Getting the same transactions over and over

After hours and hours of trying, I finally figured out some of my problems
with '05, but this one has me stumped. Every time I open Money it downloads
from the web (which is okay) but it downloads the same transactions - over,
and over, and over, and over.   What am I doing wrong? How do I make it
stop? Thanks!

0
sheureka (8)
1/10/2005 11:05:29 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Sherry wrote:

>After hours and hours of trying, I finally figured out some of my problems
>with '05, but this one has me stumped. Every time I open Money it downloads
>from the web (which is okay) but it downloads the same transactions - over,
>and over, and over, and over.   What am I doing wrong? How do I make it
>stop? Thanks!

See
 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890440
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/10/2005 11:44:52 PM
Okay, well I did that. Big mistake. Now my checking account says I am
thousands of dollars overdrawn. Shall I just delete this account and start
over? Any other ideas?

Sherry

> In microsoft.public.money, Sherry wrote:
>
>>After hours and hours of trying, I finally figured out some of my problems
>>with '05, but this one has me stumped. Every time I open Money it
>>downloads
>>from the web (which is okay) but it downloads the same transactions -
>>over,
>>and over, and over, and over.   What am I doing wrong? How do I make it
>>stop? Thanks!
>>

> See
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;890440

0
sheureka (8)
1/11/2005 12:22:17 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Sherry wrote:

>Okay, well I did that. Big mistake. Now my checking account says I am
>thousands of dollars overdrawn. Shall I just delete this account and start
>over? Any other ideas?

If you were better off before, restore your backup.

Who is the bank? I would disable the online access for that bank and
see if they have statement download on their website.

Once the Yodlee access is straightened out, you could return to
that.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/11/2005 12:29:27 AM
I guess I should have waited for your response before I quit Money. Oh well.
I ended up closing the account and setting up a new one. I'll still have
access to all my old transactions that way, but at least I'm not starting
with a negative balance!

> In microsoft.public.money, Sherry wrote:
>
>>Okay, well I did that. Big mistake. Now my checking account says I am
>>thousands of dollars overdrawn. Shall I just delete this account and start
>>over? Any other ideas?
>
> If you were better off before, restore your backup.
>
> Who is the bank? I would disable the online access for that bank and
> see if they have statement download on their website.
>
> Once the Yodlee access is straightened out, you could return to
> that.

0
sheureka (8)
1/11/2005 2:30:55 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Sherry wrote:

>I guess I should have waited for your response before I quit Money. Oh well.
>I ended up closing the account and setting up a new one. I'll still have
>access to all my old transactions that way, but at least I'm not starting
>with a negative balance!

To avoid overwriting your backup, I suggest some settings:

In  Tools->Settings->BackupOptions
I suggest checking
 x Automatically backup to hard disk on exit
  x Prompt me before backing up each time*
  x Make my file small ...

Then periodically, perhaps once per month or more, copy your
latest backup (named differently from your earlier backups) to a
CDR. With XP, this can be a copy and paste operation. Otherwise
use the burning software that came with your CDR drive.

I strongly suggest use of a USB Flash drive also, in addition to
backing up to your hard drive.  They typically act like a big
floppy.  For a more automated way to make multiple backups, see
Glyn Simpson's method at http://money.mvps.org/backup.aspx

*  This has two advantages.  You can change the file name
occasionally.  I like to pick a name something like money050111.
Then it is easy to change the name to have multiple backups.  The
..mbf extension is automatic.  The other advantage is that you can
choose "Don't Back Up, or you change your mind about exiting by
simply clicking the X in the upper right of the pop-up box.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

get the latest day of the previous month
hello, i have a date variable, and i would like with VBA to get the latest day from the previous month many thanks Function LastPrevDate(Dt As Date) As Date LastPrevDate = DateSerial(Year(Dt), Month(Dt), 0) End Function Sub test() MsgBox LastPrevDate(Now) End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Laurent M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:06a701c503b0$3a4b7bc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hello, > > i have a date variable, and i would like with VBA to get > the latest day from the previous month > > many thanks In case you specified VBA be...

New Idea of Getting Side $$$
To me, this is a new concept I found on the net. I think you'd better check it out at: http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=itmex Perhaps we can use the same concept to boost our income thru the net too. Regards, ACO ...

Getting a value from the last record
Hello, I have an inventory database. I have the sum of apples in my last record and want to subtract apples today from it. The value is the last record number from a table: Total apples (in last record) = 25 (new record) sell 5 apples = total apples = 20 me.total_apples = me.sell_apples + (last record me.total_apples) How can I get that last records me.total_apples. I do not have an open internet access so I can not go see alan browns web page only microsoft web pages. Thanks How will Access know what the last records is? Do they contain a DateTime tracking fiel...

how i can get tree view in view window
hi How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in view window not in dialog. Arbind Arbind wrote: > > hi > > How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in > view window not in dialog. > > Arbind CFormView is a view window that can contain a dialog template with many controls. CTreeView is a view window filled with a tree control. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Form is appearing off the screen- how do I get it to come back?
I edited a Access form on a dual monitor machine, and now people with smaller monitors can't see it- where is the property to determine where it appears? ...

Formula to go into sub folders of main folder and get values from
I was hoping to have a formula similar to the one I have posted. This way it can go into the main folder, look through all other folders, find all report cards, and sum the value at the address so that I can have a grand total carried to my data base. Is this possible? Test 1 through 3 are folders all containing 1 file called 'report card'. Although called Test, these folders are actually different peoples names. =SUM('C:\NORTH BAY TIMMINS\TEST1,TEST2,TEST3\[REPORTCARD.XLS]Report Card'!$D$14) I wish to have a formula that will go into all the sub folders ...

Keep getting task pop 3 Send /Recieve Error 0x800 40 900
Outlook 2003 when I hit send /recieve to get mail the above notification appears, does this mean I have messages but unable to access them due to the error or could there be another explanation. Cheers Neil Is this a newly set up account? Did it ever work before? Have you checked with your ISP to verify your account settings? Check their website for the server details. Make sure you have spelled everything correctly in the account details - this is in the Control Panel mail applet. "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D1CE45-5CE2-4651-850F-DA514...

SQL Database Backup critical problem transaction log
I am having a serious problem with a particular database. DPM says that the database is inconsistent and no attempts to do a consistency check seems to clear it. Even worse, the transaction log of this database has grown to such a size that any action on the database gives an error saying that the transaction log is full. Even attempts to expand or add to the transaction logs gives this error. The sys.databases table for the database says that the reason why the transaction log cannot be reused is 2 - backup. On Nov 25, 5:31=A0pm, Innovations <Innovati...@discussions.m...

getting window position?
For a *child* window, when you set position and size using CWnd::SetWindowPos, the positioning is relative to the client area of the parent window. I must be getting tired, because look as I might, I can't find an analagous call to get the window position for a child window in terms of the parent window client area. I'm not sure I can even see how to compute it from the screen position returned by CWnd::GetWindowRect. What am I missing? It's seems obvious the call must be there somewhere, but I'm not spotting it. Thanks. Is ScreenToClient what you want? HTH -- ======...

Where do all the pictures get stored?
Hi everyone, I wanted to know where all the pictures get stored in Outlook XP? I wanted easy access the pictures themselves instead of opening the message and then closing, opening then closing. Thank you very much! "Hashem Ouaida" <ouaidahahsem@hotmail.com> wrote in news:413cee2b$1$2161$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au: > Hi everyone, > > I wanted to know where all the pictures get stored in Outlook XP? I > wanted easy access the pictures themselves instead of opening the > message and then closing, opening then closing. > > Thank you very much! See y...

Why not use Get External Data?
I've been told not to use Get External Data. This is for a database that is 1.99GB and compacting down to 127MB (routinely ending up back at 1.99GB). How does Get External Data differ from importing the same rows using an append query? Thanks, Cameron Cameron Tully-Smith previously wrote: > I've been told not to use Get External Data. This is for a database > that is > 1.99GB and compacting down to 127MB (routinely ending up back at > 1.99GB). > > How does Get External Data differ from importing the same rows using an > append query? > > Thanks, ...

How to get 2 Max values?
I have following 2 tables (T1, T2) and rows: T1 (Column: Id) ---- 1 2 3 4 T2 (Columns: Id, Value) ---- 1, 1 1, 2 1, 3 1, 4 2, 1 2, 2 2, 3 2, 4 3, 1 3, 2 3, 3 3, 4 4, 1 4, 2 4, 3 4, 4 The result-set I need is: --------------------------------------- 1, 3 1, 4 2, 3 2, 4 3, 3 3, 4 4, 3 4, 4 i.e for each Id from T1, I need 2 max values from T2. How do I write the query? Will this work? Select t1.Id, ( Select t2.Value From t2 Where t2.Id = t1.Id Order By Value Desc Limit 2 ) From t1 I keep getting subquery returns more than one...

Mislabeled Transactions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4856F.A4EBAFF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are using Microsoft Money 2004. For some reason, when we = download our transactions from our bank, Microsoft Money mislabels our = ATM withdrawals, referring to them consistently as a payment to another = party. Somehow, the program has decided that this is the automatic = match for ATM withdrawals. We are of course able to fix each mislabeled = transaction manually; this is, however, very...

Getting the main dialog in MFC
Is the a function to get the main dialog similar the the ::AfxGetMainWnd() to get the main window? Just AfxGetMainWnd() ? It'll return a CWnd pointer to your main window. Or do you mean in the WinAPI? Gordon Jeffrey wrote: > Is the a function to get the main dialog similar the the > ::AfxGetMainWnd() to get the main window? -- Maarten Kools ___________________________________________ Van Gennep - Media Automation Consulting bv Burg. Stramanweg 105 1101 AA Amsterdam The Netherlands Phone: +31-20-697 6029 Fax: +31-20-697 2249 E-mail: mkools@vangennep.nl WWW: http://www.van...

How to get Total form lookup fields
I have the table Table Herd IDUT Autonumber CodFarmer txt CodSemester txt CodAnimal txt (lookup) AnimalQuantity number AnimalUnit number I create the following sql to get the AnimalCarryingCapacity SELECT F2Herd.CodFarmer, F2Herd.CodFarmer, F2Herd.CodAnimal, F2Herd.AnimalQuantity, F2Herd. AnimalQuantity, [F2Herd]![ AnimalQuantity]*[F2Herd]![AnimalUnit] AS AnimalCarryingCapacity FROM F2Herd WHERE (((F2Herd.CodFarmer)="11") AND ((F2Herd. ...

unable to get the email in CRM.
iam implementing MS CRM at the client place.CRM Application has been installed on '5555' port.Email router has been successfully installed on the exchange server. when i send the mail from one user's mailbox to other user's mailbox through web mail, the mail has been transfered to that user through crm mailbox.But when i create the email activity and sending to a user, it hasn't been appearing any where. the mail was not coming to the user's mailbox also.i can't even find where the mail was going also.i have checked all the properties in organization settings...

Microsoft gets convicted for piracy and loses appeal
And they have the nerve to self righteously whine about people pirating their products when they have no problem pirating others' products. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142611/Court_rejects_Microsoft_appeal_bans_Word_sales -- Alias Alias wrote: > And they have the nerve to self righteously whine about people pirating > their products when they have no problem pirating others' products. > > http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9142611/Court_rejects_Microsoft_appeal_bans_Word_sales > > You got anything else better to do? Vista...

When I import a csv file text that contained a + gets scrambled
Using Excel 2003 (11.6560.6568) SP2 When I import external data from a csv file all fields that contain a "+" sign are scrambled on the excel file. Example: Tech+DataAnalyticsSTF-Managemt from the csv file Looks like this after the import to Excel Techණ娂皥쫘鲱ⓅManagemt I am using the Text Import Wizard feature Step 1 - Delimited Start Import at row 1 File Origin: 65000: Unicode (UTF-7) Step 2 - Delimiters checked off Tab and Comma Not checked off - Treat consectutive delimiters as one Text qualifier = " Step 3 Column Data format = Text ...

Outlook 2007 Rules work and then get forgotten?
I have reset my rules and alerts more than once but still they work for 3 days and then they seem to be forgotten. I then get the "rule (1)", get a duplicate email and start all over again, and reset - deleting all my rules & alerts. How can fix this problem? -- Living large in So Cal "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03094AAB-C5FF-4AF4-9951-DD5628E8FE20@microsoft.com... > I then get the "rule (1)", What does this mean? What type of account are you using? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

How do I get 3 series in sync with the x-axis?
Long version of my question: When I put three series in one chart (for example a line chart with a time-scale as the x-axis) the data items in the first series are distributed properly along the x-axis according to their associated dates, but the items that belong to the other two series (fewer items than the first series posesses) are displayed in the same positions with respect to the x-axis as the initial items in the first series and therefore are displayed as belonging to the wrong dates. If the first series has two items occuring on the same date, then every series has two item...

I cant get incoming email
I just set up my outlook account. Everything works exept I cant get incoming emails. I keep clicking the send rceieve button but its still not working Any error messages. If so can you post here in it's entirety. And what = do you mean by "everything works" Does it Send out emails? Did you set = up your email account ? --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "green earth, green home" <green earth, green = home@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:00A24...

Account gets updated everytime it connects
I have MS Money 2004 Deluxe. Everytime I allow automatic updates or force a manual update, 1 account always has activity. The top says you have no unread statements, but it will have an arrow with a (5). 5 is the number of funds in this account. I click OK a couple of times and it doesn't change anything. It's like it's just checking the balance or something. I have another account with the same company that doesn't do this. Ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Mick0866 wrote: >I have MS Money 2004 Deluxe. Everytime I allow automatic updates or force a >...

Please help, windows mail getting dialup box?
I have Qwest DSL service, but when tying to open or send Email via windows mail, a blank dialup box appears and I cannot send or receive any windows mail. The connection settings look to be set right, never dial a connection and set for LAN, automatic and proxy server. The proxy server address is "proxy.integrity.com. "and port 80. Is this right? Until recently I did had ISP Integrity Online and dialup service. Also the mail server is set for "POP3 default" Any ideas on what I should do to to correct this please let me know? I have already been round &...

Getting rid of access violation message
Is there a way I can configure Windows (in general, or specifically for Windows Server 2003 or later) so that if a program produces an access violation, that the AV will not be shown, i.e. the program just ends without an error dialog being shown? I have done this for a different fatal error, the familiar "program name has stopped working...". I do this by setting a couple of registry items: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Windows\ErrorMode and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\DontShowUI However this method...

Will the CTreeView get this notification?
Hello, I have a frame window with a CSplitterWnd. The splitter window has two panes. One of the panes is a class derived from CTreeView (which contains a CTreeCtrl if I'm not mistaken) When the selection in the tree changes a TCN_SELCHANGE notification is sent to the parent...I thought the parent in this case would be my CTreeView derived class (named WindowView) but that doesn't seem to be true because the expression in the if statement below never evaluates to true no matter how many times I select an item in the tree... BOOL WindowView::OnNotify(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam,...