HELP - Monthly Income & Expenses Report

I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated
"Taxes : Federal Income Tax".  Yet in the Income/Expense report, this
payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month.  I
should note that the check was written from an Investment Account.  If I
write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in
the Income/Expense report.

Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay
the tax from?

0
tom_01271 (3)
3/27/2008 7:29:08 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote:

>I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated
>"Taxes : Federal Income Tax".  Yet in the Income/Expense report, this
>payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month.  I
>should note that the check was written from an Investment Account.  If I
>write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in
>the Income/Expense report.
>
>Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay
>the tax from?

Try Customize->Reset on that report. If that does not do it, add the
cash account of the broker account to the report manually.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

I NEED AN EXCEL FORMULA
I HAVE A COLUMN OF DATES AND I NEED TO SORT BY THE MOST CURRENT DATE AS IT IS UPDATED, WHAT IS THAT FORMULA? As long as they are in true date format, select the data and do Data / Sort / Descending. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Seasons Greetings and Very Best wishes to all :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "LITTLE1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Help looking up values!!
Hi all, Hopefully I can explain this well enough to get some help. I have a dataset of whale dive data that contains four columns. The first column is time of day, the second is depth, and the third and fourth are latitutiude and longitude. I am trying to look up the time of day when a certain depth is first reached and when it is last reached. Essentially I want to determine when a whale has reached it's maximum dive depth and when it begins to surface. Is this making sense? Here is an example (lat and long are no important, so I've left them out) assuming I want: 12:01 20 12:...

Report Graphs
Just Wondering if some would Help me out on how about i go Creating a Graph Report, Which Shows The Date Searched Between. I Have Created a Graph Report, On a User, On How Much They Have Priced On Tenders Between a Certain Date. The Report Is Based On a Query Which is Based of the Project Table, and in the submitted Date Field on the Table i Have The Criteria >=[Forms]![Submitted_Date_Dialog_Graph]![Start] And <=[Forms]![Submitted_Date_Dialog_Graph]![End] So When Some Types In The Dates Is Show all Records As a Graph, The Graph have the Two Following Fields [Estimator] and [Tende...

Exporting a report to Excel 11-13-07
We use Access's built-in function for exporting reports to Excel quite a bit and have been very happy with it. However, there are a couple reports that we'd like to export to Excel and have more control over the formatting of the produced spreadsheet. Can anyone make any suggestions as to what the best way would be to do this? (Our client is using Access 2000 and Excel 2000.) Thanks in advance. James You would use the Excel COM Object model. Check out my post here (near the bottom). http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=89&Number=1536883&Zf=&a...

Column Sizing Issue In Reports
For some unknown reason all my reports are playing up, when i open any report now, the report is to scale either to fit or 100% But the actually Data is zoomed to like 500%, on some reports its showing it on a A4 Portrait when the report is set to A4 Land Scape. I've tried zooming in out the report and the actually report gets smaller or bigger, not the detail, i believe its something to do with the Column sizing options in the page setup. or access is deciding to reset the margins, and regardless of me saving the changes, there not staying. at moment i have to open the report, go to ...

Help!!! All Products Frozen on Startup
I have just installed the latest service pack located by the AutoUpdate utility. Now, I can't open any of the Office products - they all freeze during startup. They freeze on the splash screen when Configuring Office Components... VisualBasic for Applications is displayed. Please help me!! I can't do anything!! None of my documents are accessible and I am dead in the water. I am running Office:Mac 2004 Student and Teacher Edition on a Macintosh G4 running OS X 10.4.3. If I need to reinstall from CD, will it take another of my product keys to do it or can I use the one that I pre...

Help with query searching within a string
I want to enter data character by character into a combo box and search the field for matching records. Ex: if I type in "a" any records containing the letter a anywhwere in the string. If I then type "h" the list will be reduced to any records containing "ah" within the string. etc etc. I assume this will go in the criteria box under the field I am searching. Is this possible? Thanks Brad Brad "within the string" is different than "starts with". A combobox can use the AutoComplete property to help you find a row that "starts...

set field data as control source of another field in a report
In a table I have fields as [a], [b] .... and so on. for each record I have a special calculation, say [a]+[b] for a recored; [a]*[b]*[d] for another recored, and so on. I would like to use these calculation formulas which I have saved in a field of the same record as a calculation (as a data in a seperate field) in a report Have I misunderstood this. When you say that you have a special calculation for each record in your table, do you mean that you have typed the text a + b + c in your table? If yes, may I suggest that you do this in a query grid so that the query shows the result of you...

Need help change a particular word in an XML doc
Hello, I have an XML doc and I am trying to write a utility thath will allow me to change a particular word with my "title" section of theXML doc. I would like to look for a "word" in the title and then change only that "word" to something else. Below in XML file I would want to change "Issue" to "Concern". This is one snip of the XML file there may be many more instances of the word "Issue" that I would want to change. I know how to walk through the file and find the whole instance of a string, ie Add/Raise Issue and then repla...

Bug report for VBA on Office 2004 for Mac
As I don't want to use MS Passport, I hope that this will suffice as a bug report for Office 2004 for the Mac. I hope that someone will pass this along to the proper person. Anyway, if you have even one Cyrillic character (or probably one from any other non-Mac Roman script) in your hard drive volume name, VBA will not launch from within Word. I haven't tested the same from within Excel or other apps, or launching VBA by itself. This applies to the creation and recording of macros as well as the Visual Basic Editor itself. Here's hoping that someone reports this and that MS fi...

can't sum figures in a report ...help please
I have a text box that uses an if statement to determine whether someone is absent in my class or not. I name the text box inattendance. I have a text box called points that assigns points to absent students depending on which class they are currently enrolled in. I want to sum the total points for each student. I do a simple =sum([points]) and when I run the report I get a box that just says points indicating that it doesn't have a definition for points. I used the name property of the text box and called it points. any suggestions on alernate methods or on what I am do...

Unable to Recieve Incoming Emails with Outlook Connector
I'm using the Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007, I'm able to successfully send outgoing emails from the two different accounts, however I'm not able to see any of the incoming messages. I checked my hotmail.com account directly and there are messages in there, they just aren't downloading. "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:%232iPGgVaKHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm using the Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007, I'm able to successfully > send outgoing emails from the two different accounts, however ...

Investment Transaction Report
Dear NG: Money 2004 Deluxe In the Investment Transaction Reports there doesn't seem to be any way of including a column for accrued interest on bonds bought and sold. Is there any work around? I've thought of exporting the report to Excel and adding a column for accrued interest but I would like to perform this in Money, if it's a all possible. Thanks for any assistance. Kevin ...

Saving reports to other formats
Can I save the print version of a report as a tab-delimited file? Can I save the print version of a report as a .csv file that can be opened by EXCEL? DogmaDot wrote: >Can I save the print version of a report as a tab-delimited file? > >Can I save the print version of a report as a .csv file that can be opened >by EXCEL? No, delimited files have no way to ecpress the formatting in a report. Besides, reports a graphic images that don't make much sense in any kind of text file. But, you can export the data from a query. If your report uses a table/query...

Help with hlookup formula
I haven't worked with Excel much, but I'm guessing what I want to do is possible. I have two sheets in a workbook. One lists about 100 serial numbers. The other lists about 5000 serial numbers with additional information on each. So what I want to do is filter and see only the matches between the two sheets. It looks like you might be able to do it with hlookup, but I can't figure out the syntax. Is this possible? Thanks so much. VLOOKUP would probably be more suitable. Assuming your sheet with the 5000 serial numbers is called Master and has data starting in row 2 with a h...

access calculation HELP!
when i create a query report i want to divide everyone salary by 24 how would i do that? Where do i go? What do I click? Salary is entered into a table named employeetable anyone please help! Create a query that contains all of the fields in your table. In the field that contains the salary, add /24 after the name of the field. That will create a calculated field that will be named Expr1 in the resultant recordset. Since Expr1 can be confusing, you might want to rename the field by putting a name followed by a colon (like Salary24:) in front of the expression you created. -- Doug Steel...

help #11
I have the following VBA working on my excel spreadsheet which works fine. However what I would like to do is download my daily excel sheet in relation to cheques cashed by the bank and just add that worksheet to my workbook. What happens then is it just searches the first worksheet and not the second or third one. So presently I have to copy and paste the info on to the first sheet in order for the VBA to work, Does anyone have any suggestions. Sub FindItAll() Dim oSheet As Object Dim Firstcell As Range Dim NextCell As Range Dim WhatToFind As Variant WhatToFind = Ap...

Help
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to exmerge user's mailboxes across domains, and if so what do I have to do to achieve it. Thanks, Adam Yes. Just use the twp-step method. Exmerge the data to .pst files, then Exmerge the data from the .pst files to the destination server. Be sure you use the correct version of Exmerge. Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003 all use different versions. Note: It is best you get the version for Exchange 2000 from the Service Pack. -- Steven D. Parent MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for ...

Help using the LARGE function "WITHOUT" using an array
Can someone show me how to accomplish the following by using the LARGE function "WITHOUT" using an array ? I'm trying to rank each product (most, second most, etc.) by weight. Data worksheet A B C 1 Product Type Pounds 2 Orange Fruit 600 3 Tomato Vegetable 500 4 Apple Fruit 700 5 Potato Vegetable 1,000 Using the LARGE function, the goal is to get the following result on another worksheet: Order worksheet A B C 1 Product 1 2 2 Fruit Apple Orange 3 Vegetable Potato Tomato On the Order workshee...

Delivery Reports not sent
Right so here's the problem. I am getting a mail from outside my org who requests a "Delivery" and "Read" receipt. When I open the email I get the request to send a "Read" receipt so I presume the delivery receipt was sent. After a couple of emails there and back we discovered that the "Delivery" receipts does not go trough or get delivered at all. Now I know there might be a few ways to look at this but what I need to say is that I have checked my Exchange Box Internet Message Formats and it is allowing to send all of the requests. It can be...

SumIf help please
I want to sum column values if the adjacent cell has the word "Written" in it. Any help? I am sure excel can do this. Thanks In Advance, ~ck Hi Try =SUMIF(A:A,"Written",B:B) -- Regards Roger Govier "CK" <c_kettenbach@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tfRgi.7937$bP5.2660@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net... >I want to sum column values if the adjacent cell has the word "Written" >in it. Any help? I am sure excel can do this. > > Thanks In Advance, > ~ck > With these values in A1:B3 1 written 10 verbal 100 written This ...

Microsoft Access Report into Excel Spreadsheet
I do a report that uses an Access report that is downloaded into Excel for presentation. The report is essentially a list of warranty claims, containing individual claim information including open and close dates. A problem was pointed out to me in the Excel report, though- the open and close dates are all listed as 2005 dates, which is incorrect since most of the claims were opened in 2004. Excel is systematically stating these dates as the same month in 2005, for example 10/2005 instead of 10/2004. The query that the Access report uses is pulling correct data, and the report in Ac...

Newbie needs help
I'm trying to take an amount in a cell, give a date (3 november) and todays date, and divide the days between now and 3 november by the amount in the cell. Nov 3- 24 oct = 10 cell = 28 28/10 = 2.8 I've tried using the Today() and Now () function but I can't figgure it out. If I set cell a10 to Today() and a11 to 3-Nov then set a12=a11-a10 I get 10 Jan! What am I doing wrong here? Ken kg0wx at comcast dot net "Ken Bessler" <kg0wx@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:jfqdnZDg_ex9qgSiRVn-ug@comcast.com... > I'm trying to take an amount in a cell, g...

auto-sizing embedded sub-reports.
I have a report that my office wants to have an emedded subreport attached. I have gone through my books and through the online help. They both state to adjust the column layout (That is grayed out on my MS Access) and to adjust the subreport control to say "to Fit" I can not locate that field anywhere. I have turned the "Can Grow" and "Can Shrink" fields on and off in different patterns and that does not work either. Is there a way to make the sub-report grow and shrink with the incoming and outgoing of records. ...

help on drawing
I am new on graphic develop. I am trying to draw a retangle but it turn out only a line. I don't know why. I am wondering whether i need to set some variables before i use CDC class in drawing. Anybody can help? Thanks. void CtestView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CtestDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT_VALID(pDoc); // TODO: add draw code for native data here CPen * pen = new CPen(PS_SOLID, 1, RGB(255, 0, 0)); pDC->SelectObject(pen); CPoint point[4]; point[0] = (10, 10); point[1] = (10, 40); point[2] = (40, 40); point[3] = (40, 10); pDC->Polygon(point, 4); } -- maggie zhang h...