From DataFeed to Customized reports

Folks:

I am new to the Stock Market and I am getting to the point where I am sure I
will eventually have to use some commercial software to help me move from
Data Feed to customized reports.
I am thinking it would be great if there is commercial software already out
there that can simplify the process of moving from data feed to customized
on-screen or printed reports.

  *  Do you know of specialized software already available that would
simplify the task of creating desired reports from a connected data feed.

I know this is NOT the correct newsgroup for this post. Appreciate if
someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jo.

0
JoJo
4/19/2007 6:15:19 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Creating a drop-ship invoice report in POP
Hello: I am attempting to create a drop-ship invoice report in POP. Where does GP pull the quantities received for any Purchasing Invoice Entry? Is it from the PO? Some other table? My report is using POP30300, POP30310, and POP30110. I'm able to get the list of drop-ship invoice line items, but they are sometimes duplicated. Once I remove the POP30110 table, the duplicates go away. I know this is something really obvious I am missing. Any assistance is appreciated. GP9 SP4. Thanks. -Joe There are no "quantities received" with drop-ship invoices, only...

Relabel custom toolbar buttons?
When a macro name is dragged to a toolbar, a button is created that displays name of the macro. If the macro is stored in the local mpp, the name gets way too long. Is there a way to relabel the button to something shorter and easier to understand than "[project filename].mpp![name of macro]"? This is documented somewhere in "Help" and I'm sure I did not find this by serendipity. Menu: View/Toolbars/Customise ... While that dialog box visible, click on the right mouse click o the button and you'll see a rich list of options to enable changing lots of...

Add lines or blanks to report
I am using a report to create a roster for attendees. The attendees are invited and loaded into the database prior to the course. The report has, in it's detail section, the following text boxes: 1. running sum 2. Attendee (control source: [qry_Attendees]![Attendee]) 3. Employee ID (control source: [qry_Attendees]![EE_ID]) 4. Signature (signed by attendee) The problem is that many times there are more attendees than were originally invited. How can I provide them space to sign the printed roster? I'd like to have the whole page filled with Attendee, EE_ID and Signature lines r...

Budget, reports and categories (2005 Money Business)
Here is another item that is throwing me off today. It does not seem to affect anything, but I'd like to know why certain categories are showing up. When I'm adding a category to my budget I have these categories that I have never seen before (because they were Auto in a previous version): 1. Automobile 2. Automobile: Car Payment 3. Automobile: Gasoline 4. Automobile: Maintenance When I select categories for Spending by Category Report: 1. Automobile (Business) 2. Automobile (Business): Depreciation In the Categories section: 1. Automobile (Business) ...

outlook 2003 custom form no RTF
I was using Outlook 2002 sp3 till now. Used to create custom forms, publish it (with the option, save form defination with item as 'NO') in the personal forms library. Send the custom form to myself, and when I receive it, it used to be in rich text format(RTF) and wud display the custom form as it is. But now, in the same machine, am using outlook 2003,and suddenly, the RTF, is not being displayed. Instead, the inbox has html file, so I can view the custom form.. Pls help.. Thanks in advance What's the value of the MessageClass property for the item you received? = Has your m...

maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report access 2007
I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. Can't find a answer to this question. What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:41:00 -0800, Robin C. <Robin C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no maximum. In reality you may be limited to some system resources. -Tom. >I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. >Can't find a answer to this question. > >What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? ...

Custom filter
I am using the autofilter, and wish to Customise a data set in one of my columns. A column has a listing of numbers 1-32. I wish to undertake a filtered selection of of only cells wish contain the numbers 1,2,3 & 7. How do I do this using the autofilter option? I have tried the 1-3,7 option but it didn't work w/ the 'contains' mode. Can anyone advise? Thanks, Unfrotunately Autofilter only allows for a limited number of criteria. I appears that you now need to use advanced filter. That allows for a lenghtier criteria lsit like 1, 2 ,3 , 7. --- Message posted from http://ww...

custom function-code for percentage
I am new to VBA. However I have created a custom function using VBA and the code is detailed below. Public Function PLF(UnitsGenerated, PlantCapacity) ' This user defined function provides the PLF of the Plant in two decimals PLF = (UnitsGenerated / PlantCapacity) * 8.76 PLF = Application.Round(PLF, 2) End Function The result of this custom function is shown in two digits. But I want a percent symbol along with this result. Can anyone would suggest me the code to be added for this for which I thank you in advance. seenu Format the cell as a percentage and change ...

Multiple detail areas in one report
We are creating a database which uses several forms to input data into a Master_Data table. There are several categories for the data ex: Full Service Driver, Trade Driver, Misc Receipts, Misc Payouts. I need a report that breaks these categories out in detail like so: Cashier Driver# Driver Name Full Service Checks Full Service Currency Full Service Coin Subtotal Cashier Driver# Driver Name Trade Checks Trade Currency Trade Coin ...

Stock Variance REport at HQ
Hi there, I do a 501 then a 190 but this doesnt give me enough detail to work out how far out a store is in $$. Can anyone assist? IB ...

create report based on variable date/time
I have created a simple dbase based on an export of an excel sheet. The dbase is named "ExportSC" I have created 3 reports which are base on 3 date colums in de dbase. report 1: open -> based on column "open date" and the results in report are a result from a filter "=> "dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm" report 2: close -> based on column "close time" and the results in the report are a result of same filter with diff values. report 3: planned -> based on column "planned start" and the results in the report are a result of a filter "B...

Crystal Reports 2008
Is it possible to pass parameters from .NET application to the dynamic SQL Command in the Crystal report based on the Ms Access 2008 database? If yes, how? If you are saying you have a source of data in an Access database (I'm not aware of a 2008 version of Access), and you want to get at .NET parameters, I'd think you'd get more help in one of the .NET newsgroups. Access doesn't care who looks at it's data, so the "how" in your situation may be more relevant to .NET or Crystal Reports. Good luck! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP ...

Custom entity modifications not visible
This is driving me mad and I'd be grateful for a solution please... I've modified a couple of attibutes for the address Entity in CRM under Customize Entities. Changes include the Displayname and picklist types. I've then selected 'Publish all customizations' from the More actions menu. When I then try to view the entity changes nothing has changed. I spotted a section in the Help system for Troubleshooting customizing entities which states that: a) the changes need to be published b) the user doesn't have permissions to use the customized entity. I didn't thi...

generating report from excel, trouble with bookmark..
Hi all, I am trying to generate couple of word documents from excel sheet. I start with word template file with enclosing bookmarks to insert text and objects from excel. I have to add three things to the word document. 1. project name 2. pad drawing 3. table of data I am able to successfully replace the bookmarks when I use text. But when I try to copy the drawing(a picture), it doesn't work. Also I try to copy a table that also doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong. The code is shown below. Thanks in advance for correcting me with your suggestions. shishi Sub Gen...

Updating a Custom Workflow Assembly breaks existing workflows
Hello folks, I have built, registered, and tested a custom workflow assembly. Assume that 3 workflows were then built that use this workflow assembly. I then add some additional features to the project and recompile. I use the registration tool to Update (not remove and add new) the existing assembly to expose the new features to workflow. My existing workflows now report an error condition "This workflow contains an invalid reference. For more information, contact your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator." Can anyone tell me why this is? ... or better yet, how to remedy this...

Security & Reports
I did not mind the change from a list that could be selected from to your pre-fab for a company of 10,000 employees - Roles (sounds cool though - a buzz word these days?). However, since no reports actually print the report numbers listed in the create roles part of security, it is a real pain to try and put together things for companies that have employees that do multiple jobs. Printed reports, should reference the number assigned to them in the security section so that they can be identified. And, NO, the names do not match up either. ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

MOSS 2007 Licensing w/ SQL Reporting Services
After review the installation guide it appears that I will have to install the MOSS 2007 WFE on our SQL Server to use the SSRS Sharepoint integration. So to use the SSRS SharePoint integration do I need to have an additional server license of MOSS so I can install the WFE on our SQL Server? Thanks, You don't need to install SharePoint on SQL. You do need to install the SSRS component on your SharePoint however. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Kai Stankey" <KaiStankey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Need custom Report
Hi everyone ... I have this problem . I downloaded from somewhere a custom report xml. The thing is that when I have returns I am always short at the register. I tried detaild sales report, but It seems to me that it does not include sales taxes collected. Basicly I need a full report by registers and cashiers, including everything ... Like opening ammount was 200 , closing was 200 , and all the transactions total should be equal the total sales ammount in the report right ? So please help me with this little problem ... ...

Problem dynamically creating Custom Controls
I want to create a custom control dynamically that displays a row with 4 controls for 0 to N number of drawings that I will only know only at runtime. My problem is that in the Parent Dialog the create function always returns 0 and then never displays. Per MSDN I expect a Return Value = Nonzero if successful; otherwise 0. Hence, I am failing every time. Note, I am ably to display my custom control properly if I place it at design time, but that will not work. Relevant Code Parent Dialog BOOL ReviewDialog::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); BOOL bcreate; bcreate = m_testRow.Cre...

excel autofilter arrow custom query
hello and thanks for any future help you can give me. i am making a spreadsheet to record data for statistical purposes. m problem is; that i have one column of numbers, that i want to hav saved on this spreadsheet when i open it, and then another column o numbers, that i will put on this spreadsheet after i have opened it some of the numbers in the columns may well be duplications, copies and so i would like to set-up a third column, which shows th duplicated numbers. i have put on an autofilter, and using the arrow selected custom thinking that i could put in a formula for this thir column t...

Reports from Different Data Sources ??
Hi All, Building some reports in Visual Studio, and have a need to create reports encorporating data from a different data source - currently MS Access. I could encorporate this data in to new entities in CRM but would prefer not too, (unless advisable?) Can anyone comment on IF this CAN be done, and/or SHOULD be done (re pulling from different data sources. And if CAN and/or SHOULD - HOW do I do this? Thanx in advance, Jonathan Hi MD, Thats good advice thank you. I've been trying to do just that, but the problem is that the linked tables in CRM (to the entities in CRM) are not dynam...

Outlook 2003 SP1 NDR Report with bad KB Article
Recently a user has reported that she receives the following NDR when sending out emails. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: 4th Annual Energy Tech Investor Forum Sent: 8/20/2007 1:12 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Christopher Lord' on 8/20/2007 1:12 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. Doing a search in the KB brings up article ID 872896... I checked back with the user, and yes on the emails sent out, the FROM line is empty. She authenticates to the SMTP serv...

Report for items not sold yet or Last Sold is empty
Is there a report like the top performer for items that shows which items in the store that haven't been sold at all or for a specific time frame that way customers know what items that are not selling. Any suggestions are welcome. I am still new to the software. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Sales Tax Clears When Using Set Customer
We recently started tracking sales to customers. When we select a customer and scan the items, all of the sales tax checkboxes are off and we have to manually turn each item on again. I cannot find an option to correct this. This is inefficient and risky if clerks forget to collect the tax. Any ideas??? Thanks! If you are not basing tax on customer info (i.e. tax by customer zip or state), then you likely do not have the tax assigned to each taxable line item. Have you checked your items to make sure there is tax assigned? To quickly check if an item is taxable, begin SO Mgr> Da...

My Report Error
I always get the same error when click shortcut within My Report in my home page right after login to GP 10.0. Message is "Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field 'IsPringting' in script 'PrintReport'. Script terminated." It happens on both GP server and Terminal Server. Olny if I open My Reports List, close it and then click shortcut in My Report, I do not receive the message and report is generated. I could not find any solution in KB. Can anyboby tell me what cause this problem? Taka Hi Taka Have you installed SP2 yet for GP 10? Fliehigh &...