Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)

I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm
repeating it.  Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too
short or sounded like spam.  In any case my experience on this board is that
even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't
reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the
poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do.  Not having
received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost:
*****
Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G RAM.

I can't get the Important Dates Item to show up on my Home Page. I shows up
on the Customize your Home Page screen, but not on the Home Page itself.
Have removed it from the Customize page, saved the file and then added it
back; no change. When I removed all other items except for "Important
Dates", the Home Page said there is no content on your Home Page, click here
to add some. I set up a test date with tomorrow as the selected date, but it
still does appear. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
--
Peace,
BobJ

0
Privacy1 (389)
1/18/2006 3:01:35 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Marilyn & Bob wrote:

>I can't get the Important Dates Item to show up on my Home Page. I shows up
>on the Customize your Home Page screen, but not on the Home Page itself.
>Have removed it from the Customize page, saved the file and then added it
>back; no change. When I removed all other items except for "Important
>Dates", the Home Page said there is no content on your Home Page, click here
>to add some. I set up a test date with tomorrow as the selected date, but it
>still does appear. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I get the same thing you do.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/18/2006 3:22:44 PM
Thank you.  Just another (minor) thing that is broken in the latest version.
--
Peace,
BobJ

> In microsoft.public.money, Marilyn & Bob wrote:
>
>>I can't get the Important Dates Item to show up on my Home Page. I shows
>>up
>>on the Customize your Home Page screen, but not on the Home Page itself.
>>Have removed it from the Customize page, saved the file and then added it
>>back; no change. When I removed all other items except for "Important
>>Dates", the Home Page said there is no content on your Home Page, click
>>here
>>to add some. I set up a test date with tomorrow as the selected date, but
>>it
>>still does appear. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>
> I get the same thing you do.

0
Privacy1 (389)
1/18/2006 7:00:44 PM
Important Dates will appear on the pre-selected Home Page position only when
there is a date to display, any other time, the bar will be invisible.
"Marilyn & Bob" <privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
>I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm
>repeating it.  Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too
>short or sounded like spam.  In any case my experience on this board is
>that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he
>can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or
>that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do.  Not
>having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this
>repost:
> *****
> Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G RAM.
>
> I can't get the Important Dates Item to show up on my Home Page. I shows
> up on the Customize your Home Page screen, but not on the Home Page
> itself. Have removed it from the Customize page, saved the file and then
> added it back; no change. When I removed all other items except for
> "Important Dates", the Home Page said there is no content on your Home
> Page, click here to add some. I set up a test date with tomorrow as the
> selected date, but it still does appear. Is this a bug or am I missing
> something?
> --
> Peace,
> BobJ

0
Mushaus (1)
1/21/2006 9:15:48 AM
That's why I created a test entry with the current date.  It still did not
show up.  Not terribly useful if it did, however, as one would like a little
warning in advance, or a message a day or two after in case one didn't log
on to Money on that date.  This looks like a pretty useless feature, so I
guess I shouldn't care if it doesn't work.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Mushaus" <Mushaus@msn.com> wrote in message
> Important Dates will appear on the pre-selected Home Page position only
> when there is a date to display, any other time, the bar will be
> invisible.
> "Marilyn & Bob" <privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
>>I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm
>>repeating it.  Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too
>>short or sounded like spam.  In any case my experience on this board is
>>that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that
>>he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or
>>that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do.  Not
>>having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this
>>repost:
>> *****
>> Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G RAM.
>>
>> I can't get the Important Dates Item to show up on my Home Page. I shows
>> up on the Customize your Home Page screen, but not on the Home Page
>> itself. Have removed it from the Customize page, saved the file and then
>> added it back; no change. When I removed all other items except for
>> "Important Dates", the Home Page said there is no content on your Home
>> Page, click here to add some. I set up a test date with tomorrow as the
>> selected date, but it still does appear. Is this a bug or am I missing
>> something?
>> --
>> Peace,
>> BobJ

0
Privacy1 (389)
1/22/2006 1:16:02 AM
At MS e-mail support's suggestion, I did a Standard Repair, followed by a
Quick repair.  This actually got the Important Dates Item to show up.  But
as I discovered, it is not a very useful feature, even though I did get it
to work.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Mushaus" <Mushaus@msn.com> wrote in message
> Important Dates will appear on the pre-selected Home Page position only
> when there is a date to display, any other time, the bar will be
> invisible.
> "Marilyn & Bob" <privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
>>I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm
>>repeating it.  Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too
>>short or sounded like spam.  In any case my experience on this board is
>>that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that
>>he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or
>>that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do.  Not
>>having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this
>>repost:
>> *****
>> Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G RAM.
>>
>> I can't get the Important Dates Item to show up on my Home Page. I shows
>> up on the Customize your Home Page screen, but not on the Home Page
>> itself. Have removed it from the Customize page, saved the file and then
>> added it back; no change. When I removed all other items except for
>> "Important Dates", the Home Page said there is no content on your Home
>> Page, click here to add some. I set up a test date with tomorrow as the
>> selected date, but it still does appear. Is this a bug or am I missing
>> something?
>> --
>> Peace,
>> BobJ

0
Privacy1 (389)
1/22/2006 1:18:51 AM
> But as I discovered, it is not a very useful feature, even though I did
> get it to work.

Bingo.

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Apply that important package
--sjylrgvlrci Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wylinhapopu"; type="multipart/alternative" --wylinhapopu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lrjkvbnkxyxfschvq" --lrjkvbnkxyxfschvq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping ...

Import menu option privileges
Hi, In CRM 3.0 what privileges do need to have the Import option in the tools menu? Some of my users don't have this option. I know about the 'Bulk Import' privilege, but this doesn't seem to be doing the tick. One of my users has a role with all Bulk Import set to Business Unit (apart from Delete that is disabled) and the Import menu doesn't show up. Regards, Marcin Konopka Hi Marcin, I had a similar issue and I spent 2 hours to get the solution (Whew!). You should provide "User" privilege in "Bulk Import", "Import Configuration" for...

Conditional Formula based on previous date + 30
I have a spread sheet that caluclates when proposals expire. Date Sent Follow Up date January 13, 2010 February 12, 2010 What I am looking for is for the Follow up date to turn RED when the date is expired (over the date listed). Just use CF with a formula of =B2>TODAY() -- HTH Bob "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66DE65F1-F041-434C-86A7-B13635C6914F@microsoft.com... >I have a spread sheet that calu...

Hidden data when pasting from html page into Excel?
I have a situation where I copy a report, which is generated as an html page, into Excel for analysis. When a new copy/version of the report is available, I copy and paste the new data over top of the old in Excel. I've noticed that the size of my Excel file is growing after each copy/paste situation. To manage this, I can delete the worksheet where I paste the data and reconstruct it. After doing nothing else, saving the workbook results in an immediate reduction of file size. If I simply select everything on the sheet and delete, the file size does NOT go down; I have to delet...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Algorithm to combine identical items in a list
I have a rather large worksheet that contains a list of all items in a warehouse inventory. I would like to be able to combine duplicate items as new inventory is added. Each item has (among other fields) an item ID, a color and a condition. I would like to combine only the lines where all of these fields are identical, summing the quantities in each record, and recalculating the cost based on the cost field in each record. Currently, I do this by starting at the top of the list and comparing each record to all of the records below it to the end of the list. This is rather time-cons...

Determining and Printing a specific page
I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can specifically print only that page of the spreadsheet??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance! "wnfisba" <wnfisba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F732030-938F-411B-9C46-B1885E6EAD33@microsoft.com... >I have a HUGE Excel spreadsheet and I only want to print a certain page. Is > there any way that I can tell what page the row resides on so that I can > specifically print only that p...

Page numbering 12-04-09
I have taken the trouble to review all the related previous posts but do not see the answer to meet my needs. I have a 7 page document which consists of a front and back cover 2 pages each and so far 3 pages of report. Page 2 is followed by a section break next page while page 5 is followed by a section break next page. In addition I also put a section break at the end of the document which I should not need. Numbering starts on page 3 as page 1 of Y which seems to work fine. However, page 4 and 5 do not display page numbers while page 6 displays page 1 of 6 and page 7 i...

Arranged by date
Is it possible to set up extra ranges for the arrange by groups in Outlook 2003. For example I would like to extend "arrange by date" to group emails by 2 months ago, 3 months ago, ... last year, 2 years ago...... Currently everything that is older than 1 month gets grouped as "Older" Any ideas. Regards Alex Weatherall ...

System date
The system date is correct for todays date. Maybe last October it off by a year? Hank ...

Reconciling non-inventoried items always hangs
Ever since version 8 or so (we are now on version 9), whenever inventory reconcile is run, it hangs on discontinued and misc charge items. There barely any data for these items. Why does this consistently happen? This adds about 4 hours to our reconciliation process whenever we need to run it. ...

"files based on content, not file extension" option issue
Hi, I met a strange question. When I disable "files based on content, not file extension" option in IE browser (IE -->Tools Options-->Security-->Internet zone-->Custom level --> "files based on content, not file extension" disable). When I used IE to access ftp://ftp.microsoft.com via. proxy, such as: ccproxy..etc. IE browser shows HTML source code instead of normal html webpage. Could you take a look? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well...

how to count if the value falls between a date range
example 1/1/2005 1/2/2005 = 2 2/1/2005 2/2/2005 = 2 I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 =countif(a1:a10,">="&date(2005,1,1)) - countif(a1:a10,">"&date(2005,1,3)) (I'm not sure what between means--include the end dates or not???) joe wrote: > > example > 1/1/2005 > 1/2/2005 = 2 > 2/1/2005 > 2/2/2005 = 2 > > I am trying to get the ount if the value is between 1/12005 and 1/3/2005 and > similarly 2/1/2005 and 2/3/2005 -- Dave Peterson Dave, ...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

Designation is not importing into resource center with resources
I synchronizing project server 2007 with Active Directory. after synchronization there is one field AD which is designation of the user .. which is not import into project server . I want Designation also import into project server with synchronized resources. how to do this Sam: You would need to write your own sync routine. The built-in synchronization routine is not extensible. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "Sam" <Sa...

How do I make footnotes appear on each page (cross ref)?
I have cross referenced several footnotes throughout my document. Is there a way to display the footnote on each page where it is referenced? For example, if footnote 2 is on page 4 and I have cross referenced it again on page 10, it is possible to display the footnote text again on page 10? Not without creating a new footnote, no. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lapple" <lapple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:392F1F11-6EFB-49E7-9348-FDE7CA6A0E4D@microsoft.com... &g...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?
I have 2 cells and combined them into a third cell with the following formula... =a1&" "&b1. I was combining a person's first name (cell 1) with a person's second name (cell 2) so cell 3 included the first and second name. Now I want to copy and paste cell 3, but it copies the formula... I need to paste in the content (first and second name) not the formula. Hi Tammy, You could use a macro see JOIN macro on it's page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm not what you actually asked because if would change column A with the concatenated const...

Printing on 2 sides of a page?
How can I print a 2 page spreadsheet on the front and back of the same sheet of paper? Using Excel 2008. Thanks! It depends on whether your printer supports duplex printing. Check your printer's features to find out. If it does, the setting will be available in the Print dialog. You can also do a "manual duplex" job by printing page 1 (or 'Odd pages'), flipping the paper yourself, then print page 2 (or 'Even pages')... If it's only 2 pages that might be the simplest approach. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac "Rick"...

Import plain text with formulas into Excel
I'm having some trouble in Excel. If I create a plain text file like the following: 1,2,3 4,5,6 =sum(a1:a2), =sum(b1:b2) Nothing can be done as if in spanish is (SI), iserror is (ESERROR), and so on. This really sucks as I can't just install other software on the server nor make other modifications. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking when they translated the versions; any Excel version should accept it's language commands and English commands, but well, that's too much to ask for... Any good sugestions? Regards -- schmiedel ---------------------------------...

Page Cannot Be Displayed....
I have 2 clients that have intermittent loss of access to CRM 3.0 via the web browser. One is running XP, the other Win 2000. I have applied all patches and updates to Windows, Office, CRM and CRM Client, everything. There are times it will work one minute and not the next, and sometimes it will work for a day or 2. The Browser says Page Cannot be Displayed. Trying to access CRM through Outlook give an error saying something about an Authentication error. (I don't have the exact error message at this time). All other clients on the network are having no issues with CRM via the we...

how do i count mails with time and date
i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like time and date on responded "Bhanu C" <Bhanu C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F0F08B1-3302-43F9-B2F8-5FE1BEC99A9B@microsoft.com... >i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like >time > and date on responded Why not just look at the InfoBar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] see http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm - specifically the replied time section. If needed, you can copy rows to excel and compare dates etc. -- Diane Poremsky...

Formatting date fields after export
I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other applications. The data formats to "yyyy-mm-dd" and cannot be modified unless I double-click on each field. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And what solutions would you suggest? It is probably seen as text, select the imported dates, do data>text to columns, click next twice, under column data format select date and YMD click finish Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Raymond" wrote: > I am experiencing problems with my exported date fields into Excel from other > applications. The d...

Import and Export from/to Excel query
I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. When I try and do it I am told I don't have the correct translator and do I want to install it - when I say yes it tells me to put in the CD - when I put in the CD it doesn't install but just freezes up and I have to cancel - the file it tells me I need is L4561403.CAB How and where do I install L4561403.CAB which I assume that I can find on the CD?? TIA for any help. Brian Tozer KiwiBrian <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > I need to import and export Excel files in and out of Outlook 2003. > When ...

can't create item
can't create item, when i hit a link to e mail on a internet explorer . i get the error mesge .cant create item ...