Had to Update Money with new license - not all hell broke loose

Hello,
My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy
another version to get another 2 years with a new license key.  I
entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it
started asking me about some online quotes.  I made the huge mistake
of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update,
duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created
(presumably from MSN Money?).
deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not
help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an
update.
I had to go to MSN Money and delete those accounts.
Also, I could not merge the accounts as it warned that my old data
would be lost.

So now I have successfully removed these "new accounts" but I can't
get my old ones to update.  It says that there is no login
information.  when I go to add it, it always says to try again later.
I am wondering if it is because these accounts aren't on MSN? (I don't
see these old accounts on MSN).
what do I do next.
I could care less about my accounts being on MSN.  can I remove that
Live ID link and still get my accounts to update?
any help is appreciated.
Brad
0
bpollard1 (1)
9/9/2009 5:02:56 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, bpollard wrote:

>My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy
>another version to get another 2 years with a new license key.  I
>entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it
>started asking me about some online quotes.  I made the huge mistake
>of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update,
>duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created
>(presumably from MSN Money?).
>deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not
>help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an
>update.
>I had to go to MSN Money and delete those accounts.

File->Restore would presumably would have been easier. See below.

>Also, I could not merge the accounts as it warned that my old data
>would be lost.
>
>So now I have successfully removed these "new accounts" but I can't
>get my old ones to update.  It says that there is no login
>information.  when I go to add it, it always says to try again later.
>I am wondering if it is because these accounts aren't on MSN? (I don't
>see these old accounts on MSN).
>what do I do next.
>I could care less about my accounts being on MSN.  can I remove that
>Live ID link and still get my accounts to update?
>any help is appreciated.

Look up your financial institutions at
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx

Disable online access for any that use the term "third party" in the
description. Those that do not say "third party" should not be
affected; those that do will. Then turn off the first item in
Tools->Settings. Remove the LiveID with File->PasswordManager

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323964/en-us
describes how to  remove online info.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/9/2009 7:20:35 PM
Cal-
Thank you for all the help you have provided over the years.
The account I have having the most problems with is Bank of America
(CA)
Looking up the financial institution, it does use a 3rd party.
You ask me to "disable olinline access" for these third party
acconts.  I couldn't figure out how to do that for individual
accounts.  however, I feel that BofA might already be excluded because
when I hit "Update" (in the upper right corner with the two circular
arrows) Bank of America is not listed there.
I also removed my windows Live ID from the account (both on the Money
file and online).
I exited MS Money and restarted it.
I went to update, and Bank of America is still not listed.  I go to
this account and choose Change Account Settings.  then under the
Online Services section, I click on the link for Online Setup.  I walk
through the setup process (choose the insitution, etc).
The following message appears:
"To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change
Money's settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate the
MSN Money My Accounts service.
To change your settings so you can use online updates for this bank,
click Next"

So does that mean I need to setup my Live ID again?  It seems like I
have no choice.  would you recommend me to use a new Windows Live ID
or my old one?

Do you have any other recommendations?
can I pay you to remotely log into my PC and fix my problems? =)
Brad
0
bpollard (3)
9/10/2009 11:09:23 PM
(sorry if this is a double post)
> [...]

>I went to update, and Bank of America is still not listed.  I go to this
>account and choose Change Account Settings.  then under the Online Services
>section, I click on the link for Online Setup.  I walk through the setup
>process (choose the insitution, etc).
>The following message appears:
>"To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change Money's
>settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate the MSN Money My
>Accounts service.
>To change your settings so you can use online updates for this bank, click
>Next"
>
>So does that mean I need to setup my Live ID again?  It seems like I have no
>choice.  would you recommend me to use a new Windows Live ID or my old one?
>
>Do you have any other recommendations?
>can I pay you to remotely log into my PC and fix my problems? =)

I suggest you go to the bank's website and see if there is the
ability to download an OFX file. That method should survive after
January 2011. It is not as convenient as a direct method, but it has
its merits.

Another possibility is to restore a backup file that dates back to
when the BofA downloads worked. Restore to a different filename,
open that in Money, and see if that still works. If so, continue
from that file. I don't know if that will work or not. Probably not,
but it may be worth a try.

I don't use BofA, but I have read many posts that point out that
things depend on which area your BofA is from.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/10/2009 11:40:43 PM
Hi Cal,
I actually have a full .mny file from before all of this happened.  (and I
have this "golden copy" stored safely away).
I copied this golden copy and tried to use it, but to no avail, same
problems.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new software
install/activation?

I feel like I am so close... I just can't get my BofA to update like it used
to.  It worked fine for years....
Is it normal that MS Money requests my Windows Live ID when trying to hook
up my BofA account to online services?  should I use my old one vs creating a
new one?
thanks again,
Brad
Bank of America is websites are actually a merger of the previous banks,
that is why they operate differently for the different areas.  My
understanding, and I know that some have found slight differences, is that
the issue is where your account was originally opened. As you have found all
states except for 3 (CA is one of the 3) have direct access. that operates
without the third party (Cash Edge or Yodlee depending upon which MS Money
is currently using).  In order to use this third party software you must
have a LiveID and the information is funneled through MS MoneyCentral on the
way to your computer.  Some people have found that the connection can be
made via the use of another state. I do not know how or why it worked for
them.

Concerning the direct access, you must sign up for it with Bank of America.
It is free on certain types of accounts and otherwise has a monthly fee.

As Cal mentioned, you can go to the web site and download the OFX files
directly into money.  Prior to the direct access (Money 06) I used that as I
have never wanted or had a LiveID on my account. I found the OFX download
was just as fast as my testing of the Yodlee that was being used at the
time.

Thus I think that when it worked in the past that either you were using the
BoA (all except CA, WA,...) or you had a LiveID and were using the Yodlee to
access the BoA account.  If you were accessing it directly, you had to
contact BoA to set it up for you. I have used BoA with money for many years
and just switched it to use it with Quicken.  Unfortunately, I can only have
it set up for one or the other, so during my period of running both Money
and Quicken I have been manually downloading the Money OFX files.

Hope this helps.

Art McClinton
first initial last name on the cox network.
"bpollard" <bpollard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Cal,
> I actually have a full .mny file from before all of this happened.  (and I
> have this "golden copy" stored safely away).
> I copied this golden copy and tried to use it, but to no avail, same
> problems.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new software
> install/activation?
>
> I feel like I am so close... I just can't get my BofA to update like it
> used
> to.  It worked fine for years....
> Is it normal that MS Money requests my Windows Live ID when trying to hook
> up my BofA account to online services?  should I use my old one vs
> creating a
> new one?
> thanks again,
> Brad

In microsoft.public.money, bpollard wrote:

>Hi Cal,
>I actually have a full .mny file from before all of this happened.  (and I
>have this "golden copy" stored safely away).
>I copied this golden copy and tried to use it, but to no avail, same
>problems.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the new software
>install/activation?
>
>I feel like I am so close... I just can't get my BofA to update like it used
>to.  It worked fine for years....
>Is it normal that MS Money requests my Windows Live ID when trying to hook
>up my BofA account to online services?  should I use my old one vs creating a
>new one?
>thanks again,
>Brad

With the "third party" method, Yodlee does "screen scraping. If the
web site changes much, they might not be able to get that interface
working. Since Yodlee does this for its own application too, it
seems possible it could get on the list again at a later time.

I don't think it shouldn't matter if you used a new LiveID or an
existing one.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/11/2009 1:05:53 AM
I have never been successful in connecting to B of A (CA). I d/l the
transaction file from the bank's website & it imports into my money file.

"bpollard" <bpollard@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Cal-
> Thank you for all the help you have provided over the years.
> The account I have having the most problems with is Bank of America
> (CA)

0
scottw2000 (31)

Update Stock Price
I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and online updates, but is there a way to to an online update for a stocks price that will update the historical price not only for the current day, but for any days I missed in between. Thanks in Advance for any help that can be offered. No. "Nick" <nmoshou@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:039601c398ed$e8473e00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and > online updates, but is there a way to to an online update > for a stocks price that will update the historical pric...

Updated Office, now I'm no longer Registered
Help. I downloaded the Offixe X updates, and went to open Microsoft Word, and all of a sudden, its as if I was installing a brand new product, asking for my information, and product key (which of course, I can't find). Has anyone experienced this? Or, does anyone know if Macs store any kind of registry information? I appreciate any feedback! (other than "losing your registration key was reeeeeally smart!" :)) Thanks so much. Lisette On 12/23/06 11:58 AM, in article 1166903892.442462.51840@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "lisettea@mac.com" <lisettea@mac.com> wrot...

New Problem
In 2007: In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next record when clicked. When I click it, I get this: The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK. Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work. Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button. Thanks in advance, Vito On 13 May 2010 16:00:59 GMT, Vito wrote: > In 2007: > > In ...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Automatic Update application ignores permissions
I have a managed account on my computer - I've allowed the user to launch all Office applications except the Updater, Remove Office, and the Handheld Sync Installer. However, if the user clicks "Check for updates" in the Help menu in Word, the Updater application launches, and the AU daemon is put in the list of applications to startup on login. I guess this is the place to report such a bug - does anyone know how to prevent the user from launching the Updater application in this way? Does the user account have the "Allow Supporting Programs" box in the allow/disall...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Money 2005 won't accept my Passport login
My Microsoft Passport is associated with my user name (first@firstlast.com). WHy won't Passport accept this? ...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

excel error "no more new fonts..."
Using Excel 2002. Pretty large sheet with about 60 tables. refuses to copy and paste a table. Getting error message "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" cannot find anything anywhere on this error. ...

Error? Missing banks in Money 2005...
I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even though it is listed as supported on the Money website. In fact it appears that the list in Money 2005 is about 25% that of what appears on the website. Am I doing something wrong or is Microsoft false advertising their product? Thanks There appear to be a number of missing banks now, but our understanding is that the list will be updated soon. -- "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414501c49f60$13cb3da0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I am missing my bank for downloading in Money 2005 even &g...

User Deleted From Active Directory Still holds a License
Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she still holds a license. How do I free up her license. I have tried threw the front end but it gives me the error "make sure object exsists in the active directory." any ideas Mark See the answer above. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:09:03 -0800, "ACDMark" <ACDMark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi All, So along time ago a user was deleted from our Active Directory and she st...

Entourage loosing connection with server
Greetings All, Situation: At our work we use Entourage to connect to the Exchange server. It's been working great until about a week ago. We're running Office 2008, 12.2.3. Mac's are running 10.6.2. We loose connection with the server (can't receive or send mail). Quitting and restarting Entourage doesn't solve it. What DOES solve it is completely rebooting our Macs. Obviously a pain in the rumpus maximus! Has anyone experienced this? Any thoughts as to solving this? Many thanks in advance for your collective wisdom! Dan a <William.Reed@sbcusd.k12.ca...

Updating Accounts #2
I just upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe (Have XP) When I go into Money it states its "updating account" and my CPU usage is at 99% when I run Money. There are NO accounts that are being automatically updated as I do them all manually. The "updating accounts" icon stays up until I finally have to turn off computer because I cannot work on any other part of money as it says it is doing an online function. PLEASE HELP.. It also goes online to seek its own updates. Do you have SSL2 enabled in Internet Options? Do you have firewall software enabled beyond the XP firewall...

Updating 2004 FI list
Does anyone know how to update Money 2004's Financial Institution list? When I check to see if my FI is online and supported, it is. When I check the Money 2004 list, it is not there. Any solutions? Thank you, any help would be great. -- Thanks, Andrew ...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Money 2004 corrupts on a restore
I backedup my 2004 database I restored from my 2004 database backup and all the total fields are about $555,729,300,950,923.43. Did i just miscalculate how rich i am, or is that a bug. Ie it appears to have maxed out the totals fields. any ideas on how to solve this? should i reinstall 2004 and then try to restore again? or should i hang out for a SP? John The last thing to ever do on a Money problem is wait for Microsoft to fix it. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q85 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. "John Reid" <john.reid@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message...

Money 2004 and Epay
Hello, I am using the free MSN Billpay that came with my Money 2004 Deluxe. Today is Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003. I would like to pay my insurance bill which is due on Dec. 2nd. When I try to pay the bill today through Money, I get a message that says that the earliest it can be paid is 12/01/2003. Is that the date the payment should arrive or the date it will be processed? I'm a little confused. Thanks, ....Will ...

Unable to restore MS Money 2000
My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it might be a read-only attribute." Hoe to i restore? See if you can copy it to the harddrive and restore from there. "Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message news:11b3101c383d5$3dcfd810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. > Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive > a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate ...

new recipient policy
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003 (1 FE and 2 BE) mail system. Initially we had 2 recipient policies 1 with 7 smtp addresses and the default. We are growing etc and need to better manage our users and I don't want everyone to have to 10 email addresses. I made a new policy for the new domain I need to host. I gave it the first priority and added the new domain name @newdomain1. All the users who need this are in a global security group and I used that as the advanced criteria (IsExactly - pre-2000 name). I then did the same for 2 more domains (with different groups). And then I lef...

Updates Failing
Howdy, I just got Microsoft Money 2007 Premium Version 16.0.125.162 and it will not download/install the updates no matter what I do. I've installed and uninstalled the software, attempted to download the updates again and it is not working. Can anyone give me a work around or a fix for this? I've been looking around the MNYCoreFiles and it appears the files are downloading it just is not applying the updates preoperly. Thanks, owen Delete your temp files. Then open the money sample file and see if the updates are applied. If you still are having problems search the news grou...

Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee
Realexamquestions.com has all real exams with money back guarantee ...

Money 2006 + Canadian bank acct downloading
Does ms money 2006 actually let you download from any canadian banks, or do you have to do the manual import? Quicken let's you download from within the program, I'm sure money must allow this as well, I don't see any canadian banks listed when I got to setup online services...I do have my regional settings set to Canada, and my base currency is set to Canadian. And MS shows that they support my bank TD Canada Trust. I am wondering if that means they just support importing?? Hopefully not. Are you using Standard version of MOney 2006? Only Standard version supports mode...

Petty (and unnecessary) Money annoyances
Adding an index to watch is unnecessarily hard. Worse, why the fixed list?!?!?!? So if I want to add one that's not in that list, I effectively have to waste one of those by renaming it and changing its symbol? To what end? Why not just let me add one?!? You can't add an investment without associating it with an account and, unless you put it in the watch account, you have no choice but to create the investment with a buy or with shares. Why? Why not just let me define one? Maybe I'll buy it next week. And I guess I never really appreciated how incredibly tenacious Money is not o...

Money Express #4
One of my main loves of Microsoft Money has been the Money Express. I just upgraded to Money 2005 from Money 2002. What I can not find is how to turn money express on in Money 2005. Does anyone know how to do this? Yes. Revert to M02. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=162. "Michael R. Mastro II" <MichaelRMastroII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:704F1E64-65E9-44E2-B956-B6A79813DAFD@microsoft.com... > One of my main loves of Microsoft Money has been the Money Express. I > just > upgraded to Money 2005 from Money 2002. What I can not find is ...