FITID Uniqueness in Money OFX files

Can any of you MVP gurus out there help me with this one?

I have produced some software which produces OFX files for import into MS
Money.

It is documented that the transaction ID (FITID) must be "unique", but
exactly how "unique" does it have to be to avoid false matches? If a FITID
value is reused after a year for the same account, will that produce a false
match which might cause a transaction to be overwritten?

Thanks in advance,
Colin

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Colin Smale wrote:

>Can any of you MVP gurus out there help me with this one?
>
>I have produced some software which produces OFX files for import into MS
>Money.
>
>It is documented that the transaction ID (FITID) must be "unique", but
>exactly how "unique" does it have to be to avoid false matches? If a FITID
>value is reused after a year for the same account, will that produce a false
>match which might cause a transaction to be overwritten?

Yes.

Just make the date of the transaction part of the FITID, and that
duplication is not going to occur.

Besides being unique, the FITID must be the same each time that
particular transaction is downloaded.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/29/2003 7:17:09 PM
Thanks Cal, now I know what I have to do!

--colin

> In microsoft.public.money, Colin Smale wrote:
>
> >Can any of you MVP gurus out there help me with this one?
> >
> >I have produced some software which produces OFX files for import into MS
> >Money.
> >
> >It is documented that the transaction ID (FITID) must be "unique", but
> >exactly how "unique" does it have to be to avoid false matches? If a
FITID
> >value is reused after a year for the same account, will that produce a
false
> >match which might cause a transaction to be overwritten?
>
> Yes.
>
> Just make the date of the transaction part of the FITID, and that
> duplication is not going to occur.
>
> Besides being unique, the FITID must be the same each time that
> particular transaction is downloaded.

Money 2004 Deluxe ->Money 2005 Standard
Can I simply install 2005 Standard over 2004 Deluxe? I never use the extra features and the Standard was free. Yes. But beware if one of the features you did use was Forecast Cash Flow. It's not in Standard 05. I would also argue that a free M05 cost you way too much. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005. "Oliver Costich" <olc-caNOSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message news:34aer0t0add3rcerguclf92v0uqt6flc57@4ax.com... > Can I simply install 2005 Standard over 2004 Deluxe? I never use the > extra features and the Standard was free. Ooops. That should be http://umpmfaq.info...

How do I import.DBX files?
I backed up my Outlook 2000 folders (.DBX) files. Now with a fresh install of Office, how can I import these folders in to Outlook? "Geary Boulrice" <boulrice@sonalysts.com> wrote in message news:8b9201c432b8$838f14a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I backed up my Outlook 2000 folders (.DBX) files. Now > with a fresh install of Office, how can I import these > folders in to Outlook? Outlook 2000 does NOT use dbx files. What you had was outlook EXPRESS. To import these files into OUTLOOK, you need first to import them into Outlook EXPRESS and then either export to OUTLOOK o...

Now what, unable to undo read only files on F:\drive
New computer with Office 2003, In Excel all new documents saved to the server drive are "read-only". When I go into properties of any folder in the "F" drive it is "read-only" and will not let me change it. Spreadsheet needs to be updated and saved as new month but Excel will not let me do this. Any suggestions? ...

Need Money & am confused...
Hello! This is a great site - I am rather confused, though. I have been using Money forever (I hardly use the download/internet features so this removal of Money isn't too catastrophic to me). Fast forward, I had to reinstall and I no longer have the documentation....so, I went online and downloaded the Plus TRIAL version. Well, it has expired - kept trying to 'purchase' but that is not an option, as we all know. So, I tried to download 2007 - but it then said that I cannot go backwards - so, here I am - my .pst file is now Microsoft Money Plus - I am not able ...

Updating information in 1 file when it is added to other files
I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information for publications in different industries. 8 Industries and 1 Master List. I would like to link the master list to all of the individual industry lists so that when I add or update a new contact in an Industry list, it is reflected in the Master Spreadsheet as well. Essentially, I want to cut down on duplicating my efforts. Check out the copy paste merge examples... http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Kyle" wrote: > I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information f...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Linking to a file from a report
Total newb here. I want to have a link to a PDF file from a report. In theory the file name will be different for each record. Each record has a field for file name whether or not there is a file available (blank or null). All the files are in the same folder. If I understand correctly, the path needs to be stored in the table holding the file name. I have different users entering the data in a form but I don't want them to have to enter in the file path, just the file name. Also, I don't want the file path displayed on the report, just the file name. Is this done with a...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

how to combine & split xml files with xslt?
How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml file into multiple files using xslt? Knighterrant wrote: > How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml > file into multiple files using xslt? Combine is easy, just use document() fucntion to load additional XML documents. Splitting is a bit harder. See "Producing Multiple Outputs from an XSL Transformation" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml06162003.asp -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD] http://www.xmllab.net http://blog.tkachen...

cannot open .xls files
Dear all, I am using MS Office XP. I am experiencing a problem when opening .xls files by double-click on them. After I double-click the files, the Excel problem is running but there is no .xls file opened. Although I can still open the file with command open in Excel, it is uncomfortable that double-click is not working. Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? Thank you in advance. Best Regards, Thomas This is a multipost. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Thomas Lau" <thomaslau@FAKE.hotmail....

99 Money to 2000 import questions?
Hi all, We use Money99 on our desktop and are looking into using my laptop as our primary computer. The laptop has Money 2000 already installed but not being used. Can someone explain to me how I can copy all the information from 99 over to 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.......John ...

Message: Money Not properly installed, recs not working, help!
Just got this message yesterday when I opened MOney 2004 STandard version (never happened before) "money is not properly installed. plese set up again" I uninstalled and reinstalled money but still getting same error messages I tried the options of opening a existing Money file, will not open my existing data file I tried create a new file but it give me error message that it can't save I tried repairing "my money" file but ti will not let me repair, it gave me this message about possibly being a read only file it will not let me restore any back up file Help! I...

Cannot open a pub file
I created a file in publisher 2007 and have been adding to file several times. I tried to open the file today to continue adding more text to it and suddenly I find that I can not longer open the file. I also tried publisher 2003 and 2007 in another computer with the same result. Please help! Are you using the same printer? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "C Wong" <C Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10CA349A-4FB5-426E-9BA3-...

Works 9 Word Processor Opening Older files
Hi I have Vista Home Premium and Works 9 Suite I am unable to open older Word documents in Works 9, I believe they are Word 2003 files. Message says 'there is not enough memory to open file' This is a new pc and has more than enough memory to open an 88kb document so it must be a conversion problem but what and how I resolve it is a mystery to me. I have tried opening in Wordpad and Notepad and although I can see some words that are in the document it is not readable. Any suggestions please? Did you install the Word component of Works Suite or ...

Money always forces 4 day lead time for electronic payments
My bank and I were trying to figure out why, when I order an online = payment for asap, it takes 4 (sometimes 5) business days to get paid, = but if I do it online at their website, it can be done the next business = day, or at most 2 days. Once I sync money by connecting to the bank = through money, it downloads the payment and has the right day on it. Question: Why does money not allow you to choose an earlier date for = epays (as opposed to check pays)? Any setting to change this behavior? = Thanks The bank actually determines that. If Money is using the bank's bill pay service, t...

how can i lock a sheet in an excel file????
I made an excel of 5 sheets and i want to send it to all my employees, but I dont want them to have axces in just one sheet....Can I lock this sheet with a password??? you have a few options: 1. you can hide the sheet. 2. you can password protect the sheet with a password, on the review tab in excel 2007, tools/protection in 2003 3. you can limit the access to just cell a1, for example. alt-F11 to get to the vb editor,click view then properties window (or press F4), select the sheet and in the scroll area, enter A1. then they won't be able to select anything but A1. then...

Specific file path in ODBC connection string
Does anybody know if it is possible to specify a specific file path for a .DBF database file in an ODBC connection string used in the CDatabase or CRecordset classes? I mean something that would override the default path for the ODBC Data Source like CString MyRecordset::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T ("ODBC;DSN=MyDataBase;Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]"); } - or - CRecordset rec; rec.open (CRecordset::snapshot, "Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]", CRecordset::readOnly); ....? You can if you use the Jet engine. Use CDaoRecordset instead of CRecordset Ali R. "Doug Dean&...

I can not email excel files
I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? newbe wrote: || I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? Umm what happens when you try? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk And what are you doing to try?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbe" <newbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBA3AC3-F379-4973-AB64-FBA9FD7F43A5@microsoft.com... > I am using xp- I can"t email a excel file? i was trying to e mail right out of excel but it would not work. I found out...

Money 04 hangs after sending Epay via MSN Billpay
I'm using Money 2004 and the built in Bill Pay service. Every once in a while when I transmit an Epay, the transaction will successfully complete (I get the required handshake and a valid check number), but Money will freeze up right at the end. Killing it via Task Manager seems to fix it and I can continue. Most Epays work without a problem, this might happen every 10th one or so. The transactions that I was sending right before the freeze are received fine by the bill payment service. Any ideas? TIA ...

can not save altered files over network
I raised this subject previously and got helpful advice. However, a separate problem arose - bit of history below: I uninstalled the Windows XP update KB885250 and that removed the problem. However, my PC immediately informed me the Windows XP update KB885250 was available and when I let it reinstall, the problem returned. Do you think I should just avoid installing this update (though I think my pc will be interupting me all day to tell me about it) or is there something else I should try? David > > "garfield-n-odie" wrote: > > > > > >>If you ...

Access: Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files
Hi. I created a form in MS Access 2007 Enterprise Edition. I added a chart to it with a query as a record source. Everytime when I open the form, the wizard starts, saying "Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files" and soon the message "Configuring Microsoft Access Enterprise..." follows. It is annoying to see this everytime I try to use the form. Is there any particular reason for such a behaviour of the Access? Regards, Vedran. Hi Vedran, I suspect that some registry setting is not being written if you open the database as a normal user. By chance are y...

Password recovery in MS MOney 2002?
I've forgotten the password for an occasionally used MS MOney 2002 file. Any tips on how to recover the password? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Jennifer McBride wrote: >I've forgotten the password for an occasionally used MS MOney 2002 file. >Any tips on how to recover the password? TIA > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=password.recovery+money+2002&btnG=Google+Search has many offerings -- some of which have free trials that will tell you the first two or 3 characters. That could be enough to jog your memory. I have no knowledge or...

A question on joining more than one xml document to xsl file??
How do it bind the articlelink nodes in the layout.xsl?? I have several xml pages(art1.xml, art2.xml, so on) that I know how link them up via articles.xml, <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <articles> <articlelink href="art1.xml"/> <articlelink href="art2.xml"/> ...... </articles> But the layout.xsl page is this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="html&quo...

Accessing an OST file
I have a user that is looking for a long lost email that she "hopes" she saved. Of course, she has many, many PST files. The email is not in any of those. There are 3 OST files in the default Outlook folder on her computer. Is there a way to open and search those files? I've done some research and have read that if the OST is orphaned, then you need to buy software that will let you convert the OST to a PST. That doesn't seem to be the case here, it is in her windows folder. Thanks "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:...

System Cache in W2K8 R2 file server
Hi, I have a file server that is constantly consuming all of the 8GB memory it has, after reading quite a bit about it I understand that it is the System Cache that is eating up all the memory. The server has somewhere between 30MB to 300MB available memory but most often about 100MB. W2K8 (not R2) has the Windows Dynamic Cache Service where I can set a max-size on the System Cache but that service doesn't run on W2K8 R2. Is there a way to limit the size on the System Cache in W2K8 R2? Thank you in advance. Stefan > > > I have a file server that is constan...