How to budget for abnormal expense? #2

I don't use Money's budgeting feature.  Instead, I run two reports
named Needs and Wants.  I have a good idea of what those monthly totals
should always be and I stay pretty close to them.

When I have expenses that break the monthly budget, such as income tax
return services, car repair, or something I know will occur during that
time period, how do I make it part of the budget when it skews the
monthly reports?

I would categorize these services in my report as a Need.  If that
report's totals are usually around $2000/mo and I have 2 or 3 months
through out the year that the total is $2800 or so because of the above
expenses, am I doing the reports correct?   I know the budget has been
technically busted but I also know why and it was expected.

Thanks,
Brett

0
account (146)
1/9/2006 5:33:23 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

sharing DBs between 2 instances on same box without linked servers
All, I have two databases A and B on one pyhsical box called 'P'. I need to put another instance of database A on same box. i can not have same database name twice on same physical box twice so my solution was to create another instance of sql server on same box and create database A on it. so now it looks like this. Physical box P has two DBs -A and B New instance of sql server on same physical box P has - A (copy of DB A ) Both DB's "A on physical box P and A on the new sql server instance" need to share/join to single copy of B runing on physica...

Scatter Chart with non-numeric values on X axis #2
Hi Andy, Thx for your reply. A line chart won't look good, and I really don want to use bars. Is it possibly to make the x axis non-numeric? Th -- penas ----------------------------------------------------------------------- penasm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27323 Hi, Did you format the line series to remove the actual joining line. Double click the data series and set the border to None. That way it will look just like a scatter chart. penasm wrote: > Hi ...

Entering 2 incomes, one self-employed
My wife's income is from an employer, who withholds taxes. I am self-employed, so my freelance income has no taxes withheld. What's the right way to enter the income(s) in Money? Should my wife's be entered as Paycheck-->Net Pay? I plan to use Money to estimate quarterly withholding taxes for myself, but do not want my wife's income included in that calculation. Do I need to specifically label income as either hers or mine? Or will Money know that "Net Pay" has already had taxes taken out? Thanks for any help. Use the paycheck wizard for your wife. Con...

convert numbers to dates #2
thanks to you all now sorted -- jimbo693 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14215 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263696 ...

HTML Newsletters #2
We have been sending Publisher produced newsletters for the past 18 months or so. I have recently noticed a number of the emails with Adobe attachements bouncing back. I suspect this is due to firewall filters. Can I produce the e-mail in HTML format from Publisher? If so how? If this cannot be done, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Tony ...

Change start of day #2
its a simple formula that subtracts one colum from another using dates. =G3-B3 G3 is the final date and B3 is the first date. What im trying to do i base these dates not on a standard 12am to 12pm day but on a 5am to 5p day. I'm clueless as to how to even begin in that direction. Also Tim is another factor which I would like to incorporate into my fina total. SO basically it looks like this A B C D F G H TITLE 1ST 2ND 1ST 3RD 2ND 4TH T...

Picking Information from a list #2
Thankyou for that. However, I am wanting to bring these across into separate list which shows all the players registered for a club. Th filter option doesn't help me with the moving of this elsewhere. need the information in a different place as the information is goin to be used to complete a team sheet automatically. ...... here's hoping..... -- eddie8 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eddie84's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thread...

Classes for RMS 2.0
I would like to take classes for RMS 2.0 but cannot find anything through Microsoft. Does anyone know where I can find a listing? Cargas (www.cargas.com) located in Pittsburgh, PA offers a 2 day course in RMS Store Operations, cost is $ 1,400.00. They also offer a 2 day course in RMS Headquarters, same price. I took the store ops course and found it well worth the investment. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler P. O. Box 3332 Little Rock, AR 72203-3332 (T) 501-374-3636 (F) 501-375-0043 (C) 501-412-5686 (E-Mail) kinnardkohler@sbcglobal.net "Davidjc52" wrote: > I would like to take...

Can 2 users use the same Outlook XP .pst file??
Hi, My computer has 2 different user names. Is it possible for both users to use the same Outlook (XP) mail files? If so, does anyone know how? Thanks Different users can share the same pst file as long as they both have access to the file and they don't access the pst file at the same time. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:002901c3cc29$c39da5c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > My computer has 2 different user names. Is it possible > for both users to use the same Outlook (XP) mail files? > If so, does anyone know how? > >...

CRM 1.2 doesn't work after installation
After the full installation of Microsoft CRM on Win2003 server (DC, SQL2000 server, Exchange 2003 server and IIS 6.0; security privileges for local computer and local computer account added to "Pre-Windows 2000" in Active Directory) I recieve the next error message in CRM Deployment Manager when trying to add users: The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager. An attempt to run the CRM brings me "Page not available" message in IE. O...

Excel search function #2
Hi All, Is there a way to use the search function to search non "0" value in cell. Ex - if i have "110254" in cell A1 - I need the position of non zero digit in the string of A1. Thanks, Thyag. Try: =FIND("0",A1) If the strig of values have a zero this formula will return the position inside the cell, if the strig does not have any zeroes, the formula will return an error. Is this what you want? "Thyag" <thyagaraj.shetty@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186758214.992333.261490@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > Is there a...

"Add Webreference" in VS2008 .NET 2.0 project won't generate dynamic code...
Today we tried adding a "Web Reference" to an existing project and while Visual studio usually generates a dynamic url (e.g. read from the Properties.Settings), today it wouldn't generate that statement in the constructor of the service class. Instead, whatever setting we tried, it generated the code for the static behavior. It does generate the setting in Properties.Settings. It does add the information to the app.config, it just won't ever generate the code to actually use that config data. Tried removing the service, tried updating the reference, tried re...

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' #2
Hi, I have been running Outlook 2003 through HTTP over RPC to connect to an Exchange 2003 server for some time without troubles until recently. All of the sudden both I and my users have been getting the following error on send / receive: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I have tried rebuilding the offline address list and creating new profiles. We are able to send and receive mail without issue. But I am worried that this error is indicative of a problem i am not seeing and it...

House View #2
Hi I would like to add images to the Home Inventory, but I can't find the option "House" in the "Choose a View" box. All I have is "Normal, Basic, Investing, Tax, Priorties" etc. I have customised my home page but I don't remember deleting anything to do with home inventory. Any Idea where to look? Money Standard 2004 on Win 2k ...

organising data from lines in word to excel columns #2
I have a word doc which contains lines of text that are formatted into sections like this: Page: Page Name Title: Page Title URL: www.page.com/page-name/ MetaKeywords: keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Metadescription: Page desc.. There are many of these in the doc that I have which I can copy and paste as plain text into excel but I then need to format them into columns likes so: Page Title URL MetaKeywords Metadescription Page Name Page Title www.page.com/page-name/ keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Page descr... Does anyo...

Budget time period 15th of month
Hi, I get payed once a month on the 15th of the month (strange, huh!). I'm trying to figure out (per the 2005 version) if there is a way to begin each month's actual spending budget and time period on the 15th of the month instead of month to month? Might anyone be able to help me with this?? Answers in order. No. Given the above, no. We would if we could. "meg" <meg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739CB32D-8080-41BD-BFB9-4573149006CA@microsoft.com... > I get payed once a month on the 15th of the month (strange, huh!). I'm > trying...

2 Font Questions
I have a visually challenged user whose laptop died on her. She is using Outlook 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP1 against an Exchange 5.5 SP4? environment. On her old laptop, she had made quite a few changes to her display to make it easier to read. We have been able to recreate all of those settings with the exception of two. The first is the To: and CC: buttons and the subject header on the New Message form. Those are maintaining their old default size. The other is the whole Address Book window that pops up when you click on the To: or CC: controls. All of those are the small default sizes...

Reply text is not seen #2
When I send a calendar invite from Outlook 2003 (Stu Teach Ed) to my wife who uses Outlook 2000, when I open the reply e-mail, I cannot see any text that she types in her reply. We have tried this with other users in her office with the same result. This is strange since if I open her reply e-mail in IE 6 using my web-based e-mail I can see the reply text. It's only when I open it in Outlook 2003 that it cannot be seen. ...

Money 2 years activation
I just switched from Money 2003 to Money 2006 that I picked up from Costco and am not ecstatic about the 2 year limit of Internet based services. I am thinking of returning the product... Is there a Money version that does not have this limitation? Is this Costco specific? -rv In microsoft.public.money, <rvm5@sonic.net> wrote: >I just switched from Money 2003 to Money 2006 that I picked up from Costco >and am not ecstatic about the 2 year limit of Internet based services. I am >thinking of returning the product... Is there a Money version that does not >have thi...

Analytical Accounting Error #2
Dear All, I am facing problem regarding Analytical Accounting. while entering inventory adjustment and click on distribution and then click on Analytical Accounting button the following error appear "No distribution have created" please advice Hi Tareq If this is version 9 I think there is a Hotfix fix that will correct this. Fliehigh "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Dear All, > > I am facing problem regarding Analytical Accounting. > while entering inventory adjustment and click on distribution and then click > on Analytical Accounting button the follow...

Account setup temporarily Unavailable #2
I installed Money 2006 standard about a week ago and online setup all my accounts were available for indirect downloading. For some reason, since then, have lost a couple of accounts that are no longer available for the service, one of which is Bank of America (California) this seems to have happened yesterday or the day before. When I attempt to again set up the service I get the subject message. Is anyone else having this same experience? I can however do direct downloads into my accounts. Since I am new to the program I am wondering if this is an anomaly or glitch in the program. ...

Operation Failed Error #2
Send/Receive Progress generates the follwoing error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Front end is Outlook 2003, back end is clustered Win2K AS running Exchange 2003. Only KB I could find that vaguely addresses this is Q312354. Any help would be appreciated. ...

owner draw list box #2
hi, I want to have a list box with check box and text displayed. My text should behave a link. For that i derived a class from CCheckListBox and able to draw check box along with text underlined which now looks like a link. But the problem is when is click on the link, the text is overwriting check box. Can anyone help in this? Thanks Balaji Sounds like you are not accounting for the space the checkboxes take when you are drawing out your text. You should move your text to the right some to give the checkboxes room to draw. This one doesn't have checkboxes, but perhaps some of the c...

MS Outlook 2 GB Limit
Hi, I have been using MS oUtlook 2000 and recently when I was reading a mail all my mails disappeared. I was told by my system admin that MS Outllok has a 2 GB limit. Is there any way by which I can exten the 2 GB limit? Thanks, Goutam You would need to upgrade to OL2003, and use the OL2003 pst format. With the existing pst you will have to run the 2gb repair tool and scanpst to try to recover. You will lose mail. You can have problems with a pst larger than 1.6gb. If upgrade isnt an option, in future you might want to use multiple archives (an archive is also subject to 2gb limit) ht...

Default Font #2
In Outlook 2003, I find the font too small. Where do I go to change the default font of the messages I create? -- Paul Ingram DNS SYSTEMS LIMITED (902) 488-3166 Web: www.dnssystemsltd.com Email: dnssystems@ns.sympatico.ca Paul: Try Tools > Options > Mail Format - Fonts HTH Steve "Paul Ingram" <pingramnet@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:W5l%c.123663$Np3.5283800@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > In Outlook 2003, I find the font too small. > Where do I go to change the default font of the messages I create? > > -- > Paul Ingram > DNS SYSTEMS LIMITED >...