Help!!! Can't find backup

I always back up my Money acount to my thumb drive...

I screwed up and had to wipe clean and reload windows

I then reloaded money 04.

Now how do I restore from the backup???

Thank You for all help offered...

Jim
0
jba (3)
8/31/2006 4:48:40 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jba@jbaz.com wrote:

>I always back up my Money acount to my thumb drive...
>
>I screwed up and had to wipe clean and reload windows
>
>I then reloaded money 04.
>
>Now how do I restore from the backup???
>
>Thank You for all help offered...

Copy the *.mbf file from your flash drive to your MyDocuments
folder. You could then, from Windows Explorer, double-click that
*.mbf file. During the restore you will be asked if you should
choose the default location to restore to. Choose instead to Browse
to your MyDocuments folder and choose a name.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/31/2006 4:52:09 PM
O.K., that worked!!! You have no idea how much better I feel now,
having not been breathing hardly at all for the last 2 hours.. I
thought I had lost everything...

Now a different problem, when I try to back up the file at the end to
the thumb drive in E it doesn't back it up and,,, and,,, it is saving
the file on the desktop and not in My Documents..

What have I missed??

Thank You again for all help offered..

Jim Andrews Columbus/Phoenix

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:52:09 -0500, Cal Learner-- MVP
<via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, jba@jbaz.com wrote:
>
>>I always back up my Money acount to my thumb drive...
>>
>>I screwed up and had to wipe clean and reload windows
>>
>>I then reloaded money 04.
>>
>>Now how do I restore from the backup???
>>
>>Thank You for all help offered...
>
>Copy the *.mbf file from your flash drive to your MyDocuments
>folder. You could then, from Windows Explorer, double-click that
>*.mbf file. During the restore you will be asked if you should
>choose the default location to restore to. Choose instead to Browse
>to your MyDocuments folder and choose a name.
0
jba (3)
8/31/2006 6:04:27 PM
In microsoft.public.money, jba@jbaz.com wrote:

>O.K., that worked!!! You have no idea how much better I feel now,
>having not been breathing hardly at all for the last 2 hours.. I
>thought I had lost everything...

Cool. You should consider additional backups. While flash drives are
probably the most reliable common storage, they could fail, or you
could inadvertently overwrite a good backup. You might want to burn
a copy to CD once per month, and put a CD in off-site storage every
several months if you want to do disaster planning.

>Now a different problem, when I try to back up the file at the end to
>the thumb drive in E it doesn't back it up and,,, and,,, it is saving
>the file on the desktop and not in My Documents..
>
>What have I missed??

Make sure the flash drive is plugged in. If this is
manually-triggered in Money 2004, File->Backup and choose
BackUpToFloppy.

If this is the scheduled one, in Tools->Options->Backup you want the
"floppy" choice to point to the flash drive.

Money 2007 has improved backup in that it will keep more than one
backup (with the date as part of the filename) on the hard drive as
well as the flash drive.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Finding MDB or XLS files that contain macros
As part of our future conversion to XP and office 2003, we will be converting thousands of mdb and XLS files. We want to first identify/test those that contain macros. Is there a simple utility/app out there that can do a directory search of files, and identify which ones have macros? Hi Marvin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. We do not have such a tool available yet, however, we will soon have a tool available that will aid in analyzing Access databases for upgrade and conversion to Microsoft� Office Access 2003. The Microsoft Office Access 2...

Find file using first 2 digits
How can I search for a file using the first to digits of the filename? -- aking1987 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aking1987's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319299 Manually: Windows start button|Find (or Search) Search for XY*.xls (change XY to what you want) You can also use this technique in the File|open dialog. aking1987 wrote: > > How can I search for a file using the first to digits of the filename? > >...

help with datedif function please
I have names and dates in columns , every time the name changes I need the difference from that date untill to day's date. With the same name I need the difference between the dates eg: A b c 1 vit 05/12/2009 datedif untill TODAY() 2 vit 20/11/2009 datedif between A1-A2 3 vit 04/07/2009 " " A2-A3 4 vit 24/06/2009 " " A3-A4 5 vit 15/06/2009 " " A4-A5 6 tom 21/11/2009 d...

Code Check Request
Dear all, I have two tables, POs and Orders. POs represent purchase orders from our client, and Orders represent internal orders. One PO can be related to many orders. Each order has a Sales Rep (data in a different table, ID in Orders as FK). The PO number is not a unique ID in the client order data (as one PO can cover many separate client orders). Graphically, the structure looks something like this (* indicates a unique ID): POs Orders Reps Client Order ID* ORDER ID* PO Code <---------> PO NUM SALES REP ID <------- SALES REP ID* In theory, each PO...

A little help with a LNK2019 error?
Recently turned UNICODE on in my project. Builds fine in debug mode. Release gives me only this error on build. " .... error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReport referenced in function "public: unsigned short & __thiscall ATL::CSimpleArray<unsigned short,class ATL::CSimpleArrayEqualHelper<unsigned short> >::operator[](int)" (??A?$CSimpleArray@GV?$CSimpleArrayEqualHelper@G@ATL@@@ATL@@QAEAAGH@Z) I can't quite comprehend it. The help system has this.. LNK2019.. In Visual C++ .NET 2003, this error will be generated when /clr is used...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...

Help with Data Access Pages
This is the setup. Table A with 3 fields – Project, Name, Number Table B with 5 fields – Project, Name, Number, Comments, Date Main Page (data access page) with a hyperlink to Temp Page and a drop down combo box displaying only the values of Project (from Table A) Temp Page (data access page) that is connected to Table B to store the data entered. On this page is 5 text boxes labeled to match Table B above. Here is my problem. On selection from the drop down box from Main, and selecting the link to Temp, I want the Temp Page to display only the records that match the Project selected fr...

neep help,CSV,import data
My problem is the following: - I have this contacts in my outlook personal folders - I've installed MS CRM - Now I want to add these contacts to the CRM server - I exported them from outlook2003 as CSV file - Then I imported them to MS CRM using the import wizard - While importing the Arabic names appears as unreadable characters - Any ideas……..plz..... ...

help importing cell
Hi can someone help me with the formula for importing the value of cell from one worksheet to another. For example the value of cell a1 from worksheet x to current sheet I believe the formula starts with ~ thanks in advance: -- eliosta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eliostar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3251 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52304 Hi You can use something like this: =sheet1!A1 in the cell to show what is in that cell on your current sheet. Andy. ...

I need help with setting up email Automatic Replies
I have two computer receiving the same incoming emails and I need to set up an 'Automatic Relpy' to new eamils coming into my outlook mail box. I have tried to understand the Microsoft instructions, thru 'help' but for some reason when I turn my Automatic Reply message on the Recipient does not receive my 'Auctomatic Relpy Message' and I don't know what I maybe doing wrong. You need to ask in a forum for your e-mail application and/or your e-mail service provider. This one of for Microsoft Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<>...

Help me impress my boss PLEASE
Heres the thing: We have 3 people and our boss. The boss needs to be able to send a task out that re-accures every month, we the people need to have one of us accept the task, and modify the status to show that it is in progress. Everyone else must see that this has been done by using a popup. Can I have a pop up window show that someone has accepted the task? And if no one accepts it and the task sits for 1 day, can I have a popup window appear saying "MUST BE DONE!!!" I'm a little confused can someone recomend a really good web page? To sum up: 1. Pop Windows are th...

need little help with MSXML

New to accounting software, help please.
I currently don't use any accounting software but need to start using it. I live in the UK but can't seem to find any software versions post 2005, does anybody know if there are any plans to introduce money 2007 in the UK? If not, would I be able to download the US version and work adequately in the UK? Many thanks Sean. M2005 is the latest UK version. There are no plans to introduce the US versions. US versions are heavily customised for the US and apart from the obvious such as mis-spelling of cheque ;-) unless you plan to keep usage very simple you may find the US versio...

VLOOKUP HELP 03-02-10
I need VLOOKUP to search across worksheets where the names are not the same (example) Worksheet1 (A): Doe, John; Worksheet2 (A): DoeJ; Worksheet3 (A) DoeJK. Can I have VLOOKUP find each name across worksheet 2 and 3? Here's what I have: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$206,1,FALSE)),"no","yes"). Thanks for any help. =vlookup() expects the table to be on a single sheet--not three different tables on 3 different sheets. But if you're just trying to determine what sheet that name is located on, you could use three formulas like: =isnumber(match(a2,...

Need help setting up a leave copy on server
I have an exchange server. I'm trying to setup an option where I can leave a copy on server, so that the client can recieve the same E-mail on the website and on his computer at work. How can I configure that option on outlook meanwhile having an exchange server? Don't use a .pst file and the mail will remain in the exchange mailbox. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ...

Lost all my Outlook data after a certain date....HELP!
Outlook 2000 has screwed me over big-time! I seem to have lost all my Outlook data for the past 6 months - email, contacts, calendar, etc. All the data prior to 6 mos. ago has been retained. Right before this data loss, I was having strange PC behavior - most likely due to spyware apps that were slowing down performance. I looked at my Outlook PST file and it appears the same size as it was before the data loss, so this missing data should still be in there somewhere? I have tried to export the PST file to different formats, such as Access and tab-separated values, but to no avail. I thi...

I'm a New user Asking for help!
how do i mutiply more than one column each time. Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you give an example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "09lawrencej@gaggle.net" <09lawrencej@gaggle.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8503AC40-616A-493B-BAA3-6B9D4BB27512@microsoft.com... > how do i mutiply more than one column each time. What do you really mean? Do you want to multiply several columns wit the same number? 09lawrencej@gaggle.net Wrote: > how do i mutiply more than one column each time -- BenjieLo -----------...

Grouping query help
I know I can do this using a sub query but I'm trying not to Basically I got three feilds of data. One of the feilds is a dat feild and I'm trying to group the data on the most recent date. For example: In the data below, I would like the query to display for each category, the actual rate on the most recent date (for that particular category). Category Date Rate CIT 4/1/2004 4 CIT 7/1/2004 4.25 CIT 8/9/2005 6.5 L30 11/10/2006 5.32 LAS 5/24/2004 4 LAS 7/1/2004 4.25 LAS 2/2/2005 5.5 LAS 3/22/2005 5.75 STD 5/24/2004 4 STD 7/1/2004 4.25 STD 9/21/2004 4.75...

using variable length named ranges problem
I have 3 variable length lists of data that need to be concatenated in to one column. Presently the following formula works (This is typed in to A1 and copied down the column using the drag handle so in cell A2 refs to C1,D1,E1 are automatically changed to C2,D2,E2 and so on): =IF(ROW()<=COUNTA(C:C),C1,IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),OFFSET(D1,(COU NTA(C:C)),0,1,1),IF(ROW()<=(COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)+COUNTA(E:E)),OFFSET(E1,- (COUNTA(C:C)+COUNTA(D:D)),0,1,1),""))) Result - a list of data in column A which is the list of data in column C plus data in column D plus ...

Exchange 2003 System Backup Recommendations???
What is a good strategy for backing up the Exchange System? By system I mean the disks (program files etc) and System State of Exchange. I'm currently backing up the Exchange DB, and mailboxes as well as my Domain Controllers (1 DC daily, the other DC once a week). The Admin before was doing a weekly full system backup and Differentials the rest of the week. The diff's never complete. Is once a week good or are nightly fulls better? Thanks for any info- ...

Help! Money 2005 doesn't work after update!
installed 2005 premium two weeks ago and set up all my bank info. I got notice for update every time but I canceled it. But later, since my bank info was set, I updated it. Then the trouble came. I can not log in anymore. EVery time after I input the passport, it gave error as "an unexpected error has occurred. please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's online service customer support." I tried to uninstall and reinstall. The same problem. so I can not use it any more. Help! See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/42.aspx and ...

Newbie Help: customising forms
I'm new to CRM and setting up a test deployment in our office. I need some help please and can't find anything in the manuals to assist me. (It's probably there but I can't find it!). When an account is created, the OWNER information is automatically updated with the name of the user creating the account. We've added a custom field: LIVE DATE, and I wanted to add a further field APPROVED BY: The APPROVED BY field would have a user name of the person who passed this account to go live. Ideally, I'd like another form (we currently use an Excel based Checklist which I...

Help! Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. Can't edit objects in 2007 (Freeform issue). Steve Rindsberg?
Hi, I am posting this again in a hope to get attention to my tricky problem Bob _________ Thanks Jon, Some consolotion, but no solution... :-) I am not doing any progress at all with this problem. Really need help!(Saw that Steve had beed in similar thread 1,5 yr ago) Regarding resulting EMF/WMF shapes, there seems to be a big difference between seeting the Shape Border to Solid manually compared to doing it through VBA or through a Chart Style ( I took a standard one). This is bizarre! Is there some way to emulate the manual action in the menu? i.e. something like: Application.Commandbar...

Help setting up Charts
I have a spreadsheet with the following Column F, building name Each row on the spreadsheet is a member of staffs name In Column I, I have got the number 1 if the member of staff has been trained. If not there is a 0. I need a Chart to show the number of members of staff who are trained per work area. In the chart/ graph the work area should be along the bottom row X. The number of staff members will be in the Y column. Please would you be able to give some assistance. When I try to create a chart the information does not show and it appears to be cluttered. There are 91 members of s...

Hotbar removal
I got a colourful message from a friend and a link at the bottom which took me to Hotbar.com At no cost (suspicious) the visitor can download and install of an extension to MS Outlook, adding colours, stationeries etc. It was supposed to be compatible with MS Outlook and I had (na�ve) an impression that it had to be somehow endorsed by Microsoft. Immediately after the installation I saw that I got more than I bargained for. For one, it seems to be a spyware. It has also embedded itself quite deep and there is no uninstall option. What bugs me the most is that it has replaced my Copernic S...