File Formats

Will my *.mny file from Money 2001 work with Money 2004?
0
tcolbymn (1)
9/8/2003 9:27:18 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Provided 2001 and 2004 are from the same region. i.e. both US or both UK.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"tcolby" <tcolbymn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Will my *.mny file from Money 2001 work with Money 2004?

0
Bob_Peel (292)
9/8/2003 9:43:33 PM
To be precise, Money 2004 will upgrade your Money 2001-compatible file to
one that is Money 2004-compatible (assuming same region).  Note that the
Money 2004 file cannot be read by Money 2001.  Money 2004 keeps a copy of
your Money 2001-compatible file in case you have to revert to Money 2001.

--

Joe Norton

"Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Provided 2001 and 2004 are from the same region. i.e. both US or both UK.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
>  Hints/Tips
>       http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>  UK Wishes/Suggestions
>       mnyukwsh@microsoft.com
>
> "tcolby" <tcolbymn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Will my *.mny file from Money 2001 work with Money 2004?

0
jfnorton (20)

msnpst files
All: Does anyone have any tips on opening an MSN local folder -- .msnpst -- with Outlook? I can open regular .pst files but Outlook won't recognize the .msnpst files that MSN mail creates. Thanks, John you need to add an account using the msn connector then try closing outlook and replacing the new pst it creates with the old one by renaming the pst's. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

UPPER CASE formatting a cell
I receive excel data from a number of sources to be combined together in a single sheet. I would like to format a column of cells to be all upper case but not use the =UPPER() function. I'd like to format a cell to force any lower case char to upper case automatically when data is entered. Custom formatting as >CCCC doesn't work. Can this be done? Conversely, how can I force cell A1 to be UPPER CASE by using =UPPER(A2), then remove the reference to A2 when printing the result? I don't want the cell A2 to print. This I forget how to do. Hi you'll need VBA for this. ...

bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program
I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options >> File Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint" and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are ...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

Temporary Excel files.
Hi, does anyone know where Excel stores its temp files to managing multiple opened copies of the same workbook? Word stores its lock files in same directory of the opened document, but Excel? Thanks in advance for the answers. Alex On a single user (non-networked pc), excel will put a few files in your windows temp folder. But I think it does more than just that. (Just guessing!) When the workbook is on a network, excel/windows is smart enough to be able to tell that second person the the file is in use. If the only indicator were on the first user's temp file, then the seco...

Outlook 2000, large pst file slow to open or corrupt
Hi, this is a very frustratring problem I hope someone canhelp us with. I've established that the outlook.pst file is either too large of corrupt. I've run scanpst which found no problem, the pst file is 2gb! should this cause a problem? I can't reduce the size of the file, although is will open, it won't let me delete of move anything or even archive - reporting that it can;t access the pst file although I can open it and browse contacts and messages (it's very slow doing this though) How can I reduce the size of this file in another way? See if this info helps: http:...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Saving files as JPG
Often when I save a logo and/or a flyer in publisher and then save it as a jpg for bi print jobs there is a LINE along the side of the piece ... any ideas of how to get rid of it or WHAT might cause it? This happens once in a while, never have figured out why. You can open the image in Paint; erase the line. Or crop it out when you use the image in Publisher. Do you get the line if you save the picture as a .png or .tif? -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Greetings&Salutations" <Greetings&Salutations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Merge file pairs
I have several hundreds of pairs of files (file1 in one subfolder i paired to file1 in second subfolder) where I need to open the pair copy arange (columns a to e) from one file to the other, then save an close the files. Then loop on to the next pair in the list. Has anyon done this? Can you point me to examples? I've looked at several we sites (debruin, for ex.) but cannot find exactly what I need. Al suggestions welcome -- rroac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rroach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel
Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a stange problem that has just started. I am running Windows XP and Office XP. If I click on an Excel file in my folders in explorer, it will open Excel and an error message comes up telling me it can't find the file and to check the path and folder. Once I click out of the message the file sometimes is already open. I have no problems if I open Excel first then open a file - it is driving me crazy, please help. Tr...

Huge "empty" excel 97 file !!
I still have files of up to 4MB, after deleting the contents of a 16MB excel 97 file then saving !!! Details:- (1)If I select the whole worksheet (by clicking on the blank cell in the top left corner of the worksheet) (2)then I click on EDIT and then on DELETE. (3)repeat 1&2 for any other sheets (4)Then click on FILE, then SAVE AS a new name Windows explorer shows that the new file can be up to 4MB. This is very frustrating if I am trying to reduce the size a file so that it fits onto a floppy disc. This problem occurs with a number of my excel files. How can I get rid of this invis...

Password to open file
How do you make file only open after you enter a password? dcknie, file save as, tools, general options enter password to open, this is for excel 2003 its a little different in other versions but that should get you there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "dcknie" <dcknie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21B2C37-1877-4357-A756-35470C31EDC7@microsoft.com... > How do you make file only...

file
I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and somehow has an error message on it that it will not save because locked by another station. I have done everything from trying to find out who last used it to deleting it and starting over and nothing works. PLEASE HELP amy Maybe Debra Dalgleish has the answer: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen amy wrote: > > I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and > somehow has an error message on it that it will not save > because locked by a...

Extremely slow file
I've been doing some ad-hoc analysis at work today and as a quick fix (and because I don't have the Access query skills) I ended up with 2 sheets: Sheet 1 - Contains 21,000 rows of data, 10 columns with the first column being a concatenation of 4 cells from each row Sheets 2 - Contains 10,000 rows with 7 VLOOKUPs in each row, but each vlookup is like the following: =VLOOKUP(A1&$B$1&$C$1&D1,data_range,9,false) Where the data_range is all 21,000 rows x 10 columnsrange in sheet2 Anyway, the file is simply too unwieldy to use. It takes an age to calculate the cells, apply ...

xls file won't open
I have an Excel file which I'm no longer able to open as the system comes back with a message saying 'Not enough memory' The file size is 887kb, I think it was created in Excel 2000 with Win98, but may have been on a machine running XP Home when the problem occurred. I am able to open much larger files without problems, I have also tried opening it on several other machines which have XP Home and Pro, obviously these have newer versions of Excel. Has anyone got any ideas how I can recover my information please? Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance for any help yo...

Import and Export files
I currently have Outlook 2002. I brought a new computer and installed the new edition of MS office and use outlook. I exporting a file from the new version, and want to import to my current work outlook 2002. Is there any way to do this, and Outlook 2002 will not reconize the newer version. Any Ideas or help, Thanks New version? which version? David "Gene" <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote in message news:40c301c3e421$38717840$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I currently have Outlook 2002. > > I brought a new computer and installed the new edition > of MS office and u...

Microsoft Word 2010 Beta doesnt recognise old word files immediate
I have just installed MS Word 2010 beta. Unfortunately, existing word documents created in MS Word 2002 are not immediately recognised by MS 2010. If I first open 2010 and go to file loaction the docs will open fine. However , if i double click on a pre-existing word doc it does not know what programme to use to open it. I have tried finding the winword file to open it but get this message... ".doc is not a valid Win32 application" Is there anyway to solve this issue as it is really inconvenient to have to open Word 2010 each time and manually find the location of ...

Outlook 2003 :: Views :: Automatic Formatting
Hello all. I have two questions about views. Hope you can help me. 1. How to higlight messages from the certain domain? In the dialog "Automatic Formatting" I can define condition to check From field (for example, "where From field contains @microsoft.com"). But the view checks only sender's name (not e-mail). However, I can filter by e-mail using From field in the rule (Rules and Alerts). What are the differences? Because of internal interfaces, I guess. Rule can access to "source data" but view can access to "prepared- to-view data" only. I could ...

open older msn files with new Money 2003
I just received my new computer with MS Money 2003 loaded. I've been using Money for Windows 95. When I tried to open my files with the new version it got corrupted after the conversion. AND it also corrupted the original version! What to do? Is my past year's work down the tubes??? H E L P moneyless in Chicago! What do you mean that it also corrupted the original version? You will not be able to open the 'converted' file in the original version. But Money always saves a copy of the file prior the conversion and changes the extention to .mn* where '*' is the...

Find File
I am trying to open an .xls file that I created a few weeks ago - that is listed within a folder. When I click to open I get a message that it can't be found. It is listed within a folder, size 195 KB - it seems like it should be there. Any suggestions on how to open or find? Are you trying to open it from within Excel - File Open, or are you trying to open it from eg Explorer -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "LC in Boston" wrote: > I am trying to open an .xls file that I created a few weeks ago - that is > listed within a folder. When I click to ...

Convert Excel records to text documents in arbitary formats
Hi, A newbie here (groan). I need a tool to take data in excel tables and generate text documents with the data rearranged in new forms, eg to look somewhat like mailing labels (but with more data items, like email address). Is there a tool that will take Excel data and generate documents in arbitrary formats? Also, is there a tool to edit column data, eg. the Name field I have is all uppercase, and I wanted to cap the first and make the others lower case (eg: JONES -> Jones), a pain in the ass if done manually. Generally, an editing tool for column data. thanks in advance Don't kno...

Excel can't SAVE added data & formatting?
Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. What gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit issue? Sheet less than 1000 rows, but many formats ... Thanks ... Kha "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Export to CSV format
Dear All, I'm using Office 97, I've 2 macros : a) hide the rows with amount valu zero and b) automatic save the sheet to local drive with csv-extension. But, when the sheet is saved I noticed that in the ne file the hidden rows are still visual. How to avoid these lines ???? Used code (a) Hidden rows : Sub hide_rows() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "W").End(xlUp).Row For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If Cells(RowNdx, "W").Value = 0 Then Rows(RowNdx).Hidden = True End If Next RowNdx End Sub Used code (b) save to c...