How is tech support for Money?

Hello --

I'm evaluating Money 2005, and these boards are very helpful in seeing the
types of problems people are having.

I think problems in software this complex are inevitable, so the real
judgement should be how quickly and easily Microsoft people are able to make
themselves available to solve problems, and then actually solve them.  The
MVP responses here seem great, but with all due respect to their knowledge it
isn't backed up with the power to actually go in and fix things if they come
up.

So has anyone interacted with Microsoft tech support on Money issues?  With
so many distributed systems interacting here, my main concerns are not
software-type install or bug issues, but sorting out things like the
interaction between Money and MSN or Money and my banks online system.

My worst case scenario is to have a major problem and have Microsoft say I
have to call MSN, and MSN say I have to Money, or my bank, etc.

Does anyone have any feedback to offer?

Thanks!

-- Dave
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Read more posts. You are likely to find a litany of good, bad, and ugly, at
least some of which sound a lot like your worst case scenario. Note also:
Support is also in no position to fix the code. And some, maybe most, Money
issues are not code defects. They are fundamental concept, design
requirements, and business model defects.

"Humptydank" <Humptydank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So has anyone interacted with Microsoft tech support on Money issues?
With
> so many distributed systems interacting here, my main concerns are not
> software-type install or bug issues, but sorting out things like the
> interaction between Money and MSN or Money and my banks online system.

> Does anyone have any feedback to offer?

I have had many problems with my Money 05 and have called tech support many,
many, many times. I have also had the pleasure to call MSN Bill Pay support.

Generally, the technical support that you will get is from someone in
Bangor, India. I have had numerous "discussions" with these people, who try
to be helpful and are friendly and gracious. However, as I was told on
numerous occasions by different people in India, they receive only a few
months training. They are, however, Microsoft employees (as opposed to being
farmed out), but they are TOTALLY overwhelmed. For the most part these poor
souls respond according to a script (which I can now recite almost by
heart). I must say in their behalf, that on occasion, they have provided me
with a correct answer. However, I find this to be the exception, rather than
the rule. Often, I have had to correct them: I take it as a bad sign when I
know considerably more about the program than the tech support people. Wait
times are often terrible, no matter what they say. On many occasions I have
been told that the wait time is about 5 minutes, only to be on hold for 50
minutes (what's a zero, between friends).

I was able to get an issue "escalated" to someone in Redmond, WA. This
person was very helpful, but didn't solve the problem and passed me on to
someone else, who was also very nice, but again: didn't solve the problem.

I have also had to opportunity to talk with MSN Bill Pay tech support (these
are actually CheckFree employees). They are very professional and helpful.
However, they occasionally give advice about Money, which they should not
do, since they have only minimal training (at best) in the program. Wait
times for MSN Bill Pay are very short (especially if you call around 11:00
pm).They do, occasionally, pass you on to Microsoft, and then you're back in
India for another round (it's like talking to Apu, on The Simpsons); I don't
like to be passed on to someone else. I find it unprofessional.

Overall, I am appalled by the shoddy service and by Microsoft's arrogance in
treating it's loyal customers as cattle. It's not as if there isn't some
competition out there; yet I remain loyal to the program. Hope springs
eternal.

As a rule the MVPs here are helpful, but often times they will give you a
short and difficult to understand response; often as a phrase or short
sentence. More information is always helpful; the user will always
appreciate too much detail rather than too little.

I'm done venting.

Tom
"Humptydank" <Humptydank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello --
>
> I'm evaluating Money 2005, and these boards are very helpful in seeing the
> types of problems people are having.
>
> I think problems in software this complex are inevitable, so the real
> judgement should be how quickly and easily Microsoft people are able to
> make
> themselves available to solve problems, and then actually solve them.  The
> MVP responses here seem great, but with all due respect to their knowledge
> it
> isn't backed up with the power to actually go in and fix things if they
> come
> up.
>
> So has anyone interacted with Microsoft tech support on Money issues?
> With
> so many distributed systems interacting here, my main concerns are not
> software-type install or bug issues, but sorting out things like the
> interaction between Money and MSN or Money and my banks online system.
>
> My worst case scenario is to have a major problem and have Microsoft say I
> have to call MSN, and MSN say I have to Money, or my bank, etc.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback to offer?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Dave

0
123mpel (34)
2/20/2005 5:24:28 AM
If you've called Support many, many times, then you are a poster child for
the whole problem here: you bought the software for $25 or less. The first
call wiped out any profit from the sale, no matter whether the support
center is in Bangor, Maine, or Bangalore, India. It only gets worse for them
when you call the second time. I'm not defending the product or knocking you
for calling Support nor denying that there are issues in M05 (et al.) that
demand support calls. In the case of M05, I certainly encourage people to
call MS Support: the Money team deserves it, thought it's a punishment that
only enforces a generally negative trend. But it clearly shows why Microsoft
wants to dumb the thing down and make the real money off the ads and
targeted marketing. It also shows why they want to migrate it to a web
service. If all the user's machine has to do is run a browser, just think
how many support calls they can save. Think how many
installation/reinstallation/broken installation/system conflict when one
more thing was installed/lost my CD/reinstalled the downloaded version but
lost the activation key support calls they will save. Add to that the number
of can't backup/file error reading/disk full/moved file and can't
find/accidentally erased file/backed up new empty file on top of old good
backup calls they save if the data is stored on their servers.

You say there's competition out there: if that were really true, we wouldn't
be having this thread. All of the competition has the exact same problem.
Home users, as a generalization, won't pay more than $50 for any software
that does anything. Many of them are more than content to steal it. Support
costs more than they can make off the products--no matter how perfect the
program, because many home users just can't even cope with FreeCell. Why is
Money ad-ridden? Because the market-share-dominant competition is. Why are
they? They've got to make a buck somehow. Selling software for $5 gross
profit and then answering the average number of support calls per copy is
sure no way to make a buck.

"Tom G" <123mpel@vms.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
>I have had many problems with my Money 05 and have called tech support
>many, many, many times. I have also had the pleasure to call MSN Bill Pay
>support.
> Overall, I am appalled by the shoddy service and by Microsoft's arrogance
> in treating it's loyal customers as cattle. It's not as if there isn't
> some competition out there; yet I remain loyal to the program. Hope
> springs eternal.

My primary (and I daresay, ONLY) consideration is for the consumer.

And to Microsoft, I would say: "you made your bed, now sleep in it." There
are multiple and recurring problems in this software, and it is inexcusable
that it was released before these problems were taken care of. This problem
is exacerbated by borderline technical support. (I should add that many of
my problems with the software could have been solved quickly by a competent
tech support person.) Again, I would say that, in my opinion, about 98% of
the actual bugs with the program could be mapped out to 1-3 different
modules. I realize that they are complex modules, but still ...

It seems to me that the algorithm is: make it correctly and then you can
afford to skimp on support, or conversely, make it shoddy and then invest
the time to fix it on the fly via tech support. In this case, they have
taken the worst of both approaches.

I would not have any misgivings about purchasing a more expensive program
that actually worked. As my father used to say: we're too poor to buy the
cheap option.

The ads, while annoying, don't bother me too much. I don't begrudge anyone
making a profit; I just want a workable product for my money. I think that,
as a consumer, we deserve that.

message news:OELLnN3FFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> If you've called Support many, many times, then you are a poster child for
> the whole problem here: you bought the software for $25 or less. The first
> call wiped out any profit from the sale, no matter whether the support
> center is in Bangor, Maine, or Bangalore, India. It only gets worse for
> them when you call the second time. I'm not defending the product or
> knocking you for calling Support nor denying that there are issues in M05
> (et al.) that demand support calls. In the case of M05, I certainly
> encourage people to call MS Support: the Money team deserves it, thought
> it's a punishment that only enforces a generally negative trend. But it
> clearly shows why Microsoft wants to dumb the thing down and make the real
> money off the ads and targeted marketing. It also shows why they want to
> migrate it to a web service. If all the user's machine has to do is run a
> browser, just think how many support calls they can save. Think how many
> installation/reinstallation/broken installation/system conflict when one
> more thing was installed/lost my CD/reinstalled the downloaded version but
> lost the activation key support calls they will save. Add to that the
> number of can't backup/file error reading/disk full/moved file and can't
> find/accidentally erased file/backed up new empty file on top of old good
> backup calls they save if the data is stored on their servers.
>
> You say there's competition out there: if that were really true, we
> wouldn't be having this thread. All of the competition has the exact same
> problem. Home users, as a generalization, won't pay more than $50 for any
> software that does anything. Many of them are more than content to steal
> it. Support costs more than they can make off the products--no matter how
> perfect the program, because many home users just can't even cope with
> FreeCell. Why is Money ad-ridden? Because the market-share-dominant
> competition is. Why are they? They've got to make a buck somehow. Selling
> software for $5 gross profit and then answering the average number of
> support calls per copy is sure no way to make a buck.
>
> "Tom G" <123mpel@vms.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
>>I have had many problems with my Money 05 and have called tech support
>>many, many, many times. I have also had the pleasure to call MSN Bill Pay
>>support.
>> Overall, I am appalled by the shoddy service and by Microsoft's arrogance
>> in treating it's loyal customers as cattle. It's not as if there isn't
>> some competition out there; yet I remain loyal to the program. Hope
>> springs eternal.

0
123mpel (34)
2/20/2005 10:42:03 PM
I agree with everything you wrote with one exception. Once the business
model transitions to an ad/marketing driven one, there is no compulsion for
them to improve the product and only a compulsion for ever more ads. What
Microsoft is then really selling is access to our eyeballs, not something
that does personal financial management. We are no longer their customer. Be
careful what you ask for. BTW, I don't begrudge them making a profit and
would also gladly spend more for a product that put my needs first.

> My primary (and I daresay, ONLY) consideration is for the consumer.
>
> And to Microsoft, I would say: "you made your bed, now sleep in it." There
> are multiple and recurring problems in this software, and it is
> inexcusable that it was released before these problems were taken care of.
> This problem is exacerbated by borderline technical support. (I should add
> that many of my problems with the software could have been solved quickly
> by a competent tech support person.) Again, I would say that, in my
> opinion, about 98% of the actual bugs with the program could be mapped out
> to 1-3 different modules. I realize that they are complex modules, but
> still ...
>
> It seems to me that the algorithm is: make it correctly and then you can
> afford to skimp on support, or conversely, make it shoddy and then invest
> the time to fix it on the fly via tech support. In this case, they have
> taken the worst of both approaches.
>
> I would not have any misgivings about purchasing a more expensive program
> that actually worked. As my father used to say: we're too poor to buy the
> cheap option.
>
> The ads, while annoying, don't bother me too much. I don't begrudge anyone
> making a profit; I just want a workable product for my money. I think
> that, as a consumer, we deserve that.

But, Dick, if they can no longer promise to deliver enough eyeballs, the ad
revenue ceases. Therefore, they DO still have an incentive to improve the
product (or at least not break it to the point that people won't buy it!).

I'm not sure that the ad-driven business model, which merely removes the
incentive to satisfy the customer by one step, is superior to the one that
aims to sell only one of anything, because doing so makes enough money that
repeat customers are superfluous.

The real problem is that personal finance -- perhaps, as you said, all
consumer -- software isn't a profitable product in the marketplace, so there
is basically zero chance of a competitor coming out with something that
would challenge MS & Intuit to improve their products. Lack of meaningful
competition stifles development.

I bet there are lots of economists around here that disagree.

Susan

message news:uwc1ap6FFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I agree with everything you wrote with one exception. Once the business
>model transitions to an ad/marketing driven one, there is no compulsion for
>them to improve the product and only a compulsion for ever more ads. What
>Microsoft is then really selling is access to our eyeballs, not something
>that does personal financial management. We are no longer their customer.
>Be careful what you ask for. BTW, I don't begrudge them making a profit and
>would also gladly spend more for a product that put my needs first.
>
> "Tom G" <123mpel@vms.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
>> My primary (and I daresay, ONLY) consideration is for the consumer.
>>
>> And to Microsoft, I would say: "you made your bed, now sleep in it."
>> There are multiple and recurring problems in this software, and it is
>> inexcusable that it was released before these problems were taken care
>> of. This problem is exacerbated by borderline technical support. (I
>> should add that many of my problems with the software could have been
>> solved quickly by a competent tech support person.) Again, I would say
>> that, in my opinion, about 98% of the actual bugs with the program could
>> be mapped out to 1-3 different modules. I realize that they are complex
>> modules, but still ...
>>
>> It seems to me that the algorithm is: make it correctly and then you can
>> afford to skimp on support, or conversely, make it shoddy and then invest
>> the time to fix it on the fly via tech support. In this case, they have
>> taken the worst of both approaches.
>>
>> I would not have any misgivings about purchasing a more expensive program
>> that actually worked. As my father used to say: we're too poor to buy the
>> cheap option.
>>
>> The ads, while annoying, don't bother me too much. I don't begrudge
>> anyone making a profit; I just want a workable product for my money. I
>> think that, as a consumer, we deserve that.

Absolutely agreed on all points. In the case of software, competition
coupled with tight-fisted customers promptly drives the selling price down
to the marginal price: the cost of the box and the CD. Recouping the
development costs goes out the window.

And if they can't sell enough ads, do the improve the product? Hell no.
They're in the content business. They pull the plug and try to find
different content. They couldn't care less what that content is. Look at
television.

"harrelsonesq" <harrelsonesq2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> But, Dick, if they can no longer promise to deliver enough eyeballs, the
> ad revenue ceases. Therefore, they DO still have an incentive to improve
> the product (or at least not break it to the point that people won't buy
> it!).
>
> I'm not sure that the ad-driven business model, which merely removes the
> incentive to satisfy the customer by one step, is superior to the one that
> aims to sell only one of anything, because doing so makes enough money
> that repeat customers are superfluous.
>
> The real problem is that personal finance -- perhaps, as you said, all
> consumer -- software isn't a profitable product in the marketplace, so
> there is basically zero chance of a competitor coming out with something
> that would challenge MS & Intuit to improve their products. Lack of
> meaningful competition stifles development.
>
> I bet there are lots of economists around here that disagree.

I should specify tight-fisted consumers many of whom will just as happily
steal the product.

message news:exUSQwBGFHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Absolutely agreed on all points. In the case of software, competition
> coupled with tight-fisted customers promptly drives the selling price down
> to the marginal price: the cost of the box and the CD. Recouping the
> development costs goes out the window.
>
> And if they can't sell enough ads, do the improve the product? Hell no.
> They're in the content business. They pull the plug and try to find
> different content. They couldn't care less what that content is. Look at
> television.
>
> "harrelsonesq" <harrelsonesq2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> But, Dick, if they can no longer promise to deliver enough eyeballs, the
>> ad revenue ceases. Therefore, they DO still have an incentive to improve
>> the product (or at least not break it to the point that people won't buy
>> it!).
>>
>> I'm not sure that the ad-driven business model, which merely removes the
>> incentive to satisfy the customer by one step, is superior to the one
>> that aims to sell only one of anything, because doing so makes enough
>> money that repeat customers are superfluous.
>>
>> The real problem is that personal finance -- perhaps, as you said, all
>> consumer -- software isn't a profitable product in the marketplace, so
>> there is basically zero chance of a competitor coming out with something
>> that would challenge MS & Intuit to improve their products. Lack of
>> meaningful competition stifles development.
>>
>> I bet there are lots of economists around here that disagree.

I will give you my one and only experience so far, from this morning, but
I've only been an 05 user for 25 hours now.
HIM: What is your bank?
ME: What do you need that for?
HIM: You said you had a problem with an account download and I need to know
the bank.
ME: It's not a bank, it's American Express.
HIM: Is that a bank?
We idn't get very far along Help Avenue this morning.

"Humptydank" wrote:

> Hello --
>
> I'm evaluating Money 2005, and these boards are very helpful in seeing the
> types of problems people are having.
>
> I think problems in software this complex are inevitable, so the real
> judgement should be how quickly and easily Microsoft people are able to make
> themselves available to solve problems, and then actually solve them.  The
> MVP responses here seem great, but with all due respect to their knowledge it
> isn't backed up with the power to actually go in and fix things if they come
> up.
>
> So has anyone interacted with Microsoft tech support on Money issues?  With
> so many distributed systems interacting here, my main concerns are not
> software-type install or bug issues, but sorting out things like the
> interaction between Money and MSN or Money and my banks online system.
>
> My worst case scenario is to have a major problem and have Microsoft say I
> have to call MSN, and MSN say I have to Money, or my bank, etc.
>
> Does anyone have any feedback to offer?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Dave
0
CambriaOne (16)
2/23/2005 12:41:04 AM
I think if you ask American Express they will say they are a Bank! I agree
that they are best known for their charge cards and lately some credit cards
but basically they are a Bank.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"CambriaOne" <CambriaOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I will give you my one and only experience so far, from this morning, but
> I've only been an 05 user for 25 hours now.
> HIM: What is your bank?
> ME: What do you need that for?
> HIM: You said you had a problem with an account download and I need to
> know
> the bank.
> ME: It's not a bank, it's American Express.
> HIM: Is that a bank?
> We idn't get very far along Help Avenue this morning.
>
> "Humptydank" wrote:
>

>> Hello --
>>
>> I'm evaluating Money 2005, and these boards are very helpful in seeing
>> the
>> types of problems people are having.
>>
>> I think problems in software this complex are inevitable, so the real
>> judgement should be how quickly and easily Microsoft people are able to
>> make
>> themselves available to solve problems, and then actually solve them.
>> The
>> MVP responses here seem great, but with all due respect to their
>> knowledge it
>> isn't backed up with the power to actually go in and fix things if they
>> come
>> up.
>>
>> So has anyone interacted with Microsoft tech support on Money issues?
>> With
>> so many distributed systems interacting here, my main concerns are not
>> software-type install or bug issues, but sorting out things like the
>> interaction between Money and MSN or Money and my banks online system.
>>
>> My worst case scenario is to have a major problem and have Microsoft say
>> have to call MSN, and MSN say I have to Money, or my bank, etc.
>>
>> Does anyone have any feedback to offer?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -- Dave

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
2/23/2005 7:21:23 AM
Please note:

There has always been a  gap between the person that knows the subject and
what the
desired program result should be and the programmer then follow through,
i.e. quality control
testing that what had been asked to be programmed actually got programmed
and it works.

There is a failure on Microsoft's part, in particular, on Excel for example,
going all the way back
to their copying elements of Borland's Paradox I believe it was called. They
will just not fix the
problem......they are hard headed and stupid and not in touch with the REAL
world..

The programmers can program anything, everything. Problem is getting all to
work together.
They have timelines and budgets for products and they would rather release a
product that has not really been tested that is within timelines and budget
than to get it right. Of course the testers have to really test it and that
is a big problem. Poor dictates to the programmers and poor tester knowledge
of products and general use of such products produce errors and dropped
versatilities, i.e the printing setup in MS Money 97 was superb and they
then dropped that
versatitity in MS Money 98 and forward. Don't think it has been fixed even
with the latest
versions because there seems to be few complaints and I will never buy MS
Money again because of it. . i.e. you could invidualize print setup on each
individual report in MS Money 97 and you from MS Money 98 forward you were
allowed only 1 setup for all reports. In Money 98
and forward the individualizing of reporst, portrait, landscape, page size
for each report was
dropped and you have to constantly change back and forth and try to remember
which method
fits which report you have.........97 was excellent and 98 a piece of shit,
report printing-wise.

I you do a program properly there is little need for anything but a common
sense user and
little tech support.

One only needs to see the amount of tech support, patches, fixes and other
crap that is
necessary after a product is loaded on your computer that is totally
unneeded were the program
done properly to begin with. Oh and then like on tech support for Windows I
have to talk to
some lame brain in Bangladesh that understands English perfectly but has
absolutely no
comprehension of what English words spoken actually mean. Time to get back
to either,
American, England/Irish/Canadian support and drop this India crap. Let the
people in India
talk to the European and Asian callers for tech support....maybe that would
work.

Gordon

> [...]
> > perfect the program, because many home users just can't even cope with
> > FreeCell. Why is Money ad-ridden? Because the market-share-dominant
> > competition is. Why are they? They've got to make a buck somehow.
Selling
> > software for $5 gross profit and then answering the average number of
> > support calls per copy is sure no way to make a buck.
> >
> > "Tom G" <123mpel@vms.huji.ac.il> wrote in message
> >>I have had many problems with my Money 05 and have called tech support
> >>many, many, many times. I have also had the pleasure to call MSN Bill
Pay
> >>support.
> >> Overall, I am appalled by the shoddy service and by Microsoft's
arrogance
> >> in treating it's loyal customers as cattle. It's not as if there isn't
> >> some competition out there; yet I remain loyal to the program. Hope

0
raneman (1)

Money 4.0 backup file to Money 2004
I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps telling me that it was created by an incompatible version. Does anyone know of a workaround? Should I see about getting an intermediate version and working from that? Thanks for any help! Gord --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.687 / Virus Database: 448 - Release Date: 16/05/2004 In microsoft.public.money, Gord Spence wrote: >I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps >telling me th...

Installing Money 2006 on Two Machines?
X-No-Archive: yes Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, John Simon wrote: > >Is it possible to install Money 2006 on two machines? I know there was some >Activation process involved when I installed it on my Desktop. Now I want to >install it on my Laptop also. Can I do that, or will it complain...? > The former. Help->About->LicenseTerms explai...

Generate New Report In Money 2004
My question is very simple. How do I generate a new report. I used the "Help" in Money 2004 & even went on the Web For the Money 2004 book. No place in there is a method to generate a new reprt from "scratch". It seems that the only way to do it is modify another report & save it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....Marvo That is the only way to do it - find a report that is close to what you want; customise it and save it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishe...

Pocket Money 2003 on Windows Mobile 2003
When I tried to install Pocket Money 2003 on my Windows Mobile 2003 machine, it does not allow me to do so and a error message pops up saying that it will only install on Pocket PC2002 machine. What should I do? Will Pocket Money 2004 do the trick? ...

Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se
Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in the cd? Yes it will work and you can use the drivers provided my Microsoft. "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9146817C-4E6E-4584-8AEA-DDC12D99BB44@microsoft.com... > Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use > the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in > the > cd? but the one i have is a usb interface, the opos driver fro...

Money 2003 won't allow new transactions
I just installed Money 2003 on my new laptop running XP Home and moved my .mny and backup files. Money 2003 has been running just fine on my Windows 98, Pentium II desktop for a year. I opened my checking account on my laptop and added many transactions (withdrawls and deposits) this weekend. Now when I open the program it will not allow me to add a new transaction or edit a transaction (it just blinks a little when I try). It also says "application internal error" when I just click on payees. I cannot figure out what is going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the pro...

Money 2006
I have not archived my Money file for a couple of years - last archive was "2004 Archive.mny". I tried creating an archive using Money 2006 today and I got a file called "2006 Archive.mny" -so far so good. I told Money to back up all transactions prior to 1/1/2007. I checked all the accounts it showed me. Unfortunately the sized of my active Money file did not change and it would appear that no entries were deleted. The file is the same size as before the archive process. I opened the Archive file and it looks like there are "random" entries - some a...

MS Money Does not Recognize Account
I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does not. I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get automatic update to work no matter what. I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other accounts work, why not this one. Please advise. HERE ARE MY STEPS - and Still Will not re...

MS Money 98 and XP
When I download my tranactions from my bank's web site I get a massage that sends me to MS web site to upgrade my MS version (for %50.00). I just loaded XP PRO. My bank supports and sends files suited for MS money 98. Do I have to upgrade MS money or is there something I can turn off/on within XP? Darrell What is the exact message? If you are downloading from your bank's website and not having any specific issues, Money 98 works fine on XP. "Darrell" <harrisdarrell@qwest.net> wrote in message news:067f01c35ad3$d26fd6d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I download ...

Money 2004 freezes my PC
Money 2004 Premium freezes on me all the time, forcing me to reboot my PC. At first, it seemed to consistently happen when I opened a sub-menu off the main menu. But recently it also happened while backing up and immediately after that reboot, upon launching Money, on the dialog box where it says I didn't complete the sign- up for extra special features. No other app causes this problem. Any hints? try reinstalling it and IE. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send M...

Turn Money Off
How do I turn money off as my default financial program. It came on my computer but I use quicken. Whenever I download a file money opens and tries to import it. Thanks You'll have to go into Windows Explorer|Tool|Folder Options|File Types and change the association for the file types involved. "Paul Sullivan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e32601c3f008$9b4fd1d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I turn money off as my default financial program. > It came on my computer but I use quicken. Whenever I > download a file money opens and tr...

Money 2006 #21
I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. In microsoft.public.money, oddone wrote: >I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 >Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. What goes wrong? ...

MS Money 2006 Delux Canadian Version
I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 Deluxe Edition Canadian version. Does it exist? What is the website address I can review Deluxe version? Thanks. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ AFAIK there is only a Standard version for M2006 Canadian. See http://money.mvps.org/othersoftware.aspx Bob Peel, MVP Money "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.sx01xct8dvcnul@chets.gv.shawcable.net... >I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 &...

Money 2006
Is there a way for me to automatically assign a category for a payee? For instance, I would like to tell Money that anytime it imports a transaction that has the string "BP Oil" in it, automotically assign it to "Automobile: Gasoline". If there's no way to do this, I just can't understand why by now. People have been screaming about this ever since banks started allowing you to download statements in "money" format. ...

Money won't start #3
When I double-click Money, it opens initially, but then after a couple of seconds, it closes. This is before I see any logon or even any splash screen. Money used to work on this computer, a few weeks ago, but now it doesn't. I have installed several programs on the computer, most recently Google Earth, but I don't know exactly when the program stopped working. However, I believe it stopped working when I detached the external hard drive where I had my primary Money file. I copied the Money file to the internal hard drive on my laptop, but even if I double click that, Money ...

Money 2002 Online Price Updates
I have recently updated my computer to VISTA and have had to re-instal Money2002 Personal and Business edition. Since then the online price updates no longer run on start up. I have to manually use the update price option and this does retrieve updated prices for the shares as expected. Does anyone kn ow how to fix the problem so that the update of prices happens automatically every 6 hours as it used to do when I was using Windos XP Home? Thanks in antcipation of getting a resolution to this problem. ...

re-install Money 2006 #2
How do I re-install 2006 without CD when I wipe my harddrive? I kept the file and re-installed in on the drive, but I am getting a Trial Version message that the trial period has expired -- but I purchesed the regular edition! Help!-- mmekeel In microsoft.public.money, mmekeel wrote: >How do I re-install 2006 without CD when I wipe my harddrive? I kept the >file and re-installed in on the drive, but I am getting a Trial Version >message that the trial period has expired -- but I purchesed the regular >edition! See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us...

Money 2005 sign-in problems after upgrading to vista
I have just upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP. after installing money 2005 i tried to restore a backup into money 2005 but the progrmme just comes back with password not rocognised please try again. I can log into Live ID with the same password. thou. Can anybody help please? Have you downloaded the M2005 patch? Easiest to do this by opening sample.mny. The following has been posted many many times by Cal Learner:- Be sure that your Money (*.mny) and backup (*.mbf) files are copied to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents. If they are in a place like P...

Money 2004 installation error
New Xp home edition. Money worked fine at beginning then next time I opened it I was getting the box that wanted me to install it again. I tried but kept getting error "Error 1304. Error writing to file C:\Program Files\ Microsoft Money\System\mnyolog.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory." I tried a uninstall and fresh install and get the same error. There is nothing on "error 1304" on Microsoft's Support page. I was wondering if it could be an issue with Symantec Norton's Antiviruse software that was installed before Money quit workin...

was support dropped for symchk "/oc" option??
Back on 4/17 there was a post by Jeff Partch which described a way to download debug symbols using symchk and then (I think) copy the *.pdb files to another directory where the VS 6 debugger could use them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vc.mfc&mid=9a42f033-2cce-4577-9034-7f3768bceab8 I tried to follow the procedure described in this post but ran into problems with the Debugging Tools for Windows command symchk %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /oc %systemroot%\Symbols\Dll2 The symchk that I got when I installed (yesterday) the Debugging Tools for Windo...

Strange message in Windows XP Help & Support
Please see the Outlook Express header which follows my signature. My query is that when you open the message instead of seeing the message in the message source ( not included below ) you see the last Outlook Express message you opened. I am wondering whether this is malware or some corruption in Outlook Express. As it only occurs with this particular newsgroup message I suspect malware. I do not generally get malware. Two infections in 12 years. I have not read of a similar experience. Has anyone else encountered it? TIA -- Gerry ~~~~ FCA Stourport, England E...

Besides publisher, what supports .pub files?
No, we don't have Microsoft Publisher. We have a publishing deadline and someone sent us an ad in .pub format. We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, or do we have to go back to the advertiser and ask for a new file format? Paul Klinkman wrote: > We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a > free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, ================================== Other than MS Publisher? No. ================================== > or do we have to go back to the advertiser > and ask f...

how do I take over Groove workspace from previous tech manager
ur Groove workspace was installed and managed by a tech who is now no longer working at our company. How can we: - Backup Groove data - Upgrade Participant user (now current owner) to Manager - Change Groove workspace security - Lock out/delete previous manager Tron Try and post this over to the groove newsgroup where all the groove experts are On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.groove -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will n...

Money 2005 Small Business XP to Vista unable to login to money fil
I installed Money 2005 on a new computer with Vista and can not open my existing money file that was created with a passport on my old computer with XP. i have been working offline under xp since i can not login because my password is invalid (even after changing it). Vista will not let me open the file by working offline even under Run as Administrator. I have downloaded the update on my new computer. In microsoft.public.money, jenl11 wrote: >I installed Money 2005 on a new computer with Vista and can not open my >existing money file that was created with a passport on my ...

Money 2001 Backup #2
I don't use the news groups very often and had an old e-mail address on my account. This wouldn't let me reply as the address was not valid. I straightened that out and have to start new thread as that invalid address still show. Thanks for the replies. While checking to be sure compression was turned on I noticed the archive choice that should solve my problem. I'll post back to this message after I archive and tell the results. -- Ragtop Archive has bad points as well as good! Many of us don't use it. Please consult the FAQ before going ahead! http://umpmfaq.inf...