hide/close/delete shared account

(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up
money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the
forum.)

i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't
want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing"
it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to
"categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there.
0
kch (5)
11/14/2008 4:37:16 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even
more so) for the most mainstream case and that case wants every account
downloaded. Microsoft seems to feel that more granular control adds a cost
and complexity and user support costs (since every feature they add causes
people to call up needing help) and they don't want to go there.

IF you abandon a) MEss for Deluxe, and b) the notion that the only way to
get the data into Money is to download it, THEN you can get total control
over how Money depicts the data. This of necessity entails putting some more
effort into the problem. But as many users come to know, downloading
transaction data does not solve all problems and does create some of its
own.

In microsoft.public.money, kch wrote:

>(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up
>money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the
>forum.)
>
>i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't
>want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing"
>it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to
>"categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there.

See if you can delete the existing transactions from that shared
account. Then close the account within Money. In Money Plus that
would prevent the account from showing transactions in reports, and
prevent its downloading new transactions from the bank. I hope it is
the same in Essentials.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/14/2008 5:07:40 AM
cal, i think money plus may be the answer, but i'm going to try your
recommendation. can you delete existing transactions while you are
"categorizing my transactions," or do i do that from a separate function?
thanks.

dick, is there more information somewhere are using money ess without
downloading? i'm open.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, kch wrote:
>

> >(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up
> >money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the
> >forum.)
> >
> >i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't
> >want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing"
> >it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to
> >"categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there.
>
> See if you can delete the existing transactions from that shared
> account. Then close the account within Money. In Money Plus that
> would prevent the account from showing transactions in reports, and
> prevent its downloading new transactions from the bank. I hope it is
> the same in Essentials.

0
kch (5)
11/14/2008 12:26:02 PM
MEss is designed strictly to download data. That's why I said you'd have to
convert to Deluxe.

> is there more information somewhere are using money ess without
> downloading? i'm open.

In microsoft.public.money, kch wrote:

>cal, i think money plus may be the answer, but i'm going to try your
>recommendation. can you delete existing transactions while you are
>"categorizing my transactions," or do i do that from a separate function?
>thanks.

In Money Plus, there is an AccountList view. From there, for the
unwanted account, you would right-click where it says
TransactionsToRead, and then click Delete Statement. No need to
supply a category first.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

is there any way to clear the buffer of a System.IO.StreamWriter so that it does not do a flush when it is closed in the finaly block?
is there any way to clear the buffer of a System.IO.StreamWriter so that it does not do a flush when it is closed in the finaly block? ...

how to delete queue in Exchange 2003
Dear all: In Exchange2000, I can freeze email then delete it. But how to delete freeze email in Exchange 2003? Thank you for your reply! I got it! Need to find email first, then remove it with NDR or none NDR function. Thanks for your read! "Come2" <come2@ms76.url.com.tw> ���g��l��s�D :egg82TQrDHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all: > > In Exchange2000, I can freeze email then delete it. But how to delete freeze > email in Exchange 2003? > > Thank you for your reply! > > ...

Deleting "Pay to" entries
I've running Money 2000 v8 on ME. I got big list in my "PAY TO" category when I use withdrawal folder. I'd like to tidy this up and delete most of them. How do I do this? Many thanks See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q63. In addition, you can go to the Categories and Payees|Payees list and delete ones you don't want to be on the pay to list. This will not change any transaction history, just take the deleted payees out of the explicit payee list. "Crazy man" <alcoNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:c1i6n5$hi4$1@hercules.btinternet.com... >...

Multipul Email accounts
I have been setting up my Outlook 2003 for email accounts for my wife and myself we have different addresses on the same IP address Outlook says the addresses are working but only my account is downloaded from the IP. what is the problem. Jeff H. You should check with your isp for set detail. If your receiving mail from two isp's, you need to be sure you have the correct POP3 (incoming) and SMTP(out going) settings. I use earthlink for my ISP, but I pull mail from my office e-mail and have different pop3 and SMTP info for each account >-----Original Mes...

Another account with same payee...what do you do?
At my previous residence and at the current residence I have telephone service with the same company. Previously I had the monthly phone bill as a budget item, and now I have phone + internet service from the same company. Ofcourse the account number is different. What do you do in this case? The options I see are: 1. Use the same payee name and delete the old account info and plug in the new account info. Not sure what that does to old transactions...I suppose it doesn't matter, except perhaps if I ever did want to go back to those payments and look at the account info? 2. Cr...

Track Deleted Message
I have an instance where the boss or his secretary deleted a message and claim to have never received it. The Message tracking says that it was delivered to both mailboxes. ExMerge has a copy of the message in both users inboxes. The Veritas Backup shows it was in both mailboxes. Is there any way to determine who deleted it and when? No. "TrigonDisunity" <TrigonDisunity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C49D9491-3A5D-4892-81DE-42C655985DA9@microsoft.com... >I have an instance where the boss or his secretary deleted a message and > claim to have never...

Why does workbook think deleted macro still exits?
I have deleted the macros in a workbook but each time I open it there is still a messge stating there are macros. How do I stop the message from appearing? Thanks Karen ...

Outlook 2003 not sending emails for one account
Hi All, I have two accounts setup under outlook 2003 which i just started using on a brand new dell computer. My sbcglobal Home account works fine but Work account will not send emails. I receive this error message: "Task 'Work - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).', "when trying to check my email. Also, if I use the test settings buttons under the account setup screen, I ge...

Account descriptions should be seen in transaction entry
When doing transaction entries it would be very helpfull if when an account number is entered the account discription would be displayed in the entry screen(like when the vendor name appears when a vendor number is entered in the purchase transaction entry screen). That would allow you to verify the account with each entry without taking the time to pull up the name from the lookup. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

Money 99
Anyone know how Money calculates the interest on Credit Card Accounts? When I set up the account and enter the interest rate and payment, I can go to the balance forecast and it only shows my payment being deducted each month and no interest being drawn. Have you got your CC in the Debt Reduction Planner? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com. "Sally" <...

Delete rows from one sheet containing deatils on the second sheet
I need help - please: I have 2 Excel sheets: 1 – Contains all contact details (aaprx 900 rows) 2- Contains email addresses which have bounced back over the past 3 months (approx 80 rows) Sheet 1 - first_name, last_name, email, company, job_title, street_no, etc, etc, etc., Sheet 2 – email_address How can I write a macro or function to delete the rows in sheet 1 that contain the bounced email addresses listed in sheet 2 All help appreciated. Please don't multi-post. See response to your identical postings in microsoft.public.excel and .worksheet.functions -- Max Singapore h...

email account set up
I'm trying to set up my email account in outlook 2002 but whenn i test the settings i get the error message "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the email address field." i entered my email address as sieleman and as sieleman@mchsi.com. I know that this is my correct email. Dell and my ISP have siad that they can't help me. Please help. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to set up my email account in outlook 2002 but >whenn i test the settings i get the error message "Send >test e-mail message: Unable to...

How do I delete multiple pages in Publisher

hide Admin from address list
Hi Exchange server 2003 (SBS2003) how do I hide / remove the administrators mail box address from all lists to stop people sending emails to it when they select all domain users? thanks Adrian wrote: > Hi > Exchange server 2003 (SBS2003) how do I hide / remove the > administrators mail box address from all lists to stop people sending > emails to it when they select all domain users? > > thanks Well, you can control who can send email to that mailbox in the delivery restrictions section (ADUC properties of the admin acct, exchange general tab). Would that not suffice?...

Account balance not equal to account register
My checking account balance does not equal my account register. I tried the repair feature of Money 2004 but it didn't fix this problem. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >My checking account balance does not equal my account >register. I tried the repair feature of Money 2004 but >it didn't fix this problem. Any ideas? There are two balances in your Money 2004 register -- Today's and Ending. The Ending balance should match the Account list. I am not sure of what inconsistency you are seeing. See if Money 2004 register gives different balance w...

Investment Account Register
In Money 2003 when I entered data into the account register for an investment account, the screen also showed the running balance of the corresponding cash account. In Money 2006 has that feature been omitted? Yes, the only way to see that information at the same time is now on the account summary page. -- "Don" <don@neverspam.com> wrote in message news:%23L7c$0pmFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In Money 2003 when I entered data into the account register for an > investment account, the screen also showed the running balance of the > corresponding cash acco...

Full Account Descr on PM Transaction Listing
We've been making some pretty long Account Descriptions and now we've run into a problem. The PM Transaction Posting Journal uses a work table called PM_Journal_Distributions and a field called Field2. PM_Journal_Distributions.Field2 is only 32 characters long and our descriptions are often longer. The payables dept is complaining they can't tell which account is being shown on their edit listing because there are so many characters being cut off. My question is, can someone show me how to successfully create a new table relationship between this table and the Account M...

Recurring Appointments Set by Deleted Users
Hello.. I'm terribly new to Exchange. *red flag!* *red flag!* We have a recurring appointment that we need to add users to, however, we cannot change the appointment because the user that organized it was deleted long ago. How can we go about changing these appointments? Thanks in advance! Re-create it. On 30 Dec 2004 10:35:48 -0800, "Basic" <cbromley@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello.. > >I'm terribly new to Exchange. *red flag!* *red flag!* We have a >recurring appointment that we need to add users to, however, we cannot >change the appointment becau...

Conversion from 97 to 2000 deleted all my tables, etc.
Help! When I converted from 97 to 2000 all my tables, queries, etc. have disappeared. Any way to retrieve them. My database name stayed the same even though I choice a different name for the converted file. I now have two blank files. ...

Deleted messages not going away
I have a message that was deleted from the inbox but does not go to the deleted items folder and I can't get rid of it. This has happened to 3 out of 500 users in my company. The e-mail is a cleaned message that originally carried a virus. How do we get this out of the Inbox? Will not allow me to move or delete it as it has already been done once. ...

Access 2000 deleting records

Investment transfer / cash account wrong
Money 2007. I did a few investment transfers and now my cash account is way off. The transfers were recorded as buys and sells should they have been recorded differently? Thanks Cindy In microsoft.public.money, Cindy Conover wrote: >Money 2007. I did a few investment transfers and now my cash account is way >off. The transfers were recorded as buys and sells should they have been >recorded differently? Maybe did TransferOut of a security from an investment account to a different investment account. In that case, the cash was supplied from the original account. If that wa...

Reconcile AR to GL
Hello, I compare a cash receipts distribution window with the journals entrys in GL and i notice that there's a differece because the Journal entry generated by the applying the cash receipt was deleted in GL. Is there any way to recover that Journal Entry or I have to create a Journal Entry manually?, I hope to recover because that journal entry have the reference to the cash receipts. Thanks, Cristian Castilla No recovery - once it's gone, it's gone. Sorry. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www...

Show and hide a embedded chart?
How do I show and hide a embedded chart using a CommandButton -- Bob Please try not to double post. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Bob" wrote: > How do I show and hide a embedded chart using a CommandButton > -- > Bob ...