Feature Requests

Unmatching Transactions - I sometimes find quite a few transactions that need
to be un-matched.  In the account register view, I select the transaction and
click un-match.  This takes several minutes to run for each transaction (I
have archived off several years worth of data and the process should be
quicker).  I would like to be able to select multiple transactions that need
to be un-matched, right-click and be able to un-match them all.

Payee, Category, etc - views - I would like to be able to right-click on the
graphs and have the option of setting the graph range manualy.

Importing - I would like to be able to control the syntax of items being
imported, for example - I would like to strip out "POS PUR FROM CHK" from all
transactions.  I can map them to the real payee, but it is a manual pain.  I
would also like to have more control over the import of check numbers.  If it
is a priority check, the full check number get's cut off from the import ue
to the field size restruiction.

Account Register - Sometimes POS trnsactions come over with only an address.
 I would like to be able to link into a search engine to determine what the
payee's name could be.

I have been using Money for years and have overall been satisfied with the
application.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=91ddcd5f-2eeb-4a1f-9fbc-407ddd64917a&dg=microsoft.public.money
0
TheLuv (2)
1/16/2007 3:34:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, TheLuv wrote:

>Unmatching Transactions - I sometimes find quite a few transactions that need
>to be un-matched.  In the account register view, I select the transaction and
>click un-match.  This takes several minutes to run for each transaction (I
>have archived off several years worth of data and the process should be
>quicker).  I would like to be able to select multiple transactions that need
>to be un-matched, right-click and be able to un-match them all.
>
>Payee, Category, etc - views - I would like to be able to right-click on the
>graphs and have the option of setting the graph range manualy.
>
>Importing - I would like to be able to control the syntax of items being
>imported, for example - I would like to strip out "POS PUR FROM CHK" from all
>transactions.  I can map them to the real payee, but it is a manual pain.  I
>would also like to have more control over the import of check numbers.  If it
>is a priority check, the full check number get's cut off from the import ue
>to the field size restruiction.
>
>Account Register - Sometimes POS trnsactions come over with only an address.
> I would like to be able to link into a search engine to determine what the
>payee's name could be.
>
>I have been using Money for years and have overall been satisfied with the
>application.
>

>----------------
>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Did you want help suggestions with any of these, or just lobbying?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/16/2007 3:58:17 AM
If you have suggestions, they are welcome.  If there are no easy ways of
performing these functions, then some assistance lobbying for these features
in the 2007 or 2008 version would be appreciated.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, TheLuv wrote:
>
> >Unmatching Transactions - I sometimes find quite a few transactions that need
> >to be un-matched.  In the account register view, I select the transaction and
> >click un-match.  This takes several minutes to run for each transaction (I
> >have archived off several years worth of data and the process should be
> >quicker).  I would like to be able to select multiple transactions that need
> >to be un-matched, right-click and be able to un-match them all.
> >
> >Payee, Category, etc - views - I would like to be able to right-click on the
> >graphs and have the option of setting the graph range manualy.
> >
> >Importing - I would like to be able to control the syntax of items being
> >imported, for example - I would like to strip out "POS PUR FROM CHK" from all
> >transactions.  I can map them to the real payee, but it is a manual pain.  I
> >would also like to have more control over the import of check numbers.  If it
> >is a priority check, the full check number get's cut off from the import ue
> >to the field size restruiction.
> >
> >Account Register - Sometimes POS trnsactions come over with only an address.
> > I would like to be able to link into a search engine to determine what the
> >payee's name could be.
> >
> >I have been using Money for years and have overall been satisfied with the
> >application.
> >

> >----------------
> >This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> >Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> >link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> >click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> Did you want help suggestions with any of these, or just lobbying?

0
TheLuv (2)
1/17/2007 12:31:00 AM
In microsoft.public.money, TheLuv wrote:

>Unmatching Transactions - I sometimes find quite a few transactions that need
>to be un-matched.  In the account register view, I select the transaction and
>click un-match.  This takes several minutes to run for each transaction

I would try this on a *copy* of your file to see if the tradeoffs
are worthwhile:

File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData

This Remove All Bills Data feature would be for people who have
experienced their Money file to run excessively slow.

To get some information within the program,
File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData
Read the information. Then click cancel.

Before proceeding, make an extra copy or backup of your file
in case you want to undo something.

The problem will be that if you remove all bills, you will probably
want to add at least some of your bills back. This can be done
manually with the aid of the reports that you print out before
removing the bills.

A technique that could help simplify re-entering your bills
afterward would be to go your register and selecting a
representative instance of your past bill and selecting "Make
Recurring" (Ctrl+E). This would be especially helpful if the bill is
complex, such as involving a split.

> (I
>have archived off several years worth of data and the process should be
>quicker).  I would like to be able to select multiple transactions that need
>to be un-matched, right-click and be able to un-match them all.

I don't think I have seen anybody post that archiving has
significantly speeded up a file.

>Payee, Category, etc - views - I would like to be able to right-click on the
>graphs and have the option of setting the graph range manualy.
>
>Importing - I would like to be able to control the syntax of items being
>imported, for example - I would like to strip out "POS PUR FROM CHK" from all
>transactions.  I can map them to the real payee, but it is a manual pain.

Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees->GoToPayeeRulesManager.
Your downloaded transactions may come with some generic term where
the Payee should be.  Excluded Payee Names identifies words and
phrases that should be ignored from the payee field (e.g., check,
deposit, purchase).  Add words that are generically added by your
bank.

>would also like to have more control over the import of check numbers.  If it
>is a priority check, the full check number get's cut off from the import ue
>to the field size restruiction.
>
>Account Register - Sometimes POS trnsactions come over with only an address.
> I would like to be able to link into a search engine to determine what the
>payee's name could be.
>
>I have been using Money for years and have overall been satisfied with the
>application.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Smartlist: Request for Improved Organization Capabilities
SmartList is a wonderful tool. However, because the number of available default reports has grown (51 as of version 9.0), Microsoft should provide a more useful metaphor for grouping these reports in meaningful categories. Are any changes contemplated for v10? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

how to request product key for trial office 2007
I have downloaded trial office 2007. It is now requesting 25 charachter product key which I don't know. Would like information to request a product key If you downloaded the trial from Microsoft you would've received your key before the download or in your email. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "request" <request@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD01EAD7-CE9E-4A64-BBDF-707BE45B0621@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded trial office 2007. It is now reque...

Outlook 2003: Meeting Request not in calendar until the next day
One of my firm's secretaries sent an appointment to three fairly important people a few days ago, but in the case of one person, it did not appear as an appointment in his calendar until a full day had passed. Luckily, the secretary spotted that while checking his Outlook calendar for something else, but it could have been disatrous as it was an important meeting. We use Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have checked the message tracking on the Exchange server, and according to the logs, it was delivered immediately, so I don't understand why it took so long to appear in his calendar. ...

MS Excel 2003
The Advanced Features Team is pleased to announce the release of the first version of their Add-In for MS Excel 2003. Part of this realease are the following functionalities: * Easy and powerful connection between MS Excel and MS Access * K-Means clustering algorithm * Additional User Defined Formulas * Deeper Query and Pivot Tables Manipulation Tools, including easy redirecting MS Olap cubes and Database Queries * Fast and Easy Worksheet Formatting and Management, including functions for Hiding and Grouping, changing worksheet visibility, get available workshee...

Junk Mail Feature
I understand that technology used to screen mail spam in exchange server 2003 is capable of "learning" or dynamically change screening strategy. Based on what? Is there a place I need to tell it what I consider SPAM? Also, is there a way to tell exchange that a particular e-mail is SPAM, just like you could tell it that it is not SPAM? Thanks in advance RG, AFAIK, Exchange 2003 only comes with RBL filters, which means that you can check for the IP address where email is coming from. You cannot filter any messages base on rules. You might want to try some third party too...

Invalid Format in the HTTP Request
I'm working with Public Folders in Exchange Manager and get the following error message: 'The operation failed due to an invalid format in the HTTP request. Verify that the host header is correct for the virtual server. ID no: c1030af0'. A search on MS support results in KBA 292262, which recommends an edit of a registry setting 'Allow Expand DL in ACL Data'. I've added the setting but the error continues and public folders are not accessible using Outlook 2003 rpc over HTTP or OWA. Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Dan Hi Dan, Do you by any chance hav...

Feature I would like to see in future version
I have such a hard time keeping track of all the medical bills and deductibles and such. I wish MS Money had a feature to deal with keeping track of medical bills. Almost like the 401K manager or something along that line. I could enter my health insurance parameters: co-pay, deductible, maximum out of pocket, etc. and then MS Money would keep track of how much I will owe. Then once the insurance statement came in I could reconcile the amounts and move the balance due over to my Bills. Sweet! M05 would indicate that future development will concentrate on weaning us from existing...

Delete option in Applied Task Update Requests and Errors Page
What happens exactly when a line item here is selected and the delete button is clicked? Does a previously applied (accepted) update to a particular assignment get removed from the project in the draft database? In other words, would you do this to remove incorrect updates from the plan? When would this be useful? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Andy -- No. It only removes the history of the task update being applied. It does NOT remove the update from the Microsoft Project file. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://ww...

Business portal and vacation requests
We installed the Vacation request addin for outlook back when we were using Outlook 2003 and it worked fine. Now that we have upgraded to Outlook 2007 the addin seems to be causing a problem, we get the following error when trying to accept meeting requests. "The function cannot be performed because the message has been changed." When we uninstall the add-in the error goes away. Does anyone know if there are others having this issue and if so a resolution would be great. We have contacted Microsoft Office support and Microsoft Dynamics both say that it is not their issue, ...

GP module feature list
Hi everyone, Need help in finding a feature list of HR and payroll module of GP. is it available somewhere on MS site ? or any document on setup CD ? or any other way to get hold of it. Thanks & Regards Ashfaq Ali I'm not aware of a simple listing of features available from MS. There's a tool called the Accounting Library that can provide this information. You should be aware of any tool because not all answers are correct. It could be the person who answered the question did not know how to handle a requirement. But, the Accounting Library is pretty good. The web site...

Outlook 2003 find feature doesnt work
Recently a few of my users (those who have complained so far) have found that the find feature doesnt work in Outlook 2003, if you try the advanced find, it also doesnt work. I have tried using find in the OWA version of outlook, it works, so it would appear that the problem is not with Exchange. Could this be caused by a recent update to either exchange or Outlook 2003? any help would be appreciated ...

request time out in 2003 server
HI .ALL, I am connecting two pc with network cross cable,there is windows 2003 operating system in both pc,but when i ping the ip of other pc from first pc it is showing "request time out"i have check the ip of both system they are 192.168.1.4 and in other system 192.168.1.5,the cable is also checked and firewall is also of but they are still not be connected with each other.i have try all the possible way for connecting like dns,getway.one more thing if i m connecting both pc on windows xp they are easyli con...

Adding a new feature to the Settings page
Hello, I want to add a new feature to the settings page in addition to the existing features like Business Unit Settings, Template Manager, etc. This feature is doing for some extra administrative work specific to our customizations. Is this possible? Thanks for your time. Regards, Venkat This is not possible in current releases "Venkat" <venkatb@servion.com> wrote in message news:b4ba01c43758$b25a5250$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I want to add a new feature to the settings page in > addition to the existing features like Business Unit > Settings,...

messaging interface error when using the Organize feature
When I try to use the feature Organize, I get a "Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. Try restarting Outlook." I have restarted outlook, but it persists. I can make a rule a couple of times, then it gives me this message, until I restart it again. Have you tried the "Detect and Repair" option on the HELP menu? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Kathleen" <snowkittie2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:05cb01c424ad$7901a6b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... When I try to use the feature Organize, I get a "Messaging interface has returned an...

Recover Mailbox Data Feature not working as expected
Following the steps at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/RMD.mspx, no mailboxes show up under Servers => <servername> => Recovery Storage Group => Mailboxes. The right pane is just blank and I can't right click on a mailbox to use 'Exchange Tasks...' and do a 'Recover Mailbox Data'. Any ideas on how to get them to show up in there? The previous Admin didn't have any of the Recovery Storage Group stuff setup at all (I'm setting it up, but could have possibly made a mistake or something... ), and now I'm new to t...

Request an unread Receipt
Request an unread Receipt - This would be an awesome feature on Outlook email. If I could get get an alert indicating email unread after a chosen number of days or hours as it would save me from following up in other ways ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mes...

Zoom feature controlled within a program
I would like to know if there are programs that work with digital cameras, that can zoom the camera from the program rather than from the camera. If there are such programs and cameras, which cameras are they or programs. Yeah, Microsoft CRM will do this just perfectly. Send me email and I'll be glad to sell you a few thousand copies... (Hey, if they won't go away, we can at least try to make some money on the goobers, right?...) >-----Original Message----- >I would like to know if there are programs that work with >digital cameras, that can zoom the camera from the ...

Deactivate features
I just accidentally deleted all the items in my deleted items folder by accidentally clicking on "Empty "Deleted Items" Folder". Is there a way to deactivate this option? Thanks for any help. -- Bob Becker bob@becker.org www.becker.org No, you can't disable the ability to empty the trash can, just as you can't stop the cleaning crew from emptying your office trash can. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outl...

Is there a feature in Money to warn me about a due date of a bill?
In the past versions of Money it was possible to set an alert that ran next to the window clock (tray) that shown to me that a bill was a couple of days under to its due date, so every day I had the information when I should pay a bill. In money 2006 I am not finding this feature. I saw the Alters in 2006 show me about the balance in my account, or investments or columnists content from the newsletter, but I would just to aware of the due date of bills It seems not to be working in this version of money, even in 2004 and 2005, I think that I don´t know where it is now or it was cut...

BSOD while completing the request
Hi All, When i intercept the MJ_INTERNAL_DEVICE_CONTROL IRP for my usb mass storage device in usbstor lower filter I get a BSOD when completing the original request. Basically when I get the request I encrypt the data buffer in filter before sending it to device. I create a new request and a URB for the request. But when I try complete the original request in completion routine I get BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)). Here is the stack trace and source code. Can some one provide a hint where I'm going wrong. Regards, Sushma STACK_TEXT: f895c7ac 804f8df9 0000000...

Excel 2003 autosave feature question
If you open an excel file from outlook, and it's READ ONLY, but decide to make changes and what have you, does the autosave feature still work ? Or does it not with read only files ? I am looking for the autosave file because the excel program was closed and I suspect discard changes was clicked. Even though the autosave would be deleted I thought a third party undelete app would find and be able to recover it, assuming it ever existed. Thanks, Aart. xl2003 doesn't come with autosave--it comes with autorecovery. And I don't think that autorecovery would be affected by t...

Add features and templates to design magazine and book covers.
Publisher should have templates and features to design magazine and book covers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=eebeb932-59c1-45a4-99eb-39c145adb443&dg=microsoft.public.publisher Why...

Feature Request: Integration with Outlook/Office
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum to post in, don't know where I would place a feature request. Also did a search and didn't see this particular topic come up. This is just my two cents on MS Money. It would have been nice if it was integrated more with other applications, specifically Outlook where you could set reminders (task) when your bills are due. This would have been especially useful since Money no longer has the task bar app, and Pocket Money lacks any new features and basically hasn't changed since Money 2002 (maybe even earlier). It would be nice to loo...

Meeting Requests Don't Show Up
We are having an issue with certain users not being able to receive Microsoft Outlook Meeting Requests. We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and our users are using Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I first heard about the problem a few days ago (I am not sure if this is a new problem or just has been noticed). One of our VP's sent out an Outlook Meeting Request to 5 or 6 people. 3 of those people did not get the meeting request. These 3 people also happen to be VP's who have secretaries who have mailbox access and sit and monitor the VP's email. So in essence, it is possible for...

Old MS Support Request
Hi All In 2004 I logged a support request on Partnersource and the number was 7899228. This particular request was then given the reference numbers : Bug5743/CST1031. MS also said that there was a "data model change" that was required and they couldn't give a date for the "fix". My question is - does anyone know how to trace a very old support request on Partnersoure if you have any one of the reference numbers that I have stated above? The VAR company who employed me at that time no longer exists. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Sheila Hi Sheila ...