How do you track loans/transfers in the Budget?

I can't seem to figure out how to track my loan payments
in the budget!

I know you can assign a [category] to your payment, but
then how would you track your total balance left in a
loan account?

Is there a better way to do this?  Can you show transfers
to accounts in the budget? I know you can in Quicken, but
what about Money?

Thanks
Mark
0
anonymous (74722)
1/26/2004 4:11:54 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

A common misconception is that the budget in Money is there to track your
movement of money. It isn't. It tracks your income and expenses. Income >
Expenses, you're getting richer. Expenses > Income, you're getting poorer.
Budget planner is trying to make sure you spend within you means going
forward by tracking current income and expenses. In the case of a loan, the
expense occurred just before you took out the loan to cover it. The only
expense occurring now related to the loan is the cost of the money you are
renting--and that'll be in the budget planner in the category you specified
when you setup the loan. Forecast Cash Flow tracks the movement of Money.

"Frustrated Money User" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3cbc01c3e3c2$88496da0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I can't seem to figure out how to track my loan payments
> in the budget!
>
> I know you can assign a [category] to your payment, but
> then how would you track your total balance left in a
> loan account?
>
> Is there a better way to do this?  Can you show transfers
> to accounts in the budget? I know you can in Quicken, but
> what about Money?

ok thanks!

I will take another hard look at the cash flow planner to
supplement my budgeting...

anonymous (74722)

Employee Tracking Schedule
I have a monthly table listing all employees names (rows) and days of month (columns). I would like to be able to enter an alpha character, like "v" for vacation in the date column and have the number hours assigned to that letter deduct from the total number entered into the total for that person. I think I need a Lookup table and assignment to a range to make this happen, but would like some suggestions on exactly what the programming should be. Thanks! > I have a monthly table listing all employees names (rows) and days of > month (columns). I would like to be abl...

Help Bug: "Track a paycheck to reflect deductions"
Track a paycheck to reflect deductions Before you edit a recurring paycheck deposit to reflect deductions, have a paycheck stub handy. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: To perform this advanced task, you must be using Advanced Bills. To find out if you’re using Advanced Bills, look for the Essential Bills or Advanced Bills label in the upper-right corner of the Bills summary page. Go to the Bills summary page. If you're using Essential Bills, you must switch to Advanced Bills to perform this task. In the left pane under Other tas...

transferring e-mail addressess from Outlook
I do not know how to get my e-mail addresses from Outlook. It says on your site that they should be transferred over to this acct. HELP Rhonda, What site might you be referring too..? This newsgroup is for Vista's email client Windows Mail. It is a public forum of your peers(users like yourself)....it is not Microsoft support. The most common method for transferring one's contacts from Outlook to another email client is to use Outlook's built-in capability to export the contacts list as a Comma Separated Value file[ *.csv file(Windows format)] and save the fi...

Help, wife mad, email did not transfer to Win7
Just upgraded to win7 and all went well except email (my wife's - bad news). I was previously dual booting Vista (me) and WinXP (my wife). Before upgrading I ran Easy Transfer on both the Vista system and the XP system. I then performed a custom install which re-partitioned the drive (I wanted to go to a single boot system). After the win7 install I ran the ET utility using both the Vista ET file and the XP ET file. Now when using Live Mail the only mail that appears in my wife's account is a few things she had in Vista. No sign of the XP email. I believe she was using Ou...

Tracking Auto Expenses
I'm an accountant and want to create a database to track rental, repair, tax and fuel expenses for our leased vehicles. I want to enter an expense item in Access and have the database fill in the Branch and GL Expense account. But, I can't think of a way to do this because an auto can be transferred to a different branch. How can I set up a database that will look at the date of the expense and look to see where that vehicle was located at that time to determine what GL expense account to use? I have limited exposure to Access and just don't know where to start ...

"Transfers" in Income & Spending Reports (How to reclassify?)
Money 2005 Small Business The principal amount of my car loan payments for 2005 equals $3,844.01 In the Reports it under the Transfers report title of "Transfers" as Car Loan Payments for $3844.01 Personally, I would prefer that the amount be shown as Automobile Expenses - Car Principal Payments. (Yes, as an accountant, I know that loan payments are not an expense but the "Transfer" Debit would make more sense under Car Principal Payments) How do I "Credit" the "Transfer" amount and "Debit" Automobile Expense within the Money system? ...

sample code for USB drivers with interupt transfer type
i am writing usb driver for screen touch monitor , this driver reads the co-ordinate of the point where monitor is touched, transfer type for this usb is Interrupt based . i need a sample (template ) which may help me . i am using DDK to do so suhas <suhas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >i am writing usb driver for screen touch monitor , this driver reads the >co-ordinate of the point where monitor is touched, transfer type for this usb >is Interrupt based . >i need a sample (template ) which may help me . i am using DDK to do so The RIGHT solut...

Newbire Question: How to Transfer Outlook Address Book To Another PC?
Hello, I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address book transferred onto his laptop from his old PC. I have no idea how to do this, so if someone could help me or maybe there is a link that has the information, it would be appreciated. jeff <Zombieboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:so3dl1tv64qnr8d738l0t5brk4kto2pp5m@4ax.com... > Hello, > > I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a > laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address...

T-shirt text transfer WITHOUT WordArt
Is there any way to create a T-shirt text transfer without using Word Art? I don't like any of the formats and my text is cust work. Sure there is, but I don't think that's the answer you were looking for. Specifically what are you asking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jillca" <jillca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5EFDBD3-35F5-4552-8EFC-62F4220FDE80@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to create a T-shirt text transfer without using Word Art? > I > don't like any of the formats and my text is cust work. Us...

sending ppp txt to word document
I have a multislide presentation. I'm trying to send the text to Microsoft Word. The operation works fine, except for the fact that some of the text will not transfer. It is as if text on certian slides is protected or soemthing. If I'm in the individual slide, I can selcet the text without a problem. I would simply do this were it not for the fact that I need to transfer text from more than 40 seperate presenations, each with 30-60 slides. Help! You can set slides to be hidden in PowerPoint - you have an option to hide slides in the slide sorter view. Check to see if t...

Budget Time period change
In the budget section of MS Money it averages the budget from the past year automatically. Is there a way to change the time period to 3 months, or 6 months? When I installed MS Money several months ago I imported data from the March to April time frame, but not enough accurate data to go back one year, the time from used in budget estimates. So... Any way to change this? I've looked and can not find an adjustment for this setting. Thanks! Mike Mike Alexander PP-ASEL Temecula, CA See my online aerial photo album at http://flying.4alexanders.com Hello? Anyone? Mike 'Flyin&#...

What are runtime errors & how can you track them down
Application causes the runtime to terminbate unexpectedly... Regrettably Microsoft dont seem to expect this problem and the knowledge base does not have an answer. I've uninstalled Outlook (2000)& reinstalled a couple of times it still pops up. Other than a possible link with IE as this still seems to work in background what can one do. What is left of Outlook that could cause the problem, when uninstalled does that not break links to add-ins? Can there be problems lurking in the .pst files (not that I can find them in XP! Can I be confident that a later version of Outlook wi...

Transfer the Bitmap accross applications
Hi , i have two different applications, like App1 and App2. Each application has one dialog like App1Dailog1 & App2Dailog2, my task is to transfer the bit map from one application to another application dialog. means when sending the bitmap file from one app1 to other app2 then app2 dialog has updated wtih app1 bitmap file. all this done by command line arguaments as below App1.exe App2.exe c:\bitmapfileName.bmp then App2.exe file dialog has updated with this bitmap file c: \bitmapfileName.bmp thanks in advance Rasheed. Start by writting an application that can draw whatever you w...

Order will not transfer to invoice
We have a sales order that has been allocated and fufilled, but will not transfer to invoice. We are using GP 7.5, SQL 2000. All service packs are up to date. The original issue with this order is that on the sales transaction entry screen, once expanded, there were no amounts in the Qty to Invoice and in the Qty Fulfilled. We were able to update the tables, and correct this information. When you look at the Sales Qty Status screen, it shows that the amounts were transferred to invoice. We can not locate an invoice number anywhere for that customer / amount. When you try and tr...

Can "Track in CRM" not look at e-mail addresses of inactive record
Creating a new Contact on Lead Conversion results in duplicate e-mail addresses in CRM. When users track e-mail in Outlook these e-mails are left unresolved until manually resolved. Is there a way to configure CRM to not look at e-mail addresses of inactive records? Thanks for your help! Suzy ...

Budgeting with XLReporter application
In reading through some posts this week I found mention of an application called XL Reporter. I went to the website and it looks interesting as a Budgeting tool and Report Writer through excel. We currently use f9 for excel to produce corporate reports and we also budget in excel (not very user friendly). Can I get some feedback from XL Reporter users? Is it easy to roll out & implement as a budget tool? We are using Dynamics GP 9.0 Thanks, Frank Zuehlke ...

Transferring between accounts
I have upgraded from Money 2000 to 2005. When I create a new transaction as a transfere between 2 accounts, some of the existing accounts are not appearing in the account list. I have more than 150 opened accounts and what I can see is only about 29 accounts. Is their any way to see other accounts in that list? or is their any way I can switch the list into the old version style? Thanks I don't think your issue will be solved by http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. Have you tried typing out the whole name as in "transfer:nameofacct" rather than using the pulldown? &quo...

Excel to Entourage file transfer in Japanese.
Hello All, I have a Japanese Excel file with customer data. I want to import some of the data, name, email address, etc., into Entourage. Exporting to dilimited format looses the Japanese characters. Strangely, Entourage cannot import Excel. Any thoughts on importing Excel data while keeping the Japanese format? Regards, ...

Payment Method of Wire Transfer
Would like the ability to select Wire Transfer for the Payment Method in the Cash Receipts Entry window. Currently the only options are Check, Cash, and Credit Card; however, we have several customers where they transfer the money from their bank account to our bank account through a wire transfer. ...

Tracking changes slows down Word
Outlook slows down when I try to use the track changes feature in Word 2007. This did not occur in Word 2003. I have tried closing the document and making changes with the track changes feature on but it seems that once I activate track changes, even if she turns it off, Word is still slow. Perhaps you can make another stab at explaining what's happening... you begin by saying "Outlook slows down when I try to use the track changes feature in Word 2007." Then you say "I have tried closing the document and making changes with the track changes feature on...&...

loan interest calculations
MS MONEY 3.0 let me calculate variable payments showing the interest and principal breakdown but the newer versions won't. What can I do, XP won't let me use the older version and I have existing contracts I calculate on the old program. Marla McCune In microsoft.public.money, Marla McCune wrote: >MS MONEY 3.0 let me calculate variable payments showing >the interest and principal breakdown but the newer >versions won't. What can I do, XP won't let me use the >older version and I have existing contracts I calculate >on the old program. Did you install...

Transfer queue messages
Is there a way to tell Exchange to re-send queue message in Local Delivery queue because mailboxes has been change from one server to another? That's because my database crash and I have restore the database to a brand new server and old messages are still stuck on the old . Sebastien Hi Sebastien, You need to right click on the Local Delivery Queue and select Force Connection. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23A513FE-2BCF-41E9-AF6F...

Exchange Message Tracking and E-mail
Exchange 2000 and 2003 both with latest SP. Two e-mails, one just text only in the body and the other has excel cells inserted into the mail (not as an attachment but body of e-mail) were sent to the same receipients at *@savers.com. The first e-mail, with test only, were received but the second was not. When I performed the Message Tracking Center and track the e-mail, the log is as follow. What does all the astrik mean and what does the last two lines mean? 12/12/05 11:44 PM SMTP: Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 12/12/05 11:44 PM SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queu...

I have a problem loading my budget. Now when I load my saved budget; the screens displays loading, but never comes up on the screen. I did not have this problem before. Solutions? ...

Export information from Message Tracking Center
I have a question from the management about to send them the information about some users and the mails that they sent and received. I would like to know if there any way I can export (i.e. to Excel) the search that we can make in the Message Tracking Center. We have Exchange Server 2003. Thanks for all your help. Luis Ramirez That's a suggestion pending to the Exchange team since long - a button to email message status from the tracking center, and to be able to save it in html/txt/csv. Meanwhile, you'll have to look at some XML parser utility or a 3rd party tool that doe...