from Money 2004 to 2005 Small Biz Edition

I am sure that I can open the mny file at 2004.
But its show error message when I upgrading my money file.
The message show " Money Cannot locatemny file" or cannot open it,possibly
because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or
your disk is write protected.

My Os is XP SP2 (T-Chinese).
Is anybody upgraded successfully?
0
Jesse1 (89)
11/9/2004 8:24:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I also have the same problem... What is the cause?? I cannot covert the 2004
file to 2005 version at any means....

"Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am sure that I can open the mny file at 2004.
> But its show error message when I upgrading my money file.
> The message show " Money Cannot locatemny file" or cannot open it,possibly
> because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it
> or
> your disk is write protected.
>
> My Os is XP SP2 (T-Chinese).
> Is anybody upgraded successfully?

0
siuson (3)

Edit a group of cells with a macro
I have imported data from another program which combines numeric and alpha characters into a single cell. I need to split the numeric data into one column and the alpha characters into an adjacent column. I copied the imported column into the adjacent column, then went to first column and created a macro which deletes the first 7 characters (the numeric values). When I run the macro on other cells it takes the information from the very first cell and keeps repeating it. What am I doing wrong? Hi! Can you post a few examples of the data you want to separate? Al -- Message posted from h...

Money 2005 Deluxe vs 2004 Std
I currently have MS Works Suite 2004 pre-installed on my computer. Money 2004 Standard is a part of that suite. I have been using Quicken 2004 over the entire past year for my financial records. In order to make a transition to Money and retain Quicken records for the past year I would need to purchase Money 2005 and import Quicken 2004 records first. 1. Can I install Money 2005 on the machine that currently contains Works Suite 2004 (with Money 2004)? If so, I assume I would need to uninstall Money 2004 before installing Money 2005. 2. Is there any known problem with importing Quicken...

GridView editing mode calling databind
I have a GridView that has about 500 rows in . The rows have a command field on it are editable. The problem is that everytime I press the edit button, it does a query of the database to get the same data it already has. This is slowing things down. I already have it going slow because it has to redraw the GridView to open up the row and display the textboxes. Is there a way to just move the data from the lables of that row to the text boxes and just display the changed row and not go the database? Thanks, Tom On Feb 10, 12:26=A0am, "tshad" <t...@d...

Money 2008 User Manual
MS has an online Microsoft Money Plus User Guide at http://www.microsoft.com/money/support/manual/MoneyPlus/3sku_toc_p001.htm Unfortunately, this brings up an online document that does not provide a means of doing a search. I wanted to search the document for preferred payees but could not find a way to do it. Does a pdf version of the manual exists somewhere? If not, does an index of the document exist (it does have a TOC on the first page)? I have used Help out of Money, but was hoping for more information from the User Guide. Thanks, Mike in short the Online user guise was not design...

Formula for Telecom calculations? Time/money
Hello. I am trying to figure out Excel, and have not used it much. What I need to do is put in a money amount, lets say $5 and the rate per minute is $0.025 (2 1/2 cents) a minute. I need the total minutes available with the total amount of money entered at the rate listed. My formulas are all coming out with incorrect results. Thanks GB enter 5 in A1 enter 0.025 in B1 enter =A1/B1 in C1 the result is 200 in C1 all cells are formatted as general Bill K Greetings from New Zealand "GeekBoy" <nerd_revenge@nerdythree.net> wrote in message news:AD70FF79-B825-4A7D-B452...

Money 2004
Has Bill Reminder (i.e. blinking Money Express tray icon) been fixed in M'04? It wasn't working properly in M'03. Sadly, the answer is NO (on my PC). I called and opened a new SRX ticket for 2004 Deluxe. Same issue, the icon will not flash at boot up when bills are due. If you leave your computer on all the time, the icon will begin to flash on its own around 1AM ET, or so, when it apparently does some type of refresh. I'm forced to continue to use the Open Money Express Window when Money Express Starts option. I was really looking foward for this issue to be resolved. Oh w...

Migrate MS Money Plus Premium to a different computer
I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay for it a second time and would prefer to go the "uninstall from old PC, install on new PC, activate on new or move activation from old to new" somehow. Any recommendations on doing this would be appreciated. Thank you In microsoft.public.money, Sergey S <Sergey S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was >installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay...

how to close out and reopen a small branch office
We are about to close a small branch office (connected by VPN). It has an NT4 trusted domain (we are win2003 AD) and is a remote exchange site (they are ex5.5) in our exchange organization (email to the users goes through our exchange2000 org). This office will remain open as an independent company. We will no longer be affiliated. Can anyone help me to understand what things I will need to do to: (1)remove the office/domain ( and users ) from our AD domain (2)remove the exchange site ( and email accounts) from our org (3)Set them up as an independent office with domain and exchange org? (t...

Money 2006 Canadian Edition won't Forcast CashFlow they removed the feature unannounced this year
Hello, I am having fun ... microsoft has made the US deluxe version incompatable with the Canadian version of Money and as of yet they are not producing a Deluxe version for Canadian users. Every two years I get the new version of MS Money for Canadian users and this year they decided to pull out the 'forecast cashflow' feature unannounced. That feature was the main reason (only reason almost) that I was purchasing MS Money. I have gotten useful reports out of MS Money 2006 Canadian version, but every time I restart it the useful reports seem to get deleted from my favorites ...

MONEY 2001 #22
I HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADING CREDIT CARD STAMENTS SUCESSFULY FOR 3 YEARS. NOW ALL THE SUDDEN THE CHARGES APEAR IN THE CREDIT COLM. AND THE CREDITS IN THE CHARGE COLM. HELP OK, OK, we heard you!!! When the issue you're experiencing has happened to me in the past it was always the bank. Give 'em a call! Regards, JB >-----Original Message----- >I HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADING CREDIT CARD STAMENTS SUCESSFULY >FOR 3 YEARS. NOW ALL THE SUDDEN THE CHARGES APEAR IN THE >CREDIT COLM. AND THE CREDITS IN THE CHARGE COLM. HELP >. > ...

Synchronizing With My Money
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C60B3C.43080460 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden I am not able to synchronize my = MicroSoft Money with with Microsoft Money on the web? I have double = checked all the options in Money 2003's tools and can't seem to find = where the synchronization option is. Has the updates for MS Money = eleviated the synchronization with the web? Thanks in advance for your continued support! Seasons Best! Elaine Be...

Why does my Money Market Fund show a loss?
I have investment in a Money Mkt Fund and all transtactions in this fund (BUY, SELL and Re-Invest Dividends) are executed at $1.00. Though, the Performance Reports and Portfolio page shows a Loss. I would think that since all the buys and sells are at $1.00 they should not result in any gain/loss and MS Money should simply add the Re-Invested Dividend to give the gain. However, my balance in the fund matches with the broker so, there should not be error in the entries. The issue is only in the Gain/Loss and Period Return amounts. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, Jay wrote: >I ha...

Money 2005 Budget Subtotal
For some reason some of my subtotals are off in my budget. For instance under Gasoline I'll have a reoccurring item setup for $30 every other week. But the subtotal will be $65.22. The only other item in the budget under gasoline is "Other expenses for 'Automobile: Gasoline'", but it's set to zero. My only guess is that it is using past expenses to find the subtotal even though I told it not to and have overridden the values? The budget type is advanced. Any help would be appreciated, I'm new to the budget section. ------------------------------------...

"Bank Balance" in MS Money 2007 Incorrect
Using MS Money 2007 I d/l an OCX statement that incroeectly went to my savings account instead of my checking account. I deleted the incorrect transactions, but there is still something that says "Bank Balance" at the top of my account register with an incorrect total for the account. I have successfully balanced this account with my paper statements sine then, and I know that account balance is correct. This bank balance item does not even appear on my other accounts and does not affect my ability to balance this account, so if possible, I'd just liek to get rid of it. Any sugg...

bubble chart
Hi ... Have about 10 bubbles there. Need to format data labels of ALL 10 bubbles at the same time. (I wanna select Alignment > label position > center, that means moving all 10 data labels to the center of the bubbles) Any method that i can do it in one go, without the need to select and format it one by one ? Using Excel 2002. Thanks. Hi, If the bubbles are all different series then no. You can reduce the time by using F4 which will repeat the command. So format one data label and then select another and press F4. Cheers Andy dstdst123@excite.com wrote: > Hi ... > >...

Money vs. Quicken #3
I've been doing a side-by-side comparison between Money 2005 Premier and Quicken 2005 Premier over the past week. I should also point out that I beta tested Money 2005 having been a loyal fan of Money since about 1999. The beta testers did point out most of the current issues and many others that did get fixed in time. Unfortunately, Quicken has problems that Money doesn't have. One, it's interface has always been rather poor compared to Money's. Quicken also seems to have severe problems with the process of accepting downloaded transactions. There appears to be no ...

Weird Problem With Office 2004 on Tiger 10.4.1
Here's the readers digest version of the problem. A friend just went from 9.2.2 to Tiger yesterday and when he tried to install the Office 2004 upgrade, it said that his product key was not correct. A phone call to Microsoft confirmed that the key was actually valid and there was some issue with his system. I tried the same CD on another system with the same key and it worked, so it would appear they are correct. I took a full version of Office 2004 and it installed fine. However, none of the apps will start. The icons will bounce for a bit and then stop bouncing. No error messages get di...

Money 2005 start-up error 12-13-09
After the most recent update, I am now getting an error message from 2005 standard, that it encountered an internal error and has to close. There no re-store function to previous install/update. Any idea what to do? I am receiving the same exact problem on two different PC's here. One PC has Vista and one has XP, so I am assuming this is a Microsoft problem and not one of either of the individual PC's I'm working on. Any guidance would be extremely helpful. "squirrel" wrote: > After the most recent update, I am now getting an error message from 2005...

Money Small Business #2
Hello - I am in the process of looking for a Small Business Billing package and was told that the Small Business Version of Money may have everything I need. I am looking for software that can keep up with my client info, reoccuring billing, invoicing, statements, AR & AP, GL, Aging accounts, Taking Payments, customize invoices, statements, Reports, etc..... I downloaded the demo version from Microsoft's site, but it seems to be more personal finance oriented. Is there anyone out there using the Small Business version that could tell me what that package does before I invest the tim...

Money 2004 Deluxe Online Services Expiration
I just lost the ability to obtain updated quotes from Microsoft's online services. Today, a message appeared in Money saying that the online service offering has expired for this version of Microsoft Money. I've demo'ed MS Money 2005, 2006 and 2007 and none can compare to 2004. Does anyone know of a workaround to this terrible forced upgrade? Thanks, Ethan Ethan Shapiro wrote: > I just lost the ability to obtain updated quotes from Microsoft's > online services. Today, a message appeared in Money saying that the > online service offering has expired for this ve...

exchange 2005 removal tips
I need to remove the first (of two) exchange server from a domain due to a rebuild need. What steps should I take to ensure everything has been replicated to the other exchange server? I saw this link in another post, but it targets pre-2003 exchange servers. TIA ... Chris http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 I assume this is for Exch 2003 and not Exch 2005. :) On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:27:05 -0800, "chawk" <chawk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to remove the first (of two) exchange server from a domain due to a >rebuild need...

Money 2003
Trying to open money 2003 (Windows XP) and when I try to type the password w/ the first key stroke it says error occurred loading the component report.dll. Need to re-install money. I have tried to reinstall w/ the system disks that came w/ my computer and it seems to only let me do a full system restore. I can not find the option to just install one program. Is there any place I can download that file or reinstall from online? Thank you in advance. Do a search on Google. You can find several DLL libraries out there. I just did one and found the "report.dll" file here: ...

Text search function in Money
I am using the Money 2002, and I have entered 2 years of transactions. Some of them I put detailed note in the memo field of the transaction for future reference. When I doing my tax, I like to pull up piece information here and there from Money, so I tried Search function. In the advanced search box, when I choose all account (credit card, bank, cash) to search for word "tax", it only returns those payee field containing "tax". It just skips/ignores the memo field of each transaction. I look around, but not seeing anywhere having option to search "all text field"...

Microsoft Money 2000 to 2004
I need to get my info from Money 2000 into my new Money 2004. The "support" I found on-line, I beleive, said I couldn't do it. Is this true? In microsoft.public.money, Dawn wrote: >I need to get my info from Money 2000 into my new Money >2004. The "support" I found on-line, I beleive, said I >couldn't do it. Is this true? No. Any more riddles? Have you had any luck with moving the data into 2004? I also have a sort of similar problem in that the 2003 that came on a new computer will not accept the money 2000 deluxe data. >-----Original M...

MS Money 2006 and PPC
Ok, well after having all sorts of problems with MS2005 not syncing today, I decided to try out the 2006 trial. Now all of my accounts are syncing perfectly. (Including some accounts that would never appear on MSN Moneycentral despite 2 weeks of tech support! YEAH :) ) The only problem is it seems Money for PPC does not recognize 2006. I just want to ask whether any one has gotten MS Money for PPC to work? And if so how? and if not how long will it take to get MS Money for PPC? Thanks so much, dannnychanmoa BTW I realize now that all of my MS2005 headaches were due to passport ...