Home page #3

I recently upgraded to MS Money Plus Deluxe.  When the program starts or
whenever I select 'Home' the program lags for at least 2-3 minutes.  It looks
like it might be downloading something.  This never happened with MS Money
2005 or 2007.  This is getting to be very annoying.  Any suggestions?
0
saustin71 (2)
2/11/2008 3:37:11 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, saustin7 wrote:

>I recently upgraded to MS Money Plus Deluxe.  When the program starts or
>whenever I select 'Home' the program lags for at least 2-3 minutes.  It looks
>like it might be downloading something.  This never happened with MS Money
>2005 or 2007.  This is getting to be very annoying.  Any suggestions?

I would first go to Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings and set the
(GeneralDisplay:)StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList

That should speed up your starting, since the "home" page is
probably associated with the slowness.

Then Tools->Settings->HomePageDisplayOptions and Remove the
BillsAndDeposits and SpendingTracker modules.  If you still have a
problem when you go to the "home" page, remove all modules.  If the
problem goes away, you can add things back until the crash does not
happen.  Add back in the other things you want on the home page.

At some point the slowness may get fixed. Then you could configure
in those modules.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/11/2008 3:45:42 AM
When I upgraded to Plus from Money 2006, my home page took about 15 minutes
to load from about 20 seconds on 06.  I did what Cal suggested and that
helped but I needed the data on the home page.
For kicks I did a nuke the scheduled bills.  It seems to me that that should
not have anything to do with the startup, but my home page now loads in 20
seconds with all the data on it.
You might want to try it.  Print a scheduled bills report first.
Al.

"saustin7" <saustin7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded to MS Money Plus Deluxe.  When the program starts or
> whenever I select 'Home' the program lags for at least 2-3 minutes.  It
> looks
> like it might be downloading something.  This never happened with MS Money
> 2005 or 2007.  This is getting to be very annoying.  Any suggestions?

0
a_scura (26)

OFFICE #3
I recently up graded my Mac operating system from 10.4.9 to system 10.5.<br> Now when I try to open excel the message says that it is being used by me. It could be an issue with naming the computer. Everything worked before I installed the new system upgrade. It could be a software issue. I have three Mac computers. I have used one ID number on each computer for a total of three. What is the exact text of the message? Only Excel, or any Office Application? Which CPU type? Have you applied Apple Combo Updater 10.5.2 (released today)? If it's any Office application, it's a bad...

Microsoft Office Outlook #3
A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". How do I stop this message from prompting me everytime I try to create an email? I am using Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange. I am the Net Admin and notice that my machine is like the only machine in the office (same setup) that prompts this message. Thanks in Advance What addins do you have installed? For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm --...

SUM #3
Can anyone please tell me why on earth sometimes these stupid green corners appear. when I do a sum with any of them I get a zero. If I ignore the green corner things , it won't count, but if I convert to number it works. So if I go to Format Cells and change to Number, why doesn't that do it!! and how can I avoid getting those stupid green things. Surely by default if you type in a number it means you want it as a number.? Ta J If the cell was pre-formatted as Text you can get a number that looks like a number but is not. That's why you get the "stupid" gree...

address book question #3
Using Outlook 2003... Whenever I open the Outlook Address Book, a dialog pops up telling me that the contact list associated with the address book can't be opened. Problem is, there are clearly contacts listed in Outlook. It gets really wierd when I check the properties for the address boon under "Tools --> Email Accounts --> View or Change existing directories or address books." There's nothing listed in there, yet there's a contacts folder listed in the "Show names from" dropdown in the address book dialog. So... How do I delete the current, e...

Freezing Panes #3
Hi All I have a question about freezing panes. I know that you can freeze panes at one point in your spreadsheet (Say the first 5 rows) whereby you can scroll down as much as you want and the top 5 rows stay constant on your spread sheet. What I am looking to do is to freeze to points on a spreadsheet so that you can scroll only through a defined area. For example: Rows 1 through 5 are frozen Rows 200 through 205 are frozen So you can only scroll in between rows 6 and 199. That was my column headers and my totals for the information that I am entering are always visible on the screen an...

Outlook has stopped working #3
I am not at all knowledgeable about this so I am hoping you will have patience with me as I learn. Thanks in advance. I tried to get into my mail yesterday and it would not open. Hesitated for a couple of minutes and then shut down and a box came up. I am going to type what was in the box in hopes someone can help me understand it: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file. C:\Users\Teresa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, an...

Customising Outlook Today #3
Following system crash, finally decided to re-format hard drive, re-install windows 98 and the upgrade to Me, followed by re-installation of MS Office 2000. Having done so, I then downloaded updates to Me. I am now no longer able to customise Outlook Today home page; it always starts with my Inbox and I have to select Outlook Today page. I then press "customise" in the hope of achieving the "always start with this page" option, and nothing happens. Have since downloaded all Office 2000 updates, but this has not cured the problem. Any advice would be appreciat...

Page Numbering for TextBoxes and Continued on/from
Hello All, I have a template that is a 24" X 11" page with three textboxes of 7.5"W X 11". Basically, I am placing Word docs on this template, with each textbox representing a page. My problem is that I can't find any way to automatically page number the textboxes or make use of the Continued from/on option that will reference the hitherto non-existent textbox page numbers. Any tips out there? Thanks in advance for the assistance. ...

worksheet skipped in page numbering
I have an Excel document with 10 worksheets (tabs). I went to set up footers and my options from the drop down were page 1 for first tab, page 2 for second tab, etc. until I got to the 5th tab and it went back to page 1. Tab 6 gives me dropdown options for page 5 - in short, it is like it skipped a worksheet and will only number that sheet as an indpendent one, and calls it page 1. Any ideas as to why it doesn't recognize a worksheet? -- Zach ...

How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the document without typing in all the measurements? Save it as a template; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NowWow" <NowWow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D892886-B419-4784-...

http page not found
hi, when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. can somebody help me? hi again, yes i can ping my CRM server and yes if on the server open browser en type local host i see the crm web site. i have this problem when i try to open any of the crm folders from outlook en i see this error that http 404 page can not be find. any help would be really welcom. thanx "shahin" wrote: > hi, > > when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i > recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. > > can somebody help ...

AUTOMATION #3
Hello, I have been attempting to implement Visual Basic Editor and I cannot seem to get it right. I am wondering if anyone would be reluctant to provide me with some easy to follow instructions for automating Outlook. I am also wondering if anyone would be willing to send me some useful scripts to help get me started? You may email me at djr9239@fastmail.fm I really do appreciate the help and apologize for being such a novice, as compared to most of you. I just need some direction to get me going. Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to your responses. Respectfully...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

Linking Question #3
I have several books that are all in the same folder (master templates) I'd like to link them with out recording the "full path", that way I can copy the files to "project" folders and use them. But I don't want them pointing back to the files in the master template folder. Can I declare some kind of variable %HERE% so that the linked files always searches the folder where the current file is located? Thanks for any suggestions. xjvs xjvs, Once way to do it that always works is to open the several files from the master folder, then save each file into the p...

Outlook 2000 Tasks #3
I have a handful of people who maintain a "shared" or "team" folder in outlook. The folder has its own address, task folder, etc. I need to have the ability for one user to create a task with a due date, and for the task reminder to appear also for the others who share that folder. Is this possible? I tried it once, and was able to create a task that was viewable to all, but no reminder popped up when the due date/time arrived. ...

File Dialog Explorer style + manipulate existing controls #3
First, thx for your replies on my first question. I ave another question: in my application I have an online-language-switch option, where the user can switch between the languages German, English and French. Can i manipulate the buttons and labels of the modern file-open-dialog at runtime? I don't want to add new controls only manipulate the existing one (setting correct language texts). Is this possible with the file dialog which uses explorer style? thx ...

VBA #3
I have a standard database which i need to upload it into my accounting software. In this database, one column is sale amount whereby sometime the value is NIL. Is anyone know how to write VBA to run down that particular column to delete those row with sale amount is NIL? Thank you so much in advance. Howard wrote: > I have a standard database which i need to upload it into my accounting > software. In this database, one column is sale amount whereby sometime the > value is NIL. > > Is anyone know how to write VBA to run down that particular column to delete > th...

OWA 2003 #3
The junk mail feature works beautifully on outlook 2003 client. On OWA 2003, it doesn't seem to be working. Is junk mail a feature of exchange 2003 or outlook 2003? If it is a feature of exchange 2003, how come spam gets through when I use OWA 2003? Thanks in advance, "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >The junk mail feature works beautifully on outlook 2003 client. On OWA >2003, it doesn't seem to be working. > >Is junk mail a feature of exchange 2003 or outlook 2003? Outlook 2003. >If it is a feature of exchange 2003, how come spam gets thro...

.tmp files #3
Excel 2000 is leaving the tmp file in the folder when any spreadsheet is opened and closed. This is confusing to the users and is wasting network drive space. I found that it should be renaming and/or deleting these files. Is this a feature or is there some setting I am missing. "Mike Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Excel 2000 is leaving the tmp file in the folder when any >spreadsheet is opened and closed. This is confusing to >the users and is wasting network drive space. >I found that it should be renaming and/or deleting these >fi...

vlookup #3
Is there a way to use a vlookup to look across multiple tabs within an excel file? Example Tab 1 contains sales data from salesmen in State A Salesman Sales 1 100 2 200 3 500 Tab 2 contains sales data from salesmen in State B Salesman Sales 5 1000 6 600 7 800 From another tab, I would like to be able to type in a salesman's number and get their sales, regardless of which tab they're on, without having to first combine the data onto one sheet. * The data is in the exact same place on e...

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

outlook attachment problem #3
Dear all, Our company had upgraded to Win server 08 & exchange 07 last year. Some of the Outlook user have the attachment problem, many file is pdf & xls. Some of the pdf and xls file is OK and some have the problem. We try to open it directly in the email, the pdf file is damage & the xls file is blank sheet. We save the file on desktop first and then open, same problem and it show the file size is 0 kb. We also try to open in outlook web access, it can open directly and no problem. This problem also occur on outlook 03 pc and outlook 07, but some of the pc using outlook 03 ...

Help with Page Life Expectancy
hi I am using 32bit SQL Server 2005 and SP3 applied and hosted with VMWare Hi i have a situation where Page Life Expectancy counter shows a consistent average of 70 seconds when running the perfmon. I read that this should be > 300 seconds on average Buffer Cache Hit Ratio = 99% Memory grants pending = 0 lazy writes/sec = 0 i am trying to find out what queries are causing this but i'm not sure how to go about doing it. does anyone have a suggestion of what to run and look for? Derek Identify the queries consuming (or that will consume) the most memory select req...

setup a text box as a lined page
I'd like to simulate text on lined paper. Is it possible in Word or Publisher? Thanks Find a lined paper background or graphic, put it on the Master page. On the the publication page create a text box. View, turn on baseline guides. Go to Arrange, Layout guides, baseline tab, adjust it to match your lined graphic. Select the text box, Format, paragraph, check align text to baseline guides. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=lined+paper&gbv=2 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tridev" <tr...

Set up a single page to print a chronolgy of sheets printed
I am trying to set up a single page to print out a number (chronological order) each time that particular page is printed. Are you trying to increment a particular cell's value or to increment the page number, or to only print a number, and not the sheet? "srfr808" wrote: > I am trying to set up a single page to print out a number (chronological > order) each time that particular page is printed. ...