Help: Money Transfer Transaction Dates

I was using Money 2001 and recently upgraded to Money 2004.

One the issues i've had with both Money and prior versions of Quicken is the
inability to accurately record the dates for money transfers from one
account to another (especially from a Checking account to a Credit Card)
where the posting dates are different.

For example...  If i transfer x dollars from my checking account to pay off
my MasterCard...  my bank statement shows the transaction occuring on 01 OCT
2003 whereas my credit card statement shows the transaction occuring on 30
SEP 2003.

When entering the transfer / payment via Money... i am only able to specify
one date for the transaction to appear in both accounts.  In this case... i
can either pick the transaction date for both my checking account to be
either 01 OCT or 30 SEP... but cannot specify that the transaction occured
on the checking account on 01 OCT and on the credit card on 30 SEP.  After
making the transaction, going to the other account to "fix" the date changes
the date in the orignal account (and vice versa).

Is there anyway to fix this?  (without making 2 independant separate
transaction...  the problem with that is... I cannot assign an appropriate
category in the checking account to indicate that it's a credit card
payment... it ends up messing up my spending reports).

Intuit claims that they now are able to accurately handle such transactions
in the current version of Quicken.  Can any one corroborate this?  I would
like to avoid switching back to Quicken again... although i'm sure Quicken
is a fine program... i've already gotten used to and like Money.

Thanks.
Santosh Kumar

0
nospam7515 (2084)
1/9/2004 12:12:31 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Santosh Kumar wrote:

>I was using Money 2001 and recently upgraded to Money 2004.
>
>One the issues i've had with both Money and prior versions of Quicken is the
>inability to accurately record the dates for money transfers from one
>account to another (especially from a Checking account to a Credit Card)
>where the posting dates are different.
>
>For example...  If i transfer x dollars from my checking account to pay off
>my MasterCard...  my bank statement shows the transaction occuring on 01 OCT
>2003 whereas my credit card statement shows the transaction occuring on 30
>SEP 2003.
>
>When entering the transfer / payment via Money... i am only able to specify
>one date for the transaction to appear in both accounts.  In this case... i
>can either pick the transaction date for both my checking account to be
>either 01 OCT or 30 SEP... but cannot specify that the transaction occured
>on the checking account on 01 OCT and on the credit card on 30 SEP.  After
>making the transaction, going to the other account to "fix" the date changes
>the date in the orignal account (and vice versa).
>
>Is there anyway to fix this?

Yes

> (without making 2 independant separate
>transaction...

No. But consider this: create an account called "In Transit" or
whatever name you like. Make the credit card payment a transfer from
the checking account to "In Transit", and make the payment a
transfer from "In Transit" to the credit card amount.

> the problem with that is... I cannot assign an appropriate
>category in the checking account to indicate that it's a credit card
>payment... it ends up messing up my spending reports).

The method I described will not mess up your spending reports. Just
make sure "In Transit" is included in the budget if you use a
budget. The "In Transit" account should usually contain $0.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Can I automatically enter the current date or current time into a
Hello everyone and thanks again to the kind people who, for some reason, take the time to help me through this website. As indicated in my subject line, it seems to me that there should be an easy way to do this. Thank you- Ben Hi Ben Your subject line was truncated. I am assuming you wanted date? =today() will give you the current date. HTH "Ben" wrote: > Hello everyone and thanks again to the kind people who, for some reason, take > the time to help me through this website. > As indicated in my subject line, it seems to me that there should be an easy > way to do...

Can Excel automaticly help me
I have following problem. I have created my own worksheet. I use it for controlling work progress and deadlines on different projects. My question is: can i program Excel to automaticly give me a notice when the date for an deadline approces. Kim, There is more than 1 way but a solution most favoured is to change the colour of a cell using conditional formating as the date in that cell approaches. Try this:- Select the cell with your due date in (A1 in this case) and then Format|Conditional format Select formula is and paste this in =TODAY()-A1<=5 Select a colour (say red) and cli...

from "date" to "text"
Hi there, I have cells formatted as date (e.g. 11/9/03) and I'd like to change the format to text. But when I do it, the values change as well (e.g. "36472"). What can I do to avoid this? Thanks You can't. Dates, to Excel, are the number of days since Jan 1, 1900. That's the what you are seeing when you try to change the format to text. You need to tell us why you want it as text. You have lots of other choices of formats available. If you absolutely have to have text, you will need to create a helper cell, and use a formula like: =text(a1,"m/d...

Microsoft outlook 2003 and winfax help
Hi, I am trying to set up my outlook so that I can send and email and fax in one operation. I dont know how to send a winfax fax through outlook for that matter. I have tried all these steps listed and still need help/ Can someone tell me how to set faxing up using winfax through outlook 2003. I want it so that I could have a group of people that i could send a fax to and also have an email sent to them. (meaning the same people will receive a fax and email) Please help Thanks Zach These are 2 completely diff operations. You send email through your ISP servers. You send faxes throu...

Date format Workbooks Open
I have an application which saves the output to .xls format. If I open the file from Excel, I get the Text Import Wizard. There is a date/time column in format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm However, If I use Application.Workbooks.Open to open the file, the date/time column is in format dd/mm/yy hh:mm ie the yyyy is shortened to 2 digits. Manually clicking into a cell and pressing enter updates the cell, as does Text to Columns. I have recorded some code to use Data>Text to Columns, but running the code does nothing. If the dates are in column L, the code is as follows: ...

Help with a formula #3
Hello i am new her and hope you can help me with my problem: In column A i have the following value's 0, 1 and -1. Now i want in column B: we leave the 0 out, if A=-1 than column should give 1, if the next one is again -1 than B should be 2 onl after A is 1 than B should be 0 and start over again. See example below, i want to see how long a -1 streak is before an 1 i coming. A B -1 1 0 0 -1 2 0 0 1 0 0 -1 1 0 1 0 0 -1 1 0 0 -1 2 0 -1 3 0 0 1 0 Thanks, greetings Richar -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Richard one way: Enter the following in B1 as array formul...

Date formula for footer/header
I'm pretty new to excel. My question is, is there a way to have the date in the header/footer roll back one day? And if it is a Monday, can it roll back to Friday? If I use a cell for the date it throws the entire format for a loop and I end up having an entire row with just 1 thing in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the code Private Sub Workbook_BeforePri...

Help! Selecting data according to date range
I'm attempting to setup a worksheet for reminding employees to rene their licenses. I have input the data where the data range is from ro 3 - 84 (this could increase or decrease with hiring/firing, etc.). Th columns range from A - K with column H being *date*. I would like to start a new sheet (sheet2) in this workbook with th range of months in a year. In each monthly section it would search th data range in sheet 1 and return the records with the correspondin dates for that month. For example: If a employee's license expires i January, the entire record for that employee would...

Money 97 on Microsoft XP #2
Bob, thanks for answer. I=B4m located in Madrid, Spain. How could I buy Money 2006? Microsoft Europe adviced that is only available on USA. And in any case, after bought and downloaded M2006: It will be possible to import my files created with Money 97? regards , Joe. I can only think of Amazon.com or eBay. However it is virtually impossible to get a file created by a non-US version into a US one. There are some very tedious steps to export and import but you lose so much information it really isn't worth it. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/28.aspx and importantly the Notes at...

Suddenly can't access my Money file
Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, etc.). Any clues why this might be? Problem was concurrent with my installing Bit Defender antivirus program, which slowed down machine considerably (more memory on order...). Thanks in advance. <carolannedwyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2b16d09b-9ff7-42b0-b6c3-b87e28080c95@l37g2000vba.googlegroups.com... > Suddenly, my Money file won't open. Tells me my password is wrong, but > I know it isn't (tried all the usual checks re case, e...

Counting Date Changes
I'm using this formula to calculate schedule changes by workday. In this example, the difference between the original date of 8/18 and the latest move date of 9/10 is 17 workdays. What I now need to do is NOT populate Col T until I have a date in Col R, but having difficulty adding this additional criterion. Can you assist? =IF(L7="","",NETWORKDAYS(L7,IF(COUNT(M7:P7),MAX(M7:P7),Q7))) Col L Orig 08/18/05 Col M Move1 08/22/05 Col N Move2 08/30/05 Col O Move3 09/10/05 Col P Move4 Col Q Target 08/18/05 Col R A...

dates of time items on invoice
i am switching from quickbooks to money 2005 small business 1) is there a way to include the date on the time item line item? my clients need to know what date the service that is described on the invoice was provided. the date is in the file, how can i print it on the invoice? 2) is there a way to record which employee provided the service? 3) i need to email the invoice to my clients. is there a way to send the invoice with a little bit of formatting? or dies it have to be a txt file. in quickbooks (which i am switching from), i can send it as a pdf. what are my options in money? thanks...

Concatenate 2 columns date & time
Hi, I am working with Excel 2003 and have a ws that I need to combine column B which is a date, with column C which contains the time. No matter how I have formatted column D, I cannot get the date to display correctly. What I have is: B C 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I need column D to show as: 05/01/2010 10:55 24/12/2009 09:35 I have tried several different formulas/formatting in Column D but always end u...

Help!! My ICS/Firewall files are missing.. PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I recently had a virus attack and cleaned everything off.. I have Avast virus software. I noticed that when i restarted my computer that my firewall was turned off.. So i went into the settings and tried to turn it back on but instead i got this message: "Windows Could not open the Firewall/ICs settings beause the associated service is not running". I clicked start on the serivces pane and i got another message saying "error 2 file not found". Now could this of happened when Avast deleted the infected files?? if so how can i get it back?? Please respond ASAP...

New Access User Help
I have been using Excel to create reports for over a year now, and my information and reporting is getting too big. I am going to start to need to use Access. I have never used it before. So I am litterarly starting from scratch. Does anyone have any websites that has some good training for someone who does not know much about Access and can walk someone through how it works and creating reports. I am also hoping that I can import some of my excel work over to access. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. There are lots of great online ressources! Take ...

Help with creating a unique set of numbers..
Hello I would like a solution regard to excel formulas / VBA scripting. The purpose is to assist in generatating unique PIN numbers for users on our phone system.. The numbers generated need to be a number between 1000 & 9999... The basic formula I have used (=3DRANDBETWEEN(1000,9999)) does it intitally, but if the formula gets extended or a row gets deleted the numbers are regenerated.... The numbers need to remain how they are at the initial time of running the formula.. Any ideas? =96 I guess there needs to be some fault tolerances involved, but for the life of me I would know wha...

Using countif with a range of dates
Column Z contains multiple dates ranging over 10 years. I am trying to count the number of cells in Column A that are between two dates (e.g., 01/01/07 - 01/31/07.) I tried using =SUM((COUNTIF(Sheet2!Z:Z,"<01/31/07"))-(COUNTIF(Sheet2!Z:Z,">01/01/07"))) however, the count if not correct. The result is 3,172 via the above formula which is wrong. Using a filter, I know the correct result is 56, but I cannot correct my formula to reflect. Many Thanks! =COUNTIF(Sheet2!Z:Z,"<="&01/31/07)-COUNTIF(Sheet2!Z:Z,"<"&01/01/07) -- W...

Statistics
Hi, I have some difficulties in producing statistics reports. i.e. I have a column named Countries with a list of countries which occur more than once. I would like to get a stat report about the percentage of each country within the whole list. Or, I would like to get a stat report regarding how two different columns affect the third one. I would like to add that each column is filled with character data and not numeric one. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. -- Eligator ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Eligator's Profile: http://www.ex...

Help files with Visual Studio 7?
Can someone help. It's been a little while since I did some programming. Since then I upgraded my Windows XP to SP2. This is the only difference I can imagine since the last time of using VS7. On my reinstall of Visual Studio, I don't get any thing when trying to bring up the help files and samples. Every thing returns "No Links are available for the current selection". Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input. -- L. James ------------- L. D. James ljames@apollo3.com...

Help Qutlook 2002 and imbedded pictures missing?
I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the same message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? JDS I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the same message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? JDS I receive email with photos in the body of the email but when I forward the message, the recipients do not get the pictures and when I look at sent mail - they aren't there either? I receive ema...

how do I sort tasks by date due
how do I sort tasks by date due with today's tasks first and those with "none" (ie no date due) last? If the number of people asking this makes any difference as to if and when they get answered, I would like to add that I would like to know this as well. Aussiegerryem - I hope we get an answer! -- Juan Antonio Microsoft Office Enthusiast Microsoft Outlook Homie "Aussiegerryem" wrote: > how do I sort tasks by date due with today's tasks first and those with > "none" (ie no date due) last? On 3/1/2010 8:06 PM, juanantoniod wr...

Can't upgrade from Money 99 to Money 2006
I can't get Money 2006 Deluxe to read Money 99. Complains the file is corrupt, try to repair and it claims there is a database error... I tried microsoft's lame workaround ( Export 15 years of financial data (30+ accounts) one at a time from 99 and import them into 2006. Of course you can't export loan's, so the accounts with loan payments do'nt improt correctly... Any idea's Steve My idea is this: see if you can find an intermediate version, say M02, and see if it can upgrade your file. Then try to upgrade it to M06. Most users are able to upgrade data f...

OWA Help
Have a single Exchange server (Win2K, SP4 with Exch 2003 Sp2) in a single domain behind a firewall (Win2K,Sp4 with ISA 2000, SP2). The updates are recent. After the Updates to the Operating Systems and before the updates to ISA, OWA displayed to users "Page cannot be displayed". I've research KB articles and set the advised Web/Exchange Directory permissions. Am I missing something? I've got a nagging feeling that I'm missing something incredibly simple. Thanks in advance Jim ...

Sorting by Date in Pivot Tables
I have a worksheet I would like to make a pivot table from. My problem is that when I do it, the months and years don't appear in calendar order but rather alphabetical order (i.e., April comes first, January is further down). How can I format this to have the pivot table show January of 2002, rest of 2002 and then start January 2003? Julia, If you entered the dates as string values, then Excel will sort them as strings. If you enter the dates as dates, then Excel will sort by date. Format the cell with January 2002 as Number. If it stays January 2002, then your 'dates' are ac...

summing formula help
I have a column that could produce 1 row of data or 35 rows of data. How can i consistently sum two fields below last cell with data and have everything included. thanks Can you provide a sample of your data and expected results? In article <4606BA0E-1138-4F87-BB4C-0F442DC03BC9@microsoft.com>, "jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column that could produce 1 row of data or 35 rows of data. How can > i consistently sum two fields below last cell with data and have everything > included. > > thanks Sheet 1 ...