How do I change the user ID for a financial institution?

I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept trying to hack
into my account and locking it.  Where within Money 2006 can I change my user
ID for a particular financial institution?  I see where I can change the
password for a financial institution, but not the user ID.  Thanks.
0
Michael5492 (655)
1/3/2008 4:36:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?= <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:

> I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept trying
> to hack into my account and locking it.  Where within Money 2006 can
> I change my user ID for a particular financial institution?  I see
> where I can change the password for a financial institution, but not
> the user ID.  Thanks.

You'll have to disable online access to that account, then set up a new
account. You'll then have to merge the old and the new accounts.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
"Steve" <respond@online.newsgroup> wrote in message
> =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?= <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> on
> 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:
>
>> I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept
>> trying
>> to hack into my account and locking it.  Where within Money 2006
>> can
>> I change my user ID for a particular financial institution?  I see
>> where I can change the password for a financial institution, but
>> not
>> the user ID.  Thanks.
>
> You'll have to disable online access to that account, then set up a
> new
> account. You'll then have to merge the old and the new accounts.

Not true. Account user names and passwords can be revised by going to
the settings page for an account in question, scroll to the bottom,
click on 'Change bank or brokerage passwords'.

It sounds as if someone has the OPs user ID but not password. If
that's true, he may have to involve the bank to re-issue a new user ID
for the same accounts. After that, use the steps above to revise it in
Money.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
1/3/2008 5:36:05 PM
"Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote on 03 Jan
2008 in group microsoft.public.money:

> "Steve" <respond@online.newsgroup> wrote in message
>> =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?= <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:
>>
>>> I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept
>>> trying to hack into my account and locking it.  Where within Money
>>> 2006 can I change my user ID for a particular financial
>>> institution?  I see where I can change the password for a financial
>>> institution, but not the user ID.  Thanks.
>>
>> You'll have to disable online access to that account, then set up a
>> new account. You'll then have to merge the old and the new accounts.
>
> Not true. Account user names and passwords can be revised by going to
> the settings page for an account in question, scroll to the bottom,
> click on 'Change bank or brokerage passwords'.
>
> It sounds as if someone has the OPs user ID but not password. If
> that's true, he may have to involve the bank to re-issue a new user
> ID for the same accounts. After that, use the steps above to revise
> it in Money.

The password isn't what needs to be changed -- it's the account name.

Let me elaborate on the process:

* As usual before doing anything major in any program, make a backup of
your data file. If something goes wrong, you can start over. (I've never
had anything go wrong in this procedure, and I've done it many times.)

* Disable online access to the existing account, *for which you have
already had the account name changed*.

* Re-enable online access to the existing Money account. Provide the new
account name and password. Money will connect to the bank, log in,
notice you have an account that's not sync'd, create a new account in
Money, and dowload all the transactions.

* You now have a new account that duplicates a large number of
transactions in your old account -- probably the last 90 days worth,
depending on the bank. Merge the new account and the old account. The
duplicate entries will be merged automatically.

* Check the merged account to assure yourself that the transactions are
correct and that all duplicates have been merged. Check the ending
balance too.

If anything goes wrong, write down all the error messages, including
code numbers, and go back to using your backup file. Post here a
detailed description of what you did, including all the messages, for
more help.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

> The password isn't what needs to be changed -- it's the account
> name.

I understand that point. You can change the account name on the page I
cited. I have not tried it, as I have no need or desire to change the
account name. But I think it can be done without the level of hassle
you describe.

One problem for disabling online services, if for a bank that supports
bill pay, is that all scheduled bills have to be canceled before
disabling the service. Otherwise the bills remain active but you lose
the link in Money and can't control them.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Graph Legend Keeps Changing
Hi I run Windows 2000 and Excel 2000. I have some graphs that I update on a monthly basis, the problem is that when I extend the range to take in the next month, the Legends changes from "SCRAP", "PLAN", etc etc to "Series 1", "Series 2" etc etc. I then have to go into Source Data and rename the "Series 1", "Series 2" etc back to to "SCRAP", "PLAN" etc Could anyone tell me how I can stop this from happening? That is how can I get the Legends to stay the same and not change everytime I redefine the range. ...

Change Font Color Based on Classification
Can I have the Font color in a specific row be a certain color based on a value in one cell in that row. I am looking at data for different room types classified as A,B,C,D or E. Each row is for a different room with one of those classifications. I want the whole row to dislay one or five different font colors (respectivley) based on the classification. How can I do this, Scott for 5 colors you need to use VBA to get it If four were acceptable use Conditional formating (one default and three conditional) I "sip8316" wrote: > Can I have the Font color in a specifi...

Check if a form has changed since it was last saved
I am developing an application using an ms access front end and a visual foxpro 8 backend. The application uses adodb connections to add/ update/edit data in the back end database. When a user clicks the save button on main data capture form the user input is programmatically inserted into a new record or an existing record is updated by creating SQL INSERT INTO or UPDATE statements on the fly. I was wondering if anyone knew of an efficient way of coding a mechanism to check if the form had changed since the save button was last pressed. I guess this can be achieved by capturing the On Chan...

Change Envelope Address
Hi Exhange 5.5 Currently we using our exchange server to relay mail from our SGI server. The from address from the SGI is nobody@cdspubs.com and the Subject is generic ID. Can exchange upon relay change the envelope i.e. change the From: address to example jason@cdspubs.com and Subject: to Files Uploaded (maintaining the correct T0: and body content). The only envelopes that need to be changed are from nobody@cdspubs.com If so how would I go about it Thanks Jason 5.5 is not going to be very good at it. What might work better is an event synch on a W2K3 box in between them. Ma...

Getting event ID: 1022 "Logon Failure on database .... Error: -2147221231" on many mailboxes hourly
I'm setting up our new exchange server, and once I started putting mailboxes in, I'm getting event ID: 1022 "Logon Failure on database ..... Error: -2147221231" on many mailboxes. Specifically: Logon Failure on database "Bergmeyer\Principals Group" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=Bergmeyer/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=epoulin. Error: -2147221231 Users can log in, send mail, and everything, but hourly a error appears in the event viewer for about half of my users. I've searched through google, and found a few possible ...

Changing Series names
Is there any way to change the titles of series in the chart and not on the spreadsheet? If you want the legend text for the series to be different from the name in the spreadsheet, try selecting: chart source data series tab and typing the new label in the 'name' box. This should break the series name's link to the spreadsheet --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Changing font in rich text table
I want to standardise the font of all data in a table's rich text field. If I use: Dim DB As Database Dim rst As Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set DB = CurrentDb() strSQL = "SELECT tblReportTermly.Aims FROM tblReportTermly;" Set rst = DB.OpenRecordset(strSQL) Do Until rst.EOF With rst .MoveFirst .Edit !Aims.FontName = "Calibri" !Aims.FontSize = "11" .Update .MoveNext End With Loop i get "Object doesn't support this property or method". Am I approaching this incorrectly? ...

Save you changes
Found an annoying bug in the KB Manager. Often when adding new KB articles, once the article is published, I still get a dialog box asking me if I want to save my changes. There is no way to edit or save a published article (except to unpublish it first). Even after I unpublish and repeatedly save the article I continue to get this dialog box asking me "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" Once you save and publish and article this warning should never happen. ...

how do I change general background colour
I WANT TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND SO I CAN SEE WHITE TEXT WITHOUT HIGHLIGHTING CELLS. Please do not SHOUT! It is considered to be very bad netiquette. Select the rows/columns by using the number or letter headers>format>cells>patterns>select a color. OR,use the built in on your toolbar. To change all cells use the cells button on top of the 1 and to the left of the A -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "RITA" <RITA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9589FB70-A2D9-4EA5-BB5D-20CD3E287D11@microsoft.com... > I WANT TO CHANGE THE BACKGROU...

Colours change unexpectedly for pie charts and graphs in Excel 200
Hi I have a user who is using Office 2003 and namely Excel who is has created pie-charts and graphs. At the time of creation the colours are correct, however, when saved and reopened the colours alter. Also if the user logs off then logs on the colours appear correct briefly. The file is in on a shared server and other users also see it in the corrupt colour state. Resolutions tried are, reset the colour palette, checked for a file in XLStart folder, checked if macros are present. Ran detect and repair, installed service packs. I would be grateful for any advice or if others have had ...

Outlook for Mac. New user???
I am new to Outlook Exp. I am using a Mac. How do I compose an email in html format with pictures. And how do I create a shortcut for Outlook Exp on my desktop? Thanks in advance. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact....

Duplicate Emails from one user to another
Hey, Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything seemed all hunky dory. Then one of our original employees starts telling me that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user. No one else recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him). Ive checked his message rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the...

automating mailbox creation for existing 75 users
Hi all, I have a Domain with 75 users that already exist in Active Directory. I've added and exchange server and need to create mailboxes for all these users. the domain controllers are windows 2003 boxes and the exchange box is a member server running Exchange 2003 Enterprise I have a couple questions related to this. 1 - Is there an easy way to automate creating mailboxes for these existing domain accounts rather than do it by hand? 2- Currently, from the Active Directory Users and Computers on the Domain Controllers, it doesnt have the facility to create exchange mailboxes. I h...

Outlook 2000 Application Failure Event ID 1000
I'm running Windows XP and recently started receiving the following message when starting Outlook. The main Outlook window appear, folders and such are shown, the application takes a long time, then the error message pops up. Safe mode does not prevent the error. The error message displayed is "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needed to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Below is the information from the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 5/28/2010 Time: 8:5...

Activesync, 1 device shared by multiple users?
Hello. Is this possible? The vice president of the company I work for wants to purchase one Motorola Q when it comes out. He wants me to make activesync work with that device. I want to try to let three users beta test it one week at a time. Can I make multiple profiles in a device? Or can I erase the previous person's profile and create the next beta tester's profile? Thanks in advance. Hi You would need to erase/remove the previous setting when handing over to the new beta tester, unfortunatly Windows Mobile devices are not able to be configured with multiple profiles. ...

I'm a New user Asking for help!
how do i mutiply more than one column each time. Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you give an example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "09lawrencej@gaggle.net" <09lawrencej@gaggle.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8503AC40-616A-493B-BAA3-6B9D4BB27512@microsoft.com... > how do i mutiply more than one column each time. What do you really mean? Do you want to multiply several columns wit the same number? 09lawrencej@gaggle.net Wrote: > how do i mutiply more than one column each time -- BenjieLo -----------...

Breaking automatic link among Office Apps for User Information
Hi: Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically changes user information in MS Word. I need to break that link. I need a different user information for MS Word (for example) and another one for MS Entourage. Can someone point out how to do this? Thanks In article <1142638699.397871.141530@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, "Rodizurieta" <rodrigo@izurieta.com> wrote: > Hi: > > Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 > > I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically > changes user ...

Changing Bank
My company is going to change bank, what we need to do in GP8? Please advise. Thanks. stien Create a new Checkbook ID and be sure to use a Bank Transaction or Transfer entry if you are going to move funds from one bank to another "stien" wrote: > My company is going to change bank, what we need to do in GP8? > Please advise. Thanks. > > stien > Thanks. "Leslie Vail" wrote: > Create a new Checkbook ID and be sure to use a Bank Transaction or Transfer > entry if you are going to move funds from one bank to another > > "stien" ...

Changing header and footer details in queries???????
Reports are simple in design view but queries are what I am interested in. I have not found a way to alter the header information in a query other than to turn it off. Is there a way to add information???? Cheers Duncan Duncan, open the query in design view put the cursor in a column of the query open the query's property dialog in the row for Caption, type the name to show for the heading for that column. To do this in a more automatic way, create a calculated field for that column by putting the heading followed by a colon in front of that field Example Field called ODate in the row...

User Profiles going from XP to Windows 7
I am in the beginning stages of testing Windows 7 and have run into my first "issue" I know and have read what I can find about the changes from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure. I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to manage/create policies for Vista/7 with GPP. But is there anything that I can do about "converting" the existing users profiles so that they won't be starting from Scratch? We have some machines that we will be doing full/clean installs on and are most likely going to be buying a bunch of new PCs that...

External user receiving mail for internal distribution list
I am running Exchange 2003 enterprise. I have an external SMTP recipient that is receiving mail unwanted from one of our distribution lists. I have checked the distribution membership and they are all internal users. At first I thought one of the users might have some inbox assistant rule turned on that was auto forwarding all messages but when the external user receives the message it appears to be from the original sender and not from a user on the distribution list. I tried setting up a contact in the AD with the external user's SMTP address and setting it so that the contact...

Plot area changed after reopen document
Hy, I have problem with unstable format of charts in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet (under Windows XP). When I re-open a spreadsheet, the plot area is usually contracted to a much smaller portion of the total chart area, leaving lots of white space around the edges. This happens repeatedly with some, but not all, of the charts in my spreadsheet. Some are x-y plots, some are combination line, bar plots. Is there any way to keep the size of the plot area from changing? Thank you for help. ...

Best way to insure no users can log in
Hi, I have to run the account combiner for the professional services tools library and I have to insure that no users can log in while it is running. Also we have automated applications that use eConnect to enter data in Great Plains and I have to make sure that they can not connect. Does anyone have good suggestions on how to do that? I was thinking of killing all spids on the server and putting it in pause mode. Is the account combiner using more than one spid (does it need multiple connections?). Thanks, Peter SQL Server enables you to put a database in single-user mode by goin...

CRM User Support
I'm a CRM user - resently went to 4.0. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there. Any interest in getting a user group together to share ideas/solutions to day-to-day tasks and problems? I'm hoping the group could meet somewhere in the Atlanta/Alpharetta area. There's a microsoft office in Alpharetta. Most recent problem - dulplicates self populating. Some historical activities placed on one and not the other contact. I'd also be interested in hands on training, not just the CRM 101 and what it can do - but a time when we could ask specific questions, seeking s...

Error 61 when setting up a users homepage
We are running version 9 ona test system with a copy of our live data. When we log in as a user and try to set up the role for the home page we are getting a GP error 61 then several erros after that. I find nothing on customersource about even setting up the homepages. has anyone else ran into any of these issues? Robert Fann Omni Packaging ------=_NextPart_0001_4E3C21D7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! I just pushed a Kb article that references this same error message. It occurs when starting GP 9.0 and it is reso...