How Do I Connect Note P & I Pmt Received w/ Recurring Deposit in B

I have set up an account for money I receive on 2 separate notes from the
sale of a business.  It amortizes the note fine, but when I enter the
recurring payment I receive at the beginning of each month, there is no way I
can attach that payment to the note.  I can only see the "payee" (who is
actually the "payor" since I'm receiving the payment) and not the Promisorry
Note 1 and Promisorry Note 2 I have set up in the accounts.  So I have no way
of tying that monthly payment that is deposited in my checking account to the
note receivable asset I have set up.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'd like to enter the payment each month from the Bills section and record
the payment to my checking account and have it also interface with the two
separate accounts for the notes.  Any help would be appreciated.
0
Benimble (1)
2/9/2005 5:17:05 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I'm not sure I follow your scenario; but you can create a type of loan that
is a loan you made rather than one you received. (It's the first or second
question in the create loan account dialog.) Then these loan payments know
all about interest and transfer from the positive loan balance to your cash
account when you deposit the check.

"Jack Benimble" <Jack Benimble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up an account for money I receive on 2 separate notes from the
> sale of a business.  It amortizes the note fine, but when I enter the
> recurring payment I receive at the beginning of each month, there is no
> way I
> can attach that payment to the note.  I can only see the "payee" (who is
> actually the "payor" since I'm receiving the payment) and not the
> Promisorry
> Note 1 and Promisorry Note 2 I have set up in the accounts.  So I have no
> way
> of tying that monthly payment that is deposited in my checking account to
> the
> note receivable asset I have set up.  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
> I'd like to enter the payment each month from the Bills section and record
> the payment to my checking account and have it also interface with the two
> separate accounts for the notes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Yes I know that.  Had I not gotten to that point, I would have had no
amortization table as I said.  I did get it to work by deleting the account
and starting over again.  But the calculations are quite wacko...more than
rounding errors.  Money obviously has a problem in their programming
algorithms for time value of money.  Quicken and Quickbooks calculates it
right.  I've had to override the interest calculation on 120 payments to get
it to match up with my 1099's and my TValue5 calculations.  I have one note
that pays interest only for 5 years and then interest and principal for the
ensuing 5 years.  No way I could find to do that in Money except for making
two separate notes; one that terminates in five years and the other that
calculates interest and principal for the next five years.  After purchasing
about 8 different versions of Money already, you'd think a cazillionaire
company like Microsoft could at least get one smart programmer to fix these
anomalies.  The wizard to do this procedure is also clumsy and if you set up
your loan amount wrong you have to delete the whold procedure and start over
again.  There is no way to revise the loan amount, just the other items.
After looking at Quicken 2005, I think they are in the lead in the
butt-kicking contest with Bill Gates in this department.  Also, in answer to
my own question, I think I must have answered the wizard question incorrectly
that asks if I wanted to track all aspects of the loan instead of just paying
the payment each month.  I can't imagine an accounting program or a user for
that matter not wanting to know interest paid and interest earned.  Oh, well
I think I figured a way to work around yet another Money anomoly.  Thanks for
taking the time to reply to my post Dick.

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> I'm not sure I follow your scenario; but you can create a type of loan that
> is a loan you made rather than one you received. (It's the first or second
> question in the create loan account dialog.) Then these loan payments know
> all about interest and transfer from the positive loan balance to your cash
> account when you deposit the check.
>
> "Jack Benimble" <Jack Benimble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have set up an account for money I receive on 2 separate notes from the
> > sale of a business.  It amortizes the note fine, but when I enter the
> > recurring payment I receive at the beginning of each month, there is no
> > way I
> > can attach that payment to the note.  I can only see the "payee" (who is
> > actually the "payor" since I'm receiving the payment) and not the
> > Promisorry
> > Note 1 and Promisorry Note 2 I have set up in the accounts.  So I have no
> > way
> > of tying that monthly payment that is deposited in my checking account to
> > the
> > note receivable asset I have set up.  Any suggestions would be
> > appreciated.
> > I'd like to enter the payment each month from the Bills section and record
> > the payment to my checking account and have it also interface with the two
> > separate accounts for the notes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Receive As #2
Hello Does anyone know what the Receive As permission does specifically? For example if I grant User A this permission will he be able to read mail sent from User X to User Y ? Thanks in advance On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:46:35 +0100, "Ib Schrader" <ibschrader@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello > >Does anyone know what the Receive As permission does specifically? > >For example if I grant User A this permission will he be able to read mail >sent from User X to User Y ? > >Thanks in advance > There was a lot of debate around this in another forum and the...

Recurring Investment Transaction How?
How does one make a recurring investment transaction? I have an Investment which pays a dividend monthly. I would like to have this entered automatically to show 1. investment activity and 2. receipt cash transaction. Thank you Bill Sadly, there is no way to schedule a recurring Dividend or Reinvest Dividend. "Msnews.microsoft.com" <billylock@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%231ljSOcGEHA.3724@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How does one make a recurring investment transaction? > I have an Investment which pays a dividend monthly. I would like to have > this entered au...

Send/receive has slowed to crawl
Running XP, SP3 and 2003 Outlook. I think this problem started after a recent PCTools update. I disabled the email virus scanning in PCTools and still have the problem. If I have very much mail to receive the connection to my provider times out and kills the download. It will take around 10 minutes to get 500kb, before this problem 500kb would load in 15-20 seconds. Any ideas where to start with this problem. Also when I perform the "Test Email Settings" function in the email accounts setup screen, the "send test email fails"( but the test email is sent), however the ot...

Lotus Notes users do not see my Outlook signature correct
My signature looks perfekt in Outlook 2003 and XP versions. But when the signature is received by Notes users, the background pictures are missing and the table text is moved to the right. I have searched IBM web sites and forums for any Best Practices when designing HTML for Lotus Notes, but found no solution to the problem. Has anyone experience with html that are presented correct in Notes ? Thanks -- Jesper Frier www.jesperfrier.com Is there a Lotus notes forum available? They would have the best answer, not an Outlook group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Checkbox Failures: MS Access .adp Connected to SQL
Hi all, I have an Access Form in an .adp connected to MS SQL Server 2000. When the field behind them is of the "bit" or "tinyint" datatypes, my checkboxes will not uncheck and also exhibit other bad behavior such as one checkbox affecting the data in another checkbox. When I convert all of the datatypes to smallints, the problem goes away and everything works perfectly. In MS SQL, the "bit" and "tinyint" datatypes are always unsigned. This issue appears to be related to Access attempting to store a -1 for true instead of 1. However, Access (even using...

Send/Receive Complete
This is a truly minor question that I have about Outlook 2002 on Windows = XP. When I click the Send/Receive button or press F9, the message = Send/Receive Complete appears in the lower right-hand corner of the = window almost immediately, but the animation - the little letter moving = between the two folders - keeps on going for anywhere between 6 to 8 = seconds afterward. Are sending and receiving complete when I see the Send/Receive Complete = message or somewhat later when the animation stops? I wouldn't want to = close Outlook while mail might still be on the way. Since this is my ...

BUG in Excel 2007
To duplicate this bug, create a chart with two lines with an x-axis that contains consecutive dates. Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it. IMPORTANT: Then, change the plot chart to plot using the primary axis. Finally, save and reopen the file. The data labels disappear and you cannot re-add them. Hello Blake, I would love to investigate this but I need more info. Please define "plot chart" When you say "Then, add a plot chart series (again with date x-axis) and add data labels to it" do you mean add a series to the existing...

Email Id and Pass everytime I send/receive?
Everytime I send and receive email in Outlook it prompts me for my server id and password. I input my pass and then click remember pass but it does not remember the pass thus prompting me everytime I hit send and receive. I do not experience this issue with Outlook Express. Any thoughts on how I can resolve this issue with Outlook? ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :-) There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Outlook 2002, the SP1 solves many of these, so start there. If not, here are some other solutions:...

Save a Publisher ducument as .htm
I have a leaflet that I print using Publisher. It is in Booklet format with 4 pages (2 from, 2 back). I want to display all pages (1-4) as a webpage, but when I 'Save As' webpage/.htm only Page 1 is saved. How do I get the entire document saved? Thank. Mike Chances are you created the other pages, but didn't notice that they are in supporting folder that also contains all the graphics for your site. Generally, for reasons beyond the scope of your question, you do not do a 'Save As' to create a website using Pub 2003 and 2007. Instead do a 'Publish ...

Lotos Notes
Hi, I have a server mail in Lotus Notes and wanted to see if there is some way to be able to along with use a lotus notes for route emails into CRM. Thank You Nery MS CRM does not support Lotus Notes. The only email support it provides is via Exchange server. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:24:01 -0700, "Nery" <nemc@intelnet.net.gt> wrote: Hi, I have a server mail in Lotus Notes and wanted to see if there is some way to be able to along with use a lotus notes for route emails int...

broadband connection
I used to be on AOL. After I switched over to Comcast Broadband, Microsoft money does not seem to identify that I am connected to the internet. It signs me in offline. For information, I also have a router attached and mcafee firewall installed. Any help appreciated In microsoft.public.money, singus wrote: >I used to be on AOL. After I switched over to Comcast >Broadband, Microsoft money does not seem to identify that >I am connected to the internet. It signs me in offline. >For information, I also have a router attached and mcafee >firewall installed. >Any help appre...

Recurring Events
Hi all, I have had a search of the forum for this query to no avail, maybe poor search protocol on my behalf, if it has been answered previously please point me in the right direction. I have Outlook 2007 and I have all of my family birthdays on my calendar as 18 hour appointments on the correct day (so they show up on to-do bar), but in error have not made them reccuring. Is there a quick way of making them all reccur once a year or do I have to edit each one in turn? Your advice is much appreciated, I have a large family! -- GeorgieB82 Unfortunately, you'll ...

Column A is Town, Column B is names. How can Excel add & tell how.
Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each household. How can Excel add & tell me how many Smiths in each town and, if possible, how many Smith families with 2 people in each town. Then I want to chart the info. How many of each family name by town. Read Help for Pivot Table -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35575F1E-F67D-47C9-AD18-D1658405A5E9@microsoft.com... > Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each > hous...

Send receive Outlook 2003
Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too (Cntrl-M). Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as per the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc. Have even re-installed. but to no avail OE does this without any problem, but not outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client). Any suggestions would be welcome. Axel. When you "double checked all your settings" what did you see? Hw can we tell what you set incorrectly? What is your automatic polling interval? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook...

Routing Group Connection
Hello all, We have a problem with a new company we purchased being on the same ip range as one of our other companies. this is causing the obvious problems so we have isolated the 2 centre and they can no longer talk to each other. The problem is they are both in the same exchange org and need to send mail between the servers. We have multiple routing and admin groups all with RG connectors to each server. I want to push mail from server 1 to server 2 via server 3 basically so the 2 servers can deliver mail for the users. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Add a second NIC to e...

Must be connected to the internet to sign in online.
I have used Money 2007 for quite some time now with XP. I just got a new computer with Vista and am now getting this message, even though I have logged in to microsoft passport, and am on the internet when I am trying to log in to money. I tried to download the Adobe flash file Money said it needed, but IE won't let me do it. How does one use Money with Vista? In microsoft.public.money, TMD wrote: >I have used Money 2007 for quite some time now with XP. I just got a new >computer with Vista and am now getting this message, even though I have >logged in to microsoft pas...

Removing Downloaded "E" flag from transactions copied or added to Bills & Deposits
I have a couple of transactions that were downloaded from the bank that I have added to Bills & Deposits. However, each time the bill comes due and is added to the register, the "E" shows up in the cleared column and "Downloaded" appears in the transaction detail. The same is true if you wish to copy a transaction to another account. There appears to be no way to clear this indicator. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help. Bill, If I understand your correctly, you added the payments to Bills and Deposits from your account register after they were downloaded f...

Hyperlinks in Outlook launch Lotus Notes
I have been using Lotus Notes as my primary e-mail program and am in the process of switching to Outlook 2002. When I lauch a hyperlink contained within an Outlook e-mail message, it tries to launch Notes and then gives and error that the NOTES.INI file can not be found in the current path. I do not want to uninstall Lotus Notes, as I need to be able to read old LN e-mails. How do I get Outlook to lauch Internet Explorer and not Lotus Notes on hyperlinks? My operating system is XP Pro. William Book If you are using the Microsoft Outlook 2002 Connector for Lotus Notes, you CANNOT r...

Wingdings 2. Check Mark (P).
Hello; I set the Font into Wingdings 2, and put a formula =IF(G8="",,"P") This to put a check mark if Cell G8 is filled with any data, Now if there is any data in Cell G8, the check mark is appear, but the problem is if there no data a BOX is appear. How can I make EXCEL to put a check mark if the cell is filled with data, and remain empty if there no data. =IF(G8="","","P") -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Khalid A. Al-Otaibi" <KhalidAAlOtaibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

When eseutil /p fails
Hello everybody. I have a situation where the antivirus deleted the edb.log and thereby left the priv.edb (Exch 5.5) in an inconsistant state. This is not the time to discover that you�ve only backed up single mailboxes and not the entire infostore but unfortunatly this is the case. I guess I could restore as many backed up transaction logs as I have and replay them into an empty database but that would only give me back an month of mail. This leaves eseutil /p as the only option but eseutil fails to repair one of the damaged pages in my 13 GB database. In fact, eseutil starts to generate the...

Receiving email not intended for me
I have been receiving email within our organization that was not intended for me. I have actually looked at the message in the sent items folder of the person who sent it and my name is not listed. Yet I have received a handful (7) of emails in the last month that were not addressed to me. We are running Server 2003 enterprise with Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. How can this happen??? Let me put this another way... We are a sizeable hospital in NC with a couple thousand users and I am receiving internal emails not addressed to me. Emails have been sent internally to oth...

Outlook 2003: display notes
How odd. Clicking on notes button doesn't open notes anymore. Right-clicking on the notes button gives the option of opening in new window. Where do I reset the view? Remove the shortcut and recreate it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ren� asked: | How odd. Clicking on notes button doesn't open notes anymore. | Right-clicking on the notes...

Entourage not connecting to exchange over vpn

How to delete the note pad image?
I deleted the text in the note and the image of the note pad is still visible. How can I delete it? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01CACBA0.A45BB580 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Timmy, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) Are you referring to the Notes tab in the Task Information dialog or in = the Notes column? If so, then deleting all the text should prevent the = Notes indicator appearing in the Indicator column. Make absolutely sure = ther...

Certificate of Deposit in Small Business Edition
I am trying to add a CD to the business assets. The program keeps sending it to a personal account. How can I get the desingnation done correctly? Is there a way to eliminate personal accounts? The program was purchased just for the business. ...