Finding data files

I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't
show any of my data.  I saved everthing on my hard drive
before I installed XP, but I did not back up my Money
data.  Isn't there a file that contains my current
information?  What is the name of the file Money saves
its information to?

Thank You!!

0
dalevan (1)
7/11/2004 1:35:47 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=109.

"Dale" <dalevan@iserv.net> wrote in message
> I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't
> show any of my data.  I saved everthing on my hard drive
> before I installed XP, but I did not back up my Money
> data.  Isn't there a file that contains my current
> information?  What is the name of the file Money saves
> its information to?
>
> Thank You!!

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

750 KB file saves 10 times longer than a 900 KB file
We use a spreadsheet in our office that has numerous macros. This spreadsheet is approximately 750 kb. I created another file with no macros that is about 900 kb. The 900 kb file saves enormously faster that the 750 kb file with macros I spend a lot of time waiting for these files to save all day long. I have tried moving the macros to another sheet to see if that would help - but it only helped minutely. I have no add-ins checked (I saw that suggestion on another post). Any suggestions are hugely appreciated. Thank you. I've never noticed a difference in time based on if a workbook cont...

Box when opening File
Quick question...When I open up one of my saved files, Visio automatically puts some kind of box (function box possibly) around my heading and some of the text. I'll take it off and save and it isn't there. But when I close the file and then open it up again later it's there again. I try to delete the box but it deletes my text with it. I can't resize or delete the box (actually conjoined boxes) by itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to call...214-981-6324. Thanks! Try changing the line weight of the shape to none. John... Visio MVP Nee...

Export data in XML through Web Services
I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this data in a XML format. I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute. Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class? Thanks in advance -------------------------------------------- Massimo Rizzotto -------------------------------------------- can you show us the code now, and show us what you are getting on the wire and show us what you would like to get on the wire? This article http://www.15secon...

Email addresses in a comma-delimited (CSV) file
I am trying to create a csv from another application to be imported into Excel. One of the columns will contain email addresses. Is there a way that I can format the data in the column to have the addresses be 'links' when brought into Excel. First, hyperlinks are not just formatting. The Insert|hyperlink style of hyperlinks are objects in excel. Second, CSV files are plain old text. They don't hold these kinds of objects. (And they also don't contain any formatting properties, either.) But third, you may be able to cheat a bit. Can you go back to the othe...

How to find cells with links to other workbooks?
I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there a easy wy of finding such links? Hi you may try http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "Bathonian" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other > workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there > a easy wy of finding such links? ...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

pdf. file
Help!! Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment. For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it. Any suggestions, tips or clues??? thanx in advance Do you have Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader installed? If you save the file to your hard drive, can you open it? deb wrote: > Help!! > > Someone has sent me an e-mail with a pdf file attachment. > For some reason, unknown to me, I can't open it. Any > suggestions, tips or clues??? > > thanx in advance do you have adobe reader? "deb" <nikko-cat@rogers.com> wrote in message news:0...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

help attaching files
Hi... Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003. For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails. Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder. then when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open.... It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder... Help? Thanks! -- B'rgds, Vinnie FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was released on Apr 15th. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165 It lists two known conflicts so far....

Converting Eml files to Msg files with code
Hi. Sorry if this question is overly simple. I'm developing an integration project between Exchange and SPS. I read the message on a public folder of Exchange with ADO. I use ADO's stream object and save the message as a file. Created file formatted as .EML file and has .EML extension. We want to read this file in Outlook but it can't open the file. Because of this I need to format this file as .MSG file. I don't need a tool. I should make this process in code. Is there any API or code sample. Thanks in advance. ...

Transferring contacts from OAB file
Hello, I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. I copied the oab, ost, and pst files to an external harddrive but have not been able to open the offline address book in Outlook at home. The pst opens fine. Any assistance or ideas appreciated. Thanks Love your attempt in regards to the oab/ost, but take a peek at http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm <dextrorama@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148816290.691150.313800@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. > > ...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

how do I get old versions of modified files?
I made a mistake and modified a file, how do I get back the old version? Thanks From your backup, which, of course you take every evening !!! John G "Power Image" <Power Image@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:910DFC71-460A-4169-A56E-AB90D905E9C5@microsoft.com... >I made a mistake and modified a file, how do I get back the old version? >Thanks ...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

QUESTION- Simpler Way to Add a Data Series to Other Graphs?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

Can't open Money file directly.
I have Money 2005 I have many accounts at different banks. I can always open Money by using my password. I just added a new account & it tried to hook it up with Net.Passport. Now everytime i try to open my file it wants my Net.Passport. I deleted the new account,but it still opens with Net.Passport. I went into tools & selected to remove my accounts from Passport's server. Still can't open Money file directly. How can i get it back to just open my account from my PC ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >I have Money 2005 >I have many accounts at different bank...

nested find in if problem
for excel 2003, the formula =IF(FIND("s",A2:A14),B2,IF(FIND("s",A2:A14),C2,0)) will fail ( show #VALUE as result) when s is not present but "r" is. what can one do about that? Try this: =IF(COUNTIF(A2:A14,"S"),B2,IF(COUNTIF(A2:A14,"R"),C2,0)) Is that something you can work with? -------------------------- Regards, Ron (XL2003, Win XP) Microsoft MVP (Excel) "gs" <gs@dontMail.telus> wrote in message news:uH0U8kNFIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > for excel 2003, the formula =IF(FIND("s",A2:A14),B2,IF(FIND(&q...

Updating .nsf lotus notes server file
Hi, Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server. Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset Dim session As Object Dim notesdb As Object Dim notesView As Object Dim NotesEntry As Object Dim notesdoc As Object Dim Item As NotesItem Dim doccollection As Object Dim datetime As NotesDateTime i = 0 Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession") Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf") 'Check if open If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then ...

Working with recovered Money files
Does anyone have advice or experience working with Money files recovered through a complete format restore recovery? I have recovered 68 .mny type files from a Harddrive that had a PC restore image overlayed on it. This was MS Money 2007 under Vista Ultimate. The recovered files are semi-genericly labeled with "Recovered_MS-Money_##" they just show today's new save date and range in size from 60KB to 23,300KB. When viewed in Wordpad the largest files have an opening line that says "MSISAM Database" before the gibberish code begins. I tried the Money standard r...