hidden transactions #2

I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off
on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out
why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through
right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in
total all such transactions made up the difference in balance.

Any suggestions?

Oscar
--
Elvart
0

In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote:

>I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off
>on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out
>why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through
>right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in
>total all such transactions made up the difference in balance.
>
>Any suggestions?

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838713&Product=mny
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/5/2006 4:56:55 AM
In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote:

>I have read the article before and tried to follow it. The first method did
>not work, second also, because i did not have these extra transactions shown
>on  the report. Regarding third method I have some questions
>Firstly,  I have about 3000 transaction in my checking account should I
>delete all of them (because export does not give you an option to set date
>range) and how to do it not one by one?

To delete transactions in step 3, Clear the Tools->Options->Editing
Confirmation Options boxes.  Sort the cash transactions register by
increasing date.  Select the bottom transaction and click these
keys in rotation: Delete, Enter, <cursorUpArrow>.  Listen for the
audible sound.  If the audible sound changes, look at the screen.
You might have to deal with a customized allocation transaction.
Continue.  I was able to do about 50 per minute, but I needed to
switch hands after a while.  I then searched for a keyboard macro
program.

MacroMaker http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm
turned out to be useful for me.  Not only could I program a single
key to do the action, but I could specify how many times it would
repeat.

>Secondly, I exported (as a try) all checking account to loose QIF file and
>found that hidden or greyed out transactions does not have a second line in
>their records that reads "CX". Maybe it's the reason for them tobe
>unaccessable?

If you can identify which transactions apply, delete all of the
others in the QIF file. Then File->Import that file as in the
procedure.

Now if you are using Money 2004, then switching to a later version
may well fix it automatically. I know it was reported that when the
problem occurred with Money 2004, that converting to Money 2005
fixed it. You could try the Money 2007 trial and see if the problem
goes away. . If you want both versions to work (one at a time), pay
attention during install and have Money 2007 trial not uninstall the
earlier version. Then do not do an uninstall later.

You never said what version you are using.

>Also, all these transactions came straight from Bill and Deposit schedule.
>
>Please, could you help?

???

>Oscar
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/5/2006 3:51:53 PM
Hi Cal,

Sorry for the late response, but I just have done fixing the problem. The
Money fix worked, but they only forgot to say that after downloading this QIF
file you have to delete extra transactions. I guess that they did not take us
for complete fools anymore.

Also, I'd like to thank you much for this MacroMaker, it really saved the day
--
Elvart

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote:
>
> >I have read the article before and tried to follow it. The first method did
> >not work, second also, because i did not have these extra transactions shown
> >on  the report. Regarding third method I have some questions
> >Firstly,  I have about 3000 transaction in my checking account should I
> >delete all of them (because export does not give you an option to set date
> >range) and how to do it not one by one?
>
> To delete transactions in step 3, Clear the Tools->Options->Editing
> Confirmation Options boxes.  Sort the cash transactions register by
> increasing date.  Select the bottom transaction and click these
> keys in rotation: Delete, Enter, <cursorUpArrow>.  Listen for the
> audible sound.  If the audible sound changes, look at the screen.
> You might have to deal with a customized allocation transaction.
> Continue.  I was able to do about 50 per minute, but I needed to
> switch hands after a while.  I then searched for a keyboard macro
> program.
>
> MacroMaker http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm
> turned out to be useful for me.  Not only could I program a single
> key to do the action, but I could specify how many times it would
> repeat.
>

> >Secondly, I exported (as a try) all checking account to loose QIF file and
> >found that hidden or greyed out transactions does not have a second line in
> >their records that reads "CX". Maybe it's the reason for them tobe
> >unaccessable?
>
> If you can identify which transactions apply, delete all of the
> others in the QIF file. Then File->Import that file as in the
> procedure.
>
> Now if you are using Money 2004, then switching to a later version
> may well fix it automatically. I know it was reported that when the
> problem occurred with Money 2004, that converting to Money 2005
> fixed it. You could try the Money 2007 trial and see if the problem
> goes away. . If you want both versions to work (one at a time), pay
> attention during install and have Money 2007 trial not uninstall the
> earlier version. Then do not do an uninstall later.
>
> You never said what version you are using.
>
> >Also, all these transactions came straight from Bill and Deposit schedule.
> >
> >Please, could you help?
>
> ???
>

> >Oscar

0
elvigor (2)

Automatcally Hiding Rows in Excel 2000 #2
Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule (ie if there is no data in a row, we want to hide that row without doing it manually)? We have a couple of ideas which involve VB code which reacts to data within that row but if anyone has done this before or knows of a way to do it, that would be great. Thanks in advance! Tom Starr http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F625B17.4BF93224%40msn.com Was a reply you got to your first post. Tom Starr wrote: > > Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule > (ie if there is no...

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

NTBackup #2
I have used NTBackup to purge the Exchange Log Files. I requested to backup to the hard drive to a selected folder. The folder now contains a .bks file and the Log Files have been purged. My question is do I have to retain the .bks file or can this be deleted You want to be looking for a BKF file. That file is essential if you want to restore the data in the event of a failure. You should move the file to somewhere other than the local machine. >-----Original Message----- >I have used NTBackup to purge the Exchange Log Files. I requested to backup to the hard drive to a select...

Journal not recording #2
I have noticed several posts about the Outlook Journal not recording for one reason or another. All have gone unanswered. Has anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem? I missed those posts. Mine works fine in Outlook 2003 and did also in 2002 as long as I hit the exit and save. Are the problems people not able to enter data and find it again or what ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:732c01c401fe$25218050$a101280a@phx.gbl... >I have noticed sever...

Strange Outlook Behavior #2
For some reason users have started reporting that Outlook (2000) doesn't refresh/update it's display correctly. For example, new e-mails aren't shown in the inbox when they arrive. You have to click off the inbox on another folder and then it will update and show that you have new messages. A similar situation exists with outgoing mail. When you send an e-mail it does show a "(1)" next to the Outbook folder, but the '1' just stays there and makes it appear that the e-mail never left your outbox. But as soon as you click on another folder the '1'...

HTML Email templates in MS CRM 1.2
Dear all, In MS CRM version 1.0 there was the possibility to include HTML in an email template. When you would include some table, link or image html tags in the email they would be converted and diplayed as html. Our problem is that version 1.2 doesn't seem to support this any longer. Is this true or is there another way to do this. If it is remover, why has that been done. Regards, Edwin Jongsma, Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_0993C774 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Yes this is a removal in v 1.2 to disallow scripting via the editor. Thanks, Priya J...

SUMIF with two conditions ? #2
I have 3 colums colum A G7705 colum B 300 colum C Units I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" Can somone Help =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="G7705"),--(B1:B10=300),C1:C10) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mestrella31" wrote: > I have 3 colums > > colum A G7705 > colum B 300 > colum C Units > > I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" > > Can somone Help Ok I did that & it worked, now when I try to get the data from another worksheet it gives me wrong data, do you know why? ...

Quit creating duplicate desktop icons when doing upgrades/hotfix #2

Store Operation 2.0 In Item Property showing On Order 6 or so.Need
I my Store Operation 2.0 database in am showing some #s in on order. I alreddy all PO closed and I don't have any any back order and its still showing On Order Quantity (Different #s for different items) How do I make this On Order Quantity Zero "0" I am looking for SQL query Update Items Set OnOrder = 0 some thing like that but I dont know the Database field name for Onorder Please help me. ...

Viewing messages #2
When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they never come up. Can someone help me? Not yet. State your Outlook version, the type of mail transport you are using, whether you are using a preview pane or opening the message, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wleef33 asked: | When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they | never come ...

Enhanced metafile #2
Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible with C++ to explose a EMF (Enhanced metafile) what I need to know is to import a EMF to my project, the image may contain test + image + lines + polylines , I need to be able to detach each object ... I need to read each line into the EMF Thanks ...

delete data #2
Hello, we have CRM v3 installed in a test evironment. we have added test data for customers, products. we have created oppurtunities to invoices. we would like to delete all of this data. is there a way to do it without uninsalling and reinstalling the software? cheers, Michael. Try to delete via the UI from Advanced Find. For some of the object (Order, Invoices, Quote, etc.), depending on status some of these records cannot be deleted. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htmTry "Michael P. Lindekugel" wrote:...

Business portal email #2
We would like the ability for HR Management Self Service Suite to send notifications to Roles instead of just an individual user. This would allow us to have multiple people assigned to the HR Admin role and each person receive an email when a task is assigned to that role. Currently you have to open the "assisgned to" tasks to see if there is any work to be approved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If...

Very Slow Transaction Post
My POS station has become incredibly slow to post transactions and print the receipt. The database has grown to about 2gigs. Any suggestions? Thanks Scott Hi Scott Normally we find that growth is mostly due to the journals. I would recommend that you thin them out a bit, say removing anything older than a year. You could use the below command for it: DELETE Journal WHERE time < getdate()-365 The above statement will delete all journals over 12 months old (alter the number of days as required) and then run this SQL statement dbcc shrinkdatabase DatabaseName -- Jenny "...

Where's the Transactions?
I recently closed my checking account on Money 2003. I wanted to start over fresh in 2005. So when I closed the old account I renamed it with the same basic name but added 2004. When I go to my credit union to download transactions into the new account in Money I never can see there transactions. They keep getting directed to the old closed account. Is there a name association I'm missing? Bill In microsoft.public.money, Bill Crews wrote: >I recently closed my checking account on Money 2003. I wanted to start over >fresh in 2005. >So when I closed the old account I renamed...

Close opportunity #2
Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes. In my example I like to change the statuscode values. Thanks for your help You need to customize opportunity entity, statuscode attribute (Status Reason) "Gerd Gottschall" <GerdGottschall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73847649-7E5F-443C-9600-BCC2089E3B24@microsoft.com... > Hello everybody, I know I have no posibility to customise the > "opportunityclose" -entity but I need to change some attributes....

deleted payable transaction or batches
I am wondering if GP keep the history of deleted payable transaction or batches? if it does, in which table i can find this information. thanks No, once it's deleted, it's gone from the tables. What are you trying to accomplish? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com We have an application that exports invoice transaction to GP. Our application indicates that it has been successfully exported to GP but we couldn’t find them in GP. So wondering if someone deleted the transaction in GP. Thank you. "F...

Signature page not printed for Credit card transaction
Hello I have set up new POS system and the POS system does not print signature page for credit card use. I check 'require signarue' for the receipt from tender type window and print Z-out to apply it but it still does not printing out the signature page. Any Solution? Please be advised. thank you for your help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C92FBD.0CA0D0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Alex, Make sure the receipt is set to print it. Manager | Database | Register = Lis...

Conditional SUM #2
Hello. In one table I have IdPassage, IdChunk, and ChunkValue fields. The Passage is composed for Chunks. The addition the Sum of Chunks is the length of the Passage. In a Form I need to SUM the ChunkValue, only of the same Passage. How I can make this, please? Anticipatedly grateful. an Hi type the passage id in say cell A2 on the sheet that you want to display the sum in B2 (or where you want the total) type =SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$20000,A2,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$20000) where Sheet1!$A$2:$A$20000 is the range containing the IdPassage information and Sheet1!$C$2:$C$20000 is the range containing...

Compare Sheets #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

Formula #2
I am trying ot put in a formula. I have a two columns with Revenue listed. One is the Estimate, one is the actual. If there is not an amount in the Actual amount column, I added the cell that was in the Estimate cell. I color coded the cell because I am breakingit out by Sales Person. I have 3 Sales People. I went in and did the SUM and went into each cell that is colored coded to each person. I am getting an error. Please help. Thanks, Vanessa Not enough information to more than guess at what you might be doing wrong. How are you going into SUM? Are you clicking on the sum icon? ...

Purchase Request Resolution #2
V10, Purchase Request Resolution window. I am struggling a bit trying to understand the Request Resolution window, and creating New Purchase Orders from it. I have went to the advanced query window and put in a buyer ID and a vendor ID, and then I do see the list of components I need to purchase. However I dont quite understand if I need to hilite a component, click the select vendor, and then keep repeating this over and over for all the components listed? Then do I click the create button at the bottom to finally create my PO? If anyone has instructions, or a TechKknowledge num...

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

Thrift Savings Plan #2
Does anyone know an accurate way of tracking the military retirement plan, TSP? I have just added an account called TSP and modeled it like a 401(k). Then for each of the funds you have, just add a new investment. You won't have a stock symbol or anything. Some days, I manually update the fund prices, and others I don't. It will calculate your returns whenever you make new transactions. I basically just make those investment transactions whenever I get my quarterly statement. I don't know of a better way of tracking the TSP. "Anthony" wrote: > Does anyone ...

How do I link many cells to one particular cell? #2
I am trying to link multiple cells to one particular cell and can't seem to do it. I want the multiple cells not just to have the same information but be connected to the same cell. I want multiple cells to take the information from ex. cell D4. So everytime i change cell D4 every cell that is linked to it changes. Do I have to input =D4 into every single cell that I want to link or is there an easy way to mass link? enter =$D$4 in one cell and copy it to the rest. The $ keeps the address from changing relatively. Are the cells on the same worksheet? If yes, you could select...