help - cannot import anymore

Hello,

I imported some transactions and later deleted them.
Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have
to manually enter them.

Is there a way to tell money to import again?
Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions.

Thanks for the help.

Frank

0
farocco (73)
5/24/2004 1:33:43 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:

>I imported some transactions and later deleted them.
>Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have
>to manually enter them.
>
>Is there a way to tell money to import again?

Not short of disabling online access for that bank, and then
re-enabling online access to that bank. It is not that difficult.
You may want to keep an extra copy of your Money file in case you do
not like the result for some reason. And even then I am not certain
you will get those transactions downloaded again.

When Money does OFX downloads, it remembers . It tells the bank on
the next download that it already got transactions before a
particular date. In addition, it remembers which transactions it has
seen before by transaction ID.

>Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions.

If you are talking about a short period where you have not entered
too much other stuff,  restore a backup file that pre-dates your
deletion of the transactions in question. Then download again.

Otherwise, just enter the missing transactions by hand.

In the future you might want to consider to Void transactions rather
than Delete. That way you can get them back by un-Voiding later.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/24/2004 3:03:18 AM
ok, thanks

I try your suggestions

Regards,

Frank

> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>

> >I imported some transactions and later deleted them.
> >Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I
have
> >to manually enter them.
> >
> >Is there a way to tell money to import again?
>
> Not short of disabling online access for that bank, and then
> re-enabling online access to that bank. It is not that difficult.
> You may want to keep an extra copy of your Money file in case you do
> not like the result for some reason. And even then I am not certain
> you will get those transactions downloaded again.
>
> When Money does OFX downloads, it remembers . It tells the bank on
> the next download that it already got transactions before a
> particular date. In addition, it remembers which transactions it has
> seen before by transaction ID.
>
> >Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions.
>
> If you are talking about a short period where you have not entered
> too much other stuff,  restore a backup file that pre-dates your
> deletion of the transactions in question. Then download again.
>
> Otherwise, just enter the missing transactions by hand.
>
> In the future you might want to consider to Void transactions rather
> than Delete. That way you can get them back by un-Voiding later.

0
farocco (73)
5/25/2004 12:33:52 AM
I'm still having trouble. Money is not importing anymore.
I tried uninstall of Money, but that did not fix it.

Thanks

Frank

> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>

> >I imported some transactions and later deleted them.
> >Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I
have
> >to manually enter them.
> >
> >Is there a way to tell money to import again?
>
> Not short of disabling online access for that bank, and then
> re-enabling online access to that bank. It is not that difficult.
> You may want to keep an extra copy of your Money file in case you do
> not like the result for some reason. And even then I am not certain
> you will get those transactions downloaded again.
>
> When Money does OFX downloads, it remembers . It tells the bank on
> the next download that it already got transactions before a
> particular date. In addition, it remembers which transactions it has
> seen before by transaction ID.
>
> >Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions.
>
> If you are talking about a short period where you have not entered
> too much other stuff,  restore a backup file that pre-dates your
> deletion of the transactions in question. Then download again.
>
> Otherwise, just enter the missing transactions by hand.
>
> In the future you might want to consider to Void transactions rather
> than Delete. That way you can get them back by un-Voiding later.

0
farocco (73)
5/28/2004 11:18:16 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:

>I'm still having trouble. Money is not importing anymore.
>I tried uninstall of Money, but that did not fix it.

Then did you reinstall and set up your bank for online access?

There should have been transactions to downloaded that were later
than the ones you deleted, but you get no transactions?

When you click InternetUpdates, a Call Summary box eventually
appears. Click on "Click here". Does the summary messages screen say
"Your call was successful" for your bank?

>Thanks
>
>Frank
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote:
>>

>> >I imported some transactions and later deleted them.
>> >Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I
>have
>> >to manually enter them.
>> >
>> >Is there a way to tell money to import again?
>>
>> Not short of disabling online access for that bank, and then
>> re-enabling online access to that bank. It is not that difficult.
>> You may want to keep an extra copy of your Money file in case you do
>> not like the result for some reason. And even then I am not certain
>> you will get those transactions downloaded again.
>>
>> When Money does OFX downloads, it remembers . It tells the bank on
>> the next download that it already got transactions before a
>> particular date. In addition, it remembers which transactions it has
>> seen before by transaction ID.
>>
>> >Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions.
>>
>> If you are talking about a short period where you have not entered
>> too much other stuff,  restore a backup file that pre-dates your
>> deletion of the transactions in question. Then download again.
>>
>> Otherwise, just enter the missing transactions by hand.
>>
>> In the future you might want to consider to Void transactions rather
>> than Delete. That way you can get them back by un-Voiding later.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

help again #2
Looking for a formula where cell E1 will add cell A1 to the lowest total from cell b1 c1 or d1, then the same with the formula but this time with the highest value. Thanks again to all who reply. One way: E1: =A1+MIN(B1:D1) F1: =A1+MAX(B1:D1) In article <Ctkfj.980$EA5.564@pd7urf2no>, "Bob Bob" <NOeMAILl@mail.com> wrote: > Looking for a formula where cell E1 will add cell A1 to the lowest total > from cell b1 c1 or d1, then the same with the formula but this time with > the highest value. > Thanks again to all who reply. Thanks it did the j...

retrieving mail from another location on other computer. HELP
When i travel i don't always go with my own laptop. Can i access my outlook mail on the web ? If your mail provider makes it available on the web, yes. "Juliemrm" <Juliemrm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0191906-4B63-4020-AAC4-58041BD51703@microsoft.com... : When i travel i don't always go with my own laptop. Can i access my outlook : mail on the web ? Yes & No You wont be able to access the mail you have downloaded / sent within Outlook, unless its an imap account Otherwise see Tom's post "Juliemrm" <J...

Graph Help- 12 month graph, but only want months that have passed
I need help setting up a graph. It is a simple bar graph, that has the months of the year on the x axis, and production in tons on the y axis. I have a table setup for this Jan to Dec, but obviously only have data for Jan through May. Is there a way I can set up the graph so it will only make the graph Jan through May, but as I add more data, and months go by, it will automatically add a new column for June, then July and so on and so on? I do not want the months that have no data to be graphed with a value of zero, I would rather them show up automatically when that month has data....

Conditional import of data from other workbook or worksheet
Hey, What function would I want to use or how would a sample formula look like if I want to merge properties from two workbooks? ExcelFile1: full name and addresses ExcelFile2: full name and phone number Wanted result: ExcelFile1 with a new column containing the right phone number for each employee. Also, how do I reference the other file, or another sheet in the same workbook when building a formula? TIA BoB cell In excelfile1 C2, if names are in column A: =VLOOKUP(A2,[excelfile2.xls]Sheet1!$A$2:$B$4,2,FALSE) and fill down! Regards, Stefi „Bengt Bergholm” ezt írta: > He...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

Resource with exceptions days
I have three fulltime resource. (100%) On resource has one week off in his resourcecalendar. (exception days 8.-12.3.) A have a task fixed work task with 360h work. When I assign the resouce with the exception days at the end, all get 120h to work. But when I assign the ressouce with the exeption day first then I get a different result: 111,72 h for the first resource (with the exception days) 111,72 h for the second resource and 136,72 h.for the last resouce. Why get I the different result? ...

Help is needed with Conditional Formatting drudgery
I am trying desperately to reduce mouse clicks (and carpal tunnel syndrome risk!) with the following problem: I have 90 SETS of three price calculations, each trio equipped with its own drop down list which determines whether certain cells should be blacked out. The calculations are distributed among 30 tabs, an average of 3 sets of calculations per each tab. I have been copying the blank forms over the different tabs and I have been manually adjusting (a) the cell links for each drop down list and (b) all the conditional format formulas (I have been using the format painter to as m...

import favorites from explorer, add "web" to toolbar?
I lost my settings in Oulook 2003. I lost "favorites" from Explorer in my Outlook 2003 toolbar & "Web". Also all my e-mail inbox is colored with bright blue now? ...

Need Help on Ranking
I am looking for a formula to rank the position of a person based o tasks completed. Conditions: The total number of tasks is the same for all (18) More then one person can have the same amount of tasks done placin them in the same ranking. Ranking Must be in a linier progression without skipping ANY number (RANK 1,2,3,4,5 etc�) The end result will need to look something like this TOTAL TASKS: 18 NAME----TASKS DONE---------RANK John------------4--------------------3 Bill---------------2-------------------5 Karen-----------4-------------------3 Jim---------------3-------------------4 Sal...

problem importing data from Excel using Publisher Mail Merge
I am using Publisher Version 2002 and also Excel Version 2002. I have created a mailing list in Excel format consisting of 203 entries. However, when I attempt to access the mailing list using Mail Merge Feature of Publisher, after choosing the data source and seeing the listed names in the chart, while in Publisher, only 163 of the 203 names are shown. And, after doing the merge, only 163 name labels are printed. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing incorrectly? best, Aaron Not sure if it has to do with batch size or not. Read the article here, it might be what you are looking for...

Still need help
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. "Tim Williams" wrote: > Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Thanks Tim for answering, hoping you're still there. I tried it and i...

Could someone help a beginner to CComSafeArray?
Hi, I am writing a client program to enumerate the edges for a face. I want to use the CComSafeArray but I am not sure the following code has any potential error. Could someone kindly investigate it? CComSafeArray<VARIANT> edges; CComVariant v = face.GetEdges(); // return a variant of a safearray of IDispatch* edges.Attach(v.parray); v.parray = 0; // to avoid v's destructor to release the memory; let edges's desctuctor do it int nCount = edges.GetCount(); for (int i=0; i<nCount; i++) { IDispatch *p = *edges[i].ppdispVal; ... JD ...

HeLP!! #2
I need helping using Excel to make a process faster- maybe there' another way around this?!?! My father owns a Towing company, and h puts the abandoned/wrecked cars he tows in, into an excel file, as h tows them in. Well there is a lot of court paperwork involved i actually getting the vehicle to the point where we can auction it off Is there a way using excel to have it print out reports for each row i a table using each cell in a different place in the report? Withou using a program such as crystal reports -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depending on what your documen...

Need help printing a single 4x6 postcard in Pub 2007
I set up my printer with the custom size. Then I created a new document in Publisher with the sheet size and page size as 4x6 (6" width consistent in all set ups). When I create my document, the ruler shows 4x6, but when I go to print, it's set up on a 8.5 x 11 page. I also tried setting up a document with multiple pages to sheet using a 6" wide sheet 2 up, but the print preview shows printing in the middle of the page. I've looked at all the help and forum questions I can find, and haven't been able to solve this problem. Any suggestions? Thanks. Which vers...

help 04-08-10
I am so lost on this thing Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your mail service provider. Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to=20 set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email=20 address, we can help with that also. I see you posted with a live.com email address. Is that your real email address? Never post your real email address in a public place, unless you like to r...

Can't import from OE to O2K
I have read the Knowledge Base KB290860 - same subject but does not solve the problem. The message is "The mail folder could not be opened. If another app is using the folder, please close it and try again." Of courese, there is no other app using the folder. This is so frustrating because I can see all my old OE mail folders but can't get to them. I wonder what would happen if I installed OE again and them exported them out of OE (if you can do that)? Or, is there some other way to read these OE .dbx files? I appreciate any help anyone can give. Dan Instead of Import,...

Data Connection with Text Import Problem
Using Excel 2007, I've configured a data connection using a text file. In the text file's first column, there is a value of TRUE (a company's actual name). When the data connection imports the text file, Excel sees TRUE not as a text value, but as a binary value. The problem is when the first column is sorted in ascending order, TRUE gets put at the bottom of the column and is centered. Placing an apostrophe before TRUE in the text file doesn't work, nor does formatting the first column as text. What can I do to make TRUE be sorted as a text value ? - ...

Need Help with configuring 70 profiles
Hello Everybody, Our company decided to use Outlook XP rather than squeral webmail. I have 70 workstations with Windows XP and Office XP and every user is a local administrator for his machine. is there any login script that will allow me to configure outlook XP with Internet Mail without any user input. Any help or direction is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. Adam I believe the custom install wizard (part of the office resource kit) will allow you to make an outlook template (*.prf) that can add POP/SMTP accounts. You can then take this template and write some sort of scri...

Help with Excel sheets
Hello. I need help with developing a formula for data extraction: Spreadsheet #1 contains student data which my IT dept. imports into a student intake database. Prior to import, however, I would like to extract test score information from a second spreadsheet. The common identifiers between the two spreadsheets are "Last Name" and "First Name" to identify the students. The columns I want to extract and place at the end of each student's data from sheet #2 to sheet #1 are "Total", "Written" and "Reading". I know this ...

Importing data from a file into an Excel file
I would like any information on importing data from a Label making program into an Excel file. At work we use a from in Excel and I would like to import my info from my labels to this form. The export command on my label making program says I need to export to an ASCII text file. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sue, Once you have obtained you ASCII text file: from the menu (in excel) pick: File -> Open then change the Files of type: to Text Files ...

Exchange is driving me crazy please help.
I have just started working at a company last weeek appearently they have lot of issues with Exchange. We have lost our email and our clusters went down for two hours. After sometime we figured out the service accounts for exchange and cluster was locked out for some reason. After unlocking the accounts manually. Cluster and the exchange came back online. Now internal users are unable to email to internal users on the other servers. Example server A can not send email to server B. We have three exchange servers in our enviroment and they are clustered. They can send emails to the inter...

Help
I recently had to reinstall Windows (XP) to fix some corrupt files. Everything works fine now. I went to open Money this morning and immediately got a message telling me that it couldn't find the file MyMoney.mny. I located it (it was in it's normal place) and opened it but Money isn't finding any infomation in it (it's over 2mb) I do have a back up on a floppy but it's over 2 weeks old and would rather not attempt to use it. Can anyone tell me why I can't access the data in the MyMoney.mny file or it's associated disk backup? Thanks, I found a back up file in C...

Help and Support Services
Greetings, Here is the issue when clicking on a link in an event it opens Help and Support but it goes to a BING search page and then tells me "Were are sorry the requested page cannot be found". How can I reset the page to redirect to the correct Help and Support Page? =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgUm9iZXJ0c29u?= <JamesRobertson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4C3A040E-83DC-40AC-B83A-A632214C5D63@microsoft.com: > Greetings, Here is the issue when clicking on a link in an event it > opens Help and Support but it goes to a BING search page and then > tel...

I could really need your help on importing contacts into Outlook (Please?)
Hi all, I need to import literally 3000 contacts into Outlook. I need to do this for a survey I am conducting for my academic thesis (so, this is not a business problem, and I don't have much money to spend :-(. I am going to mail these companies and am going to send them a questionairre; therefore I need to have these records in Outlook. I want to do this via Excel (since importing it directly into Outlook is not possible due to the list format). Unfortunately, the list (in plain text) looks like the list on the bottom of my message (small example). (The list is Excel is in 2 column...

Help recovering MS Word DOCX files
I had three MS Word 2007 docx files on my hard drive. I deleted them and emptied the trash. I immediately used some File Recovery programs to try to recover them. The programs were unable to find them. That seems very strange to me. Is it possibly because they are docx files? This is a relatively new file type by Microsoft, right? I am using MS Word with Vista Home Premium. I should probably add that the programs cannot find files with the names of the files I deleted. Are the names changed when they are deleted and the Recycle Bin emptied? I have heard that files are not wiped c...