HELP - Monthly Income & Expenses Report

I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated
"Taxes : Federal Income Tax".  Yet in the Income/Expense report, this
payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month.  I
should note that the check was written from an Investment Account.  If I
write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in
the Income/Expense report.

Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay
the tax from?

0
tom_01271 (3)
3/27/2008 7:29:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote:

>I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated
>"Taxes : Federal Income Tax".  Yet in the Income/Expense report, this
>payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month.  I
>should note that the check was written from an Investment Account.  If I
>write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in
>the Income/Expense report.
>
>Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay
>the tax from?

Try Customize->Reset on that report. If that does not do it, add the
cash account of the broker account to the report manually.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

Generating report in Access
Is there a limit of length of the report? I can't make it longer than 21 inch... :( You have paper longer than 21 inches? Are you trying to fit everything onone "page"?You should be able to use as many pages as you need to fit it all in.-- RegardsJeff BoyceMicrosoft Office/Access MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentorhttp://microsoftitacademy.com/Microsoft Registered Partnerhttps://partner.microsoft.com/"Yue Zhao" <yuezhao@bu.edu> wrote in messagenews:eKf7l8YYHHA.944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...> Is there a limit of length of the re...

Monthly Budget Entry
RE: MS MONEY 2006 Retail Hi, Every step of the way an adventure!!! I made a split deposit to the "Accounts List" showing $527 tax return, as Other Income, and $500 OUT to Savings. The $27. remains in Other Income-Tax Return. Now the budget Report shows = Other Income:Tax-Return $27.00, This is not a true, representative figure of "Other Income", which is really $527., not $27.. How can I post a split entry showing both the $527 IN, and the $500. OUT, as two separate lines in the Monthly Budget. ThanX Mike "Mikie" <francisco9@att.net> wrote...

Number Records by group in Report
I would like to number or rank records in a report by grouping. The ranking or numbering would be based on the lowest time. I have a field of [HandleTime] in "nn:ss". The groups would be based off a department. Any Ideas. I have looked out numbering them in a query, but that does not help for the groupings. Thanks - David Add a text box to the Detail section, and give it these properties: Control Source =1 Running Sum Over Group This assumes the Sorting And Grouping box is sorting by the times within the group, and you don't have to show 2 identical times as...

create an expense requisition form
Can you please help me to learn how to create an expense requisition form? thanks, ml Being by looking here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "desesperada123" wrote: > Can you please help me to learn how to create an expense requisition form? > thanks, > ml You could start by browsing the MS Template Gallery http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Search for "expense" or "requisition" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2...

Locate particular months sale with year
I m using =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(b7:b400)=MONTH(D417))) this function to locate particular month's sale from my sale book, but when i change only year it does not work and result shows same. How it can be locate particular months sale with year =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(b7:b400)=MONTH(D417)), --(YEAR(b7:b400)=YEAR(D417))) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33672D01-A070-4A93-AB0F-EED5B0C963E8@microsoft.com... >I m using =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(b...

Calling HTML Help from subform
I'm working in ACCESS 2003 on Windows XP. I converted our .hlp help file to ..chm and I am using the code from Microsoft's web page at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275117 to call it. Our .chm help file opens fine for all forms and controls except for subforms which are contained within main forms. Can anyone tell me how to change the code so it (the help file) opens when the focus is on a control in a subform? When the focus is on a control on the main form the code works but not when the focus is on the subform. I have context IDs on all the form and subform controls. Th...

slow money report
Hey Guys: Am running win xp and money 2007. My monthly reports has crashed. When I click on the report, it searches for changes in the monthly data, etc, but then "hangs". I think this is what is slowing my computer; my computer's processor is running something in the background causing everything to be slow: my browser, money, etc. How can I correct this problem in money? Have tried to reinstall money without success and reset my computer to an earlier date again without success. Have you tried any of the File | Repair methods? "Curtis Glenn" <CurtisG...

Calculating the number of months
I have a column for start date and end date. I would like a formular that tells me how many months it is including the start month and end month. ex. Start date: 11/1/2009 end date: 4/1/2010 this would be 6 months if you include November and April. Thanks in advance hi assuming that start date is in A1 and end date is in b1.... =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m")+1 regards FSt1 "Philangr8" wrote: > I have a column for start date and end date. I would like a formular that > tells me how many months it is including the start month and end month. > > e...

Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order/Rename Report Options
Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order in the Report Options Window For example, when the Trial Balance Report Options window is open, the drop down list of report options appear to be in the order in which the reports were created, making it difficult to navigate to find the desired report option, especially when many options have been created. Would also like the ability to rename a report option. -- Elisabeth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

Weird lines showing up on query, report & table printouts
I'm using Access 2007 and everything was working fine. Then all of a sudden it started printing very small grid lines in the upper left corner of every page of any query, report, or table printout. Everything looks fine in print preview but the lines keep showing up on the printouts. I found one website where another person described the same problem (it was posted in 2006 so was probably for an earlier version of Access) but there were no suggestions given as to what might have caused the problem or how to fix it. I've tried rebooting the computer, using earlier backup v...

Report crashes when there are no records
hello I have a command button that uses DoCmd.OpenReport... etc... to print a report in preview mode. The report's record source is called qryData. On occassion, this query has no records, though I don't know this when I click the command button. In this case (no records in qryData) the program hangs. How can I prevent an attempt to print when there are no records in the underlying query? thank you -- Thanks Sophie You could try code like: If DCount("*","qryData") > 0 Then DoCmd.OpenReport ..... End If Otherwise most of us would place some code...

Formula Help 03-01-10
I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. A B 1 1/2/10 Dan 2 1/5/10 Dan 3 1/10/10 Perry 4 2/3/10 Perry 5 2/7/10 Dan 6 2/12/10 Perry Answer = 2 for January & 1 for February -- Thanks! PIVOT table is the right tool for this. "mahlandj" wrote: > I need to find how many times Dan occurs in a certain month. Example Below. > > A ...

Outlook Changes Incoming Server to "localhost"
For some reason, Outlook 2000, on three different machines here, randomly decides to automatically reconfigure account information to "Incoming Mail: localhost", and "User Name: your.name/mail.ispname.com". I had thought it was because I use a Spam front-end filter called POPFile, but now it's happened to two co-workers. Anyone know what gives? Thanks... In article <0c0101c34575$219b6c70$a001280a@phx.gbl>, dean.lusk@chandlermay.com says... > For some reason, Outlook 2000, on three different machines > here, randomly decides to automatically reconf...

Help ! Import Items from Excel or Comma Delimited file
Current user of Quicksell 2000 planning on upgrading. I have never used Quicksell to the fullest extent possible but am planning on using RMS to the maximum extent possible. Local partner familiar to RMS but I from reading it seems you might have so more information to help me and him. When I spoke with the local partner he said it wasn't possible to import price updates yearly from suppliers. I have multiple suppliers for one product I will probably use the UPC for the item number. He said I could import once but would have to manually update the prices each year from the sup...

help updating dialog box with status message
Hi all, I am new to C and having problems understanding the documentation : ( I have been using Visual Basic 6 and before that cobol and rpg. I have visual studio 6 so thats the C++ I am using. I have a project that was created as an MFC exe program dialog type. I have it all working , user selects filename and data is extracted from the selected file to a listbox. I use a static text box to put out a "processing complete" message at the end. I would like to put out a status message at various stages of processing the file since it can take up to 5 minutes on large files . How...

Can't Find "Help" in Excel 2003
I just upgraded to Excel 2003. The "Help" seems to be much different. It seems to be only an Online Help... and there is no "Index" feature that I can find. Is there a normal "Help" like what I had with Excel 97 ? Hi this is one of the 'wonderful' new Excel features. if you still have your old installation CDs I'd suggest to copy the older hlp files to your HD and use these help files instead >-----Original Message----- >I just upgraded to Excel 2003. The "Help" seems to be much different. It seems to be only an Online...

Sum values on monthly base
Hello, Can someone help me with this problem: A B 1/1/2006 152.3 3/1/2006 156.2 8/1/2006 186.1 5/2/2006 185.2 19/2/2006 145.2 ... .. I need to sum from all data on a monthly base. Jan : .. Feb : ... March : ... I already tried with a new column C who has the month number and then using the "Sum. If" function. But can it be done without a extra column just 1 formula per month? Thx in advance. ...

x report
x report will not print. When it is ran it returns a "0" transaction . I can see all the invoices in the jornal report. What have I missed? We are also using quickbook 2004 if thats makes a difference. Hi Sam, Could it be that you have just performed a "Blind Close" or have just ran "Z-report"? In this way, your X-report is for the newly-created batch wherein there are no transactions yet such that the report shows "0" transactions. I suggest you try running X-report on the Store Manager (\Journal\Update Batch Info) instead so you're sure f...

Need help getting timezone info in webservice
When communicating with a server via webservices, I need to view and set the timezone information for a simple object (it contains one DateTime and one string). Is there a way to force the DateTime part into a string on the client size, so I can examine the contents (custom serializer/deserializer?)? After about two days straight, I'm getting more familiar with XML and webservices. However most of the examples that seem close to what I'm trying to do are written with respect to files not webservices, or they involve modifications on the server side. I have several VS genera...

Item Movement Report Amendment
Dear all, My business partner and I have the following requirement: If we could have the Item Movement Report have the following additions: 1. Qty On Hand 2. Qty Committed 3. Qty Available (Ideally we would have a field that would total Qty Sold and Qty Committed as to us that is what we need to see from an order). 4. A filter for item.subdescription1 Any help would be 'greattttttly' appreciated. Ryan That's an easy one, just have to call that stuff in the report template and save it as a memorized one, for example: add this to SELECT Statement: Item.QuantityCommittedA...

web site help
asked for help on this page http://www.newbid.net/index.asp someone suggested c pearson.com......hasn't responded...any other suggestions? Sorry wrong link...... should be http://www.newbid.net/newbid_calculator.asp someone tried in asp and didn't get very far http://www.drum-world.com/other/default.asp "Lou" <l.bertone@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5J6Hb.144335$8y1.430378@attbi_s52... > asked for help on this page > http://www.newbid.net/index.asp > > someone suggested c pearson.com......hasn't responded...any other > suggestions? > L...

How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source
How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source? In Access 2003. Hi All, Add more than one tables or queries to report record source. Thanks. "TP88" wrote: > How to add more that one tables or queries to report record source? In Access > 2003. Create a new query in design view. Add as many tables and/or queries as is appropriate. Join them on their common fields. Select fields from them to display in the output. Save the query. Run it to make sure it retrieves the data you want. Create a report and point it to the new query ...

Help
Hi all, I'm hoping I can get some assistance on an issue that came up recently. I'm running Exchange 2000 (post SP3 roll-up) on Windows 2000 (SP3 + security updates). We had been running Veritas BackupExec 8.6 on a remote server with the Exchange agent installed and backups were proceeding fine. I recently upgraded to 9.0 in preparation for a 2003 upgrade in the coming months and that is when I think these problems started. I have 2 storage groups ... 1 with managers' mailboxes and the other with the bulk of user mailboxes and the PF's. After my first full backup with the n...

Need to re-install DPM2007
A few weeks ago, someone made a change to our AD policies but nobody is owning up to what was changed. This broke reporting services on the DPM server. Now I am unable to configure reporting services and am presented with a cannot connect to DPM database when I try. Everything else looks like its working ok but there are loads of events in the reporting log file suggesting that the account stored in the report server isnt the same as the one being used or something like that. I'm not a SQL expert so have no idea what it's trying to do so I was wondering if I should re-ins...