usual way is to have two separate lookups. It is possible to have a single DLookup return more than one value, but if you do that, then you have the issue of separating the multiple values returned. --...