help with Investment Accounts...

Hello,

I'm currently using MS Money 2002 (v10) and am looking for assistance with
an investment account.  I have just setup a RRSP plan with my bank where x
number of dollars will transferred into my two portfolios every month.  I
can easily set it up in Money to transfer the funds to the RRSP account,
which shows up as a cash deposit.  This in itself is fine but I'm not sure
how to change that cash deposit to an investment transaction to show how
many units were purchased in each portfolio.  All of this investment/RRSP
stuff is new to me so perhaps I'm just overlooking something?

I also have a second question which may be better off suited to it's own
post as it's completely unrelated to the above, but I will start here
anyways...  I have just received a corporate credit card through work and
want to be able to keep track of this in Money but I would like it to not
show up in the reports and what-not.  Is there a way to keep it "hidden"
from all other activities?  I'm guessing my best bet would be to create a
separate money file for it, but though I would ask to see if anyone had any
ideas.

TIA,

Greg

0
aa533 (2)
9/9/2007 9:11:56 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, GO wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm currently using MS Money 2002 (v10) and am looking for assistance with
>an investment account.  I have just setup a RRSP plan with my bank where x
>number of dollars will transferred into my two portfolios every month.  I
>can easily set it up in Money to transfer the funds to the RRSP account,
>which shows up as a cash deposit.  This in itself is fine but I'm not sure
>how to change that cash deposit to an investment transaction to show how
>many units were purchased in each portfolio.  All of this investment/RRSP
>stuff is new to me so perhaps I'm just overlooking something?

Enter a Buy or units into the Investment Transactions register for
the account.

>I also have a second question which may be better off suited to it's own
>post as it's completely unrelated to the above, but I will start here
>anyways...  I have just received a corporate credit card through work and
>want to be able to keep track of this in Money but I would like it to not
>show up in the reports and what-not.  Is there a way to keep it "hidden"
>from all other activities?  I'm guessing my best bet would be to create a
>separate money file for it, but though I would ask to see if anyone had any
>ideas.

Reports can be Customized to exclude accounts.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/9/2007 10:28:30 PM
Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, GO wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently using MS Money 2002 (v10) and am looking for
>> assistance with an investment account.  I have just setup a RRSP
>> plan with my bank where x number of dollars will transferred into my
>> two portfolios every month.  I can easily set it up in Money to
>> transfer the funds to the RRSP account, which shows up as a cash
>> deposit.  This in itself is fine but I'm not sure how to change that
>> cash deposit to an investment transaction to show how many units
>> were purchased in each portfolio.  All of this investment/RRSP stuff
>> is new to me so perhaps I'm just overlooking something?
>
> Enter a Buy or units into the Investment Transactions register for
> the account.

Thanks Cal.  You got me pointed in the right direction.  I can't quite buy
or enter the units right away as I will have no idea how many were purchased
or at what price until I receive a statement (or perhaps check online).  So
what I've ended up doing was just setting up a transfer of cash to the
investment's cash "account", and will then be able to update the
prices/units when my statement arrives.

>> I also have a second question which may be better off suited to it's
>> own post as it's completely unrelated to the above, but I will start
>> here anyways...  I have just received a corporate credit card
>> through work and want to be able to keep track of this in Money but
>> I would like it to not show up in the reports and what-not.  Is
>> there a way to keep it "hidden" from all other activities?  I'm
>> guessing my best bet would be to create a separate money file for
>> it, but though I would ask to see if anyone had any ideas.
>
> Reports can be Customized to exclude accounts.

I should have known that :)

Thanks again,

Greg

0
aa533 (2)

Help for Outlook 2002
Hi. Recently I had to have my operating system reloaded because I had installed bad software. I have an iPAQ that uses Outlook 2002 and that program was not reinstalled. I've looked around to download it and can't find a download. Can someone help? Thanks. Jaywilly There is no download. You probably have an Outlook 2002 CD that came with your iPAQ. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jaywilly" <anonymous@discuss...

Help Adding up multiple calculated cells
I have 8 columns that MAY contain NOTHING or may contain text chosen from a lookup name from a data validation pick list. Lic3 won't contain a value UNLESS Lic1 AND Lic2 are populated. I have 8 columns range named Lic1, Lic2, etc to hold a chosen license name. I have 8 other columns used for number counts relating to the lookups I have range named Lic1Cnt, Lic2Cnt, etc which hold a number such as 12. I need to add up the value calculated for each Lic based on looking up the text in a table, getting the price and then multiplying by the Lic? Cnt number. Some records may have only a singl...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

Help with Outlook #2
Hi Got a problem with my outlook account, I haver a pop3 connect box and I have put in a password for my email account under tools/email accounts but even though this is accepted I have to do send/receive before any mail comes through to my outlook inbox, can anyone help? Cheers CH "chasler (removethis) @hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c05a01c43828$7ce0c890$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > Got a problem with my outlook account, I haver a pop3 > connect box and I have put in a password for my email > account under tools/email ...

cashflow in your bank account NOW!!!!! #2
i think u should try these websites! ;) go to this url: a) http://offto.net/forexkiss1/ b) http://offto.net/5technic1/ c) http://offto.net/50weeksforex1/ d) http://offto.net/makemoneyfirst1/ e) http://offto.net/cashsecret1/ f) http://offto.net/millionairesecret1/ g) http://offto.net/luxuryhomes/ h) http://offto.net/forextrader1/ well, these are just my suggestions.. i dont get any commissions for promoting these websites to you. good luck! ;) ...

Active Directory 2003 Account Disable Bypass trick
Dear All, I have Windows server 2003, DC installed on it. When I disable an account in active directory users and computers, the user cant log, but then if he removes LAN cable or turns the WLAN switch off, he will be able to log in normally. Is there anyway to force windows to store account status (disabled or not) with the log in credentials ?? Thank you, AmerTayeh -- amertayeh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ amertayeh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/233191.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/acti...

Help #20
Hi, I have a worksheet with 3 columns: "month, Item type, quantity" : month Item Type quantity Jan. 1 2 2 1 3 1 Feb. 1 2 2 2 1 3 I want to rearrange this according to "Item Type" verses "month" in a new worksheet where it sums the quantity of each type (as follows): Item Type Jan. ...

Formula help!
I haven't used Excel in a long time, so your help would be appreciated. I'm trying to come up with a formula that takes the following into consideration. Customers subscribe to a service that have an hourly cost, but costs can be determined by the fraction of the hour. This hourly cost is different for subscribers and non subscribers. An example would be the following: Column E represents whether or not they are a subscriber/Column F is their connection time (1/2 hour = 0.50)/Column G is their calculated price. How do I do the following: If E3=Y(Yes) then F3=0.50*130.00 therefore G3=65...

Please Help #5
I am using Outlook 2003 and I need to have a copy of my calendar on my desktop. Could someone please show me how to do this. When you say that you "need to have a copy of my calendar on my desktop", do you mean that you need have the data on your machine or that you want to see a graphical representation of the calendar as your desktop background? <babalink@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a7r9105i7h7g395ast409mji9ltpe87i97@4ax.com... >I am using Outlook 2003 and I need to have a copy of my calendar on my > desktop. Could someone please show me how to do this. ...

HELP!! Vlookup
I have this code to look in all sheets, but it stops after it finds the first entry. Im looking through 40+ sheets that could have the same criteria for the lookup. How can I have the first result in a6, then the second in a7, etc... a6 =vlookallsheets($D$4,$H$2:$N$2,1,FALSE) can I have a6 look through sheets 1-40, a7 2-40, a8 3-40, etc... Function VLOOKAllSheets(Look_Value As Variant, Tble_Array As Range, _ Col_num As Integer, Optional Range_look As Boolean) Function VLOOKAllSheets(Look_Value As Variant, Tble_Array As Range, _ Col_num As Integer, Optional Range_look As Boolean) '&#...

button help
I have a macro that executes correctly..but how do I get it to work thr a button? the macro name is "job" and I tried the buttons click even w/ code... "run.[job] -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Brian. Choose/click the button icon from the Control box toolbar, when button appears, right click on it, view code, then copy paste your original code into the new module. Mathew "-Brian-H- >" <<Brian-H-.115vdd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Brian-H-.115vdd@excelforum-nospam.com... I have a macro that executes correctly..but...

RE: Separate accounts in different folders
RE: Separate accounts in different folders Is there a way to have several email accounts on one outlook program BUT have each account have email come into a different folder and have outgoing email saved in a different folder. I know how to add new accounts. BUT: Is there an option for separating the accounts in various folders? Outlook 2003 MS XP You can use rules to filter mail and there is an option in tools, options, email options, advanced to store sent items with the original... or in Outlook 2003, use one inbox (so junk filtering works) and create search folders for each ac...

Customer credit limit checking in Project Accounting and Field Ser
Hi there We are using both Project Accounting and Field Services at a site that is very strict about using a customers credit limit. But the problem we have is that when billing from these two modules it does not check against the credit limit as it does in SOP. How can I get it to check the credit limit? Regards Robin You will need to create a Dex customization for this. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Robinv" wrote: ...

Help #19
Ok, I on a project for my boss and this is what she wants. We use the acess database to formulate information dealing with our company. We have to update them weekly and we update them using excel. We also have a set chart that coincides with the information, however every time we change teh information we have to manually change the chart. Is there anyway to link the chart and information so that it automatically updates when something is changed. (the chart is in powerpoint, not sure if this makes a difference). Thanks ...

Help with Macro please...
Hi Everyone I've come across a macro which I have tried using, but nothing seems to happen. This macro is run from Excel and interacts with Outlook, so I've made sure to turn on the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library in TOOLS - REFERENCES from the VBE window. If Outlook is not running, I do get the error message I'm supposed to get (i.e. "No message selected"), but beyond that I have absolutely no indication that the Macro actually does anything. The code is as follows: Sub CopyFromOutlook() Dim olApp As New Outlook.Application Dim olExp...

Help with creating drop down
Hi,, can anyone help me on how i can create a drop down combination(i'm not sure what it is called)? x y z X1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x3 y3 z3 What im trying to do is if cell A1 has a drop down list(with X,Y,Z selection), i would like cell B1 to return another drop down list that contains a list corresponding to what was selected in cell A1.. so if cell A1 is Y, then cell B2 will show another list with Y1,Y2 and Y3 selection... Im using MS Office 2007. Please advise and thank you very much. Hi, take a look at Debra web has excellent examples http://www.contextur...

VB code help
Hi all, I am creating an application on Visual Basic 2008 to convert any image into icon. I have written code (see below) which works fine. It converts any image to icon in specified size. But the problem is that when I try to use that icon I get error message saying "invalid image property" or "invalid image" etc. Please can any friend tell me that what amendments i need in my code below to achive my objective. help in shape of code will be much appriciated. Dim imageFinal As System.Drawing.Image = Nothing Dim g As System.Drawing.Graphics = Nothing imag...

Uninitialized help...Money 2004
None of the help links at the right of the money will work. I just says something about a bad link. I have WinXP SP1 with all the latest updates. I upgraded from Money 2001. Any sugesstions? I tried uninstalling and re-installing already. Thanks! Try deleting internet temporary file from Internet Options control panel. "Michael A. Dice" <mikedice@mail.com> wrote in message news:0d2f01c3512d$937a9b90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > None of the help links at the right of the money will > work. I just says something about a bad link. > > I have WinXP SP1 with all the...

help fixing a calculation problem
i have an big file that takes a while to calculate. I keep my calculation set on manual. a few times a day I create a csv. file out of a database and open it in excel and the file starts to calc and I end up having to wait it out. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent that from happening? -- barrfly Excel User - Energy markets ------------------------------------------------------------------------ barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482195 Try this .. Before yo...

pivot table help #8
Hi, I have a pivot table with following fields: Product, Party, Qty, Rate, Amt Product, Party are row fields, Qty, Rate, Amt are Data fields Everything works fine in the pivot table, and Qty, Rate and Amt have their own subtotal rows. I just want the Rate to have a weighted average. Lets say Hydrochloric Acid (Product) - Party1 - Qty:4 - Rate:100 - Amt:400 - Party2 - Qty:8 - Rate:90 - Amt:720 The subtotals for this row appear as: Subtotal: Qty:12 - Rate:190 - Amt:1120 Qty:12 is correct because qty is 4 and 8 bottles that is 12 Amt:1120 is correct because 400+720 = 1120 But Rate sub...

Conditional Formatting Problems HELP!
I used conditional formatting for the first time to display colors i cells based on the value of the cell. Everything works fine excep when I try to save I get the message "Excel could not save all the dat and formatting you recently added to nnnn.xls". Microsofts kb has an article that says you cannot exceed 2,050 row (Q215783), but I certainly don't have nearly that many rows. I do hav a pretty large number of cells with conditional formatting and wonde if there is some other limitation that I can't find. Everything els about this sheet is very plain stuff. Can anyone ...

Please Help! Messed up Hard Drive from using Partition Magic
I wanted to use Partition Magic to partition my hard drive, so I used the boot CD. When I loaded it up, it said that there were 2 errors in my hard drive and it could fix them, so I pressed fix. Unfortunately, I was running Vista and I only know now that they're incompatible. However, now my hard drive is completely screwed! If I plug my hard drive into my computer, my computer refuses to do anything after POST, it doesn't boot a CD or run anything from the hard drive. I unplugged my hard drive and it's booting CDs now, even though my CD was the primary boot device anyway...

moving email messages between accounts

Offline defrag for exchange 2003, Help
I have a 2003 exchange server running on 2003 Server. I have reached the 15 gig limit of Exchange I have cleaned out as much mail as I can buy still need space . How do you do a offline defrag of the .EDB files???? I know how to do a defrag for exchange 2000 but the commands do not work.... PLease help.... Here is a link that explains how to do it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254132&Product=exch2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Hlobell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

account length
Hello: A client of ours is using the Corporate Renaissance Reformatter product and it has increased the length of accounts within the chart of accounts. Now, when he looks at accounts in the Account Maintenance window and in inquiry windows and lookups, the account number is too big for the field. Is it possible to use Modifier to fix this? Thanks! childofthe1980s Changing the field length in database is not recommended but if you just want to extend the field width on a form then use Modifier and extend the field width. "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > A cl...