Help - Money 2005 - ALWAYS OFFLINE

Help,

Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden none of my online services
were working. it gets stuck in the "update in progress' status, and always
says there is an error.

I've tried reinstalling, money, i've tried restoring from backup, i've also
tried disabling online services and reenabling them.

The consistent message that I keep getting is

"To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then
sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is
cleared. "

However, I'm not offline, the box isn't checked, and I sign in with my
passport. It only started occuring with this money file, another money file
works fine.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Rico Singleton wrote:

>Help,
>
>Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden none of my online services
>were working. it gets stuck in the "update in progress' status, and always
>says there is an error.

Are you referring to "update in progress" in the "To Review" column
on your Account List?

>I've tried reinstalling, money, i've tried restoring from backup, i've also
>tried disabling online services and reenabling them.

Is your version from Help->About 14.0.*.1105? If not, there will be
some further things to try.

>The consistent message that I keep getting is
>
>"To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then
>sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is
>cleared. "
>
>However, I'm not offline, the box isn't checked, and I sign in with my
>passport. It only started occuring with this money file, another money file
>works fine.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/1/2005 4:58:42 PM
Yes it's in the "To Review" column, however when I go to messages screen it
says, an error as occured.

The version is 14.0.125.1105

And also when i go to customize updates i see a read explanation that says
"You are working offline. You can customize your scheduled updates, but to
receive scheduled updates, you must be online and signed in to a .NET
passport".

But I am signed in....

> In microsoft.public.money, Rico Singleton wrote:
>
>>Help,
>>
>>Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden none of my online
>>services
>>were working. it gets stuck in the "update in progress' status, and always
>>says there is an error.
>
> Are you referring to "update in progress" in the "To Review" column
> on your Account List?
>

>>I've tried reinstalling, money, i've tried restoring from backup, i've
>>also
>>tried disabling online services and reenabling them.
>
> Is your version from Help->About 14.0.*.1105? If not, there will be
> some further things to try.
>

>>The consistent message that I keep getting is
>>
>>"To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then
>>sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is
>>cleared. "
>>
>>However, I'm not offline, the box isn't checked, and I sign in with my
>>passport. It only started occuring with this money file, another money
>>file
>>works fine.

I might have narrowed down the problem. It might have to do with sharing.

I just created a separate money file for my girlfriend, then i went into
settings to enable sharing from her account and put my address to share
with. I did it about 10 times because it kept giving me an error that it
couldn't be completed, even after I got the message that this account was
currently being used with another account, by continuing it will be
disabled. I said ok, b/c i didn't need to see mine on the web. But it didn't
work.

That is when the problems started occuring. When i created a new money file
to try to restore from backup, it pulled my money data from MSN and it had
all of her accounts shown, and mine. I went back into my old money file and
tried to disable msn sync, but the box is greyed out that says remove
information from msn, it wouldn't let me remove it. Said I needed to be
signed into make changes.

So this issue with money not recognizing that I'm signed in is messing up
everything. obviously i'm signed in if I can open the money file.

I've disabled MSN sync and sharing from my girlfriend money file where this
all started, but that didn't work.

"Rico Singleton" <mastermind2@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Yes it's in the "To Review" column, however when I go to messages screen
> it says, an error as occured.
>
> The version is 14.0.125.1105
>
> And also when i go to customize updates i see a read explanation that says
> "You are working offline. You can customize your scheduled updates, but to
> receive scheduled updates, you must be online and signed in to a .NET
> passport".
>
> But I am signed in....
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Rico Singleton wrote:
>>
>>>Help,
>>>
>>>Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden none of my online
>>>services
>>>were working. it gets stuck in the "update in progress' status, and
>>>always
>>>says there is an error.
>>
>> Are you referring to "update in progress" in the "To Review" column
>> on your Account List?
>>

>>>I've tried reinstalling, money, i've tried restoring from backup, i've
>>>also
>>>tried disabling online services and reenabling them.
>>
>> Is your version from Help->About 14.0.*.1105? If not, there will be
>> some further things to try.
>>

>>>The consistent message that I keep getting is
>>>
>>>"To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and
>>>then
>>>sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is
>>>cleared. "
>>>
>>>However, I'm not offline, the box isn't checked, and I sign in with my
>>>passport. It only started occuring with this money file, another money
>>>file
>>>works fine.

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

Money 2005 #50
Trying to restore my date from old xp computer to new vista computer. Loaded program ok, set the path to new location, am logged on with admin rights, when i try o restore says cannot open file. Have not had this on other computers? Need ideas? Thx how did you transfer your *.mny file? If you used a CD or DVD your file becomes read only. You have to manually go into to Windows Explorer and change it back to read/write. -- Peace, BobJ "meg85" <meg85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA84068-4797-4B43-B215-750D689F8F35@microsoft.com... > Trying to re...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

Money Central Portfolio #2

Offline Database Sync #3
Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online database on the server? We have a register that travels to several weekend shows. We use the offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it returns to the store. Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card transactions. In order to accomplish that we do the following. We sync the offline database before the show. Then modify the SO Admin to point the primary database to the offline databas...

help with dynamic tables

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Help!
We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4 decimals. Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you Use the Change Decimal Places window to change the number of decimal places used for keeping quantity or currency amounts for items. You might need to complete this procedure if an item was set up improperly, or if you’re changing the units of measurement for an item. NOTE: If an item is on an unposted transaction, you can’t change its decimal place settings. Ensure you have a complete ba...

Your thoughts on Money 2005?
After reading through the posts today, here are some of my thoughts on Money 2005 and how to resolve some of the issues. #1 MS should offer a 15 year anniversary edition of MS Money 98 that works on WinXP... #2 Undo all the extras. Give us a Basic Edition product that allows us to balance the checkbook, manually download our QIF/OFX files, do a budget and add a calendar to remind us of bills...that's it. Remove the bloat that really makes MS 2005 slower and buggy. #3 Allow a feature that will let us revert back to a former version. Sure, you tell us to backup our previous data, bu...

Please help a exchange newbie.. Message filtering
I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the "sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to receive alerts from, BUT when anyon...

Attach a SQL 2005 Express Database to SQL Server 2005
I am trying to attach a database from SQL Express 2005 to SQL Server 2005 and I am getting the error: Attach database failed for Server 'xxxxxx'. An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL Statement or batch. Could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 6, object ID 1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes. Could not open database 'xxxxxx.mdf'. Create DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 602) I am not sure how to Run DBCC CHECKTABLE. My project is halted until I get this resolved. Any help is appreciated. Am Thu, 15 Apr 2010 ...

Help me do this
Hi Everyone, I need some help. I want to use Windows Live mail without signing in or having a hotmail or live account. I use gmail and it works fine. I have exported all my contacts from my live.com email and imported all of my contacts so that is not the problem. I want to import my calendar from my live account. I can't find anyway to do this. If I stop signing in of course my calendar is gone. How can I export my live.com email calendar into windows live desktop client so I don't have to sign in anymore? Thx "T-Man" <a@anon.com> wrote in message...

Help?
Ok this is for all the formulae gurus out there. TIA I have a list in a particular column, lets say column A This is a list of dates I have another cell which uses data validation to reference this list. Say B1 In cell B1 the only acceptable entries are that which are in column A Can anyone supply me with a formula for my data validation which will only allow 8 entries. These 8 entries....appearing in the list in B1 will be 8 weeks in advance of the current date. I am currently using the following formula =OFFSET(O2,MATCH(YEAR(NOW()),YEAR(O2:O200),0)-1,,SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(O2:O200)=YE...

Need help installing Office 2007
I'm trying to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC. A short way through the installation I get this message: " Cannot Find Proofing.en-us”.... I've searched around: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=setup+cannot+find+proofing.en-us+proof.fr+proof.msi&meta=&aq=1&oq=setup+cannot+find+Proofing.en-us\Proof.fr but I can't get anything to work. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you. Gary What version of Office 2007. Did you have a Trial version already installed on your PC and did you remove it -- Peter ...

Help !

Money 2004 #96
Is there a way to create a new blank "Report" from scratch? My Money 2004 seems to want to create a new "report" by recalling an old report and customizing it? Thanks anyone!-- MartyJ In microsoft.public.money, MartyJ wrote: >Is there a way to create a new blank "Report" from scratch? My Money 2004 >seems to want to create a new "report" by recalling an old report and >customizing it? Thanks anyone!-- I would first select a report from the Reports list and Reset the report. Then Customize. Save that as a Favorite if you like. Does th...